Author Topic: Proving to Delusional Christians God dosen't exist [#504]  (Read 688 times)

Offline DL

Proving to Delusional Christians God dosen't exist [#504]
« on: October 06, 2008, 06:25:56 PM »

Even after showing some of my Christian friends your videos, they find rationale that disagree with the bible. It's a new way of denial. Make more videos, your way of presenting your arguments with solid facts is amazing, thanks.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Proving to Delusional Christians God dosen't exist [#504]
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 07:56:52 PM »
They are good, aren't they?  I didn't make the videos, though there are plenty of folks doing similar work.  Here is a short list of other people to hold you over;

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=1186.msg31740#msg31740

If you are looking for specific types of videos -- ones that answer specific questions or cover specific topics -- let me know and I'll try and save you some time finding them on your own.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Shakaib

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 03:30:39 AM »
You are very welcome. Look at some Atheist Satires. Amazing..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/S3UuKnxP3zM[/youtube]

It's only a Satire so don't get angry! LOL!

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 07:38:42 AM »
The last person is one of the resident Muslims on WWGHA.  Why any Muslims would hang out on a site that focuses on Christians, I don't know...maybe they think it allows them to not go on a suicide mission against the infidel?  Here, I'll donate a combat vest for any resident Muslim that goes elsewhere;

Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +100/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 09:45:06 AM »

I'm glad you think your own video is amazing.  Nice humility there.

Oh, and athiests aren't the only folks who espouse the scientific fact that evolution occurred (I won't say "we came from apes" as you claim in the video, because it's untrue); the project manager of the Genome Project in the USA Francis Collins is an ardent Christian who knows evolution is a scientific fact, and believes that those who espouse the creationist myth are doing nothing but harming both religion and science.

You ought to read some books.
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Offline Shakaib

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 09:49:11 AM »

I'm glad you think your own video is amazing.  Nice humility there.

Oh, and athiests aren't the only folks who espouse the scientific fact that evolution occurred (I won't say "we came from apes" as you claim in the video, because it's untrue); the project manager of the Genome Project in the USA Francis Collins is an ardent Christian who knows evolution is a scientific fact, and believes that those who espouse the creationist myth are doing nothing but harming both religion and science.

You ought to read some books.

I was being sarcastic, and as I said, it's a Satire, nothing offensive. Just a Satire!