Author Topic: Quantum Fluctuations- Explaination for the fine tuning of life  (Read 949 times)

Offline Alkan

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Mt. Lemmon, AZ. Challenging, but wondrous ride.
Quantum Fluctuations- Explaination for the fine tuning of life
« on: October 05, 2008, 08:07:36 PM »
There is now an explaination for why the universe is fine tuned for life and how evolution can in fact happen by chance: Quantum Fluctuations.

Every so often in an individual universe, the laws of physics change. A quantum bubble starts, and expands outward. It changes the behavior of energy and matter: the quantities of force, energy, just everything about it.

So, when the "cards are drawn" an infinite number of times, even rare outcomes can occur occasionally.

By paradox, I am still theistic, but it goes like this: the cause of everything can neither exist nor not exist. Something can't come from nothing by the definition of nothingness, and something can't come from something due to infinite regress. What I also like about that statement is that we're left with a totally undefined start for everything that opens up infinite possibilities, and also gets rid of dogma. It puts beauty back in the universe, and doesn't stop us from looking at how it works. Oh well, if you must live with nothingess, live with it.

I posted this as an attack towards people like Afadly, and smarter people. I am trying to broaden everyone's horizon though. Unification is what we're looking for.

Offline Alkan

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Mt. Lemmon, AZ. Challenging, but wondrous ride.
Re: Quantum Fluctuations- Explaination for the fine tuning of life
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 06:26:44 PM »
Ok, is anyone going to read this? Or is everyone going to avoid thinking, and go just look at Afadly spam?

Or perhaps people feel existentially narrowed about quantum fluctation, explaining everything. I can see how it would be depressing for some...

Offline HerrAxel

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 07:56:20 PM »

Whenever I feel existentially narrowed I take a laxative.

-
Doubt is the first virtue, faith is the first sin.

Offline Scott facehead

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 09:08:16 PM »
is there proof of other universes?

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 10:40:06 PM »
There is no direct evidence of this as of yet.  These theories are at the very boundaries of our current understanding of the universe.  Of course these hypothesis are how we advance science.  The ideas that seem far flung now, may be common sense in 100 years.  We use quantum mechanics and relativity everyday in the modern world.

Scott,

These theories have math behind them.  God doesn't have math.  Instead, the God you believe in has made a world where it appears he doesn't exist at all.
How do you define soul?
"A baseless assertion by simple-minded, superstitious individuals"
   -Starstuff

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:04:13 AM »
There is now an explaination for why the universe is fine tuned for life and how evolution can in fact happen by chance: Quantum Fluctuations.

Every so often in an individual universe, the laws of physics change. A quantum bubble starts, and expands outward. It changes the behavior of energy and matter: the quantities of force, energy, just everything about it.

So, when the "cards are drawn" an infinite number of times, even rare outcomes can occur occasionally.

By paradox, I am still theistic, but it goes like this: the cause of everything can neither exist nor not exist. Something can't come from nothing by the definition of nothingness, and something can't come from something due to infinite regress. What I also like about that statement is that we're left with a totally undefined start for everything that opens up infinite possibilities, and also gets rid of dogma. It puts beauty back in the universe, and doesn't stop us from looking at how it works. Oh well, if you must live with nothingess, live with it.

I posted this as an attack towards people like Afadly, and smarter people. I am trying to broaden everyone's horizon though. Unification is what we're looking for.

Quantum fluctuations are certainly the only thing that could be classed as free will - the totally random change of state.  Mind you, a century ago we didn't even know what quantum was (as Pratchett might put it).  We may find in centuries to come that what appears to be a random quantum level fluctuation is not in fact random at all.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

skeptic griggsy

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 11:03:29 PM »
      As guantum energy, in accordance with the law of conservation of mass-energy, is eternal, then as it leads to regular energy and matter, we find oursleves in eternal Existence. Then it is up to Lee Smolin, Team Ashtekar and  Paul Steinhardt and others to find out if that means bounces or buds. Ponder David Mill's  " Atheist Universe? He also shows up creationism.
               Freethinker, there is no need to posity divinity as the Sustainer as science and philosophy shows no need for that.  :'(

Offline AFadly

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • Islam is the ONLY proven religion
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 06:34:10 AM »
I can use your statement to disprove Evolution and Atheism, are you ready for a debate?

I'll need you to explain evolution and Universe creation by your own words, I'll make a very similar example out of your words
and debunk everything about Evolution and Atheism starting from that

Offline Dragnet

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • iustus res "We just want the facts"
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 07:01:45 AM »
is there proof of other universes?
There is proof they are possible.
I am responsible with my actions NOW so I don't HAVE to be responsible for them later.