Author Topic: Peaceful Response to the Question asked Why Won't God Heal Amputees  (Read 27162 times)

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
Re: Peaceful Response to the Question asked Why Won't God Heal Amputees
« Reply #348 on: July 18, 2011, 11:10:21 AM »
People can talk about science, and relate scientific evidence while using profanity. Objectively, it takes nothing away from the ideas themselves whatsoever. It is, however, something someone can latch onto in order to ignore the information presented, or mask the fact that their understanding is limited.

Here is an example:

1) Fucking water molecules are composed of 2 fucking hydrogen atoms and one goddamn oxygen atom, for the love of cock-sucking christ.

2) Water molecules are composed of 2 hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.    

Same fucking information.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • Darwins +0/-1,000,000,000
« Reply #349 on: July 18, 2011, 11:38:32 AM »
Very nice represantation for your website. And for yourself.
Or is it yours'?
Now I can finally see this forum's quality.
OK Bye
Ambassador horny.
Are you a hatheist?  (hey-thee-ist)

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #350 on: July 18, 2011, 11:42:14 AM »
Or is it yours'?
OK Bye
Ambassador horny.

More like you'll concentrate on a characteristic of little consequence, ignore anything of informative value, and conclude upon what you've assumed from the very beginning.

Curious.. why not call yourself John 3:18?
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +135/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #351 on: July 18, 2011, 11:51:52 AM »
Curious.. why not call yourself John 3:18?

And since Ambassador is so horny, why not call him Ezekiel 23:20-21?  :?
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #352 on: July 18, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »
Or is it yours'?
OK Bye
Ambassador horny.

And once again you miss, probably deliberately, the salient point and contrate of irrelavent deatails and word twisting.

And you never did seperate you "god" from the invisible giant bunny. This only proves to me you had nothing. How amazing NOT A SINGLE THEIST can actually come up with a logical proof.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline gonegolfing

• Reader
  • Darwins +23/-2
  • God ?...Don't even get me started !
« Reply #353 on: July 18, 2011, 12:30:47 PM »

"If not, then you need to shut the fuck up until you do........"
Very scientific, Golf gone wild :)

Now Now !!   ;D

I was being very serious.....You didn't answer my question...Have you read any scientific works from any atheist scientists ?

This may sound strange, but doing so will actually help sharpen your arguments in the process, and will do so as a result of you not only knowing your side of the debate, but also having a better understanding of the opposing side as well  ;) People who debate should have a strong grasp of both sides of the issue which allows them to make meaningful and coherent points and arguments.

To come here and try to debate the god hypothesis without some understanding of science is asking too much of us  ;)  Not to mention causing you embarrassment if you try and do battle.

Science will almost always come into the debate at some point, and so going in unprepared, is going to be extremely tough on you.

Again, if you haven't read some then you need to stifle yourself with regards to science, get yourself up to speed as best you can, and just hope(and pray?) that some are willing to hang in there with you and your personal feelings, baseless assumptions, dodging, and preaching until your better prepared.

Most wont tolerate unpreparedness for long.

Cheers
"I believe that there is no God. I'm beyond atheism"....Penn Jillette.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #354 on: July 18, 2011, 12:41:43 PM »
Velkyn needs some evidence.
Well, if evidence is what you are looking for. I am going to ask you something.
When you say "there is no God". I will say "prove it". Please just don't conveniently say you can't prove something that doesn't exist.
I already know you THINK "God doesn't exist" but you know, just to think doesn't count here. You have to come up with evidence. (Man! I am starting to sound like atheist)

Sure.  In that your bible claims that there is a god with certain attributes, this god should follow through on its promises, yes?  It doesn’t.  Thus your god doesn’t exist as claimed.  Any claims of how I’m not interpreting the bible right, or that your god is “mysterious” and has some “plan” are just adding things to excuse the inaction, and thus non-existence of your god.  I have a book with promises and claims that fail.  What do you have?
So you just can't say "I can't prove something that doesn't exist" (HI. Jeff PT) :police: Your answer should have some bullet proof evidence.
So prove it.
And Please, please do not waste your and my time coming up with stupid excuses like "There is no miracles so there is no God"or"Some ignorant christian guy named John failed to come up with an evidence, therefore "God doesn't exist".
Because if you do, I am gonna call you (IGNORANT) >:(

John, you can call me a platypus but that doesn’t make it true. So lie all you want, Christains seem to like bearing false witness.  Your attempts at trying to already excuse your god are amusing and using exactly what I expected. In the bible your god makes promises and claims.  These promises never come true and the claims are not supported by any evidence they ever happened.  We are left with either your god doesn’t exist or your god doesn’t exist as the bible claims it does, making it wrong. Which do you prefer, John?  You having the wrong god or the bible is a lie? Being that this is the only source of information on your god, if it is wrong, there is no evidence for your god at all since you cannot trust it since you cannot know which parts might be good and which aren’t. It all comes down to the usual cherry-picking that all Christians do to make up their very own god. 

Now, let’s look at another religion and put your claims in that context. I like the religion of the ancient Egyptians so I’ll use that.  Ptah is the creator of the universe.  Ptah exists I know he does!   Ptah is mentioned in a book so it’s real.  My friend believes in Ptah too.   Ptah answers my prayers, but only to his will.  Ptah only does miracles according to his will so praying won’t always get what is asked for. Ptah works in mysterious ways so we will never understand why he allows evil to exist.   

Do you see that Ptah is just the same as your god?  Probably not since you think you have the right answer in Pascal’s Wager. 

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • No one leaves the Nightosphere
« Reply #355 on: July 18, 2011, 03:44:46 PM »
by the way, ladyamo
"I can't prove something that doesn't exist" that's what Jeff pt said originally,
I was just using this to show you how stupid it would sound, if I use it back to you.
So next time, before you post something, try reading all the posts, other wise you are making your own people look BAAAAD!

Again, are you really that daft that you can't understand the significance of proving something that doesn't exist? Your god has no evidence of it existing, other than through your own emotions and looking at things that are beyond your understanding, or rather, things you'd rather not want to understand and make life seem extremely cryptic. There is nothing stupid about the phrase, other than through your own delusional view of the phrase.

I read all your posts, and you simply come off as a troll who can't even make one legitimate argument for your own god. As others have said before, I've seen better theists, who are actually honest and willing to discuss, rather than mindlessly preach without any new substance to think about. You only make theists look bad, and are making people on here less and less willing to convert to your own religion. It's bad that you are not realizing that your own idiocy is preventing you from being able to discuss, let alone convert, any atheist on here.

You have not made a case for your god. You are making yourself look bad. Either you make a case for your god, or you don't.

By the way: You have yet to answer the questions I made towards you. All I want is answers and not the same cryptic statements I tend to get from the occasional mindless theist [not implying that all theists are mindless and incapable of being insightful, because there are such theists, but unfortunately, it seems that that theist is not you]. You are required to answer the questions made towards you so that I will listen to you and perhaps convert to your religion, that is, if you can prove that it is the OneTrueReligionToRuleThemAllTM. I'm more than willing, but it seems that you are not-so willing to try to convert people, and as if you're doing this on purpose to deconvert the viewers of this website. If that's your goal, I have to congratulate you for deconverting more people from any religion.

I don't deconvert people. People like you do by simply posting on here the same nonsensical responses. So, give me something that makes sense. Again, I would appreciate it if you did answer my questions as to provide new substance so that I can think about it, only if you are willing to discuss.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:53:13 PM by LadyAmorosaLuckyDulce »

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #356 on: July 18, 2011, 06:28:06 PM »
HI lady amorosaluckydulce.
Again, I am sorry for being so rude to you.
Straight to answer, I myself have no evidence, nothing.
Long time ago, I met my Lord, He showed me His light, and revealled Himself.
I truly wish I had something I can physically show you or logically makes sense, but my God said what I have is enough. What we see and know isn't everything.
He told me "I gave my one and only Son to the world, why should I prove anything more"
You probably don't believe me, but that's OK. Just remember what I told you.
I just plant the seeds, it's my Lord that make them grow.
Someday, my Lord will reveal Himself to you, like He did to me.
Then you will know what I was talking about.
I have seen So many God's people give up some or all they have. And gladly become God's servants and do God's work for the rest of their lives, do you think all those people are just religious crazy?
There are the ones that saw God's light and the truth.
For us, believing is not an option, it is a matter of life and death, for eternity.
If you were walking down the street and saw someone drowning in a lake and you happened to have a rope, what would you do? I couldn't picture myself just walk away.
I was doing the same thing here.
It's OK to laugh at me, but just think about it, If you were me, wouldn't you be doing the same thing?

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #357 on: July 18, 2011, 06:32:59 PM »
If you were walking down the street and saw someone drowning in a lake and you happened to have a rope, what would you do?

I'd drop the rope as fast as I could and call 911 with my cell phone, since a drowning person probably can't grab the rope, and even if they did, it wouldn't keep them afloat.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #358 on: July 18, 2011, 06:44:19 PM »
Even if it was your own kid?

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #359 on: July 18, 2011, 06:44:41 PM »
I have seen So many God's people give up some or all they have. And gladly become God's servants and do God's work for the rest of their lives, do you think all those people are just religious crazy?

Actually, yes.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #360 on: July 18, 2011, 06:46:22 PM »
You shut the F*%k up.
-Pony said it is OK

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #361 on: July 18, 2011, 06:47:35 PM »
Even if it was your own kid?

Why would the laws of physics, or the known problems associated with drowning persons, be any different if it was my own "kid"?

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #362 on: July 18, 2011, 06:51:57 PM »
You shut the F*%k up.
-Pony said it is OK

I'm picking my Red Pony-Phone as we speak. It's a direct line to him.

Have you ever heard of our ER board? We just recently started using it again (today). Might want to check it out John.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #363 on: July 18, 2011, 07:17:20 PM »

In most states, that's a felony.

He told me "I gave my one and only Son to the world, why should I prove anything more"

The thing is, though, he hasn't even proved that.  The historicity of Jesus is controversial and becoming more so all the time.  For my own part, pretty much all I'm willing to admit is that there may have been a man named Jesus who called himself the son of god and had followers who were completely convinced that that was true.  Unfortunately, that's also an accurate description of David Koresh, so it doesn't really prove anything.

So what's he waiting for?

Not necessarily.  Most Christians these days don't really even know what they believe in.  They have read little or none of the bible and are so illiterate about their own religion that, according to Stephen Prothero's book, "Religious Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know -- And Doesn't":

1)  Fewer than half of Americans can identify Genesis as the first book in the bible.
2)  Only one-third know that Jesus delivered the sermon on the mount.
3)  75% of Americans believe that the bible says, "God helps those who help themselves."  (It doesn't.)
4)  Just over ten percent believe that Noah's wife was Joan of Arc.  I am not making this up.
5)  Only half of Americans can name even one of the four gospels.
6)  Fifty percent of high school seniors believe that Sodom and Gomorrah are a married couple.  Again: I am not making this up.
7)  Nearly 25% of Americans believe that Moses was a disciple of Jesus.
8 ) Less than 40% of Americans can name at least five of the Ten Commandments.

So those who are ignorant can be excused.  Well, sort of.  They can't be excused for insisting that the bible is the "word of god" when they don't even know what it says, but they can't be called mentally ill for that reason, either.

Then there are those who are like most of the atheists on this site: they started off as believers, then lost their faith when they read the bible and realized what a monster Yahweh is.  These people aren't crazy, either.  They're sensible.

Those who have read the bible and continue to insist, for example, that Yahweh is a god of perfect love?  Yeah, I'd have to say that that's indicative of some form of mental illness or something.  Maybe Stockholm Syndrome, where you start to sympathize with the terrorists who have taken you hostage.  Or the battered wife who believes that her husband beats her only because he loves her.

For us, believing is not an option, it is a matter of life and death, for eternity.

Ah, Pascal's Wager.  Gotta love it.

If you were walking down the street and saw someone drowning in a lake and you happened to have a rope, what would you do? I couldn't picture myself just walk away.

Of course you couldn't.  You would try to do something to help because you're a decent human being.  Just out of curiosity, though... isn't this irrelevant?

No, you weren't.  According to the bible, human beings aren't "drowning in a lake".  They are being held underwater by someone who says he will deliberately drown them unless they love him and worship him.

It's OK to laugh at me

I don't need your approval for that, but it's nice to know that I have it.

but just think about it, If you were me, wouldn't you be doing the same thing

No, because your analogy is seriously flawed.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #364 on: July 18, 2011, 07:58:26 PM »
You shut the F*%k up.
-Pony said it is OK

You asked a question, I answered it, and you tell me to STFU?

Care to explain the logic here?  Oh right, there isn't any.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +240/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #365 on: July 18, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »

If this is the case, do you find fault with us not believing you?  If so, why?

Explain to me, why we should simply swallow that nonsense?  If I said to you that I once me the giant pink bunny, would you take me seriously or laugh in my face? 

It's all in your head man.  You've been indoctrinated.  Brainwashed. Bamboozled.  Whatever you want to call it.  You never met God because God isn't real.

I truly wish I had something I can physically show you or logically makes sense, but my God said what I have is enough. What we see and know isn't everything. He told me "I gave my one and only Son to the world, why should I prove anything more"

He didn't give his only son to the world.  If the story is true, then He sent him down for a few years, had a bad few days toward the end, then went home to the greatest place in the universe.   The only way God could have "given his son to the world" as some sort of sacrifice would be if Jesus was either dead or in hell.  Those are you only 2 options for a true sacrifice.  Otherwise, it was nothing. 

Either that, or you are delusional and everything you said here is simply incorrect. 

Somewhat, yes.  Crazy might be a bit harsh of a word for it, though.  Probably more like a cross between incorrect and extremely gullible. 

Who could?  It's human nature to help drowning people.  But did you ever stop to think that maybe it's YOU that's drowning here?  Of course not, right?  You couldn't POSSIBLY be wrong, right?  No, not you. 

The bottom line is that either you are correct, we are correct, or neither of us is correct.  You know nothing of the arguments against your position, yet you proudly come in as if we need "saving" and try to tell us, with NO EVIDENCE AT ALL, that there's an invisible man in the sky who supposedly loves us yet at the same time treats entire swaths of us like shit, and that we are supposed to worship it because... because it says so?   If that's your idea of a helping hand, then you need your head examined. 

That rope you want to toss to the drowning man?  It's attached to a cinder block.  You're not helping people, you're just bringing them dragging them down into the same delusion you've been shackled to. 

You really COULD be wrong here, you know.  And if the entirety of your evidence is... zero... then be honest with yourself and realize that the problem here might really be yours, not ours. 

It's OK to laugh at me, but just think about it, If you were me, wouldn't you be doing the same thing?

That's just the thing though.  We're not drowning!  We're doing better than you!  YOU'RE the one drowning.  You have no CLUE what is going on in this world.  An understanding of the natural world has completely passed you by, and you don't even want to stop and take a look at the things that really CAN be proven.  Just look at some of your posts!  You question things about nature that all have readily available answers, yet you don't bother to look for them.  Why?  Have you lived that sheltered a life?  Don't you care what the truth is?  Don't you ever stop to consider that the people you are talking to here are more than just people who hate God, and that they may really have good reasons to doubt God's existence?  Well we DO have good reasons.  One of them, you readily admit to... that you have no evidence.  Don't feel bad about it though.  There's a few billion Christians out there, plus a billion Muslims, plus a crap load of other religious people... all of whom are part of that same club with you.  They don't have evidence either.

We don't want your help.  In fact, we'd like to help you, but you're never going to be interested in that.  You're too far gone now.  You're trapped in a deep hole and you don't even know where to begin to climb out.  You will live out the rest of your days ignorant to the wonders of the natural universe that exists all around you; cocooned in your own fantasy world where you've created an invisible sky man that watches over you lovingly.  We are free of such nonsense, and you wish to bring us down with you.  No thank you.  You need to be saved from the delusion that you're saved.   
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #366 on: July 19, 2011, 06:57:14 AM »

what exactly does this mean?  Describe it.  Do not use metaphors.  Do not dress it up in poetic language.

I have seen So many God's people give up some or all they have.

How many is "So many"?  And giving up "some" really does not impress me. "Some" anything other than "none". Those are weasel words.

do you think all those people are just religious crazy?

yes.

For us, believing is not an option,

For us either.  I get weary of believers acting as if belief in god is easy as pie or a choice.  "What?  You don't believe in god?  Shuh.  It's obvious god exists.  What are you, some kind of moron?" 

Even when I did believe, I did not find it easy.  And when I became an atheist, it was not by choice. I just realized one day that I did not believe anymore.  I could not make myself go back and believe in god though I tried.   

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #367 on: July 19, 2011, 08:46:27 AM »
  I always like the claim of “someday”.  Why not today, John?  Why not when I was losing my faith and praying to God to help me keep it?  As always, your promises are just as worthless as your bible’s.
I have seen So many God's people give up some or all they have. And gladly become God's servants and do God's work for the rest of their lives, do you think all those people are just religious crazy? There are the ones that saw God's light and the truth. For us, believing is not an option, it is a matter of life and death, for eternity.
just like the Heaven’s Gate people said.  So yes, I also think they are severely deluded.
  No, you weren’t.  You were looking for external validation of your particular beliefs.  You want to preach and have everyone say oooh, John is right!  You are not interested in actually discussing anything, demonstrated by how you have ignored my post in reply to your “prove it” demand.  I’m not surprised about that at all.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
« Reply #368 on: July 19, 2011, 10:13:17 AM »
No, you weren’t.  You were looking for external validation of your particular beliefs.  You want to preach and have everyone say oooh, John is right!  You are not interested in actually discussing anything, demonstrated by how you have ignored my post in reply to your “prove it” demand.  I’m not surprised about that at all.

Also telling was his only response to me was twisting my words. Not a thing about all the examples of why shifting the burden of proof is intellectually dishonest. No logical refutation of my charge of special pleading.
He keeps admitting, through his failure, that he cannot give a good reason to believe in Jahweh.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #369 on: July 19, 2011, 11:22:17 AM »
to velkyn
Like I said I am just a messanger, letting you know what God wants to say to mankind.
And again, I have no physical evidence to show you, my Lord said some will listen some won't to fulfill the Prophecy.
Remember the movie "matrix"?
If you want to know THE TRUTH you have to take at least one pill.
It is you who choose which pill to take. Before you make a decision, you won't know, no one is able to explain.
So are you ready for the truth?
Make a decision now, open your mind, accept Christ as your saviour, believe the word of God.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:32)

I have a feeling this is going to be my last post :'( :'( :'(

TO rest of you brats, "don't even think about posting pill joke", cause I've heard of them enough, it's not even funny anymore.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:25:46 AM by John 3 16 »

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #370 on: July 19, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »
John, planting seeds takes patience, knowledge / ability, and a great deal of care. You haven't planted seeds. What you've done is salted the earth with your selfish, self-centered, egotistical, ignorant blathering. Anything to glorify yourself.

One can have knowledge about how to plant a seed; when, how, and where to do it, or, one can just throw seeds on the ground, piss on them, talk about how awesome they are and how they don't need any of that "education" or "caring" to plant seeds, they'll just do it however they want, whatever leads to more glory for themselves. That has been you, here, for the past week.

That you are unable to comprehend how ridiculous you've behaved, or incapable of evaluating objectively the results of your interactions here, does not make you any less of an example of how disgustingly humans can be made to behave, under the right conditions.

Some might look at your pathetic history here, and feel some sort of pity for you, and your offspring. Some will look at it as an education into religious delusion, but one thing is for sure, no one is going to read your posts and think anything but those two things.

I think I fall into both categories, I am thankful that you can't apprehend the depths of your own base behaviour. I wouldn't wish that humiliation on anyone. Remember, everyone who believes differently than you should be completely ignored, they are all conspiring against you with their "facts" and "science", and you have the one for realsies truth.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #371 on: July 19, 2011, 12:06:03 PM »
to velkyn
  aka, it’s not my fault if I fail again and again. It’s God’s magic plan. Nice seeing you take no responsibility there John, for your continued failure.
Like I said I am just a messanger, letting you know what God wants to say to mankind.
Like so many other Christians. Funny how God gives you all contradictory messages to give to mankind.  And funny hwo God magically agrees with all of you, according to your claims.
And again, I have no physical evidence to show you, my Lord said some will listen some won't to fulfill the Prophecy.
No, that’s not what he said at all. He supposedly said that he will make sure some cannot accept him in order to use them as examples. This is quite the act of your god, making sure that some are intentionally damned through no fault of their own.  So much for a just and fair god. 

It is you who choose which pill to take. Before you make a decision, you won't know, no one is able to explain.
I love it, using the Matrix movies.  I was a Christian before, though I know you are just too happy to commit false witness by trying to say I was not.  I took the pill and not so strangely, the pill was shown to be wrong by reality and by the non-actions of the supposed God behind the pill of Christianity. 

So are you ready for the truth? Make a decision now, open your mind, accept Christ as your saviour, believe the word of God. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:32)
  Golly, John, I’ve prayed and prayed for your god to preserve my faith when I had it.  I have prayed to him to reveal himself to me like Thomas and as to so many other Christians who have claimed now that I’ve lost my faith.  Not surprisingly, I’ve seen nothing of your god.  Why is this, John?  You’ve yet to answer this.  Why does your magic recipe fail continuously, just as your attempts to plant “seeds”?  Could it be that your god doesn’t like you and wants you to fail?  Perhaps God likes me just as I am and indeed approves of it?  Or could it be that your god doesn’t exist at all? 

And one could only hope this is your last post.   

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #372 on: July 19, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »

Speaking of planting, we should plant your butt right into this forum's Emergency Room board for posting such empty drivel.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
« Reply #373 on: July 19, 2011, 12:26:30 PM »
to velkyn
Make a decision now, open your mind, accept Christ as your saviour, believe the word of God.

TO rest of you brats, "don't even think about posting pill joke", cause I've heard of them enough, it's not even funny anymore.

Poetic language does not an argument make, no more than profanity destroys fact. Sweet words are only a measure of politeness, which is one of the best way to sell a falsehood. Look at a cigarette commercial for verification.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #374 on: July 19, 2011, 01:36:32 PM »
to velkyn

Appeal to woo.

So you admit that you have nothing but fancy words.

Yeah.  A bit overhyped, but decent.

Many of use used to be christians.  We took the truth pill.  It led to atheism.

Make a decision now, open your mind,

We did.  We opened our minds to the possibility that no gods exists.

accept Christ as your saviour, believe the word of God.

Been there, done that.

The truth leads to atheism.

*Yawn*  You said this four or five times already.  Either mean it or don't say it at all.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #375 on: July 19, 2011, 01:45:20 PM »

Right, because only you have determined not only that a god exists but the correct informative context of the message that that god wishes to deliver.  There is absolutely nothing dishonest and arrogant about the statement above.

And again, I have no physical evidence to show you

Physicial not required, any evidence at all would suffice.

my Lord said some will listen some won't to fulfill the Prophecy.

Of course, everyone that doesn't confess that jesus hasn't come in the flesh is a liar and an anti-christ.

So let's see:

1. Claim special knowledge that cannot be objectively known.
2. Insist that that special knowledge is true without evidence.
3. Dehumanize other human beings for not believing in that claim, evoking the claim of 'special knowledge' as exactly confirming that people would not believe without evidence.
4. Rinse, repeat.

How do I tell the difference between your religion ( supposedly the true religion ) and a religious cult?
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline LadyLucy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • No one leaves the Nightosphere
« Reply #376 on: July 19, 2011, 05:37:38 PM »
HI lady amorosaluckydulce.
Again, I am sorry for being so rude to you.
I truly wish I had something I can physically show you or logically makes sense, but my God said what I have is enough. What we see and know isn't everything.

Satisfactory enough from a theist. I don't mind your beliefs, keep them. However:

This is not only unsatisfactory, but it's unnecessary. You do not know me. I do not know you. Don't say things like that.

Not every theist is a fundamentalist. However, I have a problem with people like you, who try to force others to try to convert into your religion through excessive preaching, whilst threatening the person with eternal condemnation because they don't hold your belief of something invisible. And by the way, now that you bring up the people that do God's work, how about those people in Africa who are Christians that condemn children for being witches? They are doing God's work.

Don't argue for the people that you disagree with when it comes to "God's work". If your god were real, the world would be uglier.

There are the ones that saw God's light and the truth.

Me being an atheist has NOTHING to do with whether I would save someone. Believe it or not, the meaning of life is whatever you make it out to be. You build your own meaning to your life. I would sacrifice myself for anyone in deep need. I always wish I could help everyone in the world, but unfortunately, people die every day. Does that mean life is meaningless? Again, life is whatever you make it out to be. And no god has to be involved in anybody's life in for their life to be meaningful, unless the person makes it so by thinking it.

It's fine to believe that maybe there's some "greater being" out there, but I am not OK with what you are doing.

To answer your question, back when I was a theist, I would have not done the same thing as you. Instead, me being an open-minded person, I read this site, listened to my atheist boyfriend (now husband), and well, made my own judgement call. Do I want to believe in something that makes no sense other than through my own emotions, or do I stop it by cutting off the emotional attachment? Would it make my life better? It made my life better by knowing that there is no creepy imaginary stalker watching me every day. It's like when I was 6-years old and I thought there were live skeletons in my bedroom.

In other words, you are not "saving" anyone here. You are just annoying by preaching nonsense. If you were willing to discuss, which goes TWO ways, not just one, then things would be just peachy.