Author Topic: Peaceful Response to the Question asked Why Won't God Heal Amputees  (Read 23628 times)

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • Darwins +0/-1,000,000,000
Re: Peaceful Response to the Question asked Why Won't God Heal Amputees
« Reply #174 on: July 11, 2011, 07:43:37 AM »
Jeff. very good example.
I have an example for you too. If you made this highly sophisticated humanoid.
This humanoid loves you and you loved it.
but this humanoid disobeyed you and did something terrible that it needs to be destroyed by some kind of federal law or something.
And you didn't want that to happen so you gave up something that is the most important in you life(you pick it!) and save this humanoid. Happy ending?
But now problem begins, this humanoid will not stop doing this bad things, so you tell him to stop and he says "no. by the way. who are you? telling me what to do? I will do whatever I want to do" and you tell him "I made you and I had to sacrificed my most precious to save you, just to save you"
And he says "oh ya I don't believe it. by the way if your my creator, prove it. I have my buddy humanoid that just lost his toe, you make it regrow, then I will believe you.  So you did it but he still won't believe.
Here are miracles my lord performed about 2000 years ago and people still did't believe.
1. turning water into wine John 2:1
2. many healings luke 1:32
3. Cleansing a Leper Matt 8:1
4. Healing roman centurians slave Matt 8:5
5. Healing Peter's mother in law Matt 8:14
6. Calming the storm Matt 8:23
7:driving out deamons near the tombs Matt 8:28
8. Healing a paralytic Matt 9:1
9. Healing the woman with the issue of blood Matt 9 20
10. Raising Jairus' daughter from dead matt 9 23
11. Healing two blind men Matt 9 27
12. Healing a demon posessed mute man matt 12 10
13. Healing a man with a paralyzed hand matt 12 22
14. feeding the 5000 matt 14 15
15. Walking on water matt 14 22
16. Healing the gentile mother's daughter matt 15 21
17. feeding 4000 matt 15 32
18. healing the epileptic boy matt 17 14
19. cursing the fig tree matt 21 18
20. healing demon poss man in the synagogue mark 1 23
21. healing the deaf mute mark 7:31
22. healing the blind man at Bethesda Mark 8:22
23. healing the blind at Jericho mark 10:46
24. a miraculous catch of fish luke 5:4
25. A widow's son raised to life Luke 7:11
26. Healing a disabled woman Luke 13:11
27. Healing a man with edema Luke 14:1
28. healing 10 lepers Luke 17:1
29. Healing Malchus's ear luke 22:50
30. Healing an officials son John 4:46
31. Healing the lame man at the Bethesda pool Lu 5:1
32. Healing a man born blind John 9:1
33. Raising Lazerus from the dead Luke 11:38
34. A second miraculous catch of fish Luke 21:1
That is a heck a lot of healings. And phrasees still asks for more. So my Lord said 
"A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. (Matthew12:39)
Thank you for reading
Are you a hatheist?  (hey-thee-ist)

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2011, 07:56:34 AM »
What if God doesn't want to heal amputees?
Because it has got nothing to do with His plan such as salvation?

You are missing the point of the question, John. 

There is a certian type of xian who attempts to justify his or her god beliefs by claiming that people are miraculously healed of various afflictions by divine intervention.  The afflictions may include cancer, diabetes, coma, heart conditions, tooth decay, halitosis, spastic colon, etc.  We frequently hear anecdotes about how some church group prayed for some guy and the next day he was completely healed. 

But there are several problems with this kind of reasoning.  First, data shows these types of afflictions sometimes "clear up" without any kind of prayers.  It seems to be a natural response or a misdiagnosis.  Second, people of all religions make the same claims.  And last, there is a whole class of ailments that are never, ever cured by prayer or naturally. 

People never regrow lost limbs.  Lost eyes never regrow in the empty sockets.  Retarded people never gain normal mental capacity. Alzheimers and Dementia sufferers never recover.  Old people never rejuvenate. 

This has clear implications about a god that supposedly heals people.  It leaves you only a few conclusions about such a god.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2011, 08:11:38 AM »
Jeff. very good example.
but this humanoid disobeyed you and did something terrible that it needs to be destroyed by some kind of federal law or something.

Bad analogy John.  In your little story here, I am not responsible for federal law.  I cannot control federal law.  It is beyond me.  Howeven, in the little story in the bible, your god, yhwh is responsible for the law.  If yhwh is an omnimax god[1], then it made the rules.

Also, If I were to make a "person", I would make it so it could not do terrible things.  And I am just a mortal man of limited power.  So the question is, if yhwh, being omnimax, wanted a man to be obedient, why did he not make it so?

Here are miracles my lord performed about 2000 years ago and people still did't believe.

You act as if we are being petulant about it.  Do you believe the Roman emperor Vespasian performed miracles?  How about Mohammed?  Or Sai Baba of ShirdiWiki?  If not, why not? 
 1. omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, etc
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
John 3 16,

JeffPT wrote a post that contained a clear point, and various questions for you.

Does he deserve having his point understood and his questions answered before you go on to your own point?

It looks to me like you either:

1) did not read his post
2) did not understand his point.

Advice: When responding to someone, take the time to first paraphrase her or his points and questions to confirm that you understood what they tried to get across to you. This will save you a lot of time and effort if it is clear you did not undersand what it is they were trying to convey.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2011, 08:18:44 AM »
1. turning water into wine John 2:1

What evidence do you have that this actually happened?

2. many healings luke 1:32

3. Cleansing a Leper Matt 8:1

and so on ...

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2011, 08:35:38 AM »

Bad analogy.  According to scripture, the humanoid disobeyed god and needs to be destroyed by god's own law, not someone else's.

There's also a third option that skeptics will often point out to believers and that believers constantly attempt to rationalize away: if the human race became "broken" after Adam and Eve at the fruit, why didn't this omnipotent, omnibenevolent being just fix what was broken and correct the malfunction so that it wouldn't happen again?  Indeed, why even create the opportunity for the species to break itself in the first place?

[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2011, 09:55:53 AM »
Jeff. very good example.

Bad analogy John.  In your little story here, I am not responsible for federal law.  I cannot control federal law.  It is beyond me.  Howeven, in the little story in the bible, your god, yhwh is responsible for the law.  If yhwh is an omnimax god[1], then it made the rules.

Also, If I were to make a "person", I would make it so it could not do terrible things.  And I am just a mortal man of limited power.  So the question is, if yhwh, being omnimax, wanted a man to be obedient, why did he not make it so?

You act as if we are being petulant about it.  Do you believe the Roman emperor Vespasian performed miracles?  How about Mohammed?  Or Sai Baba of ShirdiWiki?  If not, why not?
 1. omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, etc
I am just servant of my God proclaiming His words.
Some will believe some won't. It is kind sad.
You do not have to believe if you choose not to. History tells people has been searching for hard evidence and proof that God exists or not. However no one really came up with an answer with 100% evidence on either case. Because God created us that way, we were unable and we will never be.
Only through the Words of God and His Holy Spirit. You do not see the wind but you believe it exits.
Because you feel it.
I am sorry for not answering all your questions. but please remember Jesus died for you!.
2000 years ago my Lord said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do. “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. (matthew 11:25-27)
I think my job is finished here.
Thank you for listening.

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2011, 10:09:38 AM »
You do not have to believe if you choose not to. History tells people has been searching for hard evidence and proof that God exists or not. However no one really came up with an answer with 100% evidence on either case.

Funny how an all-powerful being that loves us (but wil torture us forever if we don't follow him) can't or won't demostrate that he exists.  It's just what we would expect if he didn't exist at all.

Because God created us that way, we were unable and we will never be.
Only through the Words of God and His Holy Spirit. You do not see the wind but you believe it exits.
Because you feel it.
I am sorry for not answering all your questions. but please remember Jesus died for you!.
2000 years ago my Lord said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do. “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. (matthew 11:25-27)

Thank you for being such a smug prick!  Seriously, if preaching didn't work before, what makes you think it'll work now?  Oh yeah, you got The TruthTM and your imaginary friend gawh on your side.   &)

Thank you for listening.

That's just another way of saying you're going to avoid the arguments.   Would Jesus approve of that?  By your own worldview, you are abandoning these people to eternal torment because you're unable/unwilling to deal with them.  WWJD?
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
John 3 16,

When you became a member you agreed to a set of rules.  Those rules include not preaching.  By not answering our questions, avoiding our points, and quoting scripture at us, you are preaching.  You indicate that you are done here, which, at this point, is entirely up to you.  However, if it turns out you are going to return, you should stop preaching and be more engaging. 

Regards,
Screwtape

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2011, 11:19:57 AM »
One more Christian coward.  I do love how John did quote one of my favorites which demonstrates that Christians are lying when they claim that anyone can believe. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2011, 11:50:08 AM »
John 3 16,

When you became a member you agreed to a set of rules.  Those rules include not preaching.  By not answering our questions, avoiding our points, and quoting scripture at us, you are preaching.  You indicate that you are done here, which, at this point, is entirely up to you.  However, if it turns out you are going to return, you should stop preaching and be more engaging. 

Regards,
Screwtape

He was actually muted by me, and instructed to read the rules. When he read them, demonstrated he understood what was expected, apologized and committed to not transgress any longer, I unmuted him and he started posting in this thread.

We'll know them by their fruits, I guess. Dishonest, disrespectful, ignorant, self-righteous; I can't think of any further way this guy could have so embrassed himself.

Why do some theist show up, promptly piss all over their own god to glorify themselves, then disingenously cop-out? 
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +194/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2011, 02:59:50 PM »
Jeff. very good example.

Thank you for the compliment.  Care to answer my questions? 

And you didn't want that to happen so you gave up something that is the most important in you life(you pick it!) and save this humanoid. Happy ending?
But now problem begins, this humanoid will not stop doing this bad things, so you tell him to stop and he says "no. by the way. who are you? telling me what to do? I will do whatever I want to do" and you tell him "I made you and I had to sacrificed my most precious to save you, just to save you"
And he says "oh ya I don't believe it. by the way if your my creator, prove it. I have my buddy humanoid that just lost his toe, you make it regrow, then I will believe you.  So you did it but he still won't believe.

Let me just sum this up by saying this... If you think, for one second, I would have done things similarly to the way your God supposedly did them in this little speech here, then you are out of your freaking mind.   There are so many problems with this example that I don't even know where to start. 

Snip for brevity.

You forget, I don't think the bible is true.  BUT you're in luck!  If you can prove, (solid evidence here) with an outside source, that Jesus actually did ANY of the miracles you say here, then you will have a captive audience, and I will take you seriously.  Otherwise, it's leprechauns and blue sky and I have no reason to believe a word of it.  And neither should you.  In fact, you should be embarrassed by it.

There have been many religions throughout history that hinge their beliefs on so called miracles.  Take heart in knowing that I don't believe them either.  But do you?  And if you don't, ask yourself why that is.  When you answer that question, please know that I apply that same standard to those of YOUR religion.  Can you do the same? 

It is quite possible that you are a servant of a fictitious, mythological being.  If you think that is so outlandishly silly, then I ask you to ponder this...  Throughout history, millions and billions of people have believed in gods that were different than yours.  If you are right, then that makes ALLLLLL of those people wrong, and also makes THEM servants of fictitious, mythological beings.  In other words, believing in fictitious, mythological beings is done ALL the time, and has been done for thousands of years.  Now, either you personally have stumbled onto the actual truth of the universe, or you personally are doing exactly what millions and billions of people have done before you.  Does it seem outlandishly silly now?   I didn't think so. 

Actually, if I'm wrong, at least I can say I was being honest with myself.  If you're wrong, then you've lived your life in pursuit of something that is nothing more than 2000 years of horse shit.  That would be WAY more sad.   

You do not have to believe if you choose not to. History tells people has been searching for hard evidence and proof that God exists or not. However no one really came up with an answer with 100% evidence on either case.

You can't prove something DOESN'T exist, but you can prove that something DOES exist.  The fact that you haven't come up with hard evidence is your problem. 

You do not see the wind but you believe it exits.  Because you feel it.

Yes, and we can test it, and verify it, and speak intelligently on it.  None of which you can do with God. 

/gigglesnort.  No dude.  He didn't. That's a whole different argument.  If the story was true (which it's not), then Jesus never died.  He just had a bad day or so, then changed his home address from earth to heaven.  No sacrifice at all. 

Never happened.

Thank you for listening.

When danger reared it's ugly head, Sir Robin bravely turned and fled!
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2011, 06:58:38 PM »
Water on the ground, JeffPT. I am very sorry to say. The coward isn't returning.

Goddamn the force is strong with you, though. Don't ever leave.

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +194/-0
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2011, 08:36:33 PM »
He was low hanging fruit.  I think everyone knew that.  But it's still pretty fun. 

Thanks for the kind words though, AP.  :) 
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2011, 09:55:20 PM »
Water on the ground, JeffPT. I am very sorry to say. The coward isn't returning.

Goddamn the force is strong with you, though. Don't ever leave.
Sounds like you want me back. Huh pony?

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2011, 09:58:43 PM »
He was low hanging fruit.  I think everyone knew that.  But it's still pretty fun. 

Thanks for the kind words though, AP.  :)
Where is you anger coming from?
Are you sensing your eternal comdemnation?
You can be angry all you want but the truth will not change "God does not have to heal amputees" and "He does not want to answer your questions"
Because he is mad at you :) :) :) :)

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2011, 10:10:46 PM »
John 3 16

Would you be so good as to fill your pockets with some salt, fennel seeds, black pepper, nutmeg, fresh parsley and a bit of garlic?
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +194/-0
« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2011, 10:15:22 PM »

Where did you see anger?  I was basically alluding to the fact that you had nothing new, original or insightful to say here. That's what I meant by low hanging fruit.  You are nowhere near the intellectual equal of someone like Truth OT, or some of the other theists we've had in the past.  While they are still wrong in believing in God, they do a way better job of arguing their points.  It's not anger, I just wanted more of a challenge.  I'm sorry if you find that offensive, but after being around this website almost... what... 2 years now, I think of people like you as being a little unworthy of responding to, but I let myself get sucked in anyway.  It's not personal, you're just not good at defending your position, and when things got rough, you ran. It happens all the time.  /shrug. 

I know that probably comes off as arrogant and egotistical, but it's simply the truth; and I think everyone here who's been here a while probably knows it.  You're a person, with opinions and feelings, and in that I respect you and your right to your opinions and feelings, but your arguments were awful.  That's where the "low hanging fruit" comment comes from.  You don't belong on a site like this. 

You can be angry all you want but the truth will not change "God does not have to heal amputees" and "He does not want to answer your questions"

I rest my case. 

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2011, 10:17:30 PM »
John 3 16

Would you be so good as to fill your pockets with some salt, fennel seeds, black pepper, nutmeg, fresh parsley and a bit of garlic?
I don't know how about you ? Devil

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2011, 10:19:21 PM »

Where did you see anger?  I was basically alluding to the fact that you had nothing new, original or insightful to say here. That's what I meant by low hanging fruit.  You are nowhere near the intellectual equal of someone like Truth OT, or some of the other theists we've had in the past.  While they are still wrong in believing in God, they do a way better job of arguing their points.  It's not anger, I just wanted more of a challenge.  I'm sorry if you find that offensive, but after being around this website almost... what... 2 years now, I think of people like you as being a little unworthy of responding to, but I let myself get sucked in anyway.  It's not personal, you're just not good at defending your position, and when things got rough, you ran. It happens all the time.  /shrug. 

I know that probably comes off as arrogant and egotistical, but it's simply the truth; and I think everyone here who's been here a while probably knows it.  You're a person, with opinions and feelings, and in that I respect you and your right to your opinions and feelings, but your arguments were awful.  That's where the "low hanging fruit" comment comes from.  You don't belong on a site like this. 

I rest my case.
ok

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +256/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2011, 10:56:34 PM »
Well, My anger is a response to your preaching and your rudeness.

What eternal condemnation?  We all die, and all the available evidence indicates that no one comes back to life.  There is no condemnation in the grave.

(Springy G glances into the corner where She keeps Her Clue-By-Four™ but leaves it sitting there, because Biblegod didn't bother showing up the last time She challenged it to a fight for all the marbles)

If your imaginary friend is mad at Me, kindly tell it to come deal with Me right now.  Shall we say... Sometime before midnight tonight, Central Daylight Time?

Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2011, 11:36:20 PM »
Well, My anger is a response to your preaching and your rudeness.

What eternal condemnation?  We all die, and all the available evidence indicates that no one comes back to life.  There is no condemnation in the grave.That's what you want to believe.
Enjoy you freedom. while you have it.

(Springy G glances into the corner where She keeps Her Clue-By-Four™ but leaves it sitting there, because Biblegod didn't bother showing up the last time She challenged it to a fight for all the marbles)

If your imaginary friend is mad at Me, kindly tell it to come deal with Me right now.  Shall we say... Sometime before midnight tonight, Central Daylight Time?

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2011, 11:39:33 PM »
Well astro. There is no condemnation in the grave. You got that right!
just wait until you wake up. surprise is waiting for you ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2011, 11:48:12 PM »
John 3 16, would you be willing to answer a few questions?

First; in your own words, could you define the term "atheist"?  What do you think it means to be an atheist?

Do you think atheists are "angry" at god?  If so, for what reason(s)?

Do you think atheists "know in their hearts" that god exists?  If so, why would they deny this?  If you think it is related to anger, why would denial be the usual course of action?

Do you honestly think that by quoting the bible, that it will strike a nerve in the heart of those atheists?  If so, to what effect?

After you get those, I'd like to ask a few more questions.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2011, 11:55:16 PM »
^^^ I can't hate an imaginary God any more than Christians can hate Zuess or Mercury,,,,,,because as a Christian views these gods imaginary,I view their god the same way.

The morons who speak for their imaginary friend are an entirely differnt matter.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +256/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2011, 12:17:20 AM »
Well astro. There is no condemnation in the grave. You got that right!
just wait until you wake up. surprise is waiting for you ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You are truly a sick person, John.  You actually smile at the thought of your pretend god punishing Me for Eternity.

You are all the reason I will ever need to reject Christianity.

(By the way, Biblegod is again a no-show.  I'm beginning to think it doesn't exist, or something.  ;D  I guess this means I get to keep the Universe for another week.)

Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2011, 01:11:19 AM »
I am sorry Astro you are just a little girl after all.
My smiling faces were to cover my anger. look at those people calling me low hanging fruit, prick, coward......
just proclaiming my God's word. You don't know me.
I don't want to be anybody's enemy except "the Devil"
So please calm down. Your mama's worried about you.

You.too Pony

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2011, 01:15:06 AM »
^^^ I can't hate an imaginary God any more than Christians can hate Zuess or Mercury,,,,,,because as a Christian views these gods imaginary,I view their god the same way.

The morons who speak for their imaginary friend are an entirely differnt matter.
you too monkey.
watch your mouth. who you calling morons
Kid like you making this forum bunch of highschool kids picking on one person and feel proud of yourself.
you proud? Your mama proud of you?

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2011, 01:16:25 AM »
John 3 16, could you please respond to post 197?

Thanks.