Author Topic: Peaceful Response to the Question asked Why Won't God Heal Amputees  (Read 24718 times)

Offline laxbro

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-11
Re: Peaceful Response to the Question asked Why Won't God Heal Amputees
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2010, 05:53:30 PM »
Quote from: modbreak
unnecessary quotes removed  -020

more excuses and of course you won't take us up on the offer. That would open you up for actually having to discuss something and not whining how much of a "minority" you are.  Sorry, again, that hasn't been a problem before.  You before said that you can discuss the scientific evidences for god but the forum wasn't good for that, and now you say that you *have* to go beyond science.  Which is it?  Or is it anything you can think of so you don't have to actually defend your baseless claims?

I was writing something up to explain my beliefs in a summary of full, but haven't finished it cause I'm studying for finals and not sure whether it would even be beneficial to post it anyway.

I'm sorry for "whining" as you called it. Cause one post saying I'm a minority in this forum is clearly whining. You have the choice not to read anything I post.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 06:46:46 PM by Moderator_020 »
Cynicism blinds people but cynicism is so prevalent in society today.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2010, 06:03:19 PM »
LAX what are youu in school for? quit and pray if god works for you it will all get figured out in the end. Why seek any education at all,with god on your side you can't fail what you do in life.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline GamerGirl

• Reader
  • Darwins +11/-1
  • aka Lillium
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2010, 06:27:07 PM »
^ Hey, Christians (or any other religious believer) should be encouraged to go to school[1].  Not discouraged.  College was an essential part of me calling myself "theist" rather than "Christian". 

1. (I imagine he meant studying for college finals)

Offline Operator_020

• Graduate
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2010, 06:48:44 PM »
Everyone,

If we could all please cut down on the nested quoting, I would very much appreciate it, as would your fellow forum members.

Happy posting
Former Moderator Account

Offline luisveras

• Freshman
  • Darwins +7/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »
Moderator, when you say "nested quoting" do you mean any quoting at all, or are you talking about 2nd and 3rd level quoting? (Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new around here)

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2010, 04:09:08 AM »
Moderator, when you say "nested quoting" do you mean any quoting at all, or are you talking about 2nd and 3rd level quoting? (Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new around here)

I believe he/she/it/not-sure-but-will-not-conform-to-your-sterotypes means 2nd to 3rd level quoting which just clutters up the page.  Sort of quoting a whole essay's worth of a post simple to respond to one point.

--J.D.

Offline Operator_020

• Graduate
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2010, 08:43:14 AM »
Hi luisveras,

It is not a dumb question.  2nd and 3rd level quoting is exactly what I mean.  If you would just quote the part that is pertinent to your reply, it makes reading posts easier.  Have you read the quoting FAQ?

I believe he/she/it/not-sure-but-will-not-conform-to-your-sterotypes

See right below Karma?  It says "Gender".  Mine is a circle with an arrow pointing up.  It symbolizes my big, fat, erect... spear.  The circle symbolizes a shield.  Together they represent Mars, the god of war and thus, masculinity.  020 is a man, baby. 

Happy posting
Former Moderator Account

Offline gonegolfing

• Reader
  • Darwins +23/-2
  • God ?...Don't even get me started !
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2010, 09:25:32 AM »
This thread needs a musical interlude with evidence to back up Positiveaob

Quote from: modbreak
No, it really doesn't.  Though I do love SRV, please let's keep the conversation on topic.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:18:55 AM by Moderator_020 »
"I believe that there is no God. I'm beyond atheism"....Penn Jillette.

Offline Doctor X

« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2010, 09:37:38 AM »
See right below Karma?  It says "Gender".  Mine is a circle with an arrow pointing up.  It symbolizes my big, fat, erect... spear.  The circle symbolizes a shield.  Together they represent Mars, the god of war and thus, masculinity.  020 is a man, baby.

Then explain all of the taffeta. . .

--J.D.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2010, 06:56:36 PM »
Laxbro, I considered myself a christian for many years.  I picked the parts of the bible I believed and picked what I didn’t.  That is blaspheme to atheists – also known as SPAG – self projection as god, where you choose the “parts“ of god you believe in.
   I’m going to blather on here, so put me on ignore if you want.

Over the years, I realized  the god I believed in got smaller and smaller.  For example, I went through a long period where ‘”everyone got saved.”  I couldn’t imagine the god I had constructed not excusing someone at the bitter end (death) and saying, oh go ahead, you only killed 10 men or 10 women, and you’ve truly changed, and blah blah blah, and heaven got more and more  crowded, and heaven -? – what the hell is heaven anyway, a place where all good spirits go to spend a blissfull eternity with god ? – I had rejected that idea long ago.  I had also early on rejected the idea that any sort of resurrection took place, putting the importance of that belief beside born again BS, or god against homosexuality, or abortion, or any of a long list of baggage that fundamentalists of all degrees heap upon people.  For a long time my christianity had few of the core beliefs that christians would say are “required.”

Enter Osama and the Taliban, spreading their we are right- join us- happy god views from the fiery cockpits of jet liners.  So I found THIS website where it suddenly seemed obvious that the shiites ,and the sunnis, and the 34,000 denominations of christianity, the jews, the satan worshippers, (funny that  MS Word  automatically capitalizes satan), the Romans, the Greeks, Hindus, etc. all are probably wrong – there is no god, never was.

The more you think about it, the fact that we exist without a “god,” is a pretty cool random experiment this planet is putting on, although as important as we think we are, we’re not.
So, above all, have fun, eat a lot of fruit - and be kinder to people than they deserve.  Atheists here just want people to critically think before they except all the nonsense that millions with opposing views are all so sure of.
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline jdcpe17

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »
Actually, miracles still happen. Ill tell you how to have your prayers answered at the bottom of my response.

Man's voice is cured on live audio  http://jeffleake.typepad.com/the_launchpad/2011/04/the-duane-miller-recording.html

That was someone I do not know. Things have happened to me personally - none of which do I expect you to believe, but I will detail a few below:
Working for my first company out of electrical engineering undergrad, I was asked for help with a harddrive (hdd) that had just died. Apparently the office manage had put alot of important info on it and never backed it up. He came to me and asked if I could help, he said he and one other computer tech already tried everything they knew and couldnt do it. I told him if they couldnt then I doubt there was anything i could do. I popped it into my computer desktop and turned it on. The hdd was not spinning up. I tried a few things but still nothing, shut it down and started up the computer a few more times, still nothing. i told him sorry. so he and the two other people left my desk. the hdd was still there. i prayed to God something like "God this hdd really means next to nothing to me, but if you would somehow make it work, then Ill tell everyone that I prayed to you and you made it work. " So after that, i start up the computer, and honestly to my surprise, it started working fine. I dumped all the data from it to the network for backup. Turned it off, turned it back on and it still worked. I turned it off again and went to his office. He wasnt there. I went to the company presidents office, he and all the vice pres were in there with the pres talking about things. I told them that i had just dumped the data for them. they were all silent and then the office manager asked well how did you do it. i told them all, i didnt do anything, I prayed to God, and it suddenly started working. they all looked at me like i was crazy. but that is what happend. that was in 2002.

One night i was watching my brothers wrestling match. they happened to not be wrestling this second, so i was just sitting there with my parents watching a different match. then i get this really wierd feeling to "just have faith" over and over i have that feeling. im not hearing words, but that is what is running through my mind. i have no idea why. and it was a total crazy feeling. this match im watching is surprisingly at the end of the match. i must have missed something because i thought it had jsut started. so anyways im watching this guy on the right do a quick single leg takedown to the guy on the left. he gets on his back and gets 2 points. the buzzer goes off and he wins. then i have no idea what happend but im suddenly watching this match right where i left off, in the first few seconds of the first part of it like no time had elapsed. im floored. i look at my dad and tell him i just saw this match, the guy on the right wins with a single leg takedown. that crazy feeling of "just have faith" keeps pooring over me. i sit there unable to think about anything else, watching the entire match. about 10 seconds til the end but the match is tied. this didnt look like it was going to end like i thought. then the guy on the left does a double leg takedown to the guy on the right. the crowd cheers but the ref calls out of bounds/clock stop. the crowd boos. the guys get back on their feet and the ref starts them again, and then the guy on the right does a single leg just as i had seen, gets his two points, and wins, all as i had just seen about 5 minutes earlier. i had been praying to god all that week for just a simple peek at what the bible prophets went through. i guess it was something like that. my dad looked at me kinda surprised but said nothing.

on one of our very long trips cross country by car to see my grandparents, i was bored and pondering the universe. i was about 12. i thought to myself if there is a God, why hasnt he introduced himself? So I prayed something like "God, I think you are real but You never talk to me. I worry that I may be wrong about the bible. If You are real, if You created all that there is and ever was and ever will be, all powerful, everywhere at once, all knowing, "I AM", then would you please just say hi to me, this simple little kid. Please God, just say hi. Then when the other kids at school bother me about why I believe, I can tell them that you said Hi to me." I opened my eyes. I listened hard. Nothing. Then i noticed, looking out the window in the distance, there was this giant Paul Bunyan statue that had a cloud over it like in the cartoons for it to "say" things. This time it simply said "Hello". I had see that thing as we drove by at least on three other occasions and 5 other occaisions since thing, it always had something like "$5.00 for all you can eat". It never said "Hello". Except this one time. This one time when the creator of all, all powerful, everywhere, all knowing, said "Hi" to me.

many things have happened. these are just a few. The secret to prayer that oddly few people know, is that  it must be selfiess and for the Gl;ory of God. if what you want to happen is for your personal gain, then likely the prayer will not be answered. its as simple as that. Everything you do, do it for the glory of God.

Hey guys!  I just stumbled upon this forum and this thread was the first one I looked up.  I haven't had time to dive too deep into these types of discussions but first may I ask what the definition of an amputee is?

According to Luke 22, verses 49-53, Jesus heals a man who had his ear cut off by one of His own disciples.

Yes many miracles happen in the Bible. Miracles that if they happened today would be proof that magic, including the possibility of divine intervention, was a real force in the world.

Similarly the Quaran has similar claims, as does the Iliad, as does the Books of the Dead, as does the Arthurian Legends, as does Aesop's Fables, and Grimm's Faerie Tales.

However, none of these unambiguous miracles occur in an age where people can check on wether or not they actually happened. Magic seems conspicuously absent in the presence of TV cameras; Divine intervention shies aways from being scientifically tested.

So just because it happened in a book isn't a convincing argument. WWGHA is a shorthand way of asking, since people purport God to do wondrous things even in the here and now and we are to bow are heads in praise for these blessings...why does the unambiguous miracle no longer occur? Specifically, in all the hospitals, in all the world, in the past 100 years, has not one amputee been healed through prayer? Why didn't Manna not fallen from heaven for the Jews starving to death in concentration camps? Why couldn't a Minister raise his hand and calmed the storm before the Tsunami near Sumatra? Why couldn't a priest part the waters in New Orleans during Katrina?

The conclusion is obvious, the stories of magic in the past are made up. Thus we need to treat those stories as unreliable sources of information. If they are unreliable on such tangible this such as 40 years of Wandering in a tiny desert...how much more unreliable are they when claiming things that cannot even be detected, like an afterlife?
I see it as my job to let you know that I may need psychological help.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2011, 03:52:42 PM »
Hey jdcpe17, personal experience is a factor eh?

Is this yours? http://medskobook.onlinewebshop.net/

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +862/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »
Tiptoeing in risking the charge of reviving dead threads....but if someone is reading this:

A malfunctioning computer starts working. A sign on a restaurant has "hello" on it. A wrestler wins a match. The examples you give of "miracles" are certainly within the realm of normal possibility and easily explained. Not to mention trivial and only of interest to you alone or at most a few people. 

However, suppose these events really were miracles. How do you know who was responsible? Could be Zeus, Ishtar, Satan, Yoda, Dumbledore, Santa or any other magical figure. If you believe in one, why not all the others?

And the secret of getting prayers answered seems highly bogus. Why are you so special as to merit personal attention from god, when people who are really in trouble don't get any magical sh!t when they pray? Don't you think millions of people have prayed very sincerely for a child with a severed spinal cord to be able to walk or for a friend with brain damage to be cured? For the plane, train, bus or car to not have crashed. And it does not happen.

You must only ask for something that is not really magical, important or hard to do-- and make sure it is something that could happen anyway without god's help. Pray for a good parking space or to find your keys or to get a big raise. Pray for your team to win the pennant or for that certain person to ask you to the prom. God, Satan, Santa or Ishtar might just grant your wish. Or not.

But people who pray for world peace, to save all children suffering from starvation or for a cure for cancer should expect nothing. They are just being selfish, and no doubt aren't praying the right way. So eff 'em... &)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • Darwins +0/-1,000,000,000
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2011, 08:34:16 PM »
:)why won't God heal amputees?
If you ask, let me ask, why should He.  Why should God answer your prayers? Do you believe everything that is written in the bible?
In Matthew 12:39 Jesus said "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it. Except sign of the prophet Jonah"  (Jesus was crucified and resurrected in 3 days)
Just close your eyes and think about this verse.  What do you think?
I want to tell every one of you that Jesus died for us to save us, just believe and be saved!
Please don't face God's horrible judgement. You won't be excused even if you say "I did not believe because God did not heal amputees"
I am telling you again "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
In Christ there is no condemnation.
Are you a hatheist?  (hey-thee-ist)

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2011, 08:50:51 PM »
Very disrespectful. Who raised you?

You agreed to abide by forum rules when you signed up, then make your first post a direct violation of that agreement?   

You will show respect to other adults, and you will demonstrate some integrity and honesty. If you can't bring yourself to this behaviour on your own, your warning level will increase up to a point where another adult will have to screen your posts to make sure you comport yourself with a minimum degree of integrity.

You can inititiate a recovery by citing the rule you broke, and apologizing for the error.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »
And what's with all the necromancy lately...damn summer vacation and hell breaks loose around here.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +662/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2011, 08:06:52 AM »
Hi jdcpe17

I am a moderator and I am here to help you.

I see you mentioned in another thread you are having trouble keeping up.  I recommend you stop posting in multiple threads.  Stick with one conversation at a time.  That way when you feel overwhelmed we will be more likely to be sympathetic.   

Follow these links for additional information:
Quoting FAQ and Users Guide
Forum Rules

Regards,
Screwtape

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:08:17 AM by Ambassador Pony »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline jdcpe17

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2011, 09:37:43 AM »
you missed it. what you pray for should not be for your earthly gain, it should always be in some way for the glory of God. if it is not, then it may not happen. keep that in mind, now read your own response.

Tiptoeing in risking the charge of reviving dead threads....but if someone is reading this:

A malfunctioning computer starts working. A sign on a restaurant has "hello" on it. A wrestler wins a match. The examples you give of "miracles" are certainly within the realm of normal possibility and easily explained. Not to mention trivial and only of interest to you alone or at most a few people. 

However, suppose these events really were miracles. How do you know who was responsible? Could be Zeus, Ishtar, Satan, Yoda, Dumbledore, Santa or any other magical figure. If you believe in one, why not all the others?

And the secret of getting prayers answered seems highly bogus. Why are you so special as to merit personal attention from god, when people who are really in trouble don't get any magical sh!t when they pray? Don't you think millions of people have prayed very sincerely for a child with a severed spinal cord to be able to walk or for a friend with brain damage to be cured? For the plane, train, bus or car to not have crashed. And it does not happen.

You must only ask for something that is not really magical, important or hard to do-- and make sure it is something that could happen anyway without god's help. Pray for a good parking space or to find your keys or to get a big raise. Pray for your team to win the pennant or for that certain person to ask you to the prom. God, Satan, Santa or Ishtar might just grant your wish. Or not.

But people who pray for world peace, to save all children suffering from starvation or for a cure for cancer should expect nothing. They are just being selfish, and no doubt aren't praying the right way. So eff 'em... &)

Offline jdcpe17

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2011, 09:39:35 AM »
i had posted in this thread before anyone posted in the other thread. ive only posted in 2 threads thus far.

Hi jdcpe17

I am a moderator and I am here to help you.

I see you mentioned in another thread you are having trouble keeping up.  I recommend you stop posting in multiple threads.  Stick with one conversation at a time.  That way when you feel overwhelmed we will be more likely to be sympathetic.   

Follow these links for additional information:
Quoting FAQ and Users Guide
Forum Rules

Regards,
Screwtape

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +662/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2011, 09:43:19 AM »
jdcpe17

You are not in trouble, so there is no need to explain yourself.  I am only giving you advice to help.  You are free to follow the advice or not. 

Regards,
Screwtape
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +270/-31
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2011, 09:45:03 AM »
you missed it. what you pray for should not be for your earthly gain, it should always be in some way for the glory of God. if it is not, then it may not happen. keep that in mind, now read your own response.

How are the 'miracles' you mentioned in your original posts not instances of earthly gain?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline jdcpe17

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2011, 09:47:31 AM »
1) I am not talking about any other God besides Jesus. When I prayed, I prayed to Jesus and I said Jesus when I was praying.

2) I am not a catholic. I do not pray to dead people. Jesus was seen and heard by hundreds after He died.

3) Since I know who I am praying too, all other possible Gods are excluded.

4) I am not so special at all. I am just like you. You are just like me. I have selfishly prayed for things for me. Those were not answered. When I prayed for things to happen to Glorify God, then those things did happen.

Offline jdcpe17

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2011, 09:51:15 AM »

How are the 'miracles' you mentioned in your original posts not instances of earthly gain?

Two of them I gained nothing earthly, but a deeper understanding of and relationship with God. No one here on earth could care. My bank account has not grown larger because of it.

The other one is kind of iffy, except that, I was able to make it known to MANY people what happend and why. the earthly gain is there for the company i work for, but in reality, work or not, my pay check stayed the same. And either way, ultimately it is up to the "Will of God" anyways. I was just simply giving personal examples of prayers heard and miracles that have occured. Again, you do not have to belive me. These things did happen as I said they did though.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2011, 09:54:31 AM »

Offline jdcpe17

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2011, 10:55:06 AM »

Yea actually i remember it now. its been a long time.  probably not the best thing ive done with my time. probably not the worst thing ive done with my time either.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:30:59 AM by jdcpe17 »

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2011, 12:29:09 PM »
  We see all through the OT and NT prayers for “earthly gain”; prayers for winning battles, prayers for healing, etc.  So unless you want to claim that those folks in the OT and NT weren’t praying right and that God really didn’t answer them like the bible claims he did, you are stuck.  I’m sure you’ll try to redefine “earthly gain” now. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +662/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2011, 12:29:19 PM »
Jesus was seen and heard by hundreds after He died.

Those are the allegations.  However, we have no conclusive evidence that this was the case.

Is it possible you were just ringing a phone, as it were, and another god picked up while the one you hoped to call was either out for a bite or was just a name written on a bathroom wall?

I am not so special at all. I am just like you. You are just like me.

You must be special.  You cannot be just like me. I have never had the omnipotent deity that created all Being grant my wishes.

The other one is kind of iffy, except that, I was able to make it known to MANY people what happend and why.

Ah, but could that not be said of any miracle?  In fact, that was the very reason jesus H did miracles[1] - to make people believe.  So if jesus H doing miracles to help people believe is okay and yhwh doing miracles for you or your loved ones to help people believe is okay, why not doing miracles for me when I needed one to believe?  That is the crux of the point of the question "why won't god heal amputees".  Your god does not appear to be consistent in his miracles, or he is completely consistent in ways that can only lead to certain conclusions.

He seems to randomly help you and many other xians in the US in incredibly trivial ways. But for starving african children, his miracles dry up every single time.  He helps people with ambiguous ailments.  But he never, ever regenerates a limb, makes a person younger, or restores mental faculties to alzheimers victims or the retared.  There are limited conclusions to come to that explain this.

These things did happen as I said they did though.

Is it possible that things did happen, but not for the reasons you think?
 1. allegedly
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline jdcpe17

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2011, 12:40:58 PM »
Jesus was seen and heard by hundreds after He died.

Those are the allegations.  However, we have no conclusive evidence that this was the case.

Is it possible you were just ringing a phone, as it were, and another god picked up while the one you hoped to call was either out for a bite or was just a name written on a bathroom wall?

I am not so special at all. I am just like you. You are just like me.

You must be special.  You cannot be just like me. I have never had the omnipotent deity that created all Being grant my wishes.

The other one is kind of iffy, except that, I was able to make it known to MANY people what happend and why.

Ah, but could that not be said of any miracle?  In fact, that was the very reason jesus H did miracles[1] - to make people believe.  So if jesus H doing miracles to help people believe is okay and yhwh doing miracles for you or your loved ones to help people believe is okay, why not doing miracles for me when I needed one to believe?  That is the crux of the point of the question "why won't god heal amputees".  Your god does not appear to be consistent in his miracles, or he is completely consistent in ways that can only lead to certain conclusions.

He seems to randomly help you and many other xians in the US in incredibly trivial ways. But for starving african children, his miracles dry up every single time.  He helps people with ambiguous ailments.  But he never, ever regenerates a limb, makes a person younger, or restores mental faculties to alzheimers victims or the retared.  There are limited conclusions to come to that explain this.

These things did happen as I said they did though.

Is it possible that things did happen, but not for the reasons you think?
 1. allegedly

if the phone was ringing and God X created a copied cell phone sim card and stuck it in his phone to pick up on my call to God Y, then... well... we are are talking about a pluarality of Gods. who knows, maybe that is the case. But assuming the Bible is true, then there is only one God. not a bunch of other gods running around trying to do things for some other god that doesnt exist, in that gods name that doesnt exist, for the glory of only the non-existant god.

"allegedly" hahah... looking at your "[1]" ref point haha... ok sorry. i just thought that was funny.
a hem... um... so to answer your questions...

Is there anything that I may be so humble as to say a prayer for you? If it happens you must promise to post on here. No wait. that would be basically a test of God. Ok. Post on here or not, can I say a prayer for you? Tell me about your life.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2011, 01:20:31 PM »

Yea actually i remember it now. its been a long time.  probably not the best thing ive done with my time. probably not the worst thing ive done with my time either.

Ok. So you acted in, produced, and sold pornography online. Clears up the personal experience stuff for me. Thanks.