Author Topic: Bible Contradiction Graph  (Read 17606 times)

Offline harbinger77

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-15
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Bible Contradiction Graph
« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2013, 02:45:00 AM »
So, are you actually going to answer anyone's questions and rebuttals or are you just going to continue to ignore them?

-Nam

what questions and rebuttals have I left un addressed? The only one I saw was attributing anything to God, such as changed minds is preaching. I was unaware of this. I'll try to refrain in the future.
I can't help but look at those pages (human genome) and have a vague sense that this is giving me a glimpse of God's mind.
-Francis Collins lead scientist Human Genome project

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-76
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2013, 02:49:49 AM »
I've decided that you're a liar when you said you were "educated" because I know 5 year olds who can work a quote function. Until you do, there's no point in discussing anything with you because you're obviously an idiot.

-Nam

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2013, 03:25:19 AM »
meanwhile I'm reading about c-14 and N-14. It's even something to the effect of defending c-14 testing to a creationist. I'm refreshing myself as I was asked. "looking into where I went wrong." I was wrong by the way. the clam was dead no more than a day. yet c-14 gave it 1600 years of age.

Has this been addressed yet?
If not, this is called the reservoir effect.
Plants are excelent for carbon dating purposes, as they get the carbon their bodies are made off straight from the air, with the well know ratio of regular C vs C isotopes. Herbivores are still pretty good, as they get their carbon from the plants with only a small delay. Carnivores (and aspecially carrion feeders) are quite bad, as their C might have been going around and around for decades before ending up in their bodies.
The absolute worst animals to carbondate are those that can feed off of dead plant material. Like slugs that eat turf. The plants making up the turf died centuries or even millennia before. So, what age will you get from these slugs? The age of the material they eat. And so, yes, this animal will read centuries or millennia older than it actually is.
This is a known problem and scientists know to watch out for it.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +643/-3
  • Entropy isn’t what it used to be
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2013, 11:49:34 PM »
Drats. I was hoping that Harbinger wasn't one of those theists that would roll over and pay dead when confronted with information.

I'm so naïve.
Never trust an atom. They make up everything!

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-76
« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2013, 11:51:13 PM »
Drats. I was hoping that Harbinger wasn't one of those theists that would roll over and pay dead when confronted with information.

I'm so naïve.

(pats head) It's okay. There, there.

-Nam

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +643/-3
« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2013, 12:38:04 AM »

I'm so naïve.

-Nam

Why am I not surprised that Nam is the most sensitive person here?

&)

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-76
« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2013, 12:45:24 AM »

I'm so naïve.

-Nam

Why am I not surprised that Nam is the most sensitive person here?

&)

Which is ironic since I'm indifferent to...well, almost everything and everyone.

;)

-Nam

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #210 on: December 03, 2013, 05:38:26 PM »
Sorry I'm  educated. Even well studied.

If you were "educated", you'd first know to come in with evidence...

This one thing is compelling evidence that harbinger is neither educated nor "well studied".
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +238/-6
« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2013, 11:44:10 PM »

Neither of which preclude "delusional"

Okay Mr Educated and well studied;

If you have evidence, credible objective evidence present it.

This is my three part challange:

(1)Define God. Do not use weasel words or circular definitions.
(2)Prove that that definition is not a logical paradox
(3)Show proof that differs from the other ten thousand dieties man
has worshipped, again without committing a logical error

Until you do those three things....your worship of that deity is the intellectual equivalent a gibbering tribal primitive bowing before their god, UGABUGA.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline harbinger77

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #212 on: December 10, 2013, 10:07:28 AM »

I'm so naïve.

Who said I'm done? There are many interesting threads on this site. Forgive me if I become preoccupied with another topic.
I can't help but look at those pages (human genome) and have a vague sense that this is giving me a glimpse of God's mind.

Offline harbinger77

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #213 on: December 10, 2013, 11:18:07 AM »

Until you do those three things....your worship of that deity is the intellectual equivalent a gibbering tribal primitive bowing before their god, UGABUGA.

Offline harbinger77

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #214 on: December 10, 2013, 11:20:47 AM »

Weasel words? As that may denote opinion, could you define or provide example of "weasel words" please?

Circular reasoning. The date of these rocks is x BECAUSE of the type of fossils in them. Also the date of the fossils is X BECAUSE of the type of rock they are in. you can't use something with an undetermined age to determine the age of the other item with the same undetermined age quality. Yet, it happens.
Why is this fine for geology, but not God?

The following is my opinion. I could easily be wrong. However, I feel generally speaking, I'm dead on. I don't want to offend anyone. I'm just saying it the I see it.

I think I could answer your questions within the established parameters. However, I'm rather convinced that you wouldn't read anything I offered. I don't think you would be willing to commit the time or energy to an honest religious study. I also feel that you wouldn't be willing to bear through study of those other "thousands of deities man has worshiped" in order to disprove them as man made. Of course to get there we have to admit certain things about man. No, not that we are sinners, but basic  Physcological motivations. I don't think you would be willing to even start with the most basic question. If there is a God would He want us to know Him? If you are truly set on there is no God then why would you ask this question to start with. You claiming to be wise have made yourselves fools by closing your mind to the supernatural. I may even be willing to conclude that you don't even want the answers to these questions. You only ask them because you think the answer is impossible. You expect i can offer nothing in response. Therefore as far as your mindset is concerned these are rhetorical  questions in nature.

If I am wrong and your inquiry is genuine,and you are willing to study. To give time and energy. Send me a personal message. We could start today. This goes for any of you who may read this.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +238/-6
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2013, 09:08:23 AM »

Weasel words? As that may denote opinion, could you define or provide example of "weasel words" please?

Circular reasoning. The date of these rocks is x BECAUSE of the type of fossils in them. Also the date of the fossils is X BECAUSE of the type of rock they are in. you can't use something with an undetermined age to determine the age of the other item with the same undetermined age quality. Yet, it happens.

The following is my opinion. I could easily be wrong. However, I feel generally speaking, I'm dead on. I don't want to offend anyone. I'm just saying it the I see it.

I think I could answer your questions within the established parameters. However, I'm rather convinced that you wouldn't read anything I offered. I don't think you would be willing to commit the time or energy to an honest religious study. I also feel that you wouldn't be willing to bear through study of those other "thousands of deities man has worshiped" in order to disprove them as man made. Of course to get there we have to admit certain things about man. No, not that we are sinners, but basic  Physcological motivations. I don't think you would be willing to even start with the most basic question. If there is a God would He want us to know Him? If you are truly set on there is no God then why would you ask this question to start with. You claiming to be wise have made yourselves fools by closing your mind to the supernatural. I may even be willing to conclude that you don't even want the answers to these questions. You only ask them because you think the answer is impossible. You expect i can offer nothing in response. Therefore as far as your mindset is concerned these are rhetorical  questions in nature.

If I am wrong and your inquiry is genuine,and you are willing to study. To give time and energy. Send me a personal message. We could start today. This goes for any of you who may read this.

Weasel words; God is the Universe, Everything is God...basically playing equivocation games.

So wrong about dating being circular. Strata dates are established through chemical means, not guesswork.

"I don't think you would be willing to commit the time or energy to an honest religious study." So are you willing to commit time and energy to HONEST astrology study? Alien abduction study?

Honest does not equal "agree with you."

I see yet again another theist pretending about answering the challange, but unsurprisingly avoiding it.

I have a position, yes. I have other positions in my life and people have shown me I am wrong, and I changed that position. If you are willing to do so, do so HERE in the open. If you can't convince me, perhaps there is someone else.

Why I expect nothing in response is that I have used variations of this for at leat 15 years, and every theist that pretends to answer it is as evasive as you are.

The point is simple, I contend that your God is just as man made as all others, since we both agree upon the premise that man can create gods. Show me I am wrong, or concede you are wrong.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +154/-5
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2013, 10:07:42 AM »

KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE - you are being unbelievably presumptuous and arrogant. That's all before we get to how completely wrong you are too.

And you didn't answer Hatter's question.
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +231/-5
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2013, 10:31:10 AM »
I don't think you would be willing to even start with the most basic question. If there is a God would He want us to know Him?
How is that the most basic question?  There is an even more fundamental question than that - does god exist?

If you are truly set on there is no God then why would you ask this question to start with.
No, we start with the question "does god exist?", because staring with "if there is a god would he want us to know him" is nothing but a storytelling exercise until you answer the more fundamental question of "does god exist?"
You claiming to be wise have made yourselves fools by closing your mind to the supernatural.
I may very well have closed my mind to the supernatural.  Define supernatural and we'll go from there.

I may even be willing to conclude that you don't even want the answers to these questions. You only ask them because you think the answer is impossible. You expect i can offer nothing in response. Therefore as far as your mindset is concerned these are rhetorical  questions in nature.
As per Jag, this is pretty damn presumptuous and haughty.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +220/-0
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2013, 11:09:51 AM »
I think I could answer your questions within the established parameters. However, I'm rather convinced that you wouldn't read anything I offered. I don't think you would be willing to commit the time or energy to an honest religious study. I also feel that you wouldn't be willing to bear through study of those other "thousands of deities man has worshiped" in order to disprove them as man made.

Tell you what, Harbinger:  I think you should resolve the problem of "honest religious study" by going up against Islam, Hinduism and all other theistic systems first, and determine among yourselves whose beliefs most closely approximate The Truth™.

We'll take on the winner.  If there is a winner, that is.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline harbinger77

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2013, 12:01:52 AM »

Weasel words; God is the Universe, Everything is God...basically playing equivocation games.

So wrong about dating being circular. Strata dates are established through chemical means, not guesswork.

"I don't think you would be willing to commit the time or energy to an honest religious study." So are you willing to commit time and energy to HONEST astrology study? Alien abduction study?

Honest does not equal "agree with you."

I see yet again another theist pretending about answering the challange, but unsurprisingly avoiding it.

I have a position, yes. I have other positions in my life and people have shown me I am wrong, and I changed that position. If you are willing to do so, do so HERE in the open. If you can't convince me, perhaps there is someone else.

Why I expect nothing in response is that I have used variations of this for at leat 15 years, and every theist that pretends to answer it is as evasive as you are.

The point is simple, I contend that your God is just as man made as all others, since we both agree upon the premise that man can create gods. Show me I am wrong, or concede you are wrong.

There was a reason I set it the way i did. It has to do with a strong religious belief of mine. surprisingly I did get one response. Not surprisingly it wasn't you... or anyone else that responded since This posting.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +643/-3
« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2013, 12:44:17 AM »

Just for the record, harbinger, this is a christian myth, not the reality. Rocks are dated radiometrically, using the known decay rates of various elements. I know you don't like this, and want to ask questions like "how do we know the rate has stayed steady" and stuff, but as another member pointed out recently, if we didn't have a good handle on radiation and decay rates, our power plants would be blowing up unexpectedly on a pretty regular basis.

But you guys go on with your myths, which is your strong suit anyway. You go on telling yourselves that we are using circular reasoning, because it is apparently really important for you to impugn the stuff you know nothing about, and we wouldn't want to take that away from you.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +238/-6
« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2013, 09:09:26 AM »
Just use COMMON SENSE!

Imagine a popular fictional novel series came out, lets say The Harry Potter Series.

Now imagine that people everywhere started talking about said series and started forming organizations about discussing it. The organizations declare that Magic and Hogwarts really exist.

Everywhere you go there are people handing out fliers about "defence from the dark arts.” They even wake you up Saturday morning to try to convince you to join house Hufflepuff.

These organizations lobby for tax free status, and insist that schools acknowledge the existence of magic…and politicians who are part of the organizations grant it to them.

Magic is added to school textbooks.

In order for anyone to be taken seriously in politics they have to declare there allegiance to Hogwart’s.

Now when things happen, said politicians say “It's Dumbledore’s will.”

Wars are fought over the followers of House Gryffindore versus the followers of House Slytherin. People die for their faith in the books.

People regularly forsake medicine for magic. And whomever declares themselves a wizard and gets a wizard licence is granted societal respect. They ask for donations for the further promotion of magic and get them.

Billions of dollars worth.

When you tell them It is just well written fiction” people snort about you being just a muggle, and some even declare you a dark wizard posing as a muggle. You even get slightly discriminated against, and find it hard to find a mate who doesn't think the books are real.

Now…imagine this going on for decades.

Would you be angry with the followers of the Harry Potter books? Make fun of them?
Of course you would.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +238/-6
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2013, 09:11:42 AM »

There was a reason I set it the way i did. It has to do with a strong religious belief of mine. surprisingly I did get one response. Not surprisingly it wasn't you... or anyone else that responded since This posting.
And this addresses anything I said, how?

Offline harbinger77

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #223 on: December 18, 2013, 01:21:58 AM »
Just use COMMON SENSE!
Why trying to get rid of something or someone that don't exist?

Yet people in here DO NOT use common sense at all.  They are narrow minded and close minded.  Their brain are so little that they don't even know they are contradicting themselves already. 

If only, the stupid people in here would just use common sense...

HERE IS COMMON SENSE;
if there is really "NO GOD" like you stupid people said, why waste your time on proving and trying to get rid of something that don't exist, that is kind of STUPID!

I mean really, if "GOD DON'T EXIST" - than DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ANYMORE on proving and trying to get rid of something that don't exist in the first place - that is STUPID and there by contradicting yourselves - you said one thing, but your action is the opposite of what you said.

The fact and reason why you guys are trying so hard and so stupidly to prove or get rid of something or someone like GOD, that you said don't exist in the first place - is a BIG PROOF FROM YOUR HEART - THAT YOU BELIEVE GOD EXIST.

Otherwise, why would you - so call "Smart People" or for this matter - STUPID PEOPLE - waste your time in trying so hard to prove and get rid of GOD - someone you said DON'T EXIST in the first place, and thereby contradicting yourself.

If you really want to be SMART and NOT CONTRADICTING YOURSELVES and if you really believe in your own statement that - "God don't exist and God is only an imagination", than...

1. GET RID OF THIS WEBSITE
2. Don't bother wasting your time on trying to prove and get rid of something or someone that you said DON'T EXIST in the
    first place
- someone like GOD!

In other word, DON'T BE STUPID ANYMORE, why bother trying to prove and get rid of GOD - who you said, don't exist in the first place.

WHY TRYING TO GET RID OF SOMETHING OR SOMEONE THAT DON'T EXIST?
You answer this questions?

Don't you think it's STUPID trying to get rid of something or someone that don't exist?

wow... I knew it wouldn't be long before I could point to someone who made my point for me. This is an example of "nominal Christian" Yes once you know what to look for you can spot nominal from true.
I apologize to all members of these boards... (even Nam... lol) on behalf of those of us who at least try to remain respectful.

To the owner of this post I say wow... You are part of the problem! "christians" like you are one big reason many reject Christ. I would suggest demonstrating the peace, joy, and love that comes from a relationship with my LORD. Google fruit of the spirit. You have offended many. Many will now have ought against you. Most of all thank you for damaging my witness for Christ! I pray for the lukewarm. at least the unbelievers KNOW they're not saved. I suggest you check your heart!

That's proper church discipline. If there was more of this, there would be fewer nominals. If there were fewer nominals you would see what the Church (the body of Christ) is supposed to be. Instead other nominal christians read Matt7:1 and stop. That's Satan's favorite verse 'cause he made it into a lie that weakens the church!

Is it against the rules for a Christian to preach the Word to another "christian?" Or is this just as offensive?

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2013, 02:59:20 AM »
^^ If it were possible, based on scripture, to say which are the True Christians (tm) and which the Nominals ... there wouldn't be 40000+ Christian sects.

Seriously, harbinger, you and commonsense could throw scripture at eachother for decades and never reach a concensus.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Ataraxia

• Graduate
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • "I am large, I contain multitudes."
« Reply #225 on: December 18, 2013, 05:50:02 AM »
wow... I knew it wouldn't be long before I could point to someone who made my point for me. This is an example of "nominal Christian" Yes once you know what to look for you can spot nominal from true.
I apologize to all members of these boards... (even Nam... lol) on behalf of those of us who at least try to remain respectful.

To the owner of this post I say wow... You are part of the problem! "christians" like you are one big reason many reject Christ. I would suggest demonstrating the peace, joy, and love that comes from a relationship with my LORD. Google fruit of the spirit. You have offended many. Many will now have ought against you. Most of all thank you for damaging my witness for Christ! I pray for the lukewarm. at least the unbelievers KNOW they're not saved. I suggest you check your heart!

That's proper church discipline. If there was more of this, there would be fewer nominals. If there were fewer nominals you would see what the Church (the body of Christ) is supposed to be. Instead other nominal christians read Matt7:1 and stop. That's Satan's favorite verse 'cause he made it into a lie that weakens the church!

Is it against the rules for a Christian to preach the Word to another "christian?" Or is this just as offensive?

You're all part of the problem. Whether one acts nastily to unbelievers or whether one displays the emotional orgasm they get from having a mental wank over God has no bearing on why people are unbelievers. It's your total inability to demonstrate that what you believe in is true that cuts it. No damage is done to you by anyone else - you all play your own part in the downfall of your own individual religious belief.

It's not offensive to preach to another, it's just laughable. It's like watching two fairy believers argue over the colour of their wings.
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

Offline harbinger77

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2013, 09:16:13 PM »
^^ If it were possible, based on scripture, to say which are the True Christians (tm) and which the Nominals ... there wouldn't be 40000+ Christian sects.

Seriously, harbinger, you and commonsense could throw scripture at eachother for decades and never reach a concensus.

I made reference to scripture but I didn't "throw" any. Some things only a fool wouldn't see. What I was referring to is one of those things. There in fact is a way to determine if one is nominal. Normally the term lukewarm would be used (Rev 3:16) but it's the fruit of the spirit referred to in Galatians 5 that would help us to determine such things. There are others too, but this is the most basic. To help get you started understanding the concept, here is a link for you.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_of_the_Holy_Spirit

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +238/-6
« Reply #227 on: December 22, 2013, 10:00:42 PM »

I made reference to scripture but I didn't "throw" any. Some things only a fool wouldn't see. What I was referring to is one of those things. There in fact is a way to determine if one is nominal. Normally the term lukewarm would be used (Rev 3:16) but it's the fruit of the spirit referred to in Galatians 5 that would help us to determine such things. There are others too, but this is the most basic. To help get you started understanding the concept, here is a link for you.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_of_the_Holy_Spirit

or in other words "Turn you magic decoder ring to H-77"

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #228 on: December 25, 2013, 09:54:38 AM »
Has anyone read these contradictions? Not a single one is valid. I'm sorry, but this guy has no idea what he's talking about. The only one that seems close is #15, and that's because he has no knowledge of the 1st and 2nd covenants.
Someone tell me this guy is joking around.

Offline One Above All

• Professor
  • Darwins +223/-30
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #229 on: December 25, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »
Has anyone read these contradictions? Not a single one is valid. I'm sorry, but this guy has no idea what he's talking about. The only one that seems close is #15, and that's because he has no knowledge of the 1st and 2nd covenants.

Feel free to debunk them. Go ahead. I can wait.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +238/-6
« Reply #230 on: December 25, 2013, 01:24:38 PM »

Feel free to debunk them. Go ahead. I can wait.

Yeah. And remember don't some like a child caught in a lie and add such significant elements to the story in order to reconcile the differences that they would have been mentioned in the first place...like every previous Christian and every apologetics site does.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #231 on: December 26, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »
Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. I have a ton of paperwork here from work I'm going through and this graph did take a while to put together.
It will take to much time and space to type out all 15 contradictions, you can refer to them on the post up top. This will be useless if you don't look up the scripture for yourself (KJV). On some of the short answers I will type out scripture, others I will give scripture reference for you to look up, but will explain the contradiction.
#4, #13, #14/ These 3 will come on a seperate post as they are long answers. 

#1 David had many mighty men before he was king and during the 40 years reigned. If you look at the scripture he gives, you will see 2 different names and 2 different numbers of people killed. If you read on in both sets of scripture you will see his list of mighty men, all the names are different because it is set at different times in the life of David. The scripture he gives is 2 seperate books of the Bilbe which means pinmanship by 2 different writers. Read it and you will see.
#2 Here the poster does not understand the connection between faith and works. The answer is both faith and works as the apostle James explains. James 2:21, (See thou how faith wrought with his works , and by works was made perfect.) James is saying: See how faith working with his works is made perfect. They work together. In Romans 4:2 the apostle Paul, also talking about Abraham, is saying Abraham is not justified by works alone, in vs. 3 he says Abraham also believed God. They are both saying the same thing in different order. Faith and works work together. Faith being believing in God and works being offering Isaac on the alter.

This is taking more time than I thought. I will pick up on #3 a little later this afternoon. Don't worry we will get there.