Author Topic: Bible Contradiction Graph  (Read 22625 times)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Bible Contradiction Graph
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2011, 02:46:11 PM »
I don't know about you, but do you really know and understand everything about universe, gravity, black hole.....etc. I am NOT asking for theories, theories are theories, not an answer.

Implies that one needs to be omniscient to make any assertions about anything and completely ignores the meaning of "theory" in the scientific sense

If you don't have answers, then how are you trying to understand the ONE that created all those things?

Implies that you're omniscient. See above

Maybe you should know and understand about everything that god created first, and try to understand "god"? just a suggestion.

Implies the existence of a god. Not just ANY god but the specific god you worship. See above
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline MMcNeely

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2011, 03:55:23 PM »
You see, us believers are NOT god's advocates, he doesn't need one.

Then why are you here?

I know certain aspects of god, but certainly not everything.

But... didn't you just say: "Maybe you should know and understand about everything that god created first, and try to understand "god"? just a suggestion." Hmmm....

You can certainly try to ask him, but he won't answer

That is the smartest thing I've seen you say yet!

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2011, 06:04:26 PM »
All of these things have been thoroughly refuted by science.
show me your science so I can take it to about 5 billion people on the earth and tell them "sirs! you are wrongs!

argumentum ad populumWiki ... a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or most people believe it; it alleges: "If many believe so, it is so."

Besides, those billions of theists you mention are divided into many religions who are in turn subdivided into thousands of denominations. Each group pointing the finger claiming all of others to be wrong ... so don't give me that shit.

Scientific papers are available to the general public. They refute every claim made by creationists. Anybody can look 'em up. These papers go through very strict peer review processes and take years to be confirmed and published. They are tested and re-tested and tested again before the scientific community comes to a consensus.

You want to argue that there is no god? Fine, So flipping what? (that) Doesn't make any god/gods/God disappear.

You're right, it doesn't make any gods disappear ... because there were never any gods in the first place.

I go where the evidence leads me. The scientific evidence refutes many of the claims your bible makes. I have yet to see any evidence at all confirming a god exists. Therefore, I will assume there is no god.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2011, 12:16:37 AM »
I am not saying "there is a bunch of people believes in god, so you should consider", but are you saying those bunch of scientists that believe in god are less educated than you?

I have no problems with a scientist who has a mystical bent, who wonders about what was there before the Big Bang, who ponder things like mind vs. brain or the nature of emotions, or who just stares into the night sky and marvels at the beauty of it all.

I have an insurmountable problem with anyone who claims that one particular god exists because some ancient book said so, and who ignores readily-available empirical evidence rather than facing the possibility that their belief might be wrong.  They are not 'scientists' in any meaningful sense of the word.  I consider them deluded, dishonest and a net detriment to the scientific community, and I don't really *care* if they had a better scientific education than Me because they don't seem to be using that education.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2011, 01:03:13 AM »
I am not saying "there is a bunch of people believes in god, so you should consider", but are you saying those bunch of scientists that believe in god are less educated than you?

Argumentum ad verecundiamWiki! I haven't seen one of those in a while
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +658/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2011, 07:48:45 AM »
coram, darling, you gave some personal information already:

I am 37, male, married, 3 kids, self employed truth seeking person.

Would you kindly elaborate a bit on "self employed"?  Exactly what is it you do?  Also, could you please tell us about your education?  What is your highest degree, what major, etc?  It will help to understand what we're dealing with.  It might let us know some mitigating circumstances.

Thanks, love.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2011, 09:33:33 AM »
Coram, are you the same person as user John 3 16?

Answer this question before proceeding with your regularly scheduled afronts to human decency and intellectual honesty.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline coram deo

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2011, 06:19:15 PM »
Coram, are you the same person as user John 3 16?

Answer this question before proceeding with your regularly scheduled afronts to human decency and intellectual honesty.
No.  you are wrong.

What is you socioeconomic status pony?

Offline coram deo

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2011, 10:30:09 PM »
coram, darling, you gave some personal information already:

I am 37, male, married, 3 kids, self employed truth seeking person.

Would you kindly elaborate a bit on "self employed"?  Exactly what is it you do?  Also, could you please tell us about your education?  What is your highest degree, what major, etc?  It will help to understand what we're dealing with.  It might let us know some mitigating circumstances.

Thanks, love.
I think it fair that you give  me some of your personal info first. At least like ones I gave you.
So, how old are you? Are you married? any kids? occupation, and what do you persuit?

Offline coram deo

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2011, 10:42:36 PM »

Argumentum ad verecundiamWiki! I haven't seen one of those in a while
you are wrong. read below
I *did* get a good science education; therefore, it is natural for Me to see the Bible and other "holy books" as primitive nonsense.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2011, 11:47:19 PM »
you are wrong {about argumentum ad verecundiam}. read below

I *did* get a good science education; therefore, it is natural for Me to see the Bible and other "holy books" as primitive nonsense.

Uh... Sorry to break this to you, CoramD, but My statement isn't an argument from authority.  It's My personal experience from comparing science and religion.  Things in the real world tend to work whether or not you believe in them.  Things in the religious world seem to depend unduly on the mental state of the believer, and there is no reliable way to determine if 2 different people are having similar religious experiences.

Science tells Me about gravity.  I can experience it Myself by dropping rocks and noticing that they do tend to fall to the ground... Repeatedly.  Better yet, if you were to drop a rock it would probably fall to the ground.

Science tells Me about chemistry.  I have observed that every time I put pennies in a saucer, sprinkle them with table salt and add some white vinegar, it makes the pennies shiny again.  Every blinkin' time I've done it, from age 6 to My present age of 54.  Better yet, if you conducted the same experiment in the same way, I'm reasonably sure your pennies would turn shiny again, too.

However, I have never had a religious experience that I could objectively verify or replicate.  I have never had a verifiable encounter with this god of yours.  And I still don't have My very own Talking Snake™, despite the Bible's assertion that they exist.

I'll stick with science, thankyouverymuch.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2011, 04:44:00 AM »
Coram Deo has now been banned as a sock puppet of John 3 16.

Direct your questions to the John 3 16 account if it ever merits being unmuted.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2011, 04:48:03 AM »
I do love it when christians make asses of themselves like this. Mainly because they end up doing more damage to their cause. I doubt most christians enjoy being represented by such an ass.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline changeling

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2011, 06:06:32 AM »

Poor Coram Deo, John 3-16 told him not to do that.
Did not. Did to. Did not. Did to.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:08:10 AM by changeling »
The level of dumb they have to sell, is only made remotely possible by the level of flocking their sheep are willing to do in the name of rewards for no thought. quote: Kin Hell

"Faith is the enemy of evidence, for when we know the truth, no faith is required." Graybeard

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2011, 07:05:31 AM »

While I find it amusing, how the inhereint dishonest of someone who tries to declare moral superiority...what allowed you to conclude this was a sock puppet?
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2011, 10:52:24 AM »

I should have known. Coram Deo completely ignored my previous post, which was addressed toward him, just so he could be petty with certain members that John 3 16 was usually petty toward.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
While I find it amusing, how the inhereint dishonest of someone who tries to declare moral superiority...what allowed you to conclude this was a sock puppet?

Prayed to FSM.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2011, 06:59:16 PM »

Prayed to FSM.

Forum Sock Mauler
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2011, 11:11:17 AM »
Maybe, that is what god wanted?
You see, us believers are NOT god's advocates, he doesn't need one.
Nice save after you've failed to advocate with any ability. 
We are his followers, servants.
I know certain aspects of god, but certainly not everything.
One thing I know for sure, god-man=creator-creation.
You know this "for sure"?  Then you must have some evidence.  Just like every other theist has claimed.  Let me know how you know it is your god that created us and not Vishnu, or Quezalcoatl or any of the hundreds of creator gods that humanity has claimed one time or other as real.

We are not in a position to ask god "hey man why did you make the tree of knowledge of good and evil?"
You can certainly try to ask him, but he won't answer or change anything.
Why not? Other christians claim that he does?  Are they lying, CD?  Or are you? Can you show me how you know?

And theories are an answer, the best decription we have a a moment.  You use these theories everyday and only question them when they show your religion is just another myth. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2011, 06:32:07 PM »
The most beautiful thing I have seen come from the bible.

Amen
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline MMcNeely

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2011, 10:13:03 PM »
And some of the most grotesque things I've seen have come from the Bible!

Offline NonReligious

« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2011, 07:39:20 AM »
if there is really "NO GOD" like you stupid people said, why waste your time on proving and trying to get rid of something that don't exist, that is kind of STUPID!

It is not my job to prove that God does not exist, because I'm not the one claiming that there is a God.

It is your responsibility to provide credible, convincing evidence that God exists.

EDIT:

BTW, what a lovely graph. That would make a cool poster!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:42:15 AM by NonReligious »

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2011, 02:00:42 PM »
Hey commonsense247, if you ever bother to come back, here's a bit of advice- misrepresenting our views and demanding the closing down of this forum because of those falsehoods isn’t going to work.

You're welcome. :D
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2011, 02:16:17 PM »

I figured c.d. was a sockpuppet after he made this comment-
hi pony! wouldn't it be more appropriate to say hello, first?  my dear old friend ;)

How he thought that wouldn't make you suspicious is beyond me. Maybe he had faith that everyone here would be as clueless as him? He did have trouble grasping the concept of evidence. :laugh:
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline Iamrational

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2011, 08:13:35 AM »
Hey great news for Jesus freaks.

I counted approx 642 chapters that didn't have contradictions. That to me is something to build on. Now start over. This time do it right.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2011, 12:12:31 AM »
(Please disregard -- Trying not to raise this thread from the dead.)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:15:23 AM by Astreja »

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +388/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2011, 06:10:18 AM »
Just use COMMON SENSE!
Why trying to get rid of something or someone that don't exist?

Look around the Forum.  Can you find any examples of anyone here proposing ways to get rid of an omnipotent superbeing who created the Cosmos?  No.  Such an entity does not exist,[1] so you will see no efforts being made to get rid of it.  What people here are trying to get rid of is highly-infectious mind-viruses that cause bad effects when they are appealed to as a proper basis on which to operate a society.  "Yahweh" is not a real person; rather, he's a fictional character that significantly influences the behavior of people in the world.  He's like Harry Potter.[2]  Many Christians loathe Harry Potter, to the extent of holding book-burnings and trying to get Harry Potter books banned from school libraries.[3]  Yet, I think you would be hard-pressed to find a Christian who believes Harry Potter and his world of wizards and magical creatures actually exist.
 1. To the same level of probability we can agree that leprechauns and faeries do not exist.
 2. Well, except that Harry Potter isn't portrayed as a genocidal tyrant who plans to torture billions of people in fire forever.  Even Voldemort doesn't approach that degree of malevolence.
 3. Note that even the most ardent "New Atheists" aren't advocating actual censorship like this.
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +388/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2011, 06:26:12 AM »
Maybe all those things happened. couldn't tell who went to the tomb first, but I think it is possible.

I suppose all those things could have happened.  John and Peter were simultaneously there and not there, there were simultaneously many women and yet only one (maybe she was really fat?).  Maybe god just hit the rewind button on his omni-remote control and called a "do-over" multiple times.  All things are possible with god, except of course healing amputees and curing mental health illnesses.

It's Biblical proof of the Many Worlds Interpretation of quantum mechanics!  Halleluiah! XD  Henceforth, Peter, John, and Mary Magdalene shall be known as Schrodinger's Disciples.  Which might also be a good name for a band...
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2011, 06:58:08 AM »
Maybe all those things happened. couldn't tell who went to the tomb first, but I think it is possible.

I suppose all those things could have happened.  John and Peter were simultaneously there and not there, there were simultaneously many women and yet only one (maybe she was really fat?).  Maybe god just hit the rewind button on his omni-remote control and called a "do-over" multiple times.  All things are possible with god, except of course healing amputees and curing mental health illnesses.

It's Biblical proof of the Many Worlds Interpretation of quantum mechanics!  Halleluiah! XD  Henceforth, Peter, John, and Mary Magdalene shall be known as Schrodinger's Disciples.  Which might also be a good name for a band...

........proselytising  Schrodinger's catechism
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise