Author Topic: Bible Contradiction Graph  (Read 24320 times)

Offline Operator_019

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
Bible Contradiction Graph
« on: November 12, 2010, 10:26:11 PM »
http://www.fastcodesign.com/1662676/infographic-of-the-day-what-the-bible-got-wrong

Downloadable graph connecting all the biblical contradictions to their corresponding verses.

Enjoy!

Former Moderator Account

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
Re: Bible Contradiction Graph
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 10:46:01 PM »
That's quite artistic  :)
Git mit uns

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 02:14:24 AM »
..........it's certainly got the poor victimised majority (xians) upset if the comments are anything to go by.

Interesting to note that they are very very happy to find 3 (at last count) redundancies,  thereby claiming the graph is in error and thus easy to dismiss.
Perhaps they should apply the same rigid criteria to their bible.

Stupid stupid monkeys wrote the bible well before Shakespeare sharpened his first quill.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +683/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 01:30:06 PM »
Nice find 019.  Keep up the good work. 
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Str82Hell

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 02:40:18 PM »
Wow:

Mark Carbone
Yesterday 11:00 AM
Suzanne,
I take offense to you. I'd love to see you talk in this way if it was the Koran you were trying to slam and degrade.

You are not funny. You are lost and a kid who doesn't get it yet. I understand that. Your world is small but don't disrespect what I value.

It is not OK to slam Christianity. I expect an answer because we are sick and tired of getting persecuted. It is not alright to slam us anymore.

We are not going to sit back and take it anymore.

You can believe whatever you want but if you are going to do that, be fair and highlight all the contradictions in the Koran.
Quote from: George Bernard Shaw
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 03:02:41 PM »
Wow:

Mark Carbone
Yesterday 11:00 AM
Suzanne,
I take offense to you. I'd love to see you talk in this way if it was the Koran you were trying to slam and degrade.

You are not funny. You are lost and a kid who doesn't get it yet. I understand that. Your world is small but don't disrespect what I value.

It is not OK to slam Christianity. I expect an answer because we are sick and tired of getting persecuted. It is not alright to slam us anymore.

We are not going to sit back and take it anymore.

You can believe whatever you want but if you are going to do that, be fair and highlight all the contradictions in the Koran.

Wow, indeed.  Don't you just love it when Christians exhibit Fatwa envy?

Edit: Corrected link (twice).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 03:58:12 PM by pianodwarf »
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 09:47:06 AM »
Meh! If it weren't full of holes you wouldn't need faith. And what would apologists use to keep themselves in employment?
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +683/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 10:18:30 AM »
Wow:

Fricken whiners. This guy was the whiney kid in first grade who pissed and moaned when he got in trouble "but Sally did the same thing and didn't get in trouble!"  Shut the fuck up, kid.  Life's not fair.  Your religion is riddled with holes and contradictions and whining about the koran and crying persecution is not going to change that. 

What a pussy.  If jesus H ever met this Mark Carbone pussy, he'd be disgusted.  He'd slap him in face and tell him to be man, just like Vito did to Johnny Fontane in the Godfather.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline pingnak

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 03:13:37 PM »
That 'Jesus Camp' movie is chock full of 'fatwa envy'.  That fat lady who runs the place can't stop complaining about what islamists get to do versus christians, and how they need to 'catch up' to them.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/jesus-camp/

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »
"we're not going to sit back and take it anymore".  Wow, seems that this Christian missed the part of their bible where his "messiah" says to do just that. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Online Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 03:48:19 AM »
"we're not going to sit back and take it anymore".  Wow, seems that this Christian missed the part of their bible where his "messiah" says to do just that. 

nah, they just read the contradicting part where Jesus chases some people around a temple while swinging a weapon he just made (see, son of a carpenter therefor he knew how to make weapons!!! proof of god!!!)  &)
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Pounamu

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • formerly appeared as "Cadillac"
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 04:10:31 AM »
Wow, beautiful! Especially if we look at the PDF file - the New Testament is so full of contradictions, that its not graphics anymore, it's a mere stain! Hilarious! :D

Thanks 19.
Piki ake, piki ake ki te ara poutama, ki nga taumatatanga e wairua, hinengaro, tinana!

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 05:55:15 AM »
Thanks mod19!

I'm having a look at the pdf files here:
http://www.project-reason.org/gallery3/image/105/

I might just print this puppy and hang it on my wall.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 09:39:50 AM »

nah, they just read the contradicting part where Jesus chases some people around a temple while swinging a weapon he just made (see, son of a carpenter therefor he knew how to make weapons!!! proof of god!!!)  &)

from what actual history shows, I'm more inclined to think that Jesus was just jealous (god required that activity in the temple grounds since regular money wasn't good enough for God) and tired of having to rely on the working girls to support him. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline ronsterporkchompster

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 10:34:43 PM »
Wow that graph has more lines on it than Charlie Sheen's coffee table.
If the world didn't suck we would all fall off.

Offline machinehead

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 04:24:39 AM »
I remember seeing that a while back. I think I downloaded it too. I'd been meaning to go back and actually go through it point by point to see what I may not have heard or read before.

Offline enagua

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 10:00:49 PM »
The most beautiful thing I have seen come from the bible.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 09:16:18 AM »
welcom enagua.  Vague claims aren't looked upon here with much favor.  Some of the most horrific things I have heard of come from the bible too.  Like genocide, rape and the pointless eternal torture for finite crimes by a typical Bronze Age god.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 10:15:44 AM »
welcom enagua.  Vague claims aren't looked upon here with much favor.  Some of the most horrific things I have heard of come from the bible too.  Like genocide, rape and the pointless eternal torture for finite crimes by a typical Bronze Age god.

.........ambiguity strikes again velky  ;)

I read enagua's comment to be a positive appraisal of the beauty of the graphic of the contradictions chart.

I would've expected a gushing for god comment to be structured slightly differently as in
Quote from: enagua

link=topic=16507.msg401581#msg401581 date=1299207649
The most beautiful things I have seen come from the bible.
my bold s.

the stupidity of my expectation of course, is the expectation of correct grammer. Not that I can talk.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline enagua

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 02:06:33 PM »

My apologies for not expressing myself clearly. I find the graph to be an amazing artistic visual showing the inconsistencies in the bible. There isn't very many stories, versus, or ideals from that quote "holy book" that I agree with or find appealing.

This graph however left me speechless on how to accurately describe the effect it had on me.

I will be more precise in the future. Thank you!

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 02:53:04 PM »
no problem.  You should go to the introductions section and let us know a bit more about you  :) Nice to see another gal on the boards.

Offline Str82Hell

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 04:09:16 AM »
I accidentally read an -s behind 'thing'.
Quote from: George Bernard Shaw
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one

Offline commonsense247

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 12:25:24 PM »
Just use COMMON SENSE!
Why trying to get rid of something or someone that don't exist?

Yet people in here DO NOT use common sense at all.  They are narrow minded and close minded.  Their brain are so little that they don't even know they are contradicting themselves already. 

If only, the stupid people in here would just use common sense...

HERE IS COMMON SENSE;
if there is really "NO GOD" like you stupid people said, why waste your time on proving and trying to get rid of something that don't exist, that is kind of STUPID!

I mean really, if "GOD DON'T EXIST" - than DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ANYMORE on proving and trying to get rid of something that don't exist in the first place - that is STUPID and there by contradicting yourselves - you said one thing, but your action is the opposite of what you said.

The fact and reason why you guys are trying so hard and so stupidly to prove or get rid of something or someone like GOD, that you said don't exist in the first place - is a BIG PROOF FROM YOUR HEART - THAT YOU BELIEVE GOD EXIST.

Otherwise, why would you - so call "Smart People" or for this matter - STUPID PEOPLE - waste your time in trying so hard to prove and get rid of GOD - someone you said DON'T EXIST in the first place, and thereby contradicting yourself.

If you really want to be SMART and NOT CONTRADICTING YOURSELVES and if you really believe in your own statement that - "God don't exist and God is only an imagination", than...

1. GET RID OF THIS WEBSITE
2. Don't bother wasting your time on trying to prove and get rid of something or someone that you said DON'T EXIST in the
    first place
- someone like GOD!

In other word, DON'T BE STUPID ANYMORE, why bother trying to prove and get rid of GOD - who you said, don't exist in the first place.

WHY TRYING TO GET RID OF SOMETHING OR SOMEONE THAT DON'T EXIST?
You answer this questions?

Don't you think it's STUPID trying to get rid of something or someone that don't exist?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:38:16 PM by commonsense247 »

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 12:44:01 PM »
The fact and reason why you guys are trying so hard and so stupidly to prove or get rid of something or someone like God, that you said don't exist in the first place - is a BIG PROOF THAT GOD EXIST.
I'm also active in the disbelief of leprechauns, dragons, demons, perpetual motions machines, and anal probing aliens.  So therefore they exist?
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 12:44:21 PM »
Hi, CommonSense247, welcome to WWGHA.

Just use COMMON SENSE!

As Voltaire wisely observed, "Common sense is not so common."  (As will shortly be demonstrated in your own case, as it happens.  Don't take it personally, none of us are born knowing this stuff, we have to learn it.)

HERE IS COMMON SENSE; if there is really NO GOD like you stupid people said, why waste your time on proving and trying to get rid of something that don't exist, that is kind of STUPID!

It's not merely a question of whether deities exist.  That matter is open to debate.  However, other matters are not.

1)  There are people who believe deities exist.
2)  They outnumber us by a pretty comfortable margin in most parts of the world.
3)  Many, if not most, of them don't mind their own business.  They make laws based on their religious beliefs, and they discriminate against freethinkers.

If religionists kept their beliefs private, very few atheists would care.  I'm among the strongest of the anti-theists in the world, and even I wouldn't care.

The fact and reason why you guys are trying so hard and so stupidly to prove or get rid of something or someone like God, that you said don't exist in the first place - is a BIG PROOF THAT GOD EXIST.

Absurd.  People also debate whether the Loch Ness Monster exists.  The fact that there is debate is not proof that Nessie exists.  Quite the contrary, the fact that there is debate indicates quite clearly that the matter is not at all settled.  If it were settled, there would be no debate.

So regarding what you said above:

Just use COMMON SENSE!

Well... in the immortal words of the Bard, "Physician, heal thyself."
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2011, 01:41:43 PM »
Don't you think it's STUPID trying to get rid of something or someone that don't exist?

But it does exist in the minds of millions of fucking people who try impose their spag on me.

here's the thing: If religion can get out of my society, civilization, politics, every day life, etc, then this site is pointless. But it can't and never will. Too fucking bad if this site is fighting back against religion's stronghold on the world..
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:47:07 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2011, 01:43:40 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks "commonsense247" is the same guy/girl who kept posting the extremely large post with random videos etc over and over again?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 02:00:25 PM »
Dave Mabus must be out on bail.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Online JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +227/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 02:04:04 PM »
Just use COMMON SENSE!
Why trying to get rid of something or someone that don't exist?

We're not.  Try to understand this...  Some people believe that God exists.  God doesn't exist.  If that's all it was, no big deal. But the belief in God comes with baggage.  And that baggage is a cancer on the world.  If cancer was a belief system, wouldn't you try to get rid of that too? 

Yet people in here DO NOT use common sense at all.  They are narrow minded and close minded.  Their brain are so little that they don't even know they are contradicting themselves already. 

Hmm.  No, I don't think so.  You may feel free to assert that, but it's bullshit.  What is narrow minded about the atheist position, which is nothing more than a conclusion drawn from an examination of the facts?  Is it narrow minded to believe that the earth revolves around the sun?  That clouds make rain?  What you see as narrow minded is simply people forming a conclusion based on (in this case) massive lack of evidence.  If you were to present solid evidence for God, you would probably see converts. 

If only, the stupid people in here would just use common sense...

I agree.  But by-in-large, the theists we get here just won't do it. 

if there is really "NO GOD" like you stupid people said, why waste your time on proving and trying to get rid of something that don't exist, that is kind of STUPID!

If stupid people didn't assert that God exists in the first place, we wouldn't have to be here.  Without someone first believing in a God, there is no such thing as an atheist.  The Christians are the one's saying God exists, not us. Why are you not over at the Christian websites screaming at them saying "WHY DON'T YOU USE COMMON SENSE? STOP TRYING TO PROVE GOD IS REAL" ? 

I mean really, if "GOD DON'T EXIST" - than DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ANYMORE on proving and trying to get rid of something that don't exist in the first place - that is STUPID and there by contradicting yourselves - you said one thing, but your action is the opposite of what you said.

No, we're not.  Belief systems can be very dangerous.  One that revolves around the existence of a supernatural deity is no exception. 

The fact and reason why you guys are trying so hard and so stupidly to prove or get rid of something or someone like GOD, that you said don't exist in the first place - is a BIG PROOF FROM YOUR HEART - THAT YOU BELIEVE GOD EXIST.

No, it's not even remotely that.  You aren't using your common sense here at all.  We aren't trying to get rid of that which doesn't exist; we are trying to get rid of the BELIEF in that which doesn't exist, because that BELIEF is awful for the world.  This is pretty easy stuff here commonsense.  For someone who thinks so highly of his own ability to use common sense, you seem to suck at it.  Try to keep up. 

Otherwise, why would you - so call "Smart People" or for this matter - STUPID PEOPLE - waste your time in trying so hard to prove and get rid of GOD - someone you said DON'T EXIST in the first place, and thereby contradicting yourself.

Yes, yes, we got it.  You keep repeating this as if it changes every time.  You're still wrong each time, but the words are different, and there's different amounts of bolding and underlining to look at.  All of which seems to indicate that you are sure of yourself here.  That just makes you look more like a fool. 

If you really want to be SMART and NOT CONTRADICTING YOURSELVES and if you really believe in your own statement that - "God don't exist and God is only an imagination", than...

1. GET RID OF THIS WEBSITE
2. Don't bother wasting your time on trying to prove and get rid of something or someone that you said DON'T EXIST in the
    first place
- someone like GOD!

Same argument, still wrong.

In other word, DON'T BE STUPID ANYMORE, why bother trying to prove and get rid of GOD - who you said, don't exist in the first place.

Same argument, still wrong.

WHY TRYING TO GET RID OF SOMETHING OR SOMEONE THAT DON'T EXIST?

Same argument, still wrong.  This is getting pretty boring.

You answer this questions?

Yes, easily. 

Yes.  And if that's what we were trying to do, you'd have a point.  Unfortunately, it's not what we are doing at all. You aren't using common sense, commonsense. 

The funny thing is, however, we could respond to you all day, over and over again against this line of thought you're having, but there I would bet anything that you won't give up on it.  We've told you how we are categorically NOT trying to "get rid of something that doesn't exist".  What we are doing is trying to get people to stop BELIEVING in something that doesn't exist.  Even though, that is an absolute fact, I bet that mantra will continue to play over and over again in your mind "They are so stupid! They are trying to get rid of something that doesn't exist!"  Listen to me again.  No, we are not.  We are not doing that at all.  Let that sink into your mind for a moment.  We are NOT doing that.  There, do you have it now?  Is it in there yet?  Do you see now how this is NOT what we are doing?  Try to stay with me here.  What we are doing is trying to get people to STOP BELIEVING in something which doesn't exist, because the belief that God exists is a terrible thing for the world.  Do you have it now? 
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT