Author Topic: "Not a bone in his body will be broken"  (Read 7357 times)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +130/-13
  • Dii hau dang ijii
Re: "Not a bone in his body will be broken"
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 12:02:54 AM »
Here, let me help:

Heb 2: 14* Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same;
17* Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren

He was circumcised
He could bleed
He could eat
He got tired
He had flesh, bone, blood
He could be killed by crucifixion

I think we're looking for someone physically human. No doubt.
Most peoples on the planet never even heard of jesus til well after his supposed death
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 12:03:42 AM »
Here, let me help:

Heb 2: 14* Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same;
17* Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren

He was circumcised
He could bleed
He could eat
He got tired
He had flesh, bone, blood
He could be killed by crucifixion

I think we're looking for someone physically human. No doubt.

and then he came back from the dead      .......................................zombie

besides if he could walk on water it's wrong to assume natural bone structure in his feet

although ceilingcat's look normal enough

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Larissa238

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 08:51:14 PM »
Have we first PROVEN that a bone WAS broken before this continues any further?

I think the burden of proof is on the prosecution, not the defense.

Prove it was broken, then I think we REALLY have something to talk about.

Guess you'd have to find his body first.

It's hard to find the body of someone who didn't exist... and there is only one recovered body from a crucifixion, since they would throw the bodies out and let them rot. That one body they know was crucified? It had a broken foot bone- that's how they know it was a crucified body. If Jesus did exist, it is almost impossible that they would give the body to be buried like they say in the Bible, because they used the bodies to deter crime.
On why Christians and non-Christians have the same rate of divorce:

He would rather it that they worship Him, instead of spending their time on family.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 11:24:58 AM »

I thought you were an expert on the Texts Dr. X.?

Are you saying that with all of your experience in language and Greek that you honestly believe the Bible claims that the Earth is flat? Did you read the verses before and after that to see what type of speaking they were using? You must of: with all your experience. Nothing gets by you i'm sure.
being that all of the imagery is based on a flat earth, there is no reason to think that this group of xenophobic agrarians thought any differently.  There is nothing to point to them knowing any differently.  You are more than welcome to inject any evidence otherwise that you have here. 
And just so i'm clear (apparently that's a huge issue around here): I don't believe the Bible claims the Earth is flat. Its just an expression.
It matters little what you believe is an "expression" or literal.  The facts matter and those support the bible advocating for a flat earth.  This is just one more Christian using their magic decoder ring to excuse the failures of his book written by rather ignorant theologians.

I'm curious if you have any evidence to inject here, Goldie to support your claims that the bible does not in fact say that the earth is flat. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline joe616

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 10:20:08 PM »
The size of the nails that would of had to of been used to support a body wouldn't be able to maneuver through any spaces in the feet at all, they didn't use little pin nails they used big nails, and I doubt the soldiers where any good at not hitting a single bone because it wasn't like they had to miss the bones for everyone who was crucified they only had to miss the bones for when Jesus was crucified and I doubt they practiced missing every bone in both the hands and feet before they crucified him. It just doesn't really make that much sense.

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +708/-19
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 10:22:25 PM »
Please note the timestamp on the post immediately before yours, joe616.

Online kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +550/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 09:59:10 PM »
And just so i'm clear (apparently that's a huge issue around here): I don't believe the Bible claims the Earth is flat. Its just an expression.

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor; and he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.”

--Matthew 4:8-9

How could Jesus see all the kingdoms of the world from a really high mountain, if the world isn't flat?  If the Devil was showing Jesus a mystical vision of all the kingdoms of the world (instead of showing them to him physically), why bother teleporting him to some faraway mountain first? 

Bonus question: it's the Devil we're talking about here; would he not at least have said, after teleporting Jesus to Mt. Everest or wherever, "By the way, it's a long walk home from here.  HA-HA!" *poof!* and thus confronted Jesus with the much more impressive temptation of having to walk all the way back to Judea without saying any cusswords or committing any other "sin" along the way?

Edit: Oops, I didn't see that this thread was a zombie before posting.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:01:55 PM by kcrady »
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +457/-110
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 10:01:10 PM »
Maybe it was Olympus Mons.

;)

-Nam
Things I've said here:

I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

I may believe people, as a whole, should be treated fairly but I also believe those same people are idiots.