Author Topic: Contradictions don't make Christianity false  (Read 1385 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +198/-7
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: Contradictions don't make Christianity false
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2016, 07:51:47 AM »
No! dont misunderstand me. you are entitled to your opinion, critique and disbelieve, but could yov do all that without disrespecting others.

I don't misunderstand you at all.  You need attention.  You want to make claims and insist that they are true and you are such a special snowflake for knowing the "Truth",   and you don't want anyone to point out what a loon you are.   
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline jdawg70

• Fellow
  • Darwins +794/-9
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2016, 08:36:26 AM »
"shoving an airplane into a building"

are you seriously refering to the 9/11 attack? after all the scientific  and other evidence that it was an attack orchestrated by the american government for the soul purpose of soothing their money and power hungry egoes? REALLY!?

Is this your way of trying to deflect away from my actual point in that post?

...also, the scent of Poe is starting to get a little stronger.  Again, I'll continue giving you the benefit of the doubt, but your starting to sound more and more like Timecube[1] guy.

Addressing the meat of my post will help assuage my fears that you are either a Poe or a genuine lunatic.
 1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Cube
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +790/-24
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2016, 08:37:27 AM »
Paul, when writing 1 Corinthians, stated that the only thing that makes it or breaks it for Christianity is the resurrection of Jesus

Greybeard, when writing about choosing a pet, stated that it does not matter if a pet barks and can't climb trees, the only thing that makes it or breaks it for "being a cat" is a liking for fish.

Paul was deluded - his arguments are facile. It is not possible to argue coherently for the truth of a religion. However, as a rhetorical device, Paul's deception is very good - it dispenses with all errors and contradictions by making a completely unsupported statement - and people believed it...
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline nogodsforme

• Laureate
  • Darwins +1635/-9
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2016, 04:33:54 PM »
I know that the US government has done some bad things, but the 9/11 conspiracy nuts just lose me. I am starting to think fringe is definitely a few kernels short of a full Redenbacher.  :-\
If people really believed in god's will they would not buy insurance.

Prayer is a sign that god has ADHD.