Author Topic: Hey, Christians! Explain 1 John 5:7!  (Read 409 times)

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-21
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hey, Christians! Explain 1 John 5:7!
« on: July 23, 2014, 03:13:18 PM »
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." -1 John 5:7

1. Why don't the Jews believe this bullshit? And trust me . . . they believe some Goddamn bullshit.

2. Why the fuck "the Word"? Why the fucking stupid word-fucking-games?

3. Why the stupid fucking "and these three are one", unless you're trying to weasel-in some bullshit you pulled out of your ass? There isn't one Goddamn crumb of this bullshit in the Book of Genesis, even though Genesis has plenty of its own Goddamn bullshit.

I think I understand. God didn't want to bombard our asses with too much bullshit at once.
Enough with your bullshit.
. . . Mr. Friday . . . that post really is golden.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-444
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Hey, Christians! Explain 1 John 5:7!
« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:19:07 AM »
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." -1 John 5:7

1. Why don't the Jews believe this bullshit? And trust me . . . they believe some Goddamn bullshit.

2. Why the fuck "the Word"? Why the fucking stupid word-fucking-games?

3. Why the stupid fucking "and these three are one", unless you're trying to weasel-in some bullshit you pulled out of your ass? There isn't one Goddamn crumb of this bullshit in the Book of Genesis, even though Genesis has plenty of its own Goddamn bullshit.

I think I understand. God didn't want to bombard our asses with too much bullshit at once.

it's mentioned in the Old Testament. God says, "Let us make man in our image." The "us" refers to "Jesus." It's foreshadowing for the New Testament.

"The Word" also refers to Jesus.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +586/-21
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Hey, Christians! Explain 1 John 5:7!
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:26:02 AM »
The statement in the Old Testament about "making man in our image" was because the story originally referred to the Elohim, a group of gods which were pretty much human in appearance.  Saying that it referred to Jesus pretty much comes across as a retcon, and not a particularly well-conceived one.  The only reason it got any traction is because the Christians wanted to believe their religious beliefs were an improvement on Judaism.

The same process happened when Islam was founded; Mohammed originally was trying to reform Christianity, and when he was rejected, he and his followers wanted their beliefs to be an improvement on Christianity.