Author Topic: tbright asks what evidence would make atheists reconsider?  (Read 16272 times)

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
Re: tbright asks what evidence would make atheists reconsider?
« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2010, 12:30:45 AM »
Don't objectify me.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline Noman Peopled

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-1
  • [insert wittycism]
« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2010, 02:32:14 AM »
Velkyn, you have no idea. This book reads like a conspiracy novel that got gang-raped by the Necronomicon, a greek mythology textbook, and the bible, then got pregnant and tossed out something written by the hands of a man strung out on queludes.
What the hell are queludes? Nvm, looked it up. Methaqualone. The stuff I learn here ...

For what it's worth, I don't want to marry you or engage in sexual encounters with you. I like your for your posts, not your pheromones.

Also, this seems like one of those books that makes you feel really smart for figuring out what's wrong with it, and really stupid afterwards for having read it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 02:36:54 AM by Noman Peopled »
"Deferinate" itself appears to be a new word... though I'm perfectly carmotic with it.
-xphobe

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #263 on: November 05, 2010, 02:35:14 AM »
Velkyn, you have no idea. This book reads like a conspiracy novel that got gang-raped by the Necronomicon, a greek mythology textbook, and the bible, then got pregnant and tossed out something written by the hands of a man strung out on queludes.
What the hell are queludes?

Methaqualone as it is also known. It's a prescription drug that used to be used to treat anxiety and induce sleep. They were fairly easily abused back in the day.

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.

Offline Noman Peopled

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-1
  • [insert wittycism]
« Reply #264 on: November 05, 2010, 02:38:17 AM »
Eh. It shouldn't take me a minute to post a post and ten to edit.
"Deferinate" itself appears to be a new word... though I'm perfectly carmotic with it.
-xphobe

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #265 on: November 05, 2010, 02:42:50 AM »
What the hell are queludes? Nvm, looked it up. Methaqualone. The stuff I learn here ...

For what it's worth, I don't want to marry you or engage in sexual encounters with you. I like your for your posts, not your pheromones.

Also, this seems like one of those books that makes you feel really smart for figuring out what's wrong with it, and really stupid afterwards for having read it.

I'm glad to hear that you don't share other bizarre sexual fascination with me.

And no, believe me I didn't feel smart for figuring out what's wrong with it. I felt mentally violated. But I do feel stupid because I did it to myself. Uhhhhh, that probably didn't come out quite right in retrospect.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #266 on: November 05, 2010, 02:45:00 AM »
I don't know why I fell for it, it made sense at the time.

It sure did.

Quote from: knowledgereignssupreme at various times
.......the book mainly focuses on outlining the concepts of multiple mystery schools, and rationally explains the truth behind many of the myths of antiquity.......

You should definitely read that book, it really opened my eyes to the culture of religious worship and has some great information about the origins of the abrahamic religions,.......

.......The evidence is the writings of these "spiritual elect" throughout history and the culture of mystery religions. Read the book.......

.......read the secret teachings of all ages, it will provide the necessary background knowledge........

.......Have you read 'the secret teachings of all ages'? ..... Because if you haven't then of course your not going to understand my "baseless" argument........

.......read a book titled 'the secret teachings of all ages' by manly p. hall, it gives a great insight into the history of religous belief, and the underground forces behind the mainstream movements........

I don't think I've ever seen such a swift and dramatic conversion on this forum ever!

My sincere thanks to Alzael for taking the hit by reading the book.  I'll send you some bits of my brain to replace the ones that you burned out - do you prefer grey or white?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #267 on: November 05, 2010, 02:52:05 AM »
It's what you guys pay me for...... well ok you don't pay me, and I have to suffer through mind-scarring sexual imagery that will take me a legion of psyhiatrists to heal, but you're welcome all the same. But this time you guys owe me big, and I'll be bringing it up..... a lot.

Actually, even though it hangs the 'nerd' sign right over my head I actually like literary analysis. When theists and others like KRS post links to such things is where I finally start really taking an interest.

Offline Operator_020

• Graduate
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #268 on: November 05, 2010, 07:52:00 AM »
Since tbright is no longer here to tend his OP and since this is wildly off topic, I am turning out the lights.  It's been real.

Former Moderator Account