Author Topic: Re: You don't know Him  (Read 12141 times)

Offline pingnak

Re: You don't know Him
« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2010, 04:13:09 PM »
LOL.

Offline Operator_011

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-1
« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2010, 04:18:08 PM »
Hey, who hacked into my account, edited my last post and put "Moderator 11 smells" in there, making it look like I did it?

It must have been you, ping. It's a conspiracy I tell you.. a conspiracy to annoy me.  &)
Former Moderator Account

Offline pingnak

« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »
Yeah, I'm just all evil that way.

http://www.simplemachines.org/about/features.php
Banning
    * Ban members based on their username, email address, IP address or hostname.
    * Support of wildcards for email address, IP address, and hostname.
    * Include a ban reason (viewable for the banned user).
    * Include a ban note (only viewable by the admins).
    * Chose between full ban, 'no post' ban, or registration ban.
    * Include an expiration time for bans.

Given that list (which is more or less standard, and what I expected), I could be back online after a 'ban' with a new identity in no time.  

Not that I get banned from many places, but even when an online store disabled my login over some past credit card hiccup, it didn't matter (they had the lowest price, and I have no idea what their problem with my card was that was bad enough to prevent me from even logging in and using a different card, but I wasn't going to wade through the phone robots to figure it out).  I guess they never heard of someone with more than one credit card and email address before.  That particular instance had multiple things in my favor:
1. Whatever had happened, was years ago, and I had moved since then.  New address, new phone number.  Though I could have used a 'company' card with a business address to accomplish the same thing.  Or a PO box, or a mail forwarding service, or a friend or relative's address.  Short of a full credit check, I was one of hundreds of people with the same name in the U.S. alone.
2. I had more than one credit card.
3. I knew (more or less) how it 'worked'

It all added up to a unique, 'new customer' as far as their shopping system was concerned, so I was able to place my order, and they billed a different credit card and shipped my parts promptly.  And I smiled a wicked, evil little smirk.

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
  • The Forum is made of its members.
« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2010, 05:05:59 PM »
^^ Giving the mods forewarning that you're dishonest and wouldn't honour a ban from WWGHA.  Smart move.  &)
I've left WWGHA now, so do everyone else a favour and don't bother replying to my old posts and necromancing my threads.

Offline pingnak

« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2010, 05:26:30 PM »
They gots no cause to ban me.  Maybe delete a post now & then, but I'm easy.

Nah.  The problem is, if I was being evil enough to be banned, banning wouldn't work. 

Since I'm not evil enough to ban, banning would 'work', but it would be an arbitrary thing.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2010, 08:01:48 AM »
IMO, banning works since the staff does what they can to show they are active. Yep, anyone if they want to badly enough can circumvent the process. But if a Christain wants to put their immortal soul in danger for getting on to a forum, that's just an added bonus.  I'm all for having more examples on just how much Christains really don't beleive at all.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline pingnak

« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2010, 10:07:48 AM »
Who needs more examples?  Their fevered little brains are one big pinball machine full of metal filings.  They would 'justify' their deceit as necessary to 'save souls', who can suffer their madness just as they do.  No difference between them and junkies who want their friends hooked on the same junk that they are.