Author Topic: Re: You don't know Him  (Read 15741 times)

Offline tothesea

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
Re: You don't know Him
« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2010, 03:26:24 PM »
There you go again.  Wherever would you get the idea that I (or any of the other atheists here) think we're the center of the Universe?  Copernicus, Galileo and Kepler debunked that shit 500 years ago.  We know that, as far as the Cosmos is concerned, we are sub-microscopic organisms living on a dust-mote within a little puff of dust we call the Milky Way, among a hundred billion or more similar puffs of dust, and that the Cosmos is profoundly Not About Us.  You are the one who thinks that you are the crown of God's creation, the purpose for which the Cosmos was made, so that a hundred billion galaxies of a hundred billion (or more) stars each were forged to make your night sky pretty.  You really need to stop projecting your own attitudes onto us.  It doesn't help communication one bit.

I am just His humble, unworthy servant.  The truth is, anyone who displaces God puts himself in His place.  Your corruption is more subtle than you understand.  The very fact that you are so prolific in your blasphemous attitudes indicates your tremendous arrogance about your position in the cosmos.  If you were so live and let live and we're all so insignificant then you wouldn't partake in this ridiculous forum.  When I was agnostic, I considered atheists to be part of the intellectual dead pool and worse than any Christian.  Now, I am just sad that anyone could be so misled and be that arrogant about their views.  It's really quite amazing.

Once again, the problem is: unbelievers (and believers of different stripes) do not receive visions that match yours, or each other's.

Actually, they do.  Again, if you weren't so closed-minded and insular, and explored with an open mind the other side of the issue, you would see that many have gotten visions about the Lord, and I mean, the One true God, all very similar.  You can find them on the internet even.

And it happens to look exactly like the non-existence of a Kingdom of God.  So in what sense can it be "observed?"

What see is the lack within yourself.  If had life within yourself, it would be obvious.

Thump your chest and hoot a little louder, that'll make your beliefs true.

Is this your standard response to things you cannot refute or don't understand?

If God wanted to let Himself be proven by instruments, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.  He prefers to stay behind the scenes and let humanity come to its own conclusions.

And then (supposedly) brutally punishes us for eternity when we do so, thereby demonstrating his unconditional love.

Brutally punishes us for what?  This statement, in answer to my statement, makes no sense at all.  God does not want anyone to suffer, and has the door open.  You close the door, say F U God, I want nothing to do with you.  That's your choice.  So if you end up in Hell will you be surprised?  You didn't want to be with God..where else will you go?  This is exactly what I mean about atheists being logically inconsistent.  God loves you, whether you hate Him or not.  He won't force you to love Him.  You're rejecting Him, not vice-versa.

Oh, well, all right then.  My life demonstrates that no gods exist.  My Revelation, which happens moment by moment every second that I'm awake is of a Reality that is not haunted by Invisible Magic Persons of any sort--no angels, demons, djinn, faeries, gods, goddesses, burning bushes, talking snakes, wizards with magic powers, etc., etc., etc., and behaves--from the sub-atomic level all the way up to the cosmological--exactly the way a naturalistic Cosmos may be expected to behave.  The difference between my Revelation and yours: you have to live and operate according to my Revelation[1] if you want to do so much as cross the street safely.  You live in the same godless Universe I do.  You can present no evidence whatsoever that I will ever have any use for yours.
 1. Child is injured?  Call an ambulance!  Don't ever try to live according to Mark 16:18 or take Jesus' financial advice, etc..

Your life demonstrates your ignorance.  Your revelation, moment to moment, is that you are alone.  That's your choice.  You can shut the door.  It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.  The truth is that there is not one thing which has been Created which was not done through an act of will.  That anyone, regardless of belief, could not think there is something more going on than a static progression described by words and charts and numbers is incredible enough.  Your unbelief is actually evidence of how spectacular Creation really is.  :)

Thump your chest and hoot a little louder.  Maybe it'll make your beliefs true.

Repeat yourself much?
[/quote]

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2010, 03:36:10 PM »
You don't seem to know Him, either Tothesea.

But first, Why did you remove your OP?
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2010, 03:38:43 PM »
Actually, they do.  Again, if you weren't so closed-minded and insular, and explored with an open mind the other side of the issue, you would see that many have gotten visions about the Lord, and I mean, the One true God, all very similar.  You can find them on the internet even.

on the internets? why then it must be true.   &)  tothesea, you make a lot of assumptions about atheists, especially that none of us are open minded.  Of course, when you say open minded, you seem to mean "believe what I say, me only me!".  

And visions? Can you explain how visions of yoru god and of all of the other gods can be distinguished from the "real" ones and the fake ones? or as you'd probably put it "satanic" ones?  I'm guessing that anything that disagrees with your personal version of Christianity would always be "satanic".  It's usually the case for those who are sure that they and only they know what God "really" means.  
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2010, 03:39:23 PM »
See, god loves everyone, only you have to redefine love to include being invisible and acting like he's not really there. Kind of an absentee lover. And there is only one god, but people worship him all over the world as if he is different gods. Of course, all those people are going to hell for worshipping god in the wrong versions, even if that is the only version they have. Like not having the lastest version of Microsoft Word, they are doomed.

Many of us used to be Christians, sometimes very devoutly so,  but we have decided it was all bogus. We have not suddenly become evil ravenous murdering beasts. We are not hateful and arrogant and all those other things. Most of us are very nice, law-abiding people who take care of our families, help others, give to charity, work to make the world a better place, try to care for the earth and treat others as we want to be treated-- just without supernatural beings making us do it.

If we dumped god because we have been influenced by the devil, well, the devil was created by god and sent to trick us and help send us to hell. But remember, god loves us. Just like an abusive boyfriend who punches his girlfriend in the face to "keep her in line", he has a funny way of showing it. :P
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline TopolX

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-7
  • Back after a long mental illness.
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2010, 03:40:55 PM »
I'd also like you to answer my questions (quite a few posts back but still) Tothesea.
If I don't agree with anyone am I invariably wrong?

Offline tothesea

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2010, 03:59:02 PM »
Says the guy who worships before the image of a man being brutally tortured to death as an act of atavistic blood sacrifice.  Funny thing is, you believe that nihilism is true as far as reality is concerned, but if you pull the covers of Christianity over your head, you can hide from the Camus in the closet and the Sartre under your bed.  I think nihilism is bunk.  You're projecting, once again.

You came into this world empty and you seek to leave it the same way.  That's what nihilism is.  As far as the suffering Christ went through, it has nothing to do with pain.  The cross is about the resurrection.  Man brought death into this world and Christ liberated us from it.  You don't really understand the gospels so I don't think you should really ever speak about them.

And therefore, all those other people who believe other things (whether due to rational thinking or differing mystical revelations of their own) must not have asked sincerely and with an open heart.  Therefore, they deserve to fry forever.  Right?  The nasty memetic trick here is to substitute morality for accuracy.  We should believe in Christianity because if we don't we're "insincere" and have "closed hearts" (and are therefore naughty), not because we have determined that Christianity's claims about reality match the actual behavior of reality.  Our motivation is to be guilt rather than a desire to know the truth, whatever it might be.

The world is entirely misleading, as evidenced by the vicious circle of your belief system.  I picture the snake, eating itself, personally.  Justice will be served.  It is not wicked to not believe in God because you never received the message, nor is it wicked to deny God out of ignorance.  It is wicked to mislead others from the truth, not knowing it yourself.  This is the ultimate arrogance of atheists.  If you want to say religious people are insane for their beliefs, atheists must be even more so not even being able to lay claim to any particular revelation from any source other than their own perception, which is not sufficient to make a determination of that magnitude for themselves, let alone anyone else.  Atheism, whether God exists or not, is the ultimate delusion.  You have made your leap of faith my friend, right off the cliff.

Yes, absolutely.  Which is why we must subject all of our conclusions, no matter how "sincere" we are in wanting them to be true, to rigorous reality-testing and critical thinking.  If we want the most accurate understanding of reality possible, we need to take our most cherished, sincerely-held beliefs, and do our level best to prove them false (this includes engaging the arguments of others who reject our beliefs).  If our beliefs can consistently withstand every assault of reason and reality-testing (observation, experiment) that can be hurled against them, then we can have increasing confidence that they accurately model Reality.

In the face of the profound ignorance and limited faculties that is the human condition (as you correctly state above), what greater folly could there possibly be than to seize upon some subjective human experience as you do, and cling to it with unswerving dogmatism?

God has been thoroughly vetted, you could say.  The truth has been standing in front of us for time immemorial, and the testimony of billions is sufficient I think for at least a consideration.  It is only in this time of our "great" intellect have we forgotten everything of value.  We didn't throw the baby out with the bathwater, we drowned him knowingly.  

Oh, I quite agree that I ought not "rule out" the existence of your chosen deity, or anyone else's.  I should always be willing to accept and test new data as it comes in.  The confidence that I have in the non-existence of your deity comes from the fact that there is no evidence for its existence, and the evidence that does exist, contradicts the claims of Christianity and the Bible.  Reality is not "in a little box for study and dissection."  It is all around us, and utterly inescapable.  If the claims of someone's private revelation (whether it be a Biblical author, you, a Hindu yogi, a Sufi master, an Amazonian shaman, whoever) conflict with the public revelation of external reality, reality wins.  As Philip K. Dick put it, "reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." 

There is plenty of evidence, you have just chosen to ignore all of it because it doesn't fit your idea of what God *should* be like, rather than admit you couldn't comprehend it to begin with, so your shoulds really don't matter.  You cannot admit the fragility of your understanding, which doesn't amount to anything, and could at any time be washed out like a sandcastle awaiting high tide.  The revelation here is that you take a stand on nothing at all, closing your eyes and ears to the truth because it doesn't fit your ideas, rather than be open to any conclusion, regardless if it contradicts your precious understanding or not.  

I am absolutely open to the possibility that I might be wrong.  Are you?  Are you open to the possibility that your internal revelation might be deceptive, or in error?  I give you the Litany of Tarski:

If there is a Creator,
I desire to believe there is a Creator.
If there is not a Creator,
I desire to believe there is not a Creator.
Let me not become attached to beliefs I may not want.

And the Litany of Gendlin:

What is true is already so.
Owning up to it doesn't make it worse.
Not being open about it doesn't make it go away.
And because it's true, it is what is there to be interacted with.
Anything untrue isn't there to be lived.
People can stand what is true,
for they are already enduring it.

—Eugene Gendlin

If you were open to it, you wouldn't be an atheist.  You take a stand on faith, which is ironic don't you think.  I was agnostic, and wasn't going to change that position without direct evidence, which I received, and still receive, every day of my life.

Yes, but it means that we must have a methodology of testing the truth or falsehood of a belief.  "Just knowing it in our hearts" doesn't work, because people "just know" all sorts of contradictory things "in their hearts."  Thus far, the only methodologies that have actually, demonstrably worked for rooting out falsehood and converging on truth, are the methodologies of reason and the scientific method.

Scientific method is just a method, and certainly not the most superior one for obtaining truth.  The way physical reality works is really the least fruitful thing we could understanding.  Reality is spiritual in nature, and physicality is the lowest aspect of it.  There are better ways to know the truth, even in secular understanding.  What is the purpose of philosophy if not to say that science is inadequate?  We know the truth through human understanding, which branches into muc more than what is 2 + 2.  

And how did we find out the Earth wasn't flat?  Somebody's mystic revelation?  Reading the Bible?  Nope.  By applying the scientific method to develop a set of observational tests whose results would be one thing if Earth was flat, and another if Earth was round, then performing the tests and letting the Earth itself (i.e., external Reality) be the final arbiter.

Has nothing to do with the point.  The Creator of reality will be the final arbiter.

So your god would prefer to deceive us by arranging things so that Reality behaves as if he does not exist.  Why then, should we trust any subjective revelation that (allegedly) comes from such a deceptive god?

When you deal with God directly, you learn very quickly that He knows exactly what He is doing.  The revelation is enough for trust and love, but to try to comprehend what He does, even trying to comprehend a fraction of its enormity, is impossible.  The little I do understand is little indeed.

I can, if your truth-claims do not match the public revelation of Reality.  If your experience purports to validate a Christianity that requires belief in Biblical inerrancy (you have not stated this yet, so that may not be the case), and the Bible asserts that Satan could show Jesus all of the kingdoms of the Earth from the vantage point of a high mountain, then the existence of a spherical Earth would rule out the claim that your experience is a genuine Divine revelation.  It would also rule out the claim that "God," defined as an entity who, incarnate as Jesus, beheld all the kingdoms of the Earth from the vantage point of a high mountain, exists, since no such vantage point exists.  It would not rule out definitions of "God" that are compatible with a spherical Earth. 

You cannot disprove any of the thousands of other religions, or scientific Naturalism.  Nor can you rule out the revelatory experiences behind all of the other religions, or the Reality-experiences that are consistent with scientific Naturalism.

I wouldn't try to disprove the scientific method, since it is accurate for its purposes, but I would dispute many of its conclusions.  It is missing the point, but clearly it has applications in physical reality.  I also wouldn't try to disprove any religion, I would only say that One God created them All, for His own purposes, and we will all meet Him some day soon.  It's funny though that you think you could disprove my experience, and mention Satan in the same breath.  It's just a coincidence I am sure. :)

What about them?  BTW, science does not have to "explain everything" before the things that it does explain can make sense.  A blank spot on a map doesn't mean that you can draw in a sea serpent and write "Here Be Dragons," then smugly assert that dragons do, in fact, exist because you say so, and what you say is true because it's you saying it.  Arrogant git.

Pretty amusing stuff.  Im arrogant because I said science cant explain even the most basic, fundamental conceptions of existence, which it can't, and is therefore is unworthy as a cornerstone of belief, which it is.  It is just a methodology.  You have a lot of faith in your mother science, kcgrady.  Science is so full of holes I want to go grab some ham and rye.  If you feel that it's enough for you, well, that's your lack of curiosity and intellectual stagnation.  

etc etc etc

zzzzzz

Offline sammylama

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-1
  • Look at me and my bad self.
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2010, 04:04:45 PM »

I am officially just lurking for now.  But, why is this not getting an answer?
You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe.
--  Carl Sagan

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2010, 04:12:55 PM »
Pretty amusing stuff.  Im arrogant because I said science cant explain even the most basic, fundamental conceptions of existence, which it can't, and is therefore is unworthy as a cornerstone of belief, which it is.  It is just a methodology.  You have a lot of faith in your mother science, kcgrady.  Science is so full of holes I want to go grab some ham and rye.  If you feel that it's enough for you, well, that's your lack of curiosity and intellectual stagnation.  
science can't explain creation? why because it is imaginary concept that religious folk like to use as a cornerstone of their belief.

Offline TopolX

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-7
  • Back after a long mental illness.
« Reply #182 on: October 12, 2010, 04:16:09 PM »

OK I'm not standing by whilst someone remains this ignorant.

Initialization of the universe:- In a few short words it can be summarized by quantum vacuum, an energy in seemingly empty space caused by fluctuations at the quantum level, this energy eventually builds to the level of becoming mass and continued to do so until the big bang occured. This sent the matter and energy hurtling outwards at such temperatures quarks then atoms formed and so on and so forth.

Initialization of the Earth:- Caused by congragation of matter ejected from dying stars around our sun, stars being made from baser elements which eventually are crushed to becoming heavier elements through fusion. This mass orbited our sun until it formed the planets we see today. Our earth is actually believed to be a composite planet in that two slammed together to become earth with a huge chunk flying off into orbit to become the moon.

Initialization of Life:- At the kind of temperatures and with the mix of chemicals present billions of years ago life developed. At first it was a few base molecules which could share molecular information but continued to evolve to become viruses, single celled organisms, multi-celled organisms etc which eventually due to the fact a greater mix of DNA is advantageous developed sexual reproduction.

Initialization of Humans:- ~2 million years ago a species developed upright motion and this made it better at hunting. This increased meat consumption also increased brain power setting the forebares for humanity. Then through sexual selection (a bit like a peacock's tail) humans developed cognative functions at an alarming rate to become all you see here.

There, a brief summary of everything, find the holes in that.
If I don't agree with anyone am I invariably wrong?

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #183 on: October 12, 2010, 04:22:17 PM »
When you're ignorant, the holes find themselves.

She'll read what a creationist website tells her is a hole, repeat it over and over, then, when it is explained to her why the criticism is unfounded, and probably plain dishonest, she will lack the knowledge properly to understand why her assertion of the "hole" as fact, is retarded.

With tothesea, it seems to be a pattern when someone doesn't accept a bald and baseless assertion of hers, to immediately assume the point was misunderstood.

I don't think there is another option for the effusive ignorant fanatic. Scary stuff, really.    

About 5 posts left in the old girl.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2010, 05:04:58 PM »
tothesea, you are ignoring the fact that most of us used to adhere to beliefs like yours. I was raised in the most literal bible-thumping religion of all time, by some estimates. I challenge anyone to say they were more "Christian" than my family was when I was a JW. We ate, slept, breathed, lived and died by the bible.

If it was not in the bible, it did not exist, and that included dinosaurs, millions of year old fossils and physical anthropology. None of this fancy-schmancy scientific re-interpretation for us. Science was just a bunch of satanic lies. I believed it, although it did not make sense, because I did not know any other way to think.

I never had the god-smack of being hit upside the head with the true knowledge of god. However, I frequently had the reality-smack of trying to reconcile, say,  a giant dinosaur bone at a museum with "no dinosaurs in the bible". If dinosaurs were real, then the bible was wrong, and that just could not be. I went along with the Christian program because there was no other way. I think that is how many religious people are around the world. You don't really question your faith because what would replace it? You don't want to jump out into nothing, do you?

Now I have lived for a good many years, learned about other religions, other cultures, history, science and critical thinking. If god is all-powerful and really wants us to believe something, we would believe it. There would be no way around it, like there is no way around believing that the sun exists. If god wants it to happen, it happens, right? Case closed.

I know for a fact that much of what I was taught was magical nonsense, which explains why it did not make sense! Religion says that if it does not make sense there is something wrong with your faith. Well, I guess there was something wrong with my faith, then, because it did not survive critical analysis very long!

I have reality and no longer need supernatural beliefs to get me through the day. It is too bad that you still do. &)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Gordon Freeman

• Graduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • Car je gol! - Emperor has no clothes!
    • Ateizam
« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2010, 05:09:39 PM »
tothesea, you know nothing about life, about science, you are close-minded, arrogant, and delusional. You are scared of the world and you grip to your straw but you will drown. You are so afraid of the world that you hope to live eternally even there is no a slightest evidence for so called afterlife in heaven or in hell. The stories of Christianity are equal to bad movies from 80's. I laugh at you and your limited knowledge about the world you live in.

I don't need to back up my claims with any evidence because I am playing your game. But the difference is that I am right and you are wrong. You are just like a parrot who repeats what has been heard. You don't think for your self, and even if you do, you are not capable to make the right thought. This is not to insult you, this is what I concluded based on your answers. Your arrogance frustrates, but I laugh at you. I am worried that your stupidity might hurt someone, but your claims are too stupid for anyone to believe in them. But as Einstein said, human stupidity has no limits, so you might get few converts.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:12:17 PM by Gordon Freeman »
The bible is like our celebrity world: Beautiful from outside, but rotten from inside.
---me---

When you confront bible and logic, it is not logic that fails.
---me---

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2010, 06:06:33 PM »

I am officially just lurking for now.  But, why is this not getting an answer?

@tothesea

Don't think we're going to let you get away with this one. Explain why you removed your OP before you post anything else.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline tothesea

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2010, 07:25:12 PM »
When you're ignorant, the holes find themselves.

She'll read what a creationist website tells her is a hole, repeat it over and over, then, when it is explained to her why the criticism is unfounded, and probably plain dishonest, she will lack the knowledge properly to understand why her assertion of the "hole" as fact, is retarded.

With tothesea, it seems to be a pattern when someone doesn't accept a bald and baseless assertion of hers, to immediately assume the point was misunderstood.

I don't think there is another option for the effusive ignorant fanatic. Scary stuff, really.    

About 5 posts left in the old girl.

Are you ever going to emerge from the peanut gallery?

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2010, 07:44:27 PM »
I ain't threatened at all, I find it rather amusing that you forget that you erase the main post which is the topic of discussion and think it is a threat to the "community" when in fact it just shows how bumbling you are when it comes to using a forum and talking on the internet in general and maybe even reflective of conversations you have face to face.
it's time for a change, are you ready?

Offline Operator_011

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-1
« Reply #189 on: October 14, 2010, 09:24:38 PM »
I've split-off the ER discussion into its own thread and returned the original topic back onto the forum for the members to continue the discussion and respond to posts here, if they so choose.
Former Moderator Account

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +413/-5
« Reply #190 on: October 15, 2010, 04:53:35 AM »
Tothesea claims NOT to have changed the OP.  Further claims that the testimony is extremely important.  Would not change if re-written.

And yet....in the 3 or 4 days between the post changing....

TTS does NOT edit the OP back to how it was.
TTS does not (once having lost edit ability) mail a copy to the Mods to ask them to replace it.
TTS does not go loopy about their work being lost due to some outside intervention.

I've written posts, that I've then lost because my login session has timed out while writing.  And I've been "rather peeved"....to put it lightly.  But TTS seems to treat with remarkable equanimity not only the fact that his important post was lost, but also that fact that (he claims) SOMEONE DELIBERATELY DESTROYED IT.

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't all hang together for me.....particularly given that his later posts often contradict his OP.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Operator_011

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-1
« Reply #191 on: October 15, 2010, 04:20:48 PM »
I'm sorry to have taken away your new chewtoy, members, but tothesea has now been banned for persistent trolling.

Eleven.

Former Moderator Account

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
« Reply #192 on: October 15, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »
^^bummer  :'(
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
  • The Forum is made of its members.
« Reply #193 on: October 15, 2010, 04:24:22 PM »
^^ Ditto.  :'(
I've left WWGHA now, so do everyone else a favour and don't bother replying to my old posts and necromancing my threads.

Offline Operator_011

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-1
« Reply #194 on: October 15, 2010, 04:25:25 PM »
Sorry guys, it's a dirty job being the bad guy, but someone's gotta do it. ;)
Former Moderator Account

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +413/-5
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2010, 01:31:06 AM »
Quote from: tothesea on October 15, 2010, 09:01:27 PM
I know who edited my post, and I don't need to ask God about it.  Someone other than me.  Even the moderator of the ER acknowledged it was possible.  Someone on this forum, a spineless coward who couldn't meet me in debate, with access to accounts, erased my post.

Maybe so....  If TTS is still reading this, his god could tell him WHO did it....and the Mods could then have investigated.

IF his story was true that he didn't do it....and IF his god really answered him.

He won't dare ask the question though, because he knows full well he will get no answer.  Or if he DOES get an "answer", he knows that it will be proved false.  And then his whole carefully nurtured "belief" will come crashing down.

Frankly, I see HIM as the spinless coward, making extravagant claims about his relationship with his god that, when crunch comes, he is too scared to put to the test.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +171/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2010, 08:19:22 AM »
Liars for Jesus are a dime a dozen these days.

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2010, 08:37:36 AM »
Problem is we know too much about Him.
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline pingnak

• Reader
  • Darwins +34/-3
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2010, 03:48:17 PM »
Banned?  You can't ACTUALLY ban anyone.  The only kinds of people that 'works' on are honest people.  How many people do you 'ban' who are 'honest'?

How hard is it to make a fresh email address and sign up to a forum again and again, as most such trolls do?

So he'll come back as 'fromthesea' or 'christiandude' or 'samsonson' or whatever after a couple of days and start over, and it'll take at least a week to determine he's a troll (let alone the same troll).  Gods only know how many times he's been here under other names before.

Offline Operator_011

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-1
« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2010, 04:06:23 PM »
We have several detection methods at our disposal and you may be surprised at how many socks don't make it onto the forum because we catch them before they get a chance to post.
We can never stop all of them, but it isn't as easy as creating a new email addy.
Former Moderator Account

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +413/-5
« Reply #200 on: October 16, 2010, 04:06:44 PM »
So he'll come back as 'fromthesea' or 'christiandude' or 'samsonson' or whatever after a couple of days and start over.....

....and thus proving that he is a Liar for Christ!

Offline pingnak

• Reader
  • Darwins +34/-3
« Reply #201 on: October 16, 2010, 04:07:56 PM »
Yeah, you might have to reset your MODEM to get a different IP, too.  Or go to a different coffee shop.

Offline Operator_011

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-1
« Reply #202 on: October 16, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »
It doesn't matter anyhow, pingak, because we'll just edit out their posts (making it look like they did it, of course) if we don't like what they say.

As I'm sure you already know, we're all scared of the truth here.

;)

Moderator 11 smells.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 04:16:32 PM by Moderator 11 »
Former Moderator Account