Author Topic: NO!! [#469]  (Read 818 times)

Offline DL

NO!! [#469]
« on: September 27, 2008, 04:26:54 PM »

I don't believe how yo can say God is imaginary! it's disgusting!! how can you say such things. Look around you and see the creation, look everywhere, doesn't this tell you that there is a designer?? Are people that blind. Things do not form by blind chance and the Universe isn't the work of chance at all. Come on... as an intelligent person, you should know this!!! BELIEVE and you WILL be saved!! Don't say God is imaginary because he isn't!!

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Re: NO!! [#469]
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 04:33:22 PM »
We can say such things because there is no evidence for God whatsobloodyever.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Sota

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 04:35:45 PM »
Lol, this has to be one of my favorites.  And again, the language is on the poorer side.

Offline Codswallop

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Cod helps those who help themselves.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 04:36:05 PM »
What Patrick said!
"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."
             --Gene Wilder as The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles

Offline CodyTowner

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • The Lair
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:05:46 PM »
Are people that blind

I completely agree with you. I can not believe how blind people can be sometimes. I mean, come on! It is so obvious that the Earth is only 6,00 years old, and Adam and Eve chilled with Dinosaurs, and that there is a magical place in the sky to be happy and a bad bad place in the ground for evil. Oh, and it is also obvious that there is a super god, named God (how originally clever) floating around and watching us die. Damn, if only people could see!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 11:00:48 AM by CodyTowner »

A website for writers ^_^ (click the banner)

"Atheism is pissing in God's face" -paraphrased by random Mailbag writer

Offline Codswallop

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Cod helps those who help themselves.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 08:07:12 AM »
Thank you, Brother Cody. Now I believe.
"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."
             --Gene Wilder as The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 08:24:14 AM »
NO!!

YES!!
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline CodyTowner

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • The Lair
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 11:01:12 AM »

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 11:23:25 AM »

I don't believe how yo can say God is imaginary! it's disgusting!!

Why is it disgusting? It is merely stating the truth, why does that disgust you?

how can you say such things. Look around you and see the creation, look everywhere, doesn't this tell you that there is a designer??

No, quite the opposite actually, but then I do have a very slight understanding of geology and evolution and although I'm very far from being an expert, the evidence is conclusive.

Things do not form by blind chance and the Universe isn't the work of chance at all.

Correct, neither evolution nor the origins of the universe are the work of chance - they are, however, the result of observable phenomena. Where there are gaps in our understanding science is developing the theories and the experiments to confirm those theories which will fill in the gaps.

Come on... as an intelligent person, you should know this!!! BELIEVE and you WILL be saved!! Don't say God is imaginary because he isn't!!

Why should I know this, just by thinking it doesn't make it so - as any intelligent person would understand.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline tomthecool

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 02:14:59 PM »
Look around you and see the creation, look everywhere, doesn't this tell you that there is a designer??
"Look at God! Look how wonderful and complex he is! Doesn't that tell you he must have been designed by something??"

No, it doesn't. If God doesn't require a designer (even though he's very a complex being), then surely a (much simpler) universe doesn't require one either.

Your entire argument is based on the assumption of a designer.
Some say I am the cool Tom... others wouldn't.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 05:59:13 PM »
I don't believe how yo can say God is imaginary! it's disgusting!!

Why exactly does it disgust you?

Look around you and see the creation, look everywhere, doesn't this tell you that there is a designer??

When I look around I remark at how intricate and complex things can arrive from simple little processes!

And on a side note... If your god is so complex then who created him/her/it?  Your post hints that complex things have to be created.  God is complex so what created God?

Are people that blind.

Actually my eyes are more open then yours are. Religion is a blindfold pulled over your eyes to cover up what your preachers have withheld from you all these years.

Things do not form by blind chance and the Universe isn't the work of chance at all.

And no right minded, intelligent person would say that things happen by chance. Small steps my dear.  Nothing got here by "poofing" from mid-air.  It was all small, slow steps.

Come on... as an intelligent person, you should know this!!!

If you are an intelligent person I highly encourage you to do some reading or talk with us. If you are intelligent and open then you will see where we come from with all the problems of religions

Don't say God is imaginary because he isn't!!

I'm going to say it. God... is.... imaginary.  He is a fairy tale created by uninformed men thousands of years ago to explain what they could not see or what they did not understand.  Beyond all reason that fairly tale has carried through the years... even with our advances in science and understanding of our universe
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Introsis

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • It is because it must.
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 08:17:41 PM »
I look around seeing that flora and fauna together have just developed over time. people always comment, "Look at all the beautiful creatures and scenary! God exists!" proof by beauty? So should I say, proof by hideousness, look at the angler fish, and "Two Girls 1 Cup", God doesn't exist!
"In the vast, deep forest of Hyrule… long have I served as the gaurdian spirit… I am known as the Deku Tree." ~ Deku Tree, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Offline CodyTowner

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • The Lair
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 09:38:04 PM »
I look around seeing that flora and fauna together have just developed over time. people always comment, "Look at all the beautiful creatures and scenary! God exists!" proof by beauty? So should I say, proof by hideousness, look at the angler fish, and "Two Girls 1 Cup", God doesn't exist!

You heathen! Two Girls One CUP is a GIFT FROM THE HEAVENS* :P

*Heavens meaning the random evolution thus causing natural selection to prefer s**t-eating lesbians over our ancestral apes

Offline Introsis

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • It is because it must.
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 10:26:35 PM »
You heathen! Two Girls One CUP is a GIFT FROM THE HEAVENS* :P

*Heavens meaning the random evolution thus causing natural selection to prefer s**t-eating lesbians over our ancestral apes

*barf* lol Good to see it has satisfied someone...
"In the vast, deep forest of Hyrule… long have I served as the gaurdian spirit… I am known as the Deku Tree." ~ Deku Tree, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Offline Shakaib

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 06:24:28 AM »
This person sounds very angry  >:(

Offline Sota

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 09:35:50 AM »
This person sounds very angry  >:(

They often do.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 01:45:52 PM »

I don't believe how yo can say God is imaginary! it's disgusting!! how can you say such things. Look around you and see the creation, look everywhere, doesn't this tell you that there is a designer?? Are people that blind. Things do not form by blind chance and the Universe isn't the work of chance at all. Come on... as an intelligent person, you should know this!!! BELIEVE and you WILL be saved!! Don't say God is imaginary because he isn't!!

I don't believe how yo can say Vishnu is imaginary! it's disgusting!! how can you say such things. Look around you and see the creation, look everywhere, doesn't this tell you that there is a designer?? Are people that blind. Things do not form by blind chance and the Universe isn't the work of chance at all. Come on... as an intelligent person, you should know this!!! BELIEVE and you WILL be saved!! Don't say Vishnu is imaginary because he isn't!!
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Shakaib

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 10:42:32 AM »

I don't believe how yo can say Vishnu is imaginary! it's disgusting!! how can you say such things. Look around you and see the creation, look everywhere, doesn't this tell you that there is a designer?? Are people that blind. Things do not form by blind chance and the Universe isn't the work of chance at all. Come on... as an intelligent person, you should know this!!! BELIEVE and you WILL be saved!! Don't say Vishnu is imaginary because he isn't!!

LOL, I laughed at this one!