Author Topic: Giant Crystal Cave (Holy ****)  (Read 14208 times)

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
Re: Giant Crystal Cave (Holy ****)
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2008, 06:25:32 AM »
You are honest regarding your statement of belief.  You are slimily dishonest with regard to how you treat that belief.  Are you implying that I left out a 4th answer that was also honest?  If so, please state it.

I reject your definition of what you call honesty. I am not being honest. If you cannot see that, as I am sure you cannot see a lot of things, then do not waste your time talking to me.

Are we clear?

Perfectly clear.

Dude, just admit that it's a baseless belief that holds no weight and has no evidence.  Be open and honest.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 06:52:13 AM by Azdgari »
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • That's right. A red X. yaaay.
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2008, 09:57:06 AM »
Dude, just admit that it's a baseless belief that holds no weight and has no evidence.  Be open and honest.

Not from my point of view.
You can't prove it either way so you have to make a choice.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2008, 10:13:36 AM »
If it's dependent on your point of view, then it's subjective, and therefore baseless.  It's an opinion with no grounding in fact.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2008, 10:47:46 AM »
If it's dependent on your point of view, then it's subjective, and therefore baseless.  It's an opinion with no grounding in fact.

Subjective is all I need for myself Azgardi. Faith is a personal thing. My relationship with God is a personal one. I have nothing to prove to you, even though you may think that I do. Even if you did recieve some subjective evidence of your own, for you alone, you would probably dismiss it.

Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant. You of course, will not like this answer.

It's like this Azgardi. It is not a requirement that I prove to you that God exists even though you may think the opposite.

I do not answer to you Azgardi.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2008, 10:51:06 AM »
I know it's not baseless inside your own skull.  I, however, along with the rest of humanity, do not reside in your skull.  To everyone else on Earth, your assertion is baseless.

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2008, 11:02:33 AM »
To everyone else on Earth, your assertion is baseless.

This is the biggest lie on this thread.  There are all kinds of folks on this Earth that agree with my assertion.

Just not the ones like you. Also, this forum is a poor representation of how most of humanity thinks, even though you may be diluding yourself into thinking the opposite. 

You are in the minority and never forget that, even though your ego obviously blinds you to this obvious fact.

Does obviousness elude you?  To me it obviouslty does.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2008, 11:08:01 AM »
This is the biggest lie on this thread.  There are all kinds of folks on this Earth that agree with my assertion.

I didn't say they wouldn't agree.  I said your assertion would be baseless to them.  That doesn't stop people from agreeing.

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2008, 11:13:54 AM »

I didn't say they wouldn't agree.  I said your assertion would be baseless to them.  That doesn't stop people from agreeing.

You see, you miss my point. There are those who have had the same or extreemly similar subjective experiences as I have.

To them it is not baseless. To me it is not baseless. To you, well I can see how it could appear that way.

Look, I am not trying to argue with you here as of now. I am just trying to explain myself to you.

Offline Goodkat

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • A man's delusion is insanity, a nation's, religion
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2008, 12:25:03 PM »
Once a decision is made, it cannot be changed.
This seems to be the part of your observation of free will that makes it look logical. The problem is, if the timeline already exists before us, then the decision is already made, and was already made before we existed, and Who is the only One to exist before any of us to make that decision?
Thinking to hard about it is a trap.
I hear this a lot, it is a thought terminator. The only time a person can over-analyze something is when they take into consideration variable which have no effect on the thing they are analyzing. Thinking hard about something is the key to understanding it, just assuming you understand it without thinking about it is the key to being wrong about it and thinking you're right.

Somedays I have doubts about my faith, and everytime I do, I have really bad luck. This concept keeps me thinking though. It blows my mind. Strengthens my faith.
I usually don't like to delve into other people's psychology because many find it offensive and presumptuous, but to me the most likely cause of this is because you "know" that you are doing something wrong by doubting your faith, therefore you "know" that you should be punished, which can result in you noticing bad things more often and possibly even inflicting punishment on yourself via your subconscious purposely making you behave in a self destructive manner without you noticing.

The only things that are truly predetermined by God the Creator are such things as the formation of these beautiful crystals throughout time.

According to chaos theory(or chaos fact as I would call it) if we have free will then this is not necessarily true, because a human could have chosen to do something that would have prevented their formation.

Yes. Everything is in order untill a human does something to mess it up. However, your idea would only work if a human had the opportunity to do so.

Man, that is a really misanthropic statement! Everything is in order until a human does something to mess it up? Then again, 2 years ago I would have said that same thing. Now that I don't see myself, and other humans as worthless monsters deserving of some kind of eternal punishment, I am a much happier and more optimistic person. Think about this, if every member of a group makes the exact same mistake under all kinds of different circumstances, can they really be blamed for that mistake? I honestly don't think it's fair to blame humans for human nature.

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2008, 12:40:38 PM »
Man, that is a really misanthropic statement!

Not really. Humans make mistakes and mess up. Usually due to their own level of arrogance in which we all have a little bit of in one degree or another.

A misanthrope is a hater of man. I cannot really hate mankind without hating myself now can I.

I do not hate mankind in general but society as a collective annoys me a bit. Politics, and other bullshit.

Relax.

Offline Goodkat

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2008, 12:55:07 PM »

Not really. Humans make mistakes and mess up. Usually due to their own level of arrogance in which we all have a little bit of in one degree or another.

A misanthrope is a hater of man. I cannot really hate mankind without hating myself now can I.

I do not hate mankind in general but society as a collective annoys me a bit. Politics, and other bulls**t.

Relax.
From my personal experience, Christianity indoctrinates a kind of misanthropy. Basically the only thing that gives humanity worth, according to the Bible, is God's love for them. This is how many people are guilted into conversion, myself included. You are convinced that you and everyone else is a worthless horrible ungrateful monster, then you are told that God loves you and made a huge sacrifice for you in spite of that. It never crosses most people's mind who is responsible for you being a monster...

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2008, 01:37:56 PM »

I do not hate mankind in general but society as a collective annoys me a bit. Politics, and other bulls**t.

Relax.
From my personal experience, Christianity indoctrinates a kind of misanthropy. Basically the only thing that gives humanity worth, according to the Bible, is God's love for them. This is how many people are guilted into conversion, myself included. You are convinced that you and everyone else is a worthless horrible ungrateful monster, then you are told that God loves you and made a huge sacrifice for you in spite of that. It never crosses most people's mind who is responsible for you being a monster...

Actually I do not see humanity as "monsters" but as imperfect. Biblically God is perfect and we are not.

Biblically it is humanity who listen to temptation and disobeyed perfection. We defied perfection. That's not God's fault, it is ours, in the biblical sense.

Also people can very well be monsters of a sort.

Offline Goodkat

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2008, 01:46:38 PM »

Relax.
Actually I do not see humanity as "monsters" but as imperfect. Biblically God is perfect and we are not.
Biblically it is humanity who listen to temptation and disobeyed perfection. We defied perfection. That's not God's fault, it is ours, in the biblical sense.
Also people can very well be monsters of a sort.
Imperfection alone cannot, in the minds of most people, warrant hellfire, thus the believer adopts a very pessimistic view of humanity to justify their horribly over reactive punishment, as evidenced by:
Everything is in order untill a human does something to mess it up.

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2008, 02:03:44 PM »
Well biblically that is why Christ died for our sins. So our sins could be forgiven by perfection.

Offline Goodkat

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2008, 03:03:55 PM »
Well biblically that is why Christ died for our sins. So our sins could be forgiven by perfection.
And that is the final part that guilts people into conversion.

Offline Goodkat

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2008, 03:06:16 PM »
BTW, I want 2 hear your opinion on these

This seems to be the part of your observation of free will that makes it look logical. The problem is, if the timeline already exists before us, then the decision is already made, and was already made before we existed, and Who is the only One to exist before any of us to make that decision?
I hear this a lot, it is a thought terminator. The only time a person can over-analyze something is when they take into consideration variable which have no effect on the thing they are analyzing. Thinking hard about something is the key to understanding it, just assuming you understand it without thinking about it is the key to being wrong about it and thinking you're right.

Somedays I have doubts about my faith, and everytime I do, I have really bad luck. This concept keeps me thinking though. It blows my mind. Strengthens my faith.
I usually don't like to delve into other people's psychology because many find it offensive and presumptuous, but to me the most likely cause of this is because you "know" that you are doing something wrong by doubting your faith, therefore you "know" that you should be punished, which can result in you noticing bad things more often and possibly even inflicting punishment on yourself via your subconscious purposely making you behave in a self destructive manner without you noticing.

Offline Ananukia

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I wear no mask.
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2008, 03:14:19 PM »

So god is powerless to forgive us, he needs blood.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
        Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
    Where flap the tatters of the King,
    Must die unheard in

Dim Carcosa.

Offline Goodkat

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2008, 03:18:13 PM »

This is MY CONVERSATION! You heretical khorne worshipers go back into the warp!

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2008, 08:04:17 PM »

Well look at it this way, if the Trinity is a true thing, then it was God Himself who felt every lash of the scourge, the driving of the nails and hung there untill He was dead.

He basically tortured himself for the sins of mankind. To me, thats quite awesome of Him. I respect that.

Offline Ananukia

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I wear no mask.
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2008, 09:08:01 PM »

Well look at it this way, if the Trinity is a true thing, then it was God Himself who felt every lash of the scourge, the driving of the nails and hung there untill He was dead.

He basically tortured himself for the sins of mankind. To me, thats quite awesome of Him. I respect that.

Omnipotent being of the universe had to endure a few nails and whipping, Boo hoo.

That might be worth something if he was not in a eternal paradise now and forever, whilst still condemning people to hell.

From my point of view, jesus did absolutely nothing at all.
    Must die unheard in

Dim Carcosa.

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2008, 09:26:25 PM »

Wrong.

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2008, 09:27:29 PM »

Omnipotent being of the universe had to endure a few nails and whipping, Boo hoo.

That might be worth something if he was not in a eternal paradise now and forever, whilst still condemning people to hell.

Actually He taught us the way to etarnal paridise. Reject it if you wish. It is your choice.

Offline Ananukia

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I wear no mask.
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2008, 11:03:44 PM »

Actually He taught us the way to etarnal paridise. Reject it if you wish. It is your choice.

So no one else got to heaven before him? Then your god is a douche still.
    Must die unheard in

Dim Carcosa.

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2008, 11:39:44 PM »

Actually on judgement day Christ comes back to judge the living and the dead.

Your comment shows how much you lack knowledge on the subject. Also, douche is the insult of a child.

How is God a douche now? Oh you want to be an asshole in life and get away with it and if you do not, God must be a douche right?

typical.

Offline Goodkat

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2008, 12:42:32 AM »

Wrong.
Oh come on man, you have to give me something better than that! How am I supposed to reply to just "Wrong"? Put some work in it ya lazy bastard :P

Offline Ananukia

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I wear no mask.
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2008, 11:37:47 AM »

Actually on judgement day Christ comes back to judge the living and the dead.

Your comment shows how much you lack knowledge on the subject. Also, douche is the insult of a child.

How is God a douche now? Oh you want to be an asshole in life and get away with it and if you do not, God must be a douche right?

typical.

Ok, jesus died for our sins...right? That means two things.

A) No one is going to go to hell
or
B) Jesus still died, yet god still wants to be worshipped, and if you don't worship him you will go to hell regardless of jesus, thus changing nothing.

Which one is it?
    Must die unheard in

Dim Carcosa.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2008, 12:21:35 PM »

or
B) Jesus still died, yet god still wants to be worshipped, and if you don't worship him you will go to hell regardless of jesus, thus changing nothing.

Which one is it?

Well, there is a third option; ^^

C) There was no Hell before Jesus showed up.

^^.  If religious texts that talk about afterlife have anything to do with reality, which they don't.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2008, 12:32:14 PM »

or

Which one is it?

Well, there is a third option; ^^

C) There was no Hell before Jesus showed up.

^^.  If religious texts that talk about afterlife have anything to do with reality, which they don't.

Wow. You provided an anti-christian Jewish site. Way to go Jew! Keep the faith!    ;D

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2008, 01:25:29 PM »
Wow. You provided an anti-christian Jewish site. Way to go Jew! Keep the faith!    ;D

And yet, you have no response ... is it A, B, C, or Dodge?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer