Author Topic: Greatly appriciated [#483]  (Read 394 times)

Offline DL

Greatly appriciated [#483]
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:18:25 PM »

Thanks for some great videos.
Keep up the fantastic work.

It's very nice to see and hear that I'm not alone about being a competent critic of the christian dogma. Personally I respect peoples choice, if they choose to believe in God - but the matter of the fact is that for the majority it's indoctrination. It's a shame, to be honest - because so many great minds go to waste - and so many people waste their freedom in caving to a malevolent dogmastic rule - which is the churc.

From my experience the American people seem to be much more religious that where I come from, Denmark - a small country in the northern Europe. But this has also led to my personal observation about the lack of religion and the people reacting to such.

Denmark is all in all supposed to be a Lutherin Christian country, very losely though.
But in general, it seems the lacking religion amongst the danish people leaves a void. A void that can only be filled by adopting new beliefs - popmodern, political or even scientifical beliefs that are often being defended with the same biased ignorance as alot of the religious debaters, I've had the doubtful pleasure of meeting. I still think the general concensus of this is, the belief system is still embedded too deep in our general conscience and we will act here after, until we atleast evolve somehow.

But my primary question is - Did the christians choose to be a christian or were they raised as one?

The answer is quite obvious.

I apologize for my long message :)

Have a nice day/night - whatever the times is where you are.

Sincerely
[name]

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Re: Greatly appriciated [#483]
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 08:39:26 PM »
But my primary question is - Did the christians choose to be a christian or were they raised as one?

I think in most cases, they were raised as one.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
Re: Greatly appriciated [#483]
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 11:54:18 PM »
Welcome, Denmark

Yes, America is a very religiously influenced state, majority Christian. My personal observations are that most children are brought up in the same religion, often the same church with the same pastor, as their parents.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.