Author Topic: Response to "Proving that the Bible is repulsive" [#482]  (Read 317 times)

Offline DL

Response to "Proving that the Bible is repulsive" [#482]
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:16:17 PM »

You got it all wrong. No one said americans need to keep the Sabbath. Jews do! They do not be to be "lined up and shot". Christians are just morons who think that G-d chose them too and pretend to be Jews... when they're not. They do not need to keep the Sabbath.

Again with idolatry. Although I'm not encouraging christians to do it, this is not a command to them. The whole Bible was written for the Jews, not for the Christians.

The, proves 3-5 you call INNOCENT to those who are ungrateful, adulterers and homosexual? INNOCENT? That is the best word you could come up with. Seriously man.

I will not defend the "New" Testament, because I do not believe in it.

Just because nowadays people have changed their minds, gone insane and stupid doesn't mean that the Bible is repulsive. That is just your perspective because that's how you were raised. Are you saying that gay people do right? Are you saying that so do drinking minors? What about adulterers? If your answer to all this is YES it must be because you are every single one of them, because otherwise you'll never have brought them up, and that's why you think it's right.

I hope one day you have the merit to set your mind straight.

All the best,

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Response to "Proving that the Bible is repulsive" [#482]
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 08:37:11 PM »
Please do not take this as an insult. I mean it quite earnestly.

Your comments are unfocused and exhibit a lack of stability as well as overt aggression.  I am probably not the first person to mention this, so take this as yet another piece of confirmation that you should seek help before someone -- or yourself -- ends up hurt.

Good luck on your journey.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 08:38:12 PM »
The whole Bible was written for the Jews, not for the Christians.

News to me and, no doubt, lots of Christians.

The, proves 3-5 you call INNOCENT to those who are ungrateful, adulterers and homosexual? INNOCENT? That is the best word you could come up with. Seriously man.

So you think they should be killed?  Because it's what you're implying.

Furthermore, it also orders the deaths of people who work on Sundays and rebellious teenagers.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 11:50:18 PM »

Then what would you call them? Since the opposite of innocent is guilty, what are they guilty of?  Oh sure adulterer's might have some sexual flings but homosexuals (men or women) what are they guilty of? Of acting how they feel and attracted to people they are attracted to? Are they guilty for just being their selves?

Just because nowadays people have changed their minds, gone insane and stupid doesn't mean that the Bible is repulsive.

Days and people might have changed... but if the bible was written by God "Himself" he is still the same god that ordered all the senseless violence in the "Holy Book."

Are you saying that gay people do right?...If your answer to all this is YES it must be because you are every single one of them,...

I hope one day you have the merit to set your mind straight.

You seem to have quite the problem with homosexuals.  Why is this? Do they creep you out or disgust you?  Why?  Only a few years ago I use to be the same way. I was disgusted by homosexuals.  Then one day in psychology class a homosexual man had to introduce himself and give his ideal date. Of course he said a man's name and everyone instantly started whispering and talking about him.  Right there in the middle of about 50 students the teacher also had a small chuckle.  I could just see his face and how nervous, anxious, and how uncomfortable he was.  Right there I thought, "My gosh, is this what I'm like?" I was disgusted at myself because I used to do the exact same thing that I was now in awe of.  Ever since then I've change 180 degrees.  Sorry for the anecdote, just popped out and I'm tired.

Overall to you I will say this: What is wrong with being a homosexual, male or female?  It's a simple question really. Why are you disgusted by them and then make the assertion that if a person believes they do nothing wrong, that person is gay him/her self.  Hasty generalizations like that worry me.

As you said I hope one day you set your mind straight.  I don't know what you've been taught about some people in this world... but obviously religion has done it to you.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.