Author Topic: Adulterer Dating Website: Most members are Christians  (Read 65 times)

Mrjason and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +67/-0
  • IXNAY
Adulterer Dating Website: Most members are Christians
« on: Yesterday at 11:54:03 AM »
Anyone surprised?

Adulterer dating website: Most of our members are Christians — ‘it is incredibly ironic’

The website IllicitEncounters.com said there are more than ten Christian adulterers for every one atheist.

“It’s incredibly ironic that atheists are more faithful than Christians,” Claire Page, spokesperson for Illicit Encounters, said. “It proves the argument that what some people perceive as immoral – like adultery – isn’t increased by the lack of spiritual guidance. If the only reason you don’t kill someone, or steal, or covet thy neighbor’s wife, is because it tells you not to in the Bible, to me, that’s a lot more worrying.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/adulterer-dating-website-most-of-our-members-our-christians-it-is-incredibly-ironic/
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +220/-8
Re: Adulterer Dating Website: Most members are Christians
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:05:19 PM »
Of course they are.  I could have told you that.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +68/-23
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 12:53:33 PM »
Funny this thread should come up today. At work, this married lady is having an affair with a married co-worker. Another girl asked, "Is Good Friday next Friday already?" The adulteress responded, "Yes! Don't you ever go to fucking CHURCH?"
Enough with your bullshit.
. . . Mr. Friday . . . that post really is golden.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +139/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:57:28 PM »
I guess the "forbidden fruit" is more tempting when the stakes are higher... (hellfire vs. just getting caught.)
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +1058/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 01:18:04 PM »
And god is everywhere, always watching. Right. We atheists manage to behave without any supernatural help. And those Christians, with the most powerful being in the universe supposedly providing guidance and assistance, can't keep their hands off other people's spouses...

Isn't that one of the major sins, listed in the Ten Commandments that they want to post in courtrooms? Maybe motel rooms would be a better place. Or the backseat of cars.  &)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +415/-102
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 01:59:17 PM »
That's why it should be in Courthouses: so the hypocrisy can be pointed out...ALL THE TIME.

-Nam
I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

-Nam

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +111/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 02:01:08 PM »
Funny this thread should come up today. At work, this married lady is having an affair with a married co-worker. Another girl asked, "Is Good Friday next Friday already?" The adulteress responded, "Yes! Don't you ever go to fucking CHURCH?"

sounds like she coudl be a minister at "Fucking Church"

Quote from: nogodsforme
Isn't that one of the major sins, listed in the Ten Commandments that they want to post in courtrooms? Maybe motel rooms would be a better place. Or the backseat of cars. 

or tattooed on the tops of wife's heads BOOYAH
Organized religion is simply tribalism with a side order of philosophical wankery, and occasionally a baseball bat to smash the kneecaps of anyone who doesn't show proper deference to the tribe's chosen totem.

~Astreja

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +1058/-6
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 02:12:45 PM »
Or on the guy's you know what, so when he is just about ready to commit the sin, there is the commandment, right in their faces, big as life. I suppose it would have to be done in glow in the dark ink... ;)

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +139/-6
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 02:16:47 PM »
Or on the guy's you know what, so when he is just about ready to commit the sin, there is the commandment, right in their faces, big as life. I suppose it would have to be done in glow in the dark ink... ;)

Maybe print it on condom boxes or even on the condoms (in raised print).
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +1058/-6
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 02:59:02 PM »

Maybe print it on condom boxes or even on the condoms (in raised print).
Raised print for added [guilty] pleasure? Isn't one of the main attractions of adultery for the religious the fact that it is forbidden in their religions? I mean, why else would so many Christians be doing it?

They aren't sneaking around in motel rooms under fake names, secretly eating bacon-wrapped shrimp. Unless that's what the kids are calling it these days. I suspect that is why they are so against taking the stigma away from gay relationships. Where would the dirty fun be for the Ted Haggards of the world if nobody cares who you ride the baloney pony with? 

I still can't get over how they can do this stuff with almighty god watching, when they would never do it in front of any ordinary human witnesses.   :?

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +139/-6
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 03:02:28 PM »

I still can't get over how they can do this stuff with almighty god watching, when they would never do it in front of any ordinary human witnesses.   :?

They must truly buy into the whole forgiveness of sins bit.   :o