Author Topic: CF: Do you think it's Christian to own guns?  (Read 188 times)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +155/-7
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
CF: Do you think it's Christian to own guns?
« on: November 21, 2015, 09:43:25 AM »
Seems this woman believes that she (and/or Jesus) caused an insurance company to stop placing ads on television:

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +297/-8
Re: CF: Do you think it's Christian to own guns?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 12:47:45 PM »
Why does she want to tie Jesus up?  Is this some kind of Christian kinky shit?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +155/-7
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 02:00:01 PM »
She's from Australia, so maybe Aussies are kinky or they just use words differently -- like rubbers. At least the kinky version makes sense -- it's a way to be one with Jesus ...

I've been a member of that forum for a long time (with one member name or another) but haven't really visited there for a few years. I keep getting email notices about new threads, so today I decided to join in on the fun.

Here I am wading into the pool of Confederate flag-waving, Second-Amendment-loving, baptist bible-thumpers:

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Online frogkids35

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +23/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 09:12:27 PM »
It's neither Christian or non- Christian to own guns. Both kinds of people hunt. Some to feed their families, some for sport, some for both. Its just a way of life for some people.
If you're talking about guns people own solely for "protection", that's more of a gray area. One could argue a lot of verses from the bible to turn the other cheek and to take no thought for the future, making it seem unchristian to be making plans for self- defense. But in true Christian fashion, they get around this by telling us what god really thinks: that he gave us a brain for a reason and it would be sinful to not protect our family or all the "blessings" that good has given.

Offline alpha480v

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 07:45:59 PM »
It is non Christian to own a concealed carry pistol permit in my opinion.

Guns were invented for warfare to make killing the enemy easier. Sure they have other uses like target practice, hunting, collecting, etc.

But killing is the primary design purpose of a gun.

A true Christian will believe in the 10 commandments and not kill. A true Christian will turn the other cheek and ask God through Jesus name to protect them from harm.

A true Christian may own a firearm for hunting or target practice, but never would they ever consider using it to harm another person.

A true Christian will live as though Christ was in them and do like he would have done.

Fake Christians own guns for protection. Is it because "God" can't protect them? Or is it that there is no "God"?

How would I know? I used to be born again. Then I saw the light and realized that religion is all bullshit.

Offline fringe

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-14
  • Free Spirit
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 07:56:24 PM »
guns are bad. it gives certain people huge self-esteem. they kill people. doesnt matter if they are cops, soldiers or gansters or your everage joe. when confronted you will take your gun and you will fire, standing your ground. in the absence of that gun your mind would have forced your body to take a different route, which would rarely end in someone getting killed.

Offline The Gawd

• Reader
  • Darwins +118/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 10:15:19 AM »
I would say it is christian. A gun would simply be the modern day equivalent of the sword jesus came to bring.