Author Topic: Rich People Can Go To Heaven  (Read 49 times)

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +53/-0
  • IXNAY
Rich People Can Go To Heaven
« on: Yesterday at 12:05:58 PM »
So says Pat Robertson and the guy who's book he is promoting...

Financial guru Dave Ramsey: Jesus was wrong to say rich people can’t go to heaven

The biggest one I get from folks based on their political agenda, and not really their biblical knowledge, is that if a camel can’t get through the eye of a needle, then a rich man can’t get into heaven,” Ramsey said...the Bible “is not inconsistent” and actually promoted the accumulation of wealth...

It says the diligent prosper, and that means if you’re diligent and work hard and save your money, you’re going to have some money,” Ramsey said. “That’s a simple thing, and you haven’t done something wrong, and that doesn’t pre-empt you from heaven, and to say that is heresy.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/financial-guru-dave-ramsey-jesus-was-wrong-to-say-rich-people-cant-go-to-heaven/

There you have it folks - if old Pat says it's Biblical, then it must be so!
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
Re: Rich People Can Go To Heaven
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:31:29 PM »
Well, that'll show them liberals not to take Jesus on his words.  Who do they think they are, trying to follow the words of Jesus himself?  It's like they're trying to abide his instructions or something.

In all seriousness though; I have to wonder, what use do they think money[1] will have in heaven?  What advantage do they think they'll be getting? 
 1. presumably, the dollar is the standard of currency in heaven
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +53/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 01:20:40 PM »
With the Bible, all things are possible...

1 Timothy 6:10:  For the love of money is the root of all evil.

Ecclesiastes 10:19: A feast is made for laughter, wine makes life merry, and money is the answer for everything.
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 01:48:51 PM »
Isn't is amazing how they can manipulate the bible when it fits their needs.  Good thing too because Pat is a very rich man.  And he came by every penny honestly.

Yet, they commend gay marriage (which Jesus said nothing about) as something that cannot be questioned or changed.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 02:16:38 PM »
The Bible is a long rambling collections of stories by multiple people in purple prose. It can, has, and will be used to justify almost anything. Both sides of the American Civil war used Biblical justifications, just as an example.

The Bible is just a Rorschach test with political implications.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.