Author Topic: JTW's Claim About Moral Absolutes and God - Will He Stand By It?  (Read 4391 times)

Offline bahramthered

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
Re: JTW's Claim About Moral Absolutes and God - Will He Stand By It?
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2009, 01:31:05 AM »

Bahramthered,

You should not have addressed his post until he explained how he arrives at the idea that the Ten Commandments represent an absolute moral code.  The problem is that until you get HIS reasoning and HIS evidence, when he later reneges, you won't be able to close the trap on him.  The position he is taking here is a big-time loser, and he will not be able to avoid being trapped, but you HAVE to set the trap before you spring it.  As it is, you may win the debate this way, but you allow retreat, and ultimately, you will allow him to explain his defeat away instead of altering his examination of the evidence he put forward himself.  Have patience, please.

Your not gonna get him your way. He's just gonna keep repeating himself. "Their absolute morals because god wrote them."

Now I've placed him a nice double bind. He either looks at my post and gets angry, offended, deterimed to correct enough and actually rebunks a point letting either of us spike the ball back into his face or

He sits back and says nothing and looks even dumber for not actually saying anything. It's easier to say no a blank question than a spefic. So I'll ask a specific since he didn't take the bait of the last post. So;

JTW[/] Where am I wrong in my break down of the commandments. What makes me incorrect?

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2009, 11:24:28 AM »
Your not gonna get him your way.

I didn't start this thread to lose to a broken record.  Why don't you let me SHOW you how I intend to get him?

Offline bahramthered

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2009, 06:25:22 PM »
Your not gonna get him your way.

I didn't start this thread to lose to a broken record.  Why don't you let me SHOW you how I intend to get him?

A: You don't lose to broken records, you batter yourself sensless.
B; You got 7 responses on the record. I tried to knock a new one lose.
C; I'm not your pet. I don't obey you.
D; He seemed to have ignored me anyway.
E: If you don't want anyone else on either side playing ask the mods to give you two a private thread to debate him. I'm told they do that if asked.
F: You missed the line of inquiry he gave you in the last exchange. I wonder if maybe he just gave you your point? I'd have used it but someone else has my attention.

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2009, 06:34:22 PM »
None of that addresses the point.  You have to get them to explain WHY they say something.  It's not just a matter that they back up their assertions.  It's also so that when they try to retract, you can use their own explanations against them.  That's why he's not responding to me.  Because he knows that his point is weak and any elaboration he does is just digging his own grave.  If you go too fast, you may score a point with the choir, but you're letting him off easy.  I prefer to draw out the quotable line from their own explanation and then beat their argument to death with it.  That's why I started this thread, so you jumping ahead of me is essentially derailment.  The formal debates section was just dissolved; otherwise, I'd have put this thread in there.

Offline bahramthered

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2009, 07:35:05 PM »
And that is why I lay obvious traps. I want them to see it coming, I even leave them an obvious escape plan (besides refusing to answer).

Who here plays to the choir? I like hitting theists hard. If you think the surface questions I asked are the end game your delusional. They're chum. Sometimes tasty sometimes not. I've been reading JTW for a while. I predicted his answer. I wanted it. Then my real questions where gonna start. Assuming he didn't completly answer off the wall and/or out of character.

In that case I might have tried for surface damage just because it's better than nothing. I deconverted a minister largely on surface damage.

But hey, you wanna keep trying for the choke slam, perfect proof, or whatever you want to call it have fun. You where getting the tape recording. JTW weither he knows it or not took one of our baits. Before this I was wondering if the hook was set enough to draw the next question and land a real blow. But thanks DaveDave. Now we both lose since this puts us back to the orginal thread at best. And you could have done this via PMs.

If you have to have a walk through of my plan PM me. I got yours. Demand exact answers, which theists hate to give. Then use their statement to hang them with either direct contradictions or evidence. You wern't getting statements. I don't know who got the lead here but I know who blew it.

BTW: You could have completly ignored me since the prey did so as well.

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2009, 08:30:14 PM »
If you have to have a walk through of my plan PM me. I got yours.

Not interested.  If you have something you want to do, maybe you should start a thread.  Don't invite me, though, because I might be tempted to fuck yours up like you fucked mine up.

Offline Sebster51

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2009, 08:39:40 PM »
Setting people up as prey? You two sound like something out of the predator movies the way you guys fight trying to "deconvert christians." If you honestly make believers lose their faith then they never had strong ones to begin with. If you dont care what people believe in then why try to convert them? You treat life like its a game. You guys need to get a life, seriously.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +301/-32
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2009, 10:06:59 PM »
Deconvert?  When did you get the idea that that was the goal here?  JTW is a master of the disingenuous.  He's at the bottom of the barrel with Steward.  The purpose of this thread is more for the fun of beating him around for his own stupidity than it is for deconverting anyone (which isn't what most of us try to do here anyway).
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline bahramthered

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2009, 11:58:40 AM »
Sebster; I'm not trying to deconvert anyone. To me it's an amusement. And the hunter/prey metaphors seem to be something I picked up from the guys I work with (all they talk is hunting and football). I must admit it fits my debate style.

Davedave; I still don't get how I specifically "fucked" your thread up, other than calling you on your hissy fit. I have a thread going; go get venagnce.

edit;added this.

My dad just told me I reffered to my mom as "the target" while planning her suprise party. I'm starting to suspect I've lost it when it comes to this hunter mentality. -shrug- "

"Sanity. What a worthless thing. Why would I ever want something like that?" -Kepachi Zarki, Beach
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:57:09 PM by bahramthered »

Offline JTW

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2009, 01:37:32 PM »
Deconvert?  When did you get the idea that that was the goal here?  JTW is a master of the disingenuous.  He's at the bottom of the barrel with Steward.  The purpose of this thread is more for the fun of beating him around for his own stupidity than it is for deconverting anyone (which isn't what most of us try to do here anyway).

Which you've yet to do.

Also, where I come from you should have proof of accusations like being "disingenuous" instead of just slinging words around. I am if anything, always straight up. You may pragmatically call that delusional, but not disingenuous.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +301/-32
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2009, 01:38:54 PM »
Well, why don't you demonstrate your claim for this thread?  You've yet to do so, opting merely to assert it instead.  That's disingenuous behaviour right there.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline bahramthered

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2009, 01:52:32 PM »
Or respond to the challenges to your source.

Offline JTW

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2009, 06:26:36 PM »
Well, why don't you demonstrate your claim for this thread?  You've yet to do so, opting merely to assert it instead.  That's disingenuous behaviour right there.

What is the question? Prove God is absolute?

Offline Atheist_Convert

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2009, 06:47:49 PM »
I am if anything, always straight up. You may pragmatically call that delusional, but not disingenuous.

Oh the irony.

Offline bahramthered

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2009, 05:50:56 AM »

How about you prove that god's commands are moral. Or the commandments are.

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2009, 12:36:01 PM »
Davedave; I still don't get how I specifically "fucked" your thread up, other than calling you on your hissy fit. I have a thread going; go get venagnce.

I told you that you were leaping ahead of where I wanted to go.  You wanted to spring the trap that I laid before I did.  I asked you to desist and you threw the hissy fit, telling me that you weren't my pet.  I don't want vengeance, you tard.  I want you to stop springing my traps that I am carefully laying in threads I am starting.  I'm sorry you're so insecure that you see that me trying to make you my pet.