Author Topic: GOOD JOB FELLOW ATHEISTS  (Read 460 times)

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-102
  • just given the dog a bone
GOOD JOB FELLOW ATHEISTS
« on: March 19, 2015, 10:52:29 PM »
Way to show them Christians how love is done.  Thanks for all the sympathy over the death of my friend.

Hell at least the Christians on FB told this proud atheist how sorry they were. 

Please start to prove that atheists are more loving than Christians.  It's the only way to change people's minds. 

Either that or quit bitching because there's too much religion in the world.
LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER...ALBERT EINSTEIN

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +104/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
Re: GOOD JOB FELLOW ATHEISTS
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 11:16:01 PM »
Junebug, if you're expecting genuine sympathy from a forum of relative strangers who only know each other (with very few exceptions) over the internet, you are going to be disappointed. This is principally a debate / discussion forum. We have subforums for support, and I have expressed my sentiments to you and others there, where and when it is appropriate.

You're being unrealistic if you expect sympathy on tap whenever you want it.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-102
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 08:24:33 AM »
Wright,

Why not?  Is sympathy such a hard thing to give?

No holding grudges is so much better.

I won't to win the fight against religion.  That will not happen if atheists don't start proving love w/o gods.  I can do that all day long with the exception of 5 days a year. :laugh:

The religious don't understand complicated thinking.  They understand kindness.  They fear death.  They know they are capable of being MONSTERS.  My reference to the life story of Leigh Wornous. 

They're perception of LOVE is fucked up.  That's what they need.  A lesson in Humanism. 

hu·man·ism

noun

an outlook or system of thought attaching prime importance to human rather than divine or supernatural matters. Humanist beliefs stress the potential value and goodness of human beings, emphasize common human needs, and seek solely rational ways of solving human problems.
LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER...ALBERT EINSTEIN

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-102
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 08:32:06 AM »
-100 for she's the jolly good shellow. 

I'm the water and I flow right over your head.

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-102
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 08:36:20 AM »
This is principally a debate / discussion forum. We have subforums for support, and I have expressed my sentiments to you and others there, where and when it is appropriate.

I have 2 threads in the Support section. ;)

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +104/-1
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 10:29:17 AM »
^^^So you do. Why not start this one there, then, or in Chatter? Or is this thread really about how atheists need to provide an example of sympathy to any theists who wander by?

If so, then why start it with what seems like, frankly, whining about not getting enough attention? I have expressed sympathy to you in the past because I sincerely felt it, not because you demanded it.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +347/-35
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 10:32:49 AM »
I for one wasn't following the thread in question, so I missed the tragic detail revealed in it.
Please don't pull out the faith-as-science card on me.  If you are gun virgins, admit it.   Your entire body of knowledge comes from the news and statistics.

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +683/-19
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 11:29:23 AM »
If you wouldn't mind a suggestion....

You generally catch more flies with honey.

Also, not everyone notices stuff like this.  I've been in a big hullabaloo in a thread and it's taking up most of the attention I put into this forum.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +344/-41
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 04:20:57 PM »
I saw the thread. Didn't say anything because I suck with words and was afraid of making it worse.
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, Son of Fire, Sol Invictus.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +438/-107
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »
I saw the thread. Didn't say anything because I suck with words and was afraid of making it worse.

I see this thread. Have no idea what nonsense she has in her OP but going by the comments sounds like she's whining, as usual, as attention seekers do.

Personally, I think everyone should have her on ignore. But...that's just me.

-Nam
Things I've said here:

I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

I may believe people, as a whole, should be treated fairly but I also believe those same people are idiots.

Online eh!

• Fellow
  • Darwins +173/-56
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 06:03:53 PM »
I am the water that flows over...whatever.
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +127/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 09:17:37 AM »
Didn't see the thread but, you have my sympathy.   I'm going through something similar with a close family member and haven't been online as much.  All the best to you.
You can't spell BELIEVE without LIE...  and a few other letters.  B and E and V and I think E.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +64/-11
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 09:24:43 AM »
I just looked at the calendar living in Boston and it's almost June. All the snow still Bugs me.... We have easily "72" inch piles everywhere.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:49:50 AM by DVZ3 »
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-102
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 06:57:08 AM »
^^^So you do. Why not start this one there, then, or in Chatter? Or is this thread really about how atheists need to provide an example of sympathy to any theists who wander by?

If so, then why start it with what seems like, frankly, whining about not getting enough attention? I have expressed sympathy to you in the past because I sincerely felt it, not because you demanded it.

I AM NOT A THEIST , I HAVE CONVERTED.  GODS ARE IMAGINARY, THE WORLD SUCKS, EVERYBODY NOT JUST THEIST. 

I'm not demanding anything.  I am offering my atheist opinion on how I think the religious battle should be won.

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-102
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 07:00:03 AM »
I am the water that flows over...whatever.

Yes I can flow over that too.   :laugh: 

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-102
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 07:08:08 AM »

I see this thread. Have no idea what nonsense she has in her OP but going by the comments sounds like she's whining, as usual, as attention seekers do.

Personally, I think everyone should have her on ignore. But...that's just me.

-Nam

That's what makes you an assh#%!  The biggest kind of attention whore there is. 

asshole
    noun ass·hole \?as-?(h)?l\
Definition of ASSHOLE

usually vulgar :  anus
a usually vulgar :  a stupid, incompetent, or detestable person

Go ahead and keep bragging because I'm laughing my ass off everytime you brag about your ass-holism. 

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-102
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 07:14:46 AM »

You are a writer?  Not good with words?  Good luck with that. :?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +344/-41
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 07:17:42 AM »

You are a writer?  Not good with words?  Good luck with that. :?

It's an expression, but thanks for the vote of confidence. >_>
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, Son of Fire, Sol Invictus.

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-102
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2015, 07:45:41 AM »
I for one wasn't following the thread in question, so I missed the tragic detail revealed in it.

You never check in on the Personal Advice and moral support section?

They are the threads.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +347/-35
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 07:59:12 AM »
I read the first part, about dealing with your slumlord.  You seemed to be getting the support and advice you needed, and there wasn't anything helpful I could have added to that.

It didn't occur to me that "dealing with a slumlord" would some day become a thread about someone dying.  Should it have?
Please don't pull out the faith-as-science card on me.  If you are gun virgins, admit it.   Your entire body of knowledge comes from the news and statistics.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +104/-1
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2015, 01:22:37 PM »
I AM NOT A THEIST , I HAVE CONVERTED.  GODS ARE IMAGINARY, THE WORLD SUCKS, EVERYBODY NOT JUST THEIST. 

I'm not demanding anything.  I am offering my atheist opinion on how I think the religious battle should be won.

I understand that you're an atheist now. Do you really not see how a thread where you start off complaining about a lack of response to a personal loss is seen as demanding? People start threads about various topics all the time; what will engage the interest of our little community here is beyond any individual's control.

But it's a pretty rare thing to see a thread-starter, even in the Support section, taking offense at a lack of response, and starting an entirely new thread about specifically that topic. That just makes it look like you're interested in gratifying your ego, not getting genuine sympathy.

Some of us do empathize with you and have expressed our support. But in this thread, you started off disappointed with the forum as a whole, as if you expected a clear majority to sincerely sympathize with you. That's a pretty unrealistic expectation to have of a group like this.
--Marcus Aurelius

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +438/-107
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2015, 01:50:30 PM »
I have never empathized with her, and never will. How can anyone empathize, in my opinion, with a taker and never a giver. All she wants is everyone's empathy and support. She never gives it. Never gives it.

She's more callous than I am.

And that's saying something.

-Nam
Things I've said here:

I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

I may believe people, as a whole, should be treated fairly but I also believe those same people are idiots.