We had a stressful couple of days...were on vacation in Florida for a little over a week for our 30th anniversary, and due to fly back to Connecticut late-ish Monday evening. By the time Southwest Airlines issued a travel advisory entitling us to reschedule, there was almost nothing left earlier in the day, and we preferred to be able to get home ahead of the storm if possible. Finally found a flight through Chicago which was due to get in at 4:30 pm. Booked that. Incoming flight was delayed, leaving us 20 minutes to sprint to the opposite side of the airport for the connecting flight, not even knowing whether it would end up being cancelled or not.
As it turned out, we were the last plane which actually landed in Hartford that evening, then had to get our car, drive 1/2 hour to my parents' place to pick up the pets they had been watching and another 1/2 hour to our house, which is at the top of a hill in a pretty rural neck of the woods.
Luckily we picked what turned out to be the best route to the top of the hill (there are 4 different ways to access our street...much as it's very rural, it is also very convenient to a hub of highways, and is a good short cut between them if you know it's there), and made it home around 7:30 that evening.
Ended up with about 28" of snow. Our street is still in pretty rough shape, so I'm glad I don't actually need to go anywhere for a couple of days.