Author Topic: What are your thoughts on George Soros?  (Read 227 times)

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +284/-107
  • Let's talk about Love
What are your thoughts on George Soros?
« on: November 16, 2016, 06:22:28 AM »
First off how did I miss this conspiracy theory?  I'm not smart enough on my own I need your help.  WTF?  Is this the owner of the DNC and the Koch brothers own the RNC?  I'm so disenchanted right now.  Dare I say overwhelmed.

It's not that I don't agree with the Black Lives matter movement or gay rights.  I am gay.  The man himself appears to me to be an atrocious person.  This guy is hurting atheism IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeM_l5mkyYc
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 06:30:37 AM by junebug72 »
Belief in a cruel god makes a cruel man...Thomas Paine

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +543/-53
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: What are your thoughts on George Soros?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 06:39:45 AM »
When I looked up his name, I thought he'd be an old white man. I was not disappointed.
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, son of Fire and Light, Sol Invictus.

Religions need books because they don't have gods.

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +284/-107
  • Let's talk about Love
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 08:56:15 AM »

Offline ThatZenoGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-24
  • Residential Sexy Anthro Goddess
    • Spacebattles Account.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 10:37:26 PM »
Some old rich dude...

Don't know him, but I usually don't care much for such people.

I'd need to know what he did/does.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +419/-5
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 12:53:13 AM »
Donald Trump without the humility.

I think the Christians are going after him because he's a Jew. His response to confiscating Jewish property at the age of 14 wasn't too telegenic, but he's honest.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be bleedn obvious.

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +284/-107
  • Let's talk about Love
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 04:37:19 AM »
Some old rich dude...

Don't know him, but I usually don't care much for such people.

I'd need to know what he did/does.

I left 2 videos.  The first one in the OP is some right wing conspiracy theory.  I don't think there was a bad org. on their list but they make it look like he/we are trying to get rid of God.  If I was a Christian I would not vote democrat after watching that and many others...Hillary is a killer.  Pay to play, etc.. 

The second is an interview with him.  He is one of the top 20 richest people in the world.  He broke the bank of Europe and devalued the dollar in Russia.  He called himself amoral in regards to how he does business and moral for his philanthropy.  I think he is very strange.

In any case the Christians done went and lost their minds and voted for a very non-christian fellow.  I have to admit I hope it's the nail in the coffin.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +419/-5
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 08:45:56 AM »
Bill Gates forced this pile of shit operating system full of malware on everyone, then he retires and becomes a saint. Soros just integrates his shittiness at the same time.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be bleedn obvious.

Offline ThatZenoGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-24
    • Spacebattles Account.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 09:55:49 PM »
Eugh, Windows 10 is a piece of shit...

Thank god there's thirdparty software which rips out all the trackers and bloatware.

Honestly, is there a single super rich person who isn't a piece of shit in at least one major way?
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +284/-107
  • Let's talk about Love
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 07:26:48 AM »
Bill Gates forced this pile of shit operating system full of malware on everyone, then he retires and becomes a saint. Soros just integrates his shittiness at the same time.

I must live a sheltered a life because I'm just now getting to know him.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +419/-5
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 08:37:12 AM »
Eugh, Windows 10 is a piece of shit...

Thank god there's thirdparty software which rips out all the trackers and bloatware.

Honestly, is there a single super rich person who isn't a piece of shit in at least one major way?

Not sure if you can blame Gates for anything past Vista.

Offline ThatZenoGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-24
    • Spacebattles Account.
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 03:48:40 AM »
Not sure if you can blame Gates for anything past Vista.

So we can blame him FOR vista?

Oh god.

He's literally Hitler then.

Offline The Gawd

• Reader
  • Darwins +137/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 04:59:55 PM »
Never really heard of buddy till this cycle which they blame him for unrest in the streets. The unrest is real believe me. The only thing that stops me from joining is that I have no delusion that peace works.

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +284/-107
  • Let's talk about Love
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 07:03:08 AM »
Never really heard of buddy till this cycle which they blame him for unrest in the streets. The unrest is real believe me. The only thing that stops me from joining is that I have no delusion that peace works.

I think there are a few examples.  Gandhi led a peaceful revolt and so did Martin Luther King.  I'm ashamed to say I don't remember their names but so did the women that protested for the right to vote and own land.

I'm afraid peaceful resistance is the only kind of resolve that is sustainable, IMHO.

Offline The Gawd

• Reader
  • Darwins +137/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 03:07:14 AM »

I think there are a few examples.  Gandhi led a peaceful revolt and so did Martin Luther King.  I'm ashamed to say I don't remember their names but so did the women that protested for the right to vote and own land.

I'm afraid peaceful resistance is the only kind of resolve that is sustainable, IMHO.

That is what the powers would like you to believe. There were people fighting and dying in India. Gandhi got all the press though. Here in America there was the very real threat of violence from certain groups. The pushing of non-violence among these groups is an attempt to subdue the movement all together. If peace worked you would see our troops doing sit ins in Afghanistan. Guess what you don't see...

https://kurukshetra1.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/no-non-violence-didnt-free-india-from-the-british-empire/

Throughout history I cannot recall a single non-violent revolution or successful struggle for rights. The lionization of non-violence only in my opinion hampers such movements. Look at the North Dakota pipeline now. Look at the actual results of King's movement. Compare that to the French Revolution or even the American Revolution. If I was an oppressor I would want my victim to be non-violent as well.

Don't think that I am promoting violence either, but I am advocating for a Malcolm X "by any means necessary" policy.

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +284/-107
  • Let's talk about Love
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 05:28:28 AM »

That is what the powers would like you to believe. There were people fighting and dying in India. Gandhi got all the press though. Here in America there was the very real threat of violence from certain groups. The pushing of non-violence among these groups is an attempt to subdue the movement all together. If peace worked you would see our troops doing sit ins in Afghanistan. Guess what you don't see...

https://kurukshetra1.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/no-non-violence-didnt-free-india-from-the-british-empire/

Throughout history I cannot recall a single non-violent revolution or successful struggle for rights. The lionization of non-violence only in my opinion hampers such movements. Look at the North Dakota pipeline now. Look at the actual results of King's movement. Compare that to the French Revolution or even the American Revolution. If I was an oppressor I would want my victim to be non-violent as well.

Don't think that I am promoting violence either, but I am advocating for a Malcolm X "by any means necessary" policy.

Thank you for the knowledge Gawd.  Gandhi was a bad example.  When innocent not violent protesters are falling victim to violence then public outcry saves the day.  I can think of two examples.  The steel workers at Carnegie steel were shot dead by Pinkertons for protesting cruel work hours and dangerous work environment without offering more money to them.  Four young black men walk into a diner in NC where a sign hung "Whites Only".  They did not swing as several white men I think Law Enforcement was involved too IIRC and the public outcry moved civil rights forward for Black Americans.  These are the bravest men I know of. 

Malcolm X would have gotten a lot more people killed.  They want you to give them a reason to shoot you down to the ground.  A small militia of protesters against the weight of the military.  Whoa just whoa!  It scares me real bad.  I have a son.

If I was an oppressor I'd want the enemy to be violent so I could reciprocate.  I don't care about my army and I just want to destroy you.

http://history1800s.about.com/od/organizedlabor/a/Homestead-Strike-1892.htm

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:36:29 AM by junebug72 »

Offline The Gawd

• Reader
  • Darwins +137/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 11:30:39 PM »

Thank you for the knowledge Gawd.  Gandhi was a bad example.  When innocent not violent protesters are falling victim to violence then public outcry saves the day.  I can think of two examples.  The steel workers at Carnegie steel were shot dead by Pinkertons for protesting cruel work hours and dangerous work environment without offering more money to them.  Four young black men walk into a diner in NC where a sign hung "Whites Only".  They did not swing as several white men I think Law Enforcement was involved too IIRC and the public outcry moved civil rights forward for Black Americans.  These are the bravest men I know of. 

Malcolm X would have gotten a lot more people killed.  They want you to give them a reason to shoot you down to the ground.  A small militia of protesters against the weight of the military.  Whoa just whoa!  It scares me real bad.  I have a son.

If I was an oppressor I'd want the enemy to be violent so I could reciprocate.  I don't care about my army and I just want to destroy you.

I understand the idea behind non violent protest, but that is exactly the problem. Non violent protesters shouldnt be falling victim to any violence, but they do. Movements for rights need to be more than just a "damsel in distress" situation where people come in and save the day. Oppressors need to know there are consequences for their actions.

For example right now I know police are absolutely on edge and worried about being the victim of an ambush. It makes them think about their actions. When they pull that trigger they better be right because the people have clearly grown tired of the police killings. And I love it.

As for your example about the Civil Rights movement, I outright reject that it was effective. I acknowledge that it changed laws, but the movement has not come close to achieving its goals. When you look at the condition of a large segment of the Black population it is awful. If there were consequences for actions then my opinion is that we're better off. MLK's method of begging for a seat at a table when they don't want you there is absurd at the very least. Really think about that.

Now I understand the risk involved. Actually I had this very discussion with my mother a few weeks back because I had finally decided to tell her about my most recent incident a few months back with the police pulling guns on me again. She worries that I am going to get killed, and I had to explain to her that I am not afraid of that, but I am afraid of not standing up for myself. And I reminded her that they killed King too. So non violence is certainly not a force field from getting killed.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +419/-5
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 12:21:51 AM »
All too scared to go to hell. Oppressors like opponents who won't kill, due to fears of karma or something.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +248/-32
  • I find your lack of hate disturbing.
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 12:40:48 AM »
As far as I can tell, Soros is to the Democratic Left as the Koch Brothers are to the Republican Right. 
When I criticize political parties or candidates, I am not criticizing you. If I criticize you, there will be no doubt in your mind as to what I am saying.

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +284/-107
  • Let's talk about Love
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 04:17:08 AM »
As far as I can tell, Soros is to the Democratic Left as the Koch Brothers are to the Republican Right.

Can you imagine being a right wing conservative and watching that video i posted in the OP?  It sounds like Obama says he's Muslim and quickly corrects himself to christian.  Trust me some people don't know you can doctor up pictures and videos.  I had several people proudly sharing a picture of Hillary and Osama Bin Laden shaking hands on FB. 

I don't see a group he supports that I don't.

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +284/-107
  • Let's talk about Love
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 04:43:54 AM »

I understand the idea behind non violent protest, but that is exactly the problem. Non violent protesters shouldnt be falling victim to any violence, but they do. Movements for rights need to be more than just a "damsel in distress" situation where people come in and save the day. Oppressors need to know there are consequences for their actions.

For example right now I know police are absolutely on edge and worried about being the victim of an ambush. It makes them think about their actions. When they pull that trigger they better be right because the people have clearly grown tired of the police killings. And I love it.

As for your example about the Civil Rights movement, I outright reject that it was effective. I acknowledge that it changed laws, but the movement has not come close to achieving its goals. When you look at the condition of a large segment of the Black population it is awful. If there were consequences for actions then my opinion is that we're better off. MLK's method of begging for a seat at a table when they don't want you there is absurd at the very least. Really think about that.

Now I understand the risk involved. Actually I had this very discussion with my mother a few weeks back because I had finally decided to tell her about my most recent incident a few months back with the police pulling guns on me again. She worries that I am going to get killed, and I had to explain to her that I am not afraid of that, but I am afraid of not standing up for myself. And I reminded her that they killed King too. So non violence is certainly not a force field from getting killed.

I never meant to give the impression non-violence is a force field.  I know it's not.  Men got killed 9 I think unarmed men got killed at Carnegie Steel.  My point is the public reaction from innocent men dying is what eventually moved labor laws forward.

I'm a lesbian I've been begging for a seat at the table for a long time.  Some people will let you sit down and some people won't.  If I kill them I'll never sit there.

Dawg I'm so deeply sorry that happened to you.  You know what I've been man handled by the cops when I should have just cooperated.  On a separate occasion I was tossed around like a piece of popcorn on the trip home from King's Mnt after my suicide attempt in 2015.  The sheriff drove 50 mph in a 35 mph zone on a dragon tail mnt rd.  There were no seat belts to hold me down.  I had to use my right arm that has lymphodema in it to hold myself there for an hour and a half.  I begged him to slow down.  It may have been 2-3 months later I hear the news about the black guy that died from that shit.  The cop driving was black. 

I know there are some systemic reasons for black poor neighborhoods but there also has to be some personal accountability, IMHO.  There are very good reasons dominoes won't deliver to the "Hood".  It's a violent place.  Even in small cities like my Asheville.  It's been glorified by gangsta rap and gangsta movies. 

My take on trigger happy cops is they are afraid really really afraid and should not be cops.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 04:45:38 AM by junebug72 »

Offline The Gawd

• Reader
  • Darwins +137/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 06:30:27 AM »
I never meant to give the impression non-violence is a force field.  I know it's not.  Men got killed 9 I think unarmed men got killed at Carnegie Steel.  My point is the public reaction from innocent men dying is what eventually moved labor laws forward.

This is what I am against. People deserve to be safe and have rights regardless of whether the "public" comes to their aid. Doing it this way creates extra victims AND makes it so if there is no violence perpetuated then there hypothetically is no issue. They could have let marchers march/protesters protest and did nothing then the public never steps in and the laws never change. Then what do we have?

I'm a lesbian I've been begging for a seat at the table for a long time.  Some people will let you sit down and some people won't.  If I kill them I'll never sit there.

How has the begging been working? Let's make the analogy more literal. Let's say I bring you to my house for Thanksgiving. But when you arrive I make it clear that you actually aren't welcome in my home and I don't let you eat at the table with the rest of the family and friends instead I put you in the basement and feed you scraps. Would you really beg us to be able to come eat at the table with us?

Dawg I'm so deeply sorry that happened to you.  You know what I've been man handled by the cops when I should have just cooperated.  On a separate occasion I was tossed around like a piece of popcorn on the trip home from King's Mnt after my suicide attempt in 2015.  The sheriff drove 50 mph in a 35 mph zone on a dragon tail mnt rd.  There were no seat belts to hold me down.  I had to use my right arm that has lymphodema in it to hold myself there for an hour and a half.  I begged him to slow down.  It may have been 2-3 months later I hear the news about the black guy that died from that shit.  The cop driving was black. 

Sorry to hear about your experience as well. However, we don't need to keep being sorry that this happens. Something just needs to be done about it. Right now people are doing something, and yes they're dying in doing so, but it is working. They have the "good cops" starting to speak out because they're afraid of being killed. Once they start taking action it will be better. The race of the cop is actually inconsequential.

I know there are some systemic reasons for black poor neighborhoods but there also has to be some personal accountability, IMHO.  There are very good reasons dominoes won't deliver to the "Hood".  It's a violent place.  Even in small cities like my Asheville.  It's been glorified by gangsta rap and gangsta movies. 

Those conditions existed before 'gangsta rap' believe me. If the conditions for 'gangsta rap' didn't exist there wouldn't be 'gangsta rap'. To attempt to blame an artform for the failure of public policy and the results of centuries of societies failures doesn't take the issue seriously. Of course people have to take personal accountability for their actions, but that doesn't address the actual reality that we are looking at the results of past policies. There is no getting around that. Just because some token people make it out clearly doesn't mean it is likely.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/us/harder-for-americans-to-rise-from-lower-rungs.html

this is an article about economic mobility. Researchers show that it simply isn't likely that one changes their position. So if you start at the bottom the chances are that you remain on the bottom. And poverty is the cause of violence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwood,_Tulsa#The_Black_Wall_Street

This is a wiki on Black Wall Street, it is an example of what the country did when people were actually becoming successful and moving up. No one ever talks to the oppressors about "personal accountability" you never hear about the police cracking down on these people, the people who took selfies at scenes of lynchings didn't seem to be worried about prosecution or being held accountable. Really, imagine how life would be different here if they were. That's why even though I agree with personal accountability, I still laugh it off as an argument.

My take on trigger happy cops is they are afraid really really afraid and should not be cops.

Agreed, they are scared and should not be police. But say there's two or more police on the scene and one shoots and kills whatever suspect they are trying to apprehend and the others saw no need to. The shooter just became a criminal and the others need to treat him the same way they would treat me if I gunned down a man in front of them. They don't.

Offline The Gawd

• Reader
  • Darwins +137/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 06:35:46 AM »
All too scared to go to hell. Oppressors like opponents who won't kill, due to fears of karma or something.

Yes, if they can fight the resistance before it even manifests, through superstition, it's that much easier to keep people subdued. Which IMO is the goal of organized religion at least. And that's for everyone regardless of demographic.

I recently took in a roommate who is a believer, very into her faith. She admitted to me on our drive home from work (we work together) that our discussions on religion have somewhat changed her views, and she is now against organized religion because she see's how it is used to control. So now she's SBNR. I didn't tell her that she's well on her way to being free  ;D

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +408/-9
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2016, 07:41:16 AM »

Agreed, but only to a point. Soros was quite upfront and public about his actions - the same can't be said of the Koch's.
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky that created the entire universe and the majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." ~George Carlin

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +284/-107
  • Let's talk about Love
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 06:25:42 AM »

Agreed, but only to a point. Soros was quite upfront and public about his actions - the same can't be said of the Koch's.

I also think there is another difference.  I don't think Soros profits from his philanthropy.  I don't consider Koch brother's political involvements philanthropy.