Author Topic: Ever had any weird/cool dreams?  (Read 275 times)

Offline CrystalDragon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +67/-2
  • Proud Whovian
Ever had any weird/cool dreams?
« on: February 24, 2016, 03:49:21 PM »
I'm sure that we've all had at least one dream that we woke up from either thinking it was cool or unusual.  So, here's a place to share your dreams!

I had a dream last night where I was in some sort of hotel, and I had to fight off a T-Rex and a giant eyeball, armed with nothing but a can of spray paint/silly string.  Also the hotel was on a beach and I stayed by the water at one point and picked up a shell before running back in, and I used it as a frisbee-projectile at one point.  I guess that's what happens after watching Doctor Who and Gravity Falls. XD

And here's a freaky Inside Out-based dream I had a while back (slight movie spoilers):

I dreamed I was watching all these TV monitors and screens, and all of thm were IO-related.  There were descriptions beside each of them too, such as Anger and Sadness fueling a bad idea and the emotions were shown in a line of screens, each one on a departs screen with a grey background, like Headquarters lost every bit of color.  Their right sides were grey, there left sides had color, and their eyes on that side glowed their color, though it was like the pupil was engulfed by the iris and was glowing that single color.

Then I turned to another screen, which had a few Internet memo-type posters, like Sadness saying "I apolo." And the response in text to the right being "No apolo!"  No clue why, I guess my dream-mind was hooked on meme pics.

Then my attention zoomed to another screen, where Joy had been captured and was tired and starving for some reason.

Then I found myself apparently still in the same room as I had been the whole dream, but suddenly there was a keyboard in front of me and it looked like I was on the IO WMG page on TV Tropes.  Them I'm not sure if I really read the question or just thought it, maybe both, but the question I felt I had to answer was "Who/What is Gloom?".  Gloom, by the way, was meant to be the film's antagonist, but was cut.

There were answers to the question, but I didn't read any of them.  I just sped to the bottom on impulse and typed:

"Gloom is Riley's Dark Side."

The moment I finished, the scene changed, again like I was watching a movie.  It took place in Riley's classroom, except there were differences.  Namely, the lighting was this creepy green flourescent like at the bus stop when Riley runs away, there was a projector at the front showing a movie, and all the kids—except for Riley—were sitting to the right from the perspective of standing at the back of the room.

I heard this female voice-over narrating it vaguely, saying that the other students were afraid of Riley, trying to figure out what was going on in her head.  It cut to a front view of Riley at her desk, just looking down and writing, like she didn't care what was going on.  Then I was at a perspective of the front of the room, staring more where the door would be, though the door only seemed to be half-there, like it was faded into the wall with that green lighting still everywhere.  And Riley was slightly off to the right from my perspective, staring at the front with this really blank, almost dead expression on her face, which creeped ms out a little.  Then I heard the voice-over say, "They always watched her, trying to know what was going on—"

Then it cut to Riley's desk like before, Riley looking down again, the voice-over stopped abruptly... and Riley snapped.  The bored expression on her face suddenly turned into a scowl of anger and disgust.  "That's just it with you!" she snarled, shoving the papers off her desk and speaking in a voice that sounded like a mix of her normal voice and Sgt. Calhoun from Wreck-It Ralph (which I didn't quite realize until just when I woke up).  She got up from her desk, some of the other kids crouching behind their books as Riley moved to where the other kids were, then behind the projection screen, then to the front of the room, all the while moving like some sort of possessed jerky zombie.  "You all keep watching me," she said, "trying to look inside my head, thinking you've got me aaaallll figured out.  But you can't.  And you never will.  You'll never know". Then she laughed in a really creepy way and then it ended.

Freakiest. Inside Out dream. Ever.

So thats some of my dream weirdness.  Any from you guys? :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:53:31 PM by CrystalDragon »
Sometimes what is unknown is the most interesting.

"It is always darker right before the light.  Or for some people, it just stays dark, but they don't seem to notice."

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +527/-53
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Ever had any weird/cool dreams?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 04:19:01 PM »
All my dreams are lucid dreams, so I can just do whatever I want. In my dreams, I perform feats that would make any god's seem insignificant by comparison. Here are some of the cool things I've done in my dreams:
Teleported all around the globe
Flew all across the globe
Flew into and across space
Flew into and through suns
Reshaped the world (by which I mean literally reshaping the surface of the Earth)
Created things and people
Spoke with my subconscious (like I said, all my dreams are lucid dreams, so I can literally just talk to myself)
Shrunk and grew objects and people (myself included)
Commanded the forces of nature (wind, water, earth, lightning, fire[1], trees, animals, and so on) - I recall once creating several 3D shapes made of water and reshaping them as I pleased
Fought with giant monsters using Mjölnir[2]
 1. My personal favorite.
 2. AKA: Thor's hammer.
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, son of Fire and Light, Sol Invictus.

Religions need books because they don't have gods.

Offline CrystalDragon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +67/-2
  • Proud Whovian
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 04:23:47 PM »
Lucky, I think I've only lucid dreamed a couple times.   Any advice how to get better at it?

"It is always darker right before the light.  Or for some people, it just stays dark, but they don't seem to notice."

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +527/-53
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 04:29:07 PM »
Any advice how to get better at it?

Have a good understanding of reality and look for weirdness in dreams. That's really all there is to it.

Online eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +393/-86
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 04:38:44 PM »
There is online dream analysis sites, I can't  remember dreaming.
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +527/-53
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 04:45:39 PM »
There is online dream analysis sites

They're bullshit, written by people who are 100% certain that everything must have some "deeper, hidden meaning/message" only they can figure out. Even if you think you don't mean anything by something, they know you're wrong and know exactly what you actually mean. Those are the idiots who analyze a story and "find" (read: imagine) "hidden meaning" in every little detail.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +226/-7
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 07:43:37 PM »
I will say that at least in dreams about my teeth falling out, the common dream interp books are fairly accurate.  Of course, a broken clock is also right twice a day  ;D

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +382/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 11:49:43 PM »
All my dreams are lucid dreams, so I can just do whatever I want.

Doesn't that mean the night lasts forever in your dreams? My memory is suppressed, so I can't really remember long enough to stay lucid. It's not an intellectual state. Lucidity only occurs when I'm lightly asleep, and about to wake up. Then if I experience any excitement, I wake up. I also can't use my imagination, because that is against the dream state.

I wonder what the difference between lucidity and believing your are lucid is? Can you decide to wake up at any point? That might be a test of your volition.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be bleedn obvious.

Offline CrystalDragon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +67/-2
  • Proud Whovian
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 12:03:30 AM »
All my dreams are lucid dreams, so I can just do whatever I want.

Doesn't that mean the night lasts forever in your dreams? My memory is suppressed, so I can't really remember long enough to stay lucid. It's not an intellectual state. Lucidity only occurs when I'm lightly asleep, and about to wake up. Then if I experience any excitement, I wake up. I also can't use my imagination, because that is against the dream state.

I wonder what the difference between lucidity and believing your are lucid is? Can you decide to wake up at any point? That might be a test of your volition.

I remember once I had a dream where something cool happened, and I was like, "This is so cool!  I'll have to tell my family about this when I wake up!". I woke up right after that... and I remembered about the dream was saying that, so I didn't even remember what the cool dream was. :P

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +382/-4
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 12:47:47 AM »
Some of my dreams are so mangled, I can't explain what's happening in 3 seconds of them, due to the underlying narrative being too complicated. It might take about 1 minute to explain, and during that time, I would have forgotten the next 3 seconds.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be bleedn obvious.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +527/-53
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 01:06:28 AM »
Doesn't that mean the night lasts forever in your dreams?

I don't get what that has to do with lucid dreaming. I don't even understand what you mean.

I wonder what the difference between lucidity and believing your are lucid is?

The latter is a delusional state, and the former is not. I experience the former.

Can you decide to wake up at any point? That might be a test of your volition.

Yes, I can. I once had a dream within a dream; when I "woke up" and realized I was still dreaming, I decided to just wake up for real.

Online eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +393/-86
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 02:29:02 AM »
Last night dreamed I wrote this post on the WWGHA forum and I woke up this morning and read this post.
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline frogkids35

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +36/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 09:01:10 AM »
I used to always dream that I could fly. I would have to dodge power lines and antennas, but I could always get so high. I really miss flying.

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +47/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2016, 09:24:25 AM »
I'm really tired today, all night last night I dreamt I was awake.
By the time you hear the siren sound, your soul is in the lost and found

F  O  R  E   V  E  R........

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +862/-28
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 01:31:35 PM »
When I was about 17, I dreamed that I was in a old large house as a guest. It was something like the mansion in Gone With the Wind, but it was an English country house. I was upstairs and something was bothering me and I couldn’t get to the root of it.

It was evening, and I left the room I was in and walked down the wide curving central stairway and into the hall, and headed across the hall for the drawing room in which I knew there would be an open fire. I could, and can still see all the details of the stairway and hall perfectly clearly. I reached the bottom and walked to the large brass-handled, mahogany double doors on my right. I opened them both.

In front of me was a large, warm, comfortable room with the fire dead ahead of me and, to its left a large armchair that had those ears at the top. I walked forward and saw that there must be someone in the chair, as I could see his legs which were stretched out and crossed.

He spoke. I knew who he was and was not surprised. I still could not see his body or face but in his right arm which projected across the top of the chair’s arm, he held out a white paper bag that obviously had something soft inside it.

He asked “Do you know what this is?”
“Yes, it’s a paper bag.”
He seemed a little irritated “But what is in it?”
The image formed in my mind – it was the type of dust that you find in a vacuum cleaner: “Dust” I replied.
“What sort of dust?”
Without hesitation, I replied “Grey dust.”
He was obviously interested now and cautiously said “Very good… but where did I find it?”
Again, the image formed in my mind – I could see the cupboard that was beneath that grand sweeping staircase and everything that was inside it: “From under the stairs.”

As I said It, I realised how I was doing this. I realised how it was possible to see and explain anything – even things you could not see or know… As I thought this, he spoke again:

“That’s amazing! How do you do it? How could you know that there was dust in the bag and where it came from.

I smiled “It’s easy – anyone can do it. All you have to do is.”

And at that moment, my mother woke me.

I don’t think I ever quite forgave her.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:35:20 PM by Graybeard »
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 02:57:23 PM »
Have no idea why, but the night before last my mind decided to come up with its own version of a scene from a Game of Thrones episode from season 4 - involving the characters Sansa and Littlefinger. I'd understand this, if I hadn't long finished watching the relevant episode or had been recently spending time thinking about it - but not the case with either of these things!  :-\ Crazy stuff, have no clue what triggered this!

Offline jtk73

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +23/-1
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 12:19:57 PM »
All the time. So much so that I keep a dream journal. Here is one of my favorites. This was the morning of September 8th, 2014.

Part I - I was in a grocery or discount store and I met a man who had been in a movie where he had saved a young boy from zombies but, oddly, at the same time the movie had been real life and I had been the boy that he had saved. He didn't recognize me at first but then he looked at me and it dawned on him and we reminisced about the event. I left the store with a group of people and I and a friend that was walking with me, turned back toward the store and raised our fists in a symbol of solidarity to Matt Damon (or someone that looked like him) that was standing in front of the store or just inside the window. We continued walking and met up with Leroy Gibbs from NCIS.

Part II
This sort of transitioned - I was in a junkyard or area with rundown buildings/houses. I was climbing around on crates and other junk and there was something about a nearby area where I saw people or aircraft shooting something with lasers or something. Then came the zombies. A woman that looked like (I think?) Franka Potente from The Bourne Identity or an equally beautiful woman was helping me try to close some gates on a chain link fence surrounding the courtyard we were in before a zombie woman could get in. Then it turned out that this beautiful woman was the one that had saved me from zombies when I was a boy (although we were roughly the same age in the dream?). I felt like I had fallen in love with her when I was a boy and had always been in love with her.

When she rescued me from zombies, I had been on the top floor of a very tall apartment building with a horde of zombies closing in on me when a small section of floor gave way and I fell through the opening and down through numerous ‘open air’ floors in the atrium of the building, onto a canopy over a carpeted walkway. I had survived the fall with no or only minor injuries but now zombies in the courtyard were surrounding and closing in on me when suddenly "Franka" reached through the throngs and grabbed me by the arm and pulled me out of the cluster of zombies and we ran or she carried me to safety as her beautiful hair swayed. That was the moment that I fell in love with her. I don't know if this dream was influenced by an actual movie/zombie movie that I have seen but it really affected me because, I would swear that the falling through floor on canopy part gave me a profound sense of deja vu. I was never even sure if Franka really rescued me or if we were actors in a zombie movie - dream-reality and dream kept getting intertwined and confused.

I'm not sure why or how this transpired but I went back into the apartment building as an adult and went up to the top floor. Much of the building was run-down. The corridors and stairwells had dirty, tiled walls and were dimly lit. As I ascended several flights of stairs and walked the corridors, I constantly heard creepy noises. On the top floor, I entered an area like a lab or nurses' station. This area appeared clean and well maintained. There were several attractive women working behind the glass. I saw one of them take a call or watch something on her computer screen (I think that this was how the zombie virus was transferred). She slowly rose out of her office chair with an expressionless look on her face. She walked a few feet toward one of the other women. She was talking with the woman all the while, slowly encroaching on her personal space even putting her mouth up to the woman's ear while talking with her. She then began erotically kissing and sucking on the woman's ear. <-- VERY HOT!!  I knew that she would be full zombie soon and biting that ear off so I ran.

EDIT: Also on the subject of lucid dreams that OAA brought up. I don't have lucid dreams per se but I am occasionally able to take control of my dream like being chased by someone and I decide that I can pass through solid objects and disappear through a nearby wall.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:30:39 PM by jtk73 »

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 09:19:49 AM »
Wow! Sounds like a pretty detailed dream that went on for a while!

Are you a horror movie fan by any chance? :D

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +382/-4
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 09:24:12 AM »
I had a small dream sequence where I was in a Japanese-type restaurant, and everyone was wearing white square paper masks out from their face, with a letterbox style slot, that they looked at their food through. I'm pretty sure this could be a Zen food eating thing.

Offline Defiance

• Reader
  • Darwins +84/-5
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 09:38:27 AM »
I was running through a forest, a cactus-desert kinda forest. My friend was running with me, and we were clearly scared of whatever was chasing us.

Finally, we both turn around to look at whatever was behind us. We crack up, and start laughing like crazy. I woke up laughing.
Q: Why are quantum physicists bad lovers? A: Because when they find the position, they can't find the momentum, and when they have the momentum, they can't find the position.

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/miscellaneousjokes/schooljokes/physicsjokes.html

Offline nogodsforme

• Laureate
  • Darwins +1779/-9
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 10:34:36 AM »
I have have lots of "story" dreams, some of which I write up into actual stories. My earliest remembered dream is of being chased downthe street by Frankenstein past a red brick apartment building on a bright sunny day. I must have been 4-5 years old when I dreamed that. Make of it what you will.  :laugh:
If you have god, why do you need the gun?

Prayer is begging god to change his mind.