Author Topic: Plane Crash  (Read 53 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +220/-8
Plane Crash
« on: Yesterday at 12:08:54 PM »
This story just keeps getting more and more crazy.  Imagine the pilot trying to get back into the cockpit and the people screaming.  What a situation?  What could have been going thru the guy's mind?  Don't know yet but I would bet $100 religion has something to do with it.

Has to have been planned yet how did he know the main pilot would go to the john?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +139/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
Re: Plane Crash
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:53:55 PM »
Could it have been natural causes like a heart attack, stroke, aneurysm, etc.?
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +111/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 12:57:44 PM »
don't think so Lori.  co-pilot deliberately locked the door, and refused re-entry, to the pilot after he identified himself.  The recordings reveal only the co-pilot's regular (heavy?  can't remember) breathing; nothing to indicate what you're suggesting.

yes, this is extremely bizarre and sad.
Organized religion is simply tribalism with a side order of philosophical wankery, and occasionally a baseball bat to smash the kneecaps of anyone who doesn't show proper deference to the tribe's chosen totem.

~Astreja

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +139/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 01:00:38 PM »
Oh, I thought the doors locked automatically.  Too bad if one nutter decided to take a whole plane down with him - again.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +111/-0
  • Living the Dream
Organized religion is simply tribalism with a side order of philosophical wankery, and occasionally a baseball bat to smash the kneecaps of anyone who doesn't show proper deference to the tribe's chosen totem.

~Astreja

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +415/-102
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 01:53:22 PM »
Now, was it terrorism or a mentally deranged person crashing the plane?

-Nam
I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

-Nam

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +111/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 01:58:00 PM »
Nam--

They don't know yet.  What's so weird is, it took 10 minutes to descend.  he could have just jammed the plane into a nosedive, but he did a pretty gradual descent.  Also, the recording box recorded the co pilot breathing normally the whole time--no speaking, no indication of, well, anything.

it sounds like he had a farily long absence from flying at one point, and investigators are now focusing on that piece of his past.

~Astreja

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +415/-102
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 02:00:57 PM »
I know they don't know, it's a general question. Everyone always thinks terrorism, which is valid in this day and age but the guy could have just been mentally unstable.

-Nam
I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

-Nam

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +67/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 02:28:40 PM »
While in flight, most modern airline cockpit doors lock upon exit.  There is a button within reach of both pilot seats to electrically unlock the door.  Shortly after 11 Sep 2001, the previously flimsy cockpit doors were strengthened to prevent unauthorized entry.
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +220/-8
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 03:13:55 PM »
I think the 149 people on board were pretty terrorized.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!