Author Topic: Al Franken vs Neil Gorsuch  (Read 42 times)

Offline shnozzola

• Fellow
  • Darwins +213/-2
Al Franken vs Neil Gorsuch
« on: March 21, 2017, 07:58:56 PM »
   I always got a kick out of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, his steadfast view of the founding father's interpretation, to the point where many of his rulings were absurd, IMO.  Many times I remember his minority dissents arguing that a precedent was being wrongly set by the majority, usually siding with business.

Here is his replacement, Gorsuch, with Senator (and former Saturday Night Live writer) Al Franken grilling Gorsuch on a case where his judgment should be questioned.  On a day when no one could pin him down, Franken points to his absurd ruling.  Good stuff.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:02:03 PM by shnozzola »
We have guided missiles and misguided men.  ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1058/-26
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Al Franken vs Neil Gorsuch
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 06:44:16 PM »
Wow.  This so-called judge actually argued that this company should have been allowed to legally fire this truck driver because he declined to let their tardiness and stupidity put his life in imminent danger?  That is completely and totally ridiculous and does not leave me with a high opinion of his judgment, not when he's so fixated on the letter of the law that he loses sight of the fact that the judiciary serves as a major check against just this sort of lunacy.
Nullus In Verba, aka "Take nobody's word for it!"  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.