Author Topic: Is it time for all religions to accept evolution?  (Read 40 times)

Offline Star Stuff

• Professor
  • Darwins +127/-1
  • Carbon-based life form.
Is it time for all religions to accept evolution?
« on: Yesterday at 10:30:45 AM »
I took the 1 hour to watch this video in the hopes that I would finally see YEC as a thing of the past, unfortunately what I saw was how religious belief truly is or acts like a virus of the mind.  Here we have grown adults in 2014 blinded by belief in a primitive book.  One book.  It left me with a feeling of both hatred for religious stupidity, and a sense of sadness that the human mind can be so stunted by fixed beliefs.  It was also sad to see a couple of those scientifically educated and literate individuals who were arguing for the fact of evolution, appeared to have a part of their mind infected with god belief, without good reason or evidence.  One guy even admitted that it was the religion that he was raised with.  Painful.

God is an Imaginary Friend for Grown-ups

Offline Star Stuff

• Professor
  • Darwins +127/-1
Re: Is it time for all religions to accept evolution?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:50:02 PM »
The black woman in that previous video was colossally stupid, and stuck in simple-minded, primitive superstitions, and after watching just now, another black woman with the equivalent level of stupidity (@ 40:00). 

Before you jump on me for drawing a conclusion from just 2 examples, I have witnessed this amongst black people in general, and black women in particular.  Why is that?

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:49:30 PM by Star Stuff »

Online Mooby

• Reader
  • Darwins +64/-23
  • So it goes.
    • Is God Imaginary?
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:47:19 PM »
Before you jump on me for drawing a conclusion from just 2 examples, I have witnessed this amongst black people in general, and black women in particular.  Why is that?
Because you're racist.  Otherwise, why would the most resonating quality be that they were black, and why would you go out of your way to inform us they were black?
"I'm doing science and I'm still alive."--J.C.

Offline Star Stuff

• Professor
  • Darwins +127/-1
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:02:49 PM »
So if one observes that a large number of the black population shares this line of thinking, one is a racist?  And if one declares that they observe that most Irish people love their beer, then one is also a racist too?  Perhaps you've been hypnotized in a stupor of political correctness.

Online Mooby

• Reader
  • Darwins +64/-23
  • So it goes.
    • Is God Imaginary?
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 11:39:05 PM »
So if one observes that a large number of the black population shares this line of thinking, one is a racist?  And if one declares that they observe that most Irish people love their beer, then one is also a racist too?
Yes on both accounts.

Perhaps you've been hypnotized in a stupor of political correctness.
Not at all.  I've come to terms with the fact that nearly everyone is racist, some more so than others.  The question is to what degree it is tolerated and largely accepted in casual discourse.
"I'm doing science and I'm still alive."--J.C.