Author Topic: Evolution right before your eyes.  (Read 275 times)

Offline ThatZenoGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-24
  • Residential Sexy Anthro Goddess
    • Spacebattles Account.
Evolution right before your eyes.
« on: September 12, 2016, 09:39:59 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plVk4NVIUh8

Eleven days for bacteria to resist 1000 times lethal dose of antibiotics.

Amazing.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline jdawg70

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +963/-10
  • Ex-rosary squad
Re: Evolution right before your eyes.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 09:51:44 AM »
k my mind is pretty well blown.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline ThatZenoGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-24
    • Spacebattles Account.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 09:59:03 AM »
k my mind is pretty well blown.

It is quite amazing.

Of course, and pulling a strawman here, 'its microevolution! NOT MACRO!'
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1038/-25
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 11:07:11 AM »
Evolution is evolution is evolution.  The 'micro' and 'macro' terms are little more than generalizations to make it easier for us to understand a phenomena, but they don't constrain it (except in our own minds, which don't make the slightest difference to the reality of the phenomena).
Nullus In Verba, aka "Take nobody's word for it!"  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.

Offline ThatZenoGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-24
    • Spacebattles Account.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 11:57:43 AM »
Evolution is evolution is evolution.  The 'micro' and 'macro' terms are little more than generalizations to make it easier for us to understand a phenomena, but they don't constrain it (except in our own minds, which don't make the slightest difference to the reality of the phenomena).

*Smug wink*

Ahh, but a dog which only does micro-evolution forever will remain a dog! And certainly not change species!

Now what, atheist?

On the topic, Bacteria are some crazy fucking organisms.

Didn't we recently have one which evolved to eat plastics (Nylon?), which only occured thanks to evolution and that fact that humans invented Nylon.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +421/-5
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 10:11:16 AM »
Definitely awesomed.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be bleedn obvious.