Author Topic: humans healing amputees!!  (Read 288 times)

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +163/-0
  • Living the Dream
humans healing amputees!!
« on: August 26, 2016, 03:10:43 PM »
...religion is simply tribalism with a side order of philosophical wankery, and occasionally a baseball bat to smash...anyone who doesn't show...deference to the tribe's chosen totem.

~Astreja

To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place.

~Sam Harris

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +258/-9
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: humans healing amputees!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 05:43:15 PM »
yep. Zion seems like a pretty cool kid and I do hope he does very very well.    Again, the gods are failures and humanity has gone ahead and done what their believers constantly make false claims about. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +285/-107
  • Let's talk about Love
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 06:49:34 AM »
Those hands came from a dead child's body.  That's the only sad part for me.  Something in my mind automatically went to seeing those hands as a dead child not necessarily "regrowing" limbs. 

Don't get me wrong I'm glad Zion got the hands but I'm sad they came from a dead child. 

If a god would help out then there does not have to be a dead child.  Sorry so gloomy this morning.  I'm just really sad about the dead child.

What I find amazing are the hand-less artists that paint and play musical instruments despite their handicaps.
Belief in a cruel god makes a cruel man...Thomas Paine

Offline jdawg70

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +963/-10
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 12:30:59 PM »
So many mentions of god's blessing in the comments.

So, so many.

The surgeons that made this possible getting very few props here.
The technicians that made this possible getting very few props here.
The administrators that made this possible getting very few props here.

There were many, many, many human beings involved in making this possible.  It's difficult to imagine how many different people need to be thanked - from the technologist that maintains the biological storage facilities to the building maintenance staff who ensured the hospital and operating room had stable and reliable power to the government inspector who ensured the operating room was up to code...
...so many different human beings involved.

And so many thanks to god and proclamations of how much he is and is going to bless Zion and his family.

Sometimes I think that if people took the time to think about and give gratitude to the entities who were actually involved in making amazing things happen the world would be a better place.  People would really and truly understand how their actions and decisions impact other people, even if it seems unrelated at the time.

But, you know, invisible magic hands-off deity who lacks basic communication skills...yeah make sure to pet his damn ego.  Fuck the rest of the hard working people out their.  No need to remind them how impactful they have been.  I mean, if someone wants to give thanks to god that's fine and all but I just hope it isn't at the expense of forgetting about all the 'little people' who were actually involved in making it happen.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline ThatZenoGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-24
  • Residential Sexy Anthro Goddess
    • Spacebattles Account.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 06:29:36 AM »
Stuff like this is what makes me go 'Humanity, fuck yeah!'

Sure, some of us are savage nasty retarded backwards monsters, but the ones which do glorious science, the ones which do glorious healing, are marvels.

Imagine what would happen if you told people in the 1920's that 'I 'healed' an amputee', they'd either laugh, or proclaim you a god, yet now its commonplace, its mundane.

Now we just need to vat grow limbs.

Imagine the ability to bring anyone back from any physical state, excluding dead.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline dallacuse

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 12:00:34 AM »
So many mentions of god's blessing in the comments.

So, so many.

The surgeons that made this possible getting very few props here.
The technicians that made this possible getting very few props here.
The administrators that made this possible getting very few props here.

There were many, many, many human beings involved in making this possible.  It's difficult to imagine how many different people need to be thanked - from the technologist that maintains the biological storage facilities to the building maintenance staff who ensured the hospital and operating room had stable and reliable power to the government inspector who ensured the operating room was up to code...
...so many different human beings involved.

And so many thanks to god and proclamations of how much he is and is going to bless Zion and his family.

Sometimes I think that if people took the time to think about and give gratitude to the entities who were actually involved in making amazing things happen the world would be a better place.  People would really and truly understand how their actions and decisions impact other people, even if it seems unrelated at the time.

But, you know, invisible magic hands-off deity who lacks basic communication skills...yeah make sure to pet his damn ego.  Fuck the rest of the hard working people out their.  No need to remind them how impactful they have been.  I mean, if someone wants to give thanks to god that's fine and all but I just hope it isn't at the expense of forgetting about all the 'little people' who were actually involved in making it happen.

+1  :)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +322/-9
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 12:06:26 PM »
Is this what happened to Trump...I mean he has child like hands.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!