Author Topic: Penises grown in a lab: could be tested on humans within 5 years  (Read 579 times)

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +119/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
Re: Penises grown in a lab: could be tested on humans within 5 years
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2014, 01:22:59 AM »
You know, I always imagine what a voyeuristic alien society would be saying about us.  Imagine that we've been under some manner of long term observation by these entities.

I don't think we could fault them if they concluded that Earth was essentially one big exercise in developing the most efficient ways of making penises grow.

In a similar vein (sorry), I've often thought that after our civilization collapses and the archeologists of the future dig through our cities they'll come to the conclusion that we are all worshipers of the poo.  After all, likely the most durable object in our homes is the toilet, all homes have them, some have SEVERAL and they have their own little area.  15,000 years from now in the crumbling remains of our cities, porcelain fixtures will probably still be around.

As for the artificial peens.. I hope it doesn't actually work.  We're already way to focused on our peens as it is.  Overly obsessed about the size and shape of them.  It reminds me of a line from a TV show:

Cat: What was it like being a hamster?
Lister: It was better than being a chicken. Have you seen the size of an egg? Seen the size of a chicken's bum? That's what all the clucking was about. I was trying to say in chicken-talk "for God's sake, give me an epidural!"

If men were in charge of peen size we'd all probably die from blood loss in the brain the moment we went into puberty.

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2014, 02:21:15 PM »
You know, I always imagine what a voyeuristic alien society would be saying about us.  Imagine that we've been under some manner of long term observation by these entities.

I don't think we could fault them if they concluded that Earth was essentially one big exercise in developing the most efficient ways of making penises grow.

In a similar vein (sorry), I've often thought that after our civilization collapses and the archeologists of the future dig through our cities they'll come to the conclusion that we are all worshipers of the poo.  After all, likely the most durable object in our homes is the toilet, all homes have them, some have SEVERAL and they have their own little area.  15,000 years from now in the crumbling remains of our cities, porcelain fixtures will probably still be around.

As for the artificial peens.. I hope it doesn't actually work.  We're already way to focused on our peens as it is.  Overly obsessed about the size and shape of them.  It reminds me of a line from a TV show:

Cat: What was it like being a hamster?
Lister: It was better than being a chicken. Have you seen the size of an egg? Seen the size of a chicken's bum? That's what all the clucking was about. I was trying to say in chicken-talk "for God's sake, give me an epidural!"

If men were in charge of peen size we'd all probably die from blood loss in the brain the moment we went into puberty.

Ever been to Japan? They're more focused on the penis than toilets. They have statues of penises everywhere. And the vagina has teeth.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2014, 09:14:50 PM »
15,000 years from now in the crumbling remains of our cities, porcelain fixtures will probably still be around.

Add to the porcelain fixtures the occasional discovery of a joke about porcelain gods and yup. Future civilizations could come to the conclusion that we "ancients" thought that toilet fixtures were sacred and we sacrificed our bodily fluids to the Porcelain Gods. Advanced humans may start a community chat group whose main focus is whether or not Porcelain Gods exist and what is the proper way to worship them? They might marvel or wax poetic about how we used to sacrifice our precious bodily fluids to such a wasteful God. Didn't we know that bodily fluids should be reused?

Our activities will be used as a confirmation bias that the people of the future are far more intelligent than we are today.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:16:40 PM by Mr. Blackwell »
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2014, 09:22:43 PM »
Oh...almost forgot

I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2014, 11:15:03 PM »
^^^Aren't they all? Not easily, of course.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.