Author Topic: I don't really get the question...  (Read 17127 times)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +516/-53
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: I don't really get the question...
« Reply #348 on: March 18, 2016, 04:20:05 PM »
You guys do know Trump is just copying a video game villain and Hitler's speeches, right? "Make America great again", and his general attitude is straight from Senator Steven Armstrong[1], whereas his speech pattern comes from Hitler, mixed with the generic demagogue speeches of your "right wing". He saw his opportunity to be elected by appealing to the idiots (apparently the largest voting base in the USA) using stuff that's worked in the past.
 1. Metal Gear Rising: Revengance
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 04:21:38 PM by One Above All »
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, son of Fire and Light, Sol Invictus.

Religions need books because they don't have gods.

Offline nogodsforme

• Laureate
  • Darwins +1744/-9
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #349 on: March 18, 2016, 04:57:51 PM »
You guys do know Trump is just copying a video game villain and Hitler's speeches, right? "Make America great again", and his general attitude is straight from Senator Steven Armstrong[1], whereas his speech pattern comes from Hitler, mixed with the generic demagogue speeches of your "right wing". He saw his opportunity to be elected by appealing to the idiots (apparently the largest voting base in the USA) using stuff that's worked in the past.

I knew we had seen this show before.

Figures, since he is a tv actor pretending to be a business man.[2]Kinda like Eddie Albert as Mr. Douglas on Green Acres. Only ignorant, jerky and mean. For a guy totally dependent on other people doing stuff for him, he sure is trusting that the exploited immigrant help (ie current wife) does not pee in his martini. :P
 2. He is so self-made, with a million dollar "loan" from daddy to play with. And has run several enterprises into the ground, leaving unpaid bills and laid-off, unhappy, screwed over workers in his wake. And that is just his ex-wives! Bada bing.
If people really believed in god's will they would not buy insurance.

Prayer is a sign that god has ADHD.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +130/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #350 on: March 24, 2016, 02:39:25 PM »

I knew we had seen this show before.

That sound you've been hearing is actually history teachers face palming themselves repeatedly to drown out all the historians the rolling in their graves.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline nogodsforme

• Laureate
  • Darwins +1744/-9
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #351 on: March 24, 2016, 05:05:36 PM »
I have to correct my post above.

The short fingered vulgarian did not get a million dollars from his father to go out and seek his fortune. He actually got a 40 million dollar "loan" from his father to play with. And his daddy also set him up with business deals, helped him get into the real estate game in NY and bailed out several of his failed enterprises.

So, yeah, the guy made his money all by himself, arriving in this country as a child, all alone with nothing but a really rich slumlord dad to give him a sum larger than the GDP of Tuvalu to start him off on the path to fame and fortune.

Just the same thing that everyone else in America gets to help them get started in life. That is why he can so easily speak for the disaffected and marginalized.  :P
If people really believed in god's will they would not buy insurance.

Prayer is a sign that god has ADHD.

Offline The Gawd

• Reader
  • Darwins +131/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #352 on: March 24, 2016, 07:24:11 PM »
I have to correct my post above.

The short fingered vulgarian did not get a million dollars from his father to go out and seek his fortune. He actually got a 40 million dollar "loan" from his father to play with. And his daddy also set him up with business deals, helped him get into the real estate game in NY and bailed out several of his failed enterprises.

So, yeah, the guy made his money all by himself, arriving in this country as a child, all alone with nothing but a really rich slumlord dad to give him a sum larger than the GDP of Tuvalu to start him off on the path to fame and fortune.

Just the same thing that everyone else in America gets to help them get started in life. That is why he can so easily speak for the disaffected and marginalized.  :P

I'm interested in seeing these tax returns. The fact that Mitt Romney ($250M) would call Drumpf out and Drumpf who is always ready to brag about his wealth did not respond makes me wonder.

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +814/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #353 on: March 24, 2016, 08:25:10 PM »

Do you have a citation for this?  Their speaking styles don't seem similar to me.  They do seem to accomplish the same thing with their respective audiences, which are basically the same target demo but differentiated by nation and culture.
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina