Author Topic: Interesting Blog  (Read 100 times)

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +295/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Interesting Blog
« on: May 23, 2016, 04:41:30 PM »
Interesting read from someone who thought about the WWGHA concept while they were questioning their beliefs.

From the blog:
I found I had no reasonable reason why god would not heal amputees. I had searched for a case where god had. I could not find any legitimate case where god did such a thing. I found very few claims he did, even in unverifiable cases.

This issue might have been the one that really pushed me to think god truly might not exist. If he did, the whole healing the sick could not work like I was taught. I concluded that god either did not exist or was not the god I was believed him to be. Either way it was unsettling.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/thedisillusionist/2016/05/23/does-god-hate-amputees/

Offline dallacuse

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Interesting Blog
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 10:46:31 PM »
As I believe I have indicated earlier on this board, I think this question -- the name of this website -- is a great one.
If a person is honest with oneself, after all of the gyrations, justifications, twisted interpretations, etc., the only real answer to the question is one that may be very difficult for someone to admit-- that there isn't a God.

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +393/-86
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 02:30:22 AM »
Gyrations??
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +385/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 04:06:37 AM »
There isn't a God that heals people, at least not very often.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be bleedn obvious.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +295/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 06:24:18 AM »
I think it is one of the strongest arguments against the existence of a god that supposedly heals people. Makes absolutely no sense at all for a god that heals, to be selective about what it heals. Especially if the god is omni-everything.