Author Topic: Was Abraham's Covenant Fulfilled?  (Read 11 times)

Online junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +328/-116
  • MIGHT DOES NOT MAKE RIGHT. Seeing is believing!
Was Abraham's Covenant Fulfilled?
« on: Today at 07:43:05 AM »
According to actual Jews, no it was not.

http://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge/articles/was-is-jesus-the-messiah/

c. The Criteria To Be Fulfilled By The Jewish Messiah

In accurate translations of Jewish Scriptures, the word “Moshiach” is never translated as “Messiah,” but as “anointed.” Nevertheless, Judaism has always maintained a fundamental belief in a Messianic figure. Since the concept of a Messiah is one that was given by God to the Jews, Jewish tradition is best qualified to describe and recognize the expected Messiah. This tradition has its foundation in numerous biblical references, many of which are cited below. Judaism understands the Messiah to be a human being (with no connotation of deity or divinity) who will bring about certain changes in the world and who must fulfill certain specific criteria before being acknowledged as the Messiah.

These specific criteria are as follows:
1) He must be Jewish. (Deuteronomy. 17:15, Numbers 24:17)
2) He must be a member of the tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10) and a
direct male descendent of King David (I Chronicles 17:11, Psalms 89:29-38, Jeremiah 33:17, II Samuel 7:12-16) and King Solomon.
(I Chronicles 22:10, II Chronicles 7:18)
3) He must gather the Jewish people from exile and return them to Israel. (Isaiah 27:12-13, Isaiah 11:12)
4) He must rebuild the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. (Micah 4:1)
5) He must bring world peace. (Isaiah 2:4, Isaiah 11:6, Micah 4:3)
6) He must influence the entire world to acknowledge and serve one G-d. (Isaiah 11:9, Isaiah 40:5, Zephaniah 3:9)

All of these criteria for the Messiah are best stated in chapter 37:24-28 of the book of Ezekiel:
“and My servant David will be a king over them, and they will all have one shepherd, and they will walk in My ordinances, and keep My statutes, and observe them, and they shall live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant…and I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant and I will set my sanctuary in their midst forever and My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their G-d and they will be My people. And the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever.” (Ezekiel 37:24-28)

Emphasis: If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah!

d. Why Jesus Could Not Have Been The Jewish Messiah

A careful analysis of these criteria shows us that, although Jesus was Jewish, he did not fulfill any of the other criteria. An examination of the contradictory accounts of Jesus’ genealogy demonstrates a number of difficulties with the fulfillment of the second criterion. Specifically, the New Testament claims that Jesus did not have a physical father. The Jewish Scriptures, however, clearly states that a person’s genealogy and tribal membership is transmitted exclusively through one’s physical father (Numbers 1:18, Jeremiah 33:17). Therefore, Jesus cannot possibly be a descendent of the tribe of Judah nor of King David and King Solomon.

The argument is simple.

P1- To fulfill the law this Messiah has to accomplish specific criteria.

P2- Jesus did not accomplish the criteria described by prophecy.

C1- Jesus was not the Messiah.

C2- There is no new covenant.

The Bible claims Jesus said;

Matthew 10:34“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.35For I have come to turn

“?‘a man against his father,

a daughter against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

36a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

37“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

If you wanna make the world a better place,
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change...
Michael Jackson and Batman

Online stuffin

• Reader
  • Darwins +93/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Was Abraham's Covenant Fulfilled?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:51:19 AM »
HOLY CHIT, read some stuff from the link and it is rather condemning of how the Christians wrote the bible.

Thanks.... have to explore it further
Mankind is not likely to salvage civilization unless he can evolve a system of good and evil which is independent of heaven and hell.

George Orwell

When you believe in things you don't understand
Then you suffer
Superstition ain't the way