Author Topic: Did witches have real magical powers in ancient times?  (Read 471 times)

Azdgari, 12 Monkeys, jaimehlers, skeptic54768 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +485/-118
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
Re: Did witches have real magical powers in ancient times?
« Reply #87 on: Yesterday at 11:44:53 PM »
Maybe skeppy boy will be better suited with Galatians 5:20?

-Nam
Things I've said here:

I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

I may believe people, as a whole, should be treated fairly but I also believe those same people are idiots.

Online 12 Monkeys

• Professor
  • Darwins +130/-13
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #88 on: Yesterday at 11:45:34 PM »
And to add to Nogods question, Skep; are there less or more witches today than there were during happy-fun-witch-burning-days? Why?

Couldn't tell you for sure.
how about Comic superheroes dealing with the Devil,why have we seen none?

Robert Johnson, blues legend, sold his soul to be a blues legend. The guy couldn't play a note until he met the devil. Then he became a blues legend. Ever hear his stuff? It sounds very creepy, like it was recorded with the devil next to him.
Ya we believe folk stories.....where has the Devil,and stories of his deals,like the one you described been as of late? Surly someone else has a soul selling story worthy of sharing? Any Republican candidate,like Trump?

http://www.cbn.com/700club/features/amazing/salvation_todd_beezley.aspx
JEEEEEEZUUUZ its that easy? I want to sell my soul and have the ability to shape shift,when will the Devil show up?....When I sign the deal can Jesus still save me if I "believe"?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Online natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +122/-3
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #89 on: Yesterday at 11:46:57 PM »
You better believe it's real. It's very scary the type of things people can conjure up with Satan's help.

People wouldn't have killed witches if they couldn't demonstrate the power. Think about it logically. They ask the witch to demonstrate the power. Nothing happens. They would know the witch is a fraud and have no reason to kill.

Something made them kill witches and I can guarantee it was seeing the power of Satan first hand. This stuff is no joke.

Earlier you touted just how insidious witchcraft is. Surely ALL witches who died were in possession of some sort of evil powers? Where is the evidence of a display of these 'powers'?
AUTHOR OF THE "WORST THREAD EVER" ACCORDING TO JUNEBUG72 http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,28757.0.html

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Online 12 Monkeys

• Professor
  • Darwins +130/-13
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #90 on: Yesterday at 11:48:43 PM »
Maybe skeppy boy will be better suited with Galatians 5:20?

-Nam
GEEEEEEZ even if someone accused you being a heratic,you were a witch
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +485/-118
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #91 on: Yesterday at 11:56:44 PM »
Skep,

Are you capable of linking nonbiased websites? They're out there, you can find them.

-Nam
Things I've said here:

I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

I may believe people, as a whole, should be treated fairly but I also believe those same people are idiots.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +1028/-6
  • I'm very stoic, except when there is an easier way
« Reply #92 on: Today at 12:21:51 AM »
Skep,

Are you capable of linking nonbiased websites? They're out there, you can find them.

-Nam

Why would he do that? Of what possible use would he have for unbiased, accurate information? Remember, low standards require a concerted effort on his part. And being lackadaisical takes both dedication and something else, which he doesn't bother trying to remember.

The irony is that Skep doesn't even realize that he is a buddhist instead of a christian. The part where buddhists say "Empty your mind of all thought?" Skep thinks that's normal.
It isn't true that non-existent gods can't do anything. For instance, they were able to make me into an atheist.