Author Topic: Jerimiah 19:19??  (Read 370 times)

skeptic54768, Mrjason and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +77/-0
  • Polyatheist
Re: Jerimiah 19:19??
« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 10:30:57 PM »
So, it would seem that god is instigating a war because he was upset over the way his chosen people were acting. Consistent for a god who destroys cities and floods planets, I suppose. He uses this tactic several times, as I recall.

If he was using the Babylonians as a proxy to do his dirty work, it really doesn't change the basic problem of an angry, vengeful god taking out his anxieties on his "chosen" people.

Meh, it doesn't matter imo why Yaweh went nuts. As for saying "I will do this" and "I will do that", well, Yaweh likes to take credit for everything doesn't he?
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +64/-477
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
« Reply #30 on: Today at 02:23:04 AM »
I see that no atheist has bothered to read the whole context. Try reading ALL of Jeremiah 19 and then get back to me.

But, you probably won't have to get back to me. You will realize your mistake before that happens.

It's Jeremiah 19:9 by the way. Jeremiah 19 doesn't even have 19 verses. It is futher proof you guys didn't even try to read it. :(
« Last Edit: Today at 02:25:54 AM by skeptic54768 »
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline eh!

• Fellow
  • Darwins +131/-49
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: Today at 03:15:29 AM »
just read 18 - 20, god is going to sculpt isreal just like a clay pot because he can?

dunno skep, they were burning incense, whatever and yahew has this huge tantrum and threatens all kinds of punishment etc...

this yahew character has zero social  skills and even less conflict resolution skills - it is a psycho. reminds me of a 2 year old mind in a man's body.

definitely would not get a job in human resources management.

what am I missing?
« Last Edit: Today at 03:20:29 AM by eh! »
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline eh!

• Fellow
  • Darwins +131/-49
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:18:54 AM »
btw skep, welcome back, you have obviously taken leave to avoid responding to all the posts that made yr last few posts look idiotic.

so cool how you can shut yr eyes and when you open them it's like yesterday never happened.

goldfish memory much.
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +77/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #33 on: Today at 04:00:17 AM »
I see that no atheist has bothered to read the whole context. Try reading ALL of Jeremiah 19 and then get back to me.

But, you probably won't have to get back to me. You will realize your mistake before that happens.

It's Jeremiah 19:9 by the way. Jeremiah 19 doesn't even have 19 verses. It is futher proof you guys didn't even try to read it. :(

Well I said it was a siege in context earlier, was I wrong?
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +64/-477
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
« Reply #34 on: Today at 11:33:51 AM »

Well I said it was a siege in context earlier, was I wrong?

You guys act like God (for no reason on a whim) decided to just make them eat flesh of their kids. It wasn't just for God's "entertainment."

God did it because that's what they did to others.
So, it was a taste of their own medicine. Old Testament was eye for an eye, tooth for tooth.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)