Author Topic: 2010 Texas Freethought Convention  (Read 768 times)

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
2010 Texas Freethought Convention
« on: July 31, 2010, 12:22:58 PM »
The 2010 Texas Freethought Convention is in Dallas on Oct 8-10.  I just realized that today is the last day for early bird ticket prices ($75 versus $90).

Anyway, some folks over at ATT are talking about it, so maybe we can also join forces and have a mini-meetup of our own while attending!  Anyone interested, we can exchange contact info here, or through private messaging.

I just registered myself, my spouse, and our son!  Let's go people!  woo hoo!!!!!

Offline MockTurtle

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +4/-1
  • The power of reason compels you!
Re: 2010 Texas Freethought Convention
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 02:56:43 PM »
The 2010 Texas Freethought Convention is in Dallas on Oct 8-10.  I just realized that today is the last day for early bird ticket prices ($75 versus $90).

Anyway, some folks over at ATT are talking about it, so maybe we can also join forces and have a mini-meetup of our own while attending!  Anyone interested, we can exchange contact info here, or through private messaging.

I just registered myself, my spouse, and our son!  Let's go people!  woo hoo!!!!!

Doesn't having free thinkers in Texas risk something like matter anti-matter annihilation?  Or is the convention going
to be held in a special magnetically sealed chamber to keep the ambient stupid from seeping in?
If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality. — Paul Dirac

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Re: 2010 Texas Freethought Convention
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 04:11:04 PM »
Ha!  Let's hope that appropriate measures have been taken for the protection of all!