Author Topic: My testimony.  (Read 9057 times)

Offline GetMeThere

Re: My testimony.
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2010, 10:12:39 PM »
Wsyderider, do you have any proof of any of your claims that would satisfy a person who thinks critically and does not have blind faith in anything?
...To answer your question. No I dont....

Don't you see though that the absence of proof that can endure critical examination is the problem? If these things happen so often, but only in cases where there is no proof worthy of critical examination...well, why is that? For instance, in the case you "witnessed" in Africa, why didn't you go by and see those people for yourself? Wouldn't it be EXCITING to see someone completely cured whose skin, just the day before, was rotting off their body?

When I hear a story such as yours, and hear you have no proof, and THEN hear that you COULD have easily procured proof (or at least more acceptable evidence), I have to ask myself why you're apparently NOT INTERESTED in providing testimony that could REALLY convince others.

If you came here and testified that YOU PERSONALLY SAW a group of people whose skin was severely damaged/ROTTING, and the NEXT DAY you personally saw that all those people were completely healed and perfectly fine, well....then at least nobody here would argue with you (we might like to hear PRECISE descriptions of the illnesses, etc.). That you COULD HAVE provided that, but chose NOT TO very clearly implies to a critical audience that you're perhaps deluding yourself about these healings; that you don't want to REALLY PROVE FOR YOURSELF that they really occurred.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:14:19 PM by GetMeThere »

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2010, 11:11:38 PM »
Wsyderider, do you have any proof of any of your claims that would satisfy a person who thinks critically and does not have blind faith in anything?
...To answer your question. No I dont....

Don't you see though that the absence of proof that can endure critical examination is the problem? If these things happen so often, but only in cases where there is no proof worthy of critical examination...well, why is that? For instance, in the case you "witnessed" in Africa, why didn't you go by and see those people for yourself? Wouldn't it be EXCITING to see someone completely cured whose skin, just the day before, was rotting off their body?

When I hear a story such as yours, and hear you have no proof, and THEN hear that you COULD have easily procured proof (or at least more acceptable evidence), I have to ask myself why you're apparently NOT INTERESTED in providing testimony that could REALLY convince others.

If you came here and testified that YOU PERSONALLY SAW a group of people whose skin was severely damaged/ROTTING, and the NEXT DAY you personally saw that all those people were completely healed and perfectly fine, well....then at least nobody here would argue with you (we might like to hear PRECISE descriptions of the illnesses, etc.). That you COULD HAVE provided that, but chose NOT TO very clearly implies to a critical audience that you're perhaps deluding yourself about these healings; that you don't want to REALLY PROVE FOR YOURSELF that they really occurred.
I personally seen miracles happen in front of my face. I can state them and them people will tend to come up with "reasons" to blast me. From the rent being paid for, to God using a broken phone to dial call someone, etc. People will say that it is not true.
I witnessed my friend's wife heat stoke/exhaustion completely leave her body when I prayed for her. It been over 7 years and never had another one since i prayed. I witnessed my friends breast cancer leave her body when i prayed for her. I prayed for my friend who had herpes and I prayed and they got checked again and they came back negative after I prayed. I mean i seen alot of stuff, but people will just say........well you are lying, etc. I really appreciate you as an individual for not trying to tear me up and come out and saying..... your are lying, etc. I am not here to argue in peoples belief at all. i just came to testify what I experienced. One of my friends got raped and she end of getting herpes. She would pray and people at church prayed that she would get healed and she did. It was a great testimony at church (although they did not mention her name because she wanted to be kept anonymous). But then again, people will again say I am lying. Our old associate pastor preached before and called out diiffernt sicknesses when he was preaching. He looked at a woman in church and said you have cancer and God is healing you......( i found out she had cancer for about half her life. She was in her 40s.) She got checked out a week later on and the doctors were surprised because her cancer was gone. My pastor also had the documentation of the test showing that it was gone. I mean i can keep giving testimonies, but it is up to the person to believe me or not
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:19:14 PM by wsyderider »

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2010, 11:15:11 PM »
Any amputees?
Git mit uns

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2010, 11:25:06 PM »
Any amputees?
I have not experienced any of them. To paraphrase a recent one at our church recently. A person had a back problem (maybe hip) because of one side of their leg was longer. So, a brother in the Lord prayed for that individual. The person started to feel their leg get warm and tingle. The person literally felt their shorter leg grow. After that, he has not experienced any back (or hip) pain. I did not personally see it, but it was a recent testimony that was mentioned at our church. You dont have to believe me though. Almost everyone here think I am a liar anyways.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:26:40 PM by wsyderider »

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2010, 11:25:21 PM »
I'll be blunt: I don't give a shit what you've seen if I can't see the documentation to check it out myself.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2010, 11:30:56 PM »
I'll be honest with you. I am Lucille Ball. Trust me...  :-\

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2010, 11:34:38 PM »
I'll be blunt: I don't give a shit what you've seen if I can't see the documentation to check it out myself.

And I dont really care if you believe in what I say. That is your free will. But I do care about where you would go after your time on earth is up.

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2010, 11:36:07 PM »
I'll be honest with you. I am Lucille Ball. Trust me...  :-\
I am really glad I am getting to you to =)

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2010, 11:38:36 PM »
Curing lepers, huh?  Did they bathe themselves in bird's blood as it instructs in the bible? Or was it strictly through prayer?

I'm not terribly impressed though. Three better testimonials I've read on this site are A.)1,500+ people in Africa have been raised from the dead B.)God gave a latino guy gold fronts for his teeth when he prayed for them (just woke up one morning and POOF! A golden grill) and C.)God let a guy drive an extra 50 miles when his gastank read "E" for empty.

8 lepers? A magically stretchy leg? Meh.
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2010, 11:38:59 PM »

And I dont really care if you believe in what I say. That is your free will. But I do care about where you would go after your time on earth is up.

You and I will both rot. OR I will most likely see you in hell because you failed to worship Jesus and God how he wanted you too (CONSIDERING there are 38000 denominations of Christianity) (then there are the other forgotten gods that might've created the entire world that you fail to worship.)

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2010, 11:41:43 PM »

You and I will both rot. OR I will most likely see you in hell because you failed to worship Jesus and God how he wanted you too (CONSIDERING there are 38000 denominations of Christianity) (then there are the other forgotten gods that might've created the entire world that you fail to worship.)

My church is a non-denomination christian church. I believe that Jesus, is the way the truth and the light. I can pray for you to if you like ;D

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2010, 11:43:44 PM »
I believe that Jesus, is the way the truth and the light.

...and so do 38000 others...

I can pray for you to if you like ;D

please don't.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2010, 11:49:13 PM »

My church is a non-denomination christian church. I believe that Jesus, is the way the truth and the light. I can pray for you to if you like ;D

Well, a few billion people find other ways. He certainly wasn't the truth - he lies demonstratably a few times, and his dad's biography contains falseities on every other page. As far as being "the light"... I don't even know what that means.

You can feel free to pray for me though. You definitely wouldn't be the first lol. I've had dozens of people pray for me to find my way to Jesus. Apparently their faith wasn't strong enough because I've still never felt any inclination to believe any single part of what I consider to be a primitive and totally laughable fairy tale. Maybe you'll finally be the one  to get skydaddy's attention though.  That'd be keen!

I encourage you to check back often. If gawd doesn't answer your prayer immediately, I'm sure it's just one of those "well I'll get around to it eventually" type wish-granting your deity is so fond of.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:51:25 PM by RaymondKHessel »

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2010, 11:50:56 PM »

please don't.
why, if God is not real then my prayers wont work.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2010, 11:53:21 PM »

please don't.

Just a shot in the dark... Because a lot of atheists consider it insulting. It amounts to "Well, whether you like it or not, I'm going to involve YOU PERSONALLY in my dellusions."

Edit: Please learn to quote properly. The post above mine is a hot mess of laziness.

Edit: Oh goodie. You erased it completely. No need to re-post it. I get it. You're happy you have more people on your "prayer list" lol. Is that like Santa's "naughty and nice" list by any chance? Or is it more like a grocery wish-list of trivial bullshit?  :D

"Dear all-powerfull (but strangely ambiguous) space genie... Please cure Sparky's worms, let Aunt Agnes have better bowel regularity, and oh yeah, please guide this person I've never met who doesn't give a damn about me or you to please think like me. Abra Cadabra".  ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:59:56 PM by RaymondKHessel »

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2010, 11:53:32 PM »

Because I'd hate for you to waste your time on your knees talking to yourself while thinking some divine being is hearing you. But it's your life and you can do what you want to.

Offline truehyuga

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Back. For now.
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2010, 11:56:32 PM »
What you allow will always increase; good or bad.

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2010, 11:57:30 PM »
A person had a back problem (maybe hip) because of one side of their leg was longer. So, a brother in the Lord prayed for that individual. The person started to feel their leg get warm and tingle. The person literally felt their shorter leg grow.

It took many things to turn me away from Christianity.  But the ONE event that had the most memorable impact on me was when I saw, with my own eyes, this very miracle trick being performed right in front of me.

It's a trick that I now perform at parties to amuse people.

I've written up the technique here on WWGHA - search my posts and you'll find how it's done - no miracle at all.
Git mit uns

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2010, 12:02:59 AM »
Coo...You are on my prayer list. Thanks! I am new and trying to figure out the correct way of posting. That is why I removed that last message.

Read up on the Quoting FAQ and test quoting on the test board of WWGHA

Your post #105 in the My Testimony thread is a mess.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2010, 12:04:02 AM »
There's a "test" section for a reason Cochise.

I suggest you use it until you figure out what you're doing. Otherwise your nuclear quote-failing is liable to give us all a brain aneurysm.

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2010, 12:07:56 AM »

Coo...You are on my prayer list. Thanks raymond! I am new and trying to figure out the correct way of posting. That is why I removed that last message.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2010, 12:11:48 AM »

Coo...You are on my prayer list. Thanks raymond! I am new and trying to figure out the correct way of posting. That is why I removed that last message.

No problem. Good to know your god is tech savy enough to track down my IP and figure out who I am. With the whole goat fetish and obsession with mutilating people's genitals and curing leoprasy with bird's blood, I was under the impression he/it/whatever was a little behind the times. I'll let you know if I sprout some faith overnight.

But, umm... What if I don't? Doesn't that mean your faith isn't strong enough or something?  :(

Online Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +235/-0
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2010, 12:17:11 AM »

If you honestly think that nonbelievers go to hell after death...

...And you consciously worship a deity whom you believe is the creator and maintainer of that hell, and the judge who condemns non-compliant sentient beings to torture therein...

...Your prayers are deliberate petitions to an unspeakably evil god.  Personally, I see that as either cowardice or complicity.  In My opinion, the only moral option is to choose to go to hell until all other beings are freed from the place.  That is My choice, and it is non-negotiable.

Oh, and don't bother praying for Me, wsyderider.  I receive such "offers" exactly as if someone had attempted to pick Me off with a high-powered rifle.  It is worse than an insult -- It is an attempt to subvert our free will by petitioning an invisible friend to mess with our minds and force faith upon us.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2010, 04:33:52 AM »

So let me understand this then...

You worship a god that presumably created us exactly the way we are and put us on this earth to 'test' us knowling full well that most of his creation would not follow him. He set up the rules which include people like me (and +5 billion other people walking the earth today) going to hell for eternity after we die. He helps your friends pay rent, helps you do a cell phone trick while ignoring more important and urgent problems in this world. He allows suffering on earth and suffering eternally in hell for most of his creature he allegedly 'loves'... and you worship him.

What a sick, twisted delusion this is.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline IAmFirst

« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2010, 05:27:16 AM »

Very good. Please do. I need prayer. In return, I will pray to Odin for you, perhaps Apollo, since you appear to need some heat in your area of CA. ;)

Wsyderider, I do welcome you to this forum. I intend to do my best not to offend a real creature, such as yourself, within their belief preference.

Please don't ask me to respect an illiterate zombie, (Jesus) whom if existed, probably couldn't read or write, more simply explaining why he didn't directly contribute to the holy or divine book which you use as your only source. Sending evil spirits into pigs then sending off a cliff?? Explaining to his disciples in Matthew 5-17-46 that all laws in the Pentateuch MUST be followed and fulfilled before salvation can happen? Are you sitting on a bed or chair with a woman who has menstruated recently (just how god planned) without burning your clothes and washing yourself?
I mean, this IS a direct request of your savior. And let's not forget defiling fig trees. :D

Seriously, I won't attack you, Wsy, but your god and motherless zombie son (who are one and the same) leave a lot of reason to be teased, ridiculed and certainly never worshipped. Making fun of them only requires a full reading of the text.

Heck, if I did worship this atrocity of omnipotence, I'd be admitting I'm a product of incest-- BOTH from the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve and yet again, by the offspring of Noah-- you remember him, the 600 year old man your biblegod enslaved to build an impossible boat and aid and abet an all powerful deity to commit the most preposterous murder in the history of fiction.

I wish you very well and hope you can find faith in all of humanity, and not just the humans who share a similar delusion.

Peace to you. -- IAF
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:29:28 AM by IAmFirst »
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-4
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2010, 05:29:21 AM »
My friend was at the hospital and needed rent money. We prayed and by faith I believe Jesus would pay for it. He called the apartment, and the rent was paid for.

Three points.

1) God clearly has a "soft spot" for your friend.  Why are his prayers for the starving in Africa not answered in the same way?  Heck, for the homeless in your own country?  What is special about you that you have so many prayers granted for things you could fix yourselves?

2) God knows everything.  Why does anyone need to pray at all?  Surely god already knows what we need?  Why did the bills not get paid without your having to ask?

3) As Bereft asked, where DID the money come from?  Did the rental company's bank balance suddenly change, as the direct work of god interfering with the bank system?  Did you consider that someone else may have been paying?.....how do you (as a Christian) feel about the fact that you may have been receiving money from someone who was unaware they were doing it, and for whom the extra expense may have caused problems?

Hello again wsyderider - just wondering if you'd had a chance to consider these questions?

I note that you have continued to give further examples of when prayer has apparently worked for you - out of curiosity, why are you bothering?  You could, quite literally, give thousands of unsupported example - but I can assure you it wouldn't mean anything.  There is not some critical mass of text that will suddenly make us think "876 stories...naaah, don't believe it.  877....hang on.....878......Praise Jesus!  I believe!"

I would suggest you please refrain from bothering with more examples, and perhaps engage with the questions you have been asked about your original story - reproduce above for your convenience.  You'll note that none of them accuse you of lying about the rent getting paid, but rather about what the appearance of that money says about your god ....and about you.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline GetMeThere

« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2010, 05:56:53 AM »
One of my friends got raped and she end of getting herpes. She would pray and people at church prayed that she would get healed and she did. It was a great testimony at church (although they did not mention her name because she wanted to be kept anonymous). But then again, people will again say I am lying.

No. I wouldn't say you are lying; I would say you are deluding yourself--and that is directly evident from what you've said: There's no way to say someone has been "healed" from herpes. Herpes comes and goes on it's own, and when it goes there's no simple test for it's presence. A normal case of herpes would be expected to act exactly in the manner that your friend's has.

Furthermore, quite candidly....might it be true that maybe your friend also is trying to be....agreeable? Loving people pray for her and...well, she decides she's getting better? Is anyone from the congregation examining her genitals to verify that the herpes outbreak has disappeared (which, as I said before, it would be EXPECTED TO, anyhow)? I doubt it. Almost ALL sick people given some "medicine" will subsequently report that they feel at least "a little bit better."

Offline changeling

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2010, 07:10:28 AM »

I believe what the website says. I've read the website many times. I am getting offensive because you are blatantly lying right to our::virtual:: faces.

Even still all of California is warmer than all of NY and I still pay MORE for electricity in NY than I did when I lived in California and I've NEVER seen a bill higher than 100 bucks in my entire life.

There are many reasons to think that wsyderider may be lying for jesus, but his electric bill should not be one of them.

I live in a modest home in a rural area that gets power from REMC. My electric bill averages $220.00 per month and I do not heat with
electric heat. In fact I live in the woods and use a wood burner to heat in the winter in order to save money.
The level of dumb they have to sell, is only made remotely possible by the level of flocking their sheep are willing to do in the name of rewards for no thought. quote: Kin Hell

"Faith is the enemy of evidence, for when we know the truth, no faith is required." Graybeard

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2010, 08:26:29 AM »

I'd like you to pray for me. What are you going to pray for? Let me know so I can report to the forum if anything happens.