Author Topic: My testimony.  (Read 8503 times)

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
Re: My testimony.
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 04:22:06 PM »
Well, how would you know Jesus is not healing millions in Africa? I mean I personally went to Mozambique, Africa and he healed those individuals. I experienced the healing and was not something that I read.

How do I know he's not healing Africans?

You don't know the first thing about the Burden of Proof do you? It's your claim, so it's up to you to prove it. We have no obligation to disprove it. Do you think we are idiots who have never had someone come here claiming that Jesus heals? Where is your proof of healing?

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2010, 04:22:59 PM »
Wysderider must be a special person, in favor with his god. After all his god showers miracles down upon him and ignores the problems of this world. But anecdotes don't count here so Wysrderider get busy praying for some unambiguous event to occur so you can tell us how your god did something we can all see and test. Also, Wysderider, how do you know your god is what you think? Don't you know there have been thousands of gods during humanity's time on earth?

Do you read your bible too? Do you believe in talking snakes, world-wide floods and a 6,000 + year-old earth.

From my beliefs. I believe Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. This is my belief because the personal experience and by my studying. I mean if God wants to have talking snakes and talking donkeys. I would not doubt that because I experienced many spiritual things: healing, miraculous signs, had demonic attacks, etc.

Offline Don_Quixote

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2010, 04:25:27 PM »
Wysderider must be a special person, in favor with his god. After all his god showers miracles down upon him and ignores the problems of this world. But anecdotes don't count here so Wysrderider get busy praying for some unambiguous event to occur so you can tell us how your god did something we can all see and test. Also, Wysderider, how do you know your god is what you think? Don't you know there have been thousands of gods during humanity's time on earth?

Do you read your bible too? Do you believe in talking snakes, world-wide floods and a 6,000 + year-old earth.

From my beliefs. I believe Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. This is my belief because the personal experience and by my studying. I mean if God wants to have talking snakes and talking donkeys. I would not doubt that because I experienced many spiritual things: healing, miraculous signs, had demonic attacks, etc.

And everything you shoot is baseless claim after baseless claim. I don't see why you wouldn't doubt about talking snakes and donkeys but what about the claims of other religions where they also spiritual things the same way. Why are theirs different from yours in anyway that would make us things it is your and only god? what are those healing, miraculous signs and demonic attacks you talk about?

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2010, 07:08:23 PM »
we went in the leprorsy ward in the hospital in Mozambique, Africa. What happened was that a couple of months down the line. One of the leaders (from our ministry) went back to the hospital and asked where the people we prayed for. The hospital mentioned that because they were all healed, they all left the hospital.

You do know that antibiotics cure leprosy?  :shrug  And very effectively too.

Medicines Used to Cure Leprosy
In order to cure leprosy, doctors generally prescribe antibiotics that kill Mycobacterium leprae (the bacteria that cause leprosy). Because Mycobacterium leprae can be resistant to certain antibiotics, a combination of antibiotics is often used. The three most commonly used antibiotics are:

•Rifampin
•Dapsone
•Clofazimine.

Treatment of leprosy differs depending on the form of the disease. Treatment generally continues for one year for tuberculoid leprosy and two years for lepromatous leprosy. With treatment, less than 0.1 percent of people fail to be cured of leprosy.

http://diseases.emedtv.com/leprosy/cure-leprosy.html
Git mit uns

Offline MockTurtle

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +4/-1
  • The power of reason compels you!
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2010, 07:48:22 PM »
we went in the leprorsy ward in the hospital in Mozambique, Africa. What happened was that a couple of months down the line. One of the leaders (from our ministry) went back to the hospital and asked where the people we prayed for. The hospital mentioned that because they were all healed, they all left the hospital.

So your story is that someone you know was told by some person at the hospital that people, presumably in the hospital for medical treatment and not prayer, were cured of a disease easily healed with doxycycline and you assume that it was the prayer?

Even if they weren't healed, doesn't it seem more likely that the hospital staff lied to your cult leader so you would leave their patients alone?  The country is only about 50% xian after all...  unless you were only praying for xians there is a 50/50 chance they didn't want you bothering them.

If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality. — Paul Dirac

Offline truehyuga

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Back. For now.
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 08:08:07 PM »
People like this were the reason that for the majority of my childhood I thought the majority of Christians were, for lack of a better word, trolling. Then I realized people like this actually exist and believe what they are saying.
What you allow will always increase; good or bad.

Offline Odin

• Reader
  • Darwins +13/-2
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 08:24:40 PM »
Welcome Richard.  Can I get God to pay my rent this month? ;)
Let me know, I  can pray for it  =)

Dude, like, don't be so small.  I can pay my rent.  What I need is, like, $100 large this week delivered to my door.  $20 bills will be ok.

Thor's mom needs a new pair of shoes.

Odin, King of the Gods

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 08:29:04 PM »
People like this were the reason that for the majority of my childhood I thought the majority of Christians were, for lack of a better word, trolling. Then I realized people like this actually exist and believe what they are saying.

That's how it was for me,too. I was about seventeen before I met my first fundamentalist. Before that I had never seriously considered the possibility that there were people in the modern world who actually believed this stuff.

Wsyderider is reminding me of Supra and the proof of healing he tried to provide that I tore apart. I wonder if Wsyderider will provide any factual evidence for anything he/she says.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 08:29:53 PM »
I am here just to share my testimony of Jesus.

If I'm not mistaken, that is against the terms of service of use of this forum.

This forum and its posters are not here for you to witness to or testify to.

Please refrain from trying to witness to or evangelize us.

It's patently offensive.
Not all those who wander are lost; some are buried in my backyard. . .

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +44/-0
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2010, 08:48:48 PM »
Don't you just love how god will help junkies and alcoholics at there lowest point in life.

Yup. Rather sad, isn't it. I am sure everyone here has had low points in their lives and some of us might not have turned to jesus to "save" us; we analyzed the situation and found our own way out and took full credit for it.

wsyderider, I know how you must've felt with the drugs and alcohol. A few years ago I spent some time in rehab and another 5 months in counseling for drugs and alcohol. I hate to break it to you but you escaped all that on your own grounds, with no divine intervention, so stop giving god the credit because you are the only reason you are clean. Deep down inside you decided to get sober yourself.

If your god is so wonderful he should definitely give those kids something special instead of you. Even in your darkest moment, your most lowest point in life your suffering comes no where even close to what the starving children are dealing with. Starvation is probably the hardest thing to cope with because it's a long and painful death, much worse than withdrawal effects from drugs, not hangovers, not even having a broken cell phone. Even if your god exists and what you say is true I most definitely would not worship him for simply forgetting/ignoring those who need a lot more than we do.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2010, 09:03:24 PM »
When I would evangelize, people would tell me that they had to see something big for them to believe in God.

Look the crowd here on WWGHA is not easily convinced (nor should it be), our BS detectors are finely tuned. And we've seen loads of BS before.

But I think it would be quite productive for everyone if wsyderider and UniversityPastor would have a discussion here to clarify their opposing views about the methods of the very same God:

Well for example. My answer to the title question "Why won't God heal Amputees?" Is "because he doesn't heal much of anybody miraculously, the stories we all hear are wrong"

How about it chaps - you can't both be right  :shrug  But you could both be wrong if this is unresolved - so please nut it out to convince us which of you is worth listening to.
Git mit uns

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2010, 09:23:22 PM »
Welcome wsyderider,

You said some pretty silly things, none of which in my opinion point to the existence of a god, let alone a xian one.  But you also said some things I think are potentially dangerous to you and to anyone you might meet.  Specifically this bit about hearing god:

I believe about hearing the voice of the Lord. When I was really young I was able to hear the audible voice of God.... The pastor looked at him and said, "Hey, the Lord told you to pray for the woman in the blue.”

There were two men, not two long ago, who also believed they could hear god talking to them.  Their names were Ron and Dan Lafferty.  They thought god told them to murder several people, including their sister in law and her infant daughter.  Because they truly believed it was from god, they did it. When people hear voices, we call that "crazy".  But for some reason, when they say the voice is from god, it suddenly becomes acceptable.  Why is that?

That is why 1 John 4 in the bible says to test the spirits. I would ask God for confirmation to make sure it is from him. There been times I heard things that was not from God. Remember when God speaks, it does not contradict him Word. For example. My mom is Catholic and awhile back, she started to hear from God. She said God, who are you? She heard a voice say I Am who I Am (this is in Exodus 3:14). Many years passed and me and my mom started talking about Jesus. She said a while back, she asked the Lord, " who are you?" She said the Lord said, " I am who I am." I told my mom, " that it was the name the Lord revealed himself to Moses in the bible in Exodus 3. She said, "Foreal? I did not know that." When God speaks it confirms in the bible and does no contradict. The voices she heard was from her psychological issue or from the devil. For example (i have lots of stories =), my friend was at Startbucks and he saw this woman all talking to herself. She looked like she was on drugs for many years in her life. His wife said to go talk to her. He went over there and started to talk to her. He started to talk to her. She then said, " So your dad is a gypsy (nationality). And my friend said yes he it. And then she said , " too bad he is dead now." She new all these things about his dad. At the end my friend said, " I have to go now." She then said, " What you are doing for the Lord keep doning it." He was then confused if this was from God or the devil. 1 Corinthinan 14:33 says For God is not the God of confusion, but of peace. This was the works of the devil and not the Lord.

[modbreak]Fixed quotes[/modbreak]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:57:47 PM by Moderator_019 »

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2010, 09:26:48 PM »
When I would evangelize, people would tell me that they had to see something big for them to believe in God.

Look the crowd here on WWGHA is not easily convinced (nor should it be), our BS detectors are finely tuned. And we've seen loads of BS before.

But I think it would be quite productive for everyone if wsyderider and UniversityPastor would have a discussion here to clarify their opposing views about the methods of the very same God:

Well for example. My answer to the title question "Why won't God heal Amputees?" Is "because he doesn't heal much of anybody miraculously, the stories we all hear are wrong"

How about it chaps - you can't both be right  :shrug  But you could both be wrong if this is unresolved - so please nut it out to convince us which of you is worth listening to.

I mean, why would I lie for Jesus. I am just contradicting him if i do. You can believe or not. It is your choice.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +44/-0
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2010, 09:32:34 PM »
I mean, why would I lie for Jesus. I am just contradicting him if i do. You can believe or not. It is your choice.

A lot of what you are saying sounds like you are lying. The electrical company wouldn't give their service away for free like you said in your OP. I suggest you study up on kilowatt hours because a 100 dollar electric bill sounds rather steep and rather unbelievable for an apartment. Your cell phone story sounds like make up garbage. What other conclusion can I come up with other than you're lying?!?  :shrug

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2010, 09:33:12 PM »
Miracles are never convincing.  Which god orchestrated them, there are claims from all religions that miracles occur, so forgive my air of scepticism, but odds are it ain't some magical sky daddy doing little favours.  Where are the big favours then?  I'm sure world peace and ending starvation in Africa are a hell of a lot more important than one guys rent, or someone's mobile phone.  Are you telling the truth is always an issue, so often does the truth become so inflated to create the impression of miracles and can be so willing to accept that explanation without ever looking deeper or for more evidence to try and explain something strange.

Here's the kicker, it wasn't the Christian God helping, it was Allah, best get moving over to Islam!

Jesus is big and if he wants to end starvation and world peace, he can. Each person to him he loves. So a person i minister to is equaly loved to a starving child in Africa.

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »

You do know that antibiotics cure leprosy?  :shrug  And very effectively too.

Medicines Used to Cure Leprosy
In order to cure leprosy, doctors generally prescribe antibiotics that kill Mycobacterium leprae (the bacteria that cause leprosy). Because Mycobacterium leprae can be resistant to certain antibiotics, a combination of antibiotics is often used. The three most commonly used antibiotics are:

•Rifampin
•Dapsone
•Clofazimine.

Treatment of leprosy differs depending on the form of the disease. Treatment generally continues for one year for tuberculoid leprosy and two years for lepromatous leprosy. With treatment, less than 0.1 percent of people fail to be cured of leprosy.

http://diseases.emedtv.com/leprosy/cure-leprosy.html
This is Mozambique Africa and not in America. If they were in America, it may have been a different story where they would be taking medications.

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2010, 09:40:40 PM »
Looks like a rapid-fire drive by ... landed a few hits in a few threads and took off into the horizon.

It is labor day and I have friends and family I was spending the day with. i cant be online 24/7

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2010, 09:41:09 PM »
This is Mozambique Africa and not in America. If they were in America, it may have been a different story where they would be taking medications.

No. Not really. Are you unaware of the various organizations that provide "modern-day" medicine to such countries? Organizations like Doctors Without Borders?

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2010, 09:45:31 PM »
I typically believe that when people say this,

I am not lying to you.

they usually are lying.

I don't believe a single word of your story, wsyderider. But assuming what happened in your "testimony" really did happen it's just one more case of god being a complete jerk.  He paid your friend's rent and he give you a new cellphone, or something. Great. Nice material goods he's hooking you and your friend up with when he's doing jack for those who are in more dire situations than you and your friend were in. Believe it or not you don't need a cell phone to live, but he fixed yours somehow, while there are millions who are starving to death.

Any 100 bucks for an electric bill while living in an apartment. Damn. I own a house and I pay about 65 bucks a month. It is pretty much impossible for an electric bill to be less than about 40 dollars a month and you need to be completely retarded to leave all your appliances running to get it over 100 bucks a month. Again, don't believe a word of it.
If you live in  AlamedA County in California, you will understand everything is expensive here. I paid for a one bedroom apartment for 1265. Also, my friend was using the heater. Try using your house heater and understand it can be expensive. My parents b4 paid about $500 for their electric bill because it was a cold winter.

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2010, 09:46:28 PM »

No. Not really. Are you unaware of the various organizations that provide "modern-day" medicine to such countries? Organizations like Doctors Without Borders?
They dont go to every hospital, every clinic or even every home in the world.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +44/-0
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2010, 09:47:16 PM »
They dont go to every hospital, every clinic or even every home in the world.

You obviously have no idea what they do.

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2010, 09:48:05 PM »

Here is another crazy one that is just totally outrageous. One day I dropped my cell phone in my sink. It was filled with water. I pulled my phone out the sink and it was broken. I went to the gym the next day. I saw my friend who I have not seen in about 1 year (he came to my church last year and gave his life to Jesus). We were talking for about 5 minutes. ...

That's really amazing! God plays with cell phones while children starve! I guess he has to have a break from looking down on starving kids every once in a while.

Thank you Hal.  A pic is worth a thousand words.  You said everything that needed to be said about this poster.  Silly Christians.

I do missionary work to help in this area. I went to Africa, Mexico, and Philippines.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:01:26 PM by Moderator_019 »

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »
Okay, wsyderider, I found it.

I will ask you one last time to refrain from witnessing, testifying, evangelizing or any other variation of that word here.

You need to check out some very basic forum rules, etiquette and FAQ before you continue, or I'm afraid I will, in fact, make a specific notification to a moderator.

Stated in the rules,

What this forum is NOT:

"It is not a venue for preaching or evangelism. People who come here to preach or evangelise will quickly find that they have outstayed their welcome."

In particular, please read this link, because your continued preaching is getting offensive.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=3998.0

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2010, 09:50:03 PM »
I agree with Emily. I don't buy a bit of it. I am usually reticent of calling someone a liar, but this kind of tripe is just beyond credulity. I honestly believe that this entire post is a big ol' fib.
You can believe what you want.  All I am doing is sharing my faith. I am not asking you to believe. i am just sharing my experience

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2010, 09:50:32 PM »

Listen my friend, you are making even more things up now.  I happen to know quite a lot about Africa, including Mozambique.  

This may come as a shock to you but I personally saved many amputees in Africa - without medicine.  I did it by lifting landmines and preventing people from becoming amputees in the first place.  And with regard to medicines in Africa - sure they don't have as much as they would like but it's a lie to suggest they have none, and that they don't use them for leprosy patients in hospitals.  Much of my mine-lifting career was done clearing the way for convoys taking doctors, medicines and aid to people in war zones.
Git mit uns

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2010, 09:52:33 PM »
I agree with Emily. I don't buy a bit of it. I am usually reticent of calling someone a liar, but this kind of tripe is just beyond credulity. I honestly believe that this entire post is a big ol' fib.
You can believe what you want.  All I am doing is sharing my faith. I am not asking you to believe. i am just sharing my experience

1) Why are you sharing your "faith"?

2) Why are you sharing your "faith" on this particular forum?

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-0
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2010, 09:58:42 PM »
You can believe what you want.  All I am doing is sharing my faith. I am not asking you to believe. i am just sharing my experience

Sharing subjective religious experiences is not what this forum is about.  Do you actually believe that we have never heard the message you're preaching?  

Unless you have some empirical data to support your claims -- Objective physical evidence that your god exists and is the *only* possible agent that could explain your experiences -- Kindly refrain.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2010, 10:00:32 PM »
You can believe what you want.  All I am doing is sharing my faith. I am not asking you to believe. i am just sharing my experience

1) Why are you sharing your "faith"?

2) Why are you sharing your "faith" on this particular forum?

On the website said if I am christian, I can leave my testimony. So......yeah

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:03:37 PM by Moderator_019 »

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +44/-0
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2010, 10:00:58 PM »
If you live in  AlamedA County in California, you will understand everything is expensive here. I paid for a one bedroom apartment for 1265. Also, my friend was using the heater. Try using your house heater and understand it can be expensive. My parents b4 paid about $500 for their electric bill because it was a cold winter.

Cut the crap. I still don't believe a word of it. I have a washer, dryer, fridge, central air, a bunch of computers and other things using electricity and my last bill was 68 dollars. How cold can it get in Alameda Country? In the winter months alone it seems to be in the 50/60's range[1], when where I live it's usually in the teens/twenties[2] in the winter months. I used to live in LA so I know all about the winters in both southern and northern California.

And a kilowatt hour in California is still LESS than that in NY (where I live)
http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/cost.html
 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland,_California#Climate
 2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo,_New_York#Climate