Author Topic: My testimony.  (Read 9213 times)

Offline wsyderider

My testimony.
« on: September 06, 2010, 03:41:10 AM »
I was on CARM.ORG and stumbled upon this sight. When I was on the site, the site was asking for any Christians to share your belief. I am here not to knock on anyone’s belief. I am here just to share my testimony of Jesus. I was born and raised in Oakland, Ca. If you are not familiar with this area, it is one the most dangerous places to live in America. I was up to no good fighting, drugs, alcohol, etc. I tried to OD off drugs one night because my life was falling apart. I took so much that night, I woke up and saw this figure all black about 10 feet high. I punched it and it became a little poodle running around my room. For two weeks, I thought someone was following me. Through all that, I changed my life and gave my life to Jesus.

I have seen many miracles happen in front of my face. For example, my friend was in the hospital and was not doing good. He had no money for rent. He called me up asking if we can pray because he had no rent money. We prayed and I believed it was paid for. He called the apartment up and it was paid for that month. He called me up again next month because he had no rent. We prayed and he called them up and they said that it was paid for 3 months. After the third month, he called me again for the same reason. We prayed and he called them up. The mentioned it was paid for until the end of the year. He did not have to pay for rent for 2 years and 3 months and did not pay for PG&E for 7 month. Also, there were times he owed like 100 dollars for the electric bill. He prayed and it would either be free or down to about 15 bucks.

Here is another crazy one that is just totally outrageous. One day I dropped my cell phone in my sink. It was filled with water. I pulled my phone out the sink and it was broken. I went to the gym the next day. I saw my friend who I have not seen in about 1 year (he came to my church last year and gave his life to Jesus). We were talking for about 5 minutes. He said to me, "Hey, you called me today." I told him that that was impossible because my phone was broken and I did not have that broken phone with me. He was saying that I did call. He said for me to go with him to his car. When we went to his car, he pulled his phone out. He showed me the received calls.  I am not lying to you. It said that I called him around 5:30 pm and I saw him at the gym around 7:30pm. I was saying that is not possible because my phone was broken and I did not have the phone with me. There is more to it.........He then said to me, "How did you get my new phone number?" He had a new 10 digit phone number!!!!(he had a new area code). What is the chances of me dialing any 7 digit phone number and actually calling you?(like about 1/1000000) How about any 10 numbers? (like one in a trillion). But a broken phone do that? Illogical and impossible. I told him that God was revealing himself to him and blah blah blah.  I took his phone and called my phone and left his new number on my voicemail. Anyone here have AT&T or T mobile? You know those phones have sims cards (you can store your numbers in there) you can take out and put it in another phone. My friend gave me a phone and I put the sim card from my broken phone and put it in my friend's phone. Later that night, I saw my friend's (from the gym) number on my phone (because from the sim card). In my head, I was like maybe I did have his new number. I checked my voicemail and the number on my voicemail and phone were two different numbers. That was truly a miraculous sign. I believe my friend had to see that for him to believe. When I would evangelize, people would tell me that they had to see something big for them to believe in God. I believe this was something he really had to see for him to believe (it also encouraged me alot)

I believe about hearing the voice of the Lord. When I was really young I was able to hear the audible voice of God. I was praying and I fell asleep. In a loud audible voice I heard "Richard!". I opened my eyes and looked around. I knew God woke me up to finish praying. I remember on the airplane going to Africa ( to do missionary work). I was reading my bible. a lady walks by and saw me reading my bible. She started sharing her testimony. She said, “This is what God is doing in my life. If you read the book of Revelations it talks about a women, this women gets these wings, and takes her to a desert place." Then I heard, " Revelation 12." When she left I opened up my bible to that. The story she was talking about was in Revelation 12. I did not know that at all. Jesus told me when I she was talking to me...O yeah in Africa, about 8 people were healed from leprosy when we prayed for them.

I remember of our old Exe. Pastor in church shared how he heard the voice of God. The Lord spoke to him and said to pray for the woman in the blue. He was telling God that he cannot do that because the pastor is preaching. So, he told Jesus to tell the pastor preaching to tell him and then he will pray for the woman. About 5-10 minutes passed and the Pastor stopped his sermon. The pastor looked at him and said, "Hey, the Lord told you to pray for the woman in the blue.”

I have seen exorcists in front of my face too. If you want to hear more stuff,  feel  free the message me. I am new to this site. Thank you for reading. Once again, I am not here to knock what you believe. All I [youtube][youtube][/youtube][/youtube]can do is share my testimony. I hope you were encouraged in any way, shape, or form. Thank you and Jesus loves you!

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
Re: My testimony.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 04:14:51 AM »
Illogical and impossible.

Well thanks for sharing all that with us Richard.  I'm sure we are going to have lots of interesting discussions about "illogical and impossible" things with you  :D
Git mit uns

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 04:31:32 AM »
O yeah in Africa, about 8 people were healed from leprosy when we prayed for them.

Not exactly eight but "about" eight  :o   Give or take one or a few.   Can you describe their condition before and after being "healed" please.

Any amputees sorted out while you were at it  :shrug 

Git mit uns

Offline OnePerson

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 04:48:40 AM »
People call anything they see miracles these days.  Probably because real miracles are so hard to find, so they latch onto anything that's remotely close.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 04:55:52 AM »
This thread was duplicated here:

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=15657.new#new

I'll reply in the other thread.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 04:57:08 AM »
wsyderider  welcome

I suggest you read the forum rules and etiquette before you post anymore.

Your OP as entertaining as it is, clearly fails to follow those guidelines.

This site is not interested in any of your anecdotes, unless you can provide evidence.  Personal experience and testimony is of no use to us at all without corroboration, and is not accepted here.

Perhaps you are not aware of the statement that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof".

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 04:59:57 AM »
wsyderider, since 'god' paid the rent for someone for over 2 years and also helped you magically dial your friend's new number ... and he healed about 8 people in africa ...

... and since he is NOT healing the millions of innocent children starving in africa... or preventing kids from being raped by their pastors...

... would you agree that this god you worship is a major dick?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:18:58 AM by plethora »

Offline Operator_011

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-1
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 05:41:40 AM »
Hi wsyderider. Welcome to the forum.

You duplicated this topic in the WWGHA section, where it should not sit as the WWGHA section is to discuss the GII material only. Duplicating the topic in two sections was also unnecessary and is considered trolling.
I've merged all posts into this topic and trashed the one in the WWGHA section.

Here's some links to some of the key FAQ's and Rules:

WWGHA Rules
, For Christians,
Forum Etiquette Guide
, Notes For New Members,
Introduction To This Forum For Christians

I recommend taking a few minutes to read them and to familiarize yourself with the community you've just joined before posting yourself into hot water.

Good luck.

Eleven.

Former Moderator Account

Offline anthony_retford

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 06:39:45 AM »
Wysderider must be a special person, in favor with his god. After all his god showers miracles down upon him and ignores the problems of this world. But anecdotes don't count here so Wysrderider get busy praying for some unambiguous event to occur so you can tell us how your god did something we can all see and test. Also, Wysderider, how do you know your god is what you think? Don't you know there have been thousands of gods during humanity's time on earth?

Do you read your bible too? Do you believe in talking snakes, world-wide floods and a 6,000 + year-old earth.
People are 'erroneously confident' in their knowledge and underestimate the odds that their information or beliefs will be proved wrong. They tend to seek additional information in ways that confirm what they already believe.
Max Bazenman, Harvard University

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 07:23:53 AM »
Welcome Richard.  Can I get God to pay my rent this month? ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline CutePuppy

• Unleashed Pet
  • Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • Beware Of Puppy
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 08:11:37 AM »
What I've always found a bit odd is why none of these people claiming that god is real, prayers work and miracles do happen pray for world peace? Or the end of suffering?

You'd think one of them at least would figure out that that's a good thing to pray for, right?

So why would god be nice and miraculous enough to use your broken mobile to call your friend (wow, god truly is amazing, isn't he?) or pay for your rent and not save children world wide from starving or getting (brutally) killed one way or the other?

Any more important tricks this almighty and loving god wants to perform before he fancies something as insignificant as world peace? Maybe he'll give you the ability to tie your shoes with your eyes closed?

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 08:55:45 AM »
Well I'm convinced. Where do I sign up?

PS. Will god pay my mortgage or does it only work for rented accommodation?
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline MockTurtle

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +4/-1
  • The power of reason compels you!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 09:06:06 AM »
I've heard many similar stories from people who were deluded, lying, or insane.  Do you have any actual evidence that supports you claims?

(Sounds Poe-ish to me, but you never can tell)
If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality. — Paul Dirac

Offline Rokusho

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 09:17:44 AM »
Miracles are never convincing.  Which god orchestrated them, there are claims from all religions that miracles occur, so forgive my air of scepticism, but odds are it ain't some magical sky daddy doing little favours.  Where are the big favours then?  I'm sure world peace and ending starvation in Africa are a hell of a lot more important than one guys rent, or someone's mobile phone.  Are you telling the truth is always an issue, so often does the truth become so inflated to create the impression of miracles and can be so willing to accept that explanation without ever looking deeper or for more evidence to try and explain something strange.

Here's the kicker, it wasn't the Christian God helping, it was Allah, best get moving over to Islam!

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 09:20:13 AM »

Here is another crazy one that is just totally outrageous. One day I dropped my cell phone in my sink. It was filled with water. I pulled my phone out the sink and it was broken. I went to the gym the next day. I saw my friend who I have not seen in about 1 year (he came to my church last year and gave his life to Jesus). We were talking for about 5 minutes. ...

That's really amazing! God plays with cell phones while children starve! I guess he has to have a break from looking down on starving kids every once in a while.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 09:33:10 AM »
Welcome wsyderider,

You said some pretty silly things, none of which in my opinion point to the existence of a god, let alone a xian one.  But you also said some things I think are potentially dangerous to you and to anyone you might meet.  Specifically this bit about hearing god:

I believe about hearing the voice of the Lord. When I was really young I was able to hear the audible voice of God.... The pastor looked at him and said, "Hey, the Lord told you to pray for the woman in the blue.”

There were two men, not two long ago, who also believed they could hear god talking to them.  Their names were Ron and Dan Lafferty.  They thought god told them to murder several people, including their sister in law and her infant daughter.  Because they truly believed it was from god, they did it. When people hear voices, we call that "crazy".  But for some reason, when they say the voice is from god, it suddenly becomes acceptable.  Why is that?

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 09:36:12 AM »
Looks like a rapid-fire drive by ... landed a few hits in a few threads and took off into the horizon.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 10:17:21 AM »
I typically believe that when people say this,

I am not lying to you.

they usually are lying.

I don't believe a single word of your story, wsyderider. But assuming what happened in your "testimony" really did happen it's just one more case of god being a complete jerk.  He paid your friend's rent and he give you a new cellphone, or something. Great. Nice material goods he's hooking you and your friend up with when he's doing jack for those who are in more dire situations than you and your friend were in. Believe it or not you don't need a cell phone to live, but he fixed yours somehow, while there are millions who are starving to death.

Any 100 bucks for an electric bill while living in an apartment. Damn. I own a house and I pay about 65 bucks a month. It is pretty much impossible for an electric bill to be less than about 40 dollars a month and you need to be completely retarded to leave all your appliances running to get it over 100 bucks a month. Again, don't believe a word of it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:21:31 AM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 10:44:30 AM »

Here is another crazy one that is just totally outrageous. One day I dropped my cell phone in my sink. It was filled with water. I pulled my phone out the sink and it was broken. I went to the gym the next day. I saw my friend who I have not seen in about 1 year (he came to my church last year and gave his life to Jesus). We were talking for about 5 minutes. ...

That's really amazing! God plays with cell phones while children starve! I guess he has to have a break from looking down on starving kids every once in a while.

Thank you Hal.  A pic is worth a thousand words.  You said everything that needed to be said about this poster.  Silly Christians.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 11:47:24 AM by Nick »
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Xero-Kill

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-0
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 10:56:58 AM »
I agree with Emily. I don't buy a bit of it. I am usually reticent of calling someone a liar, but this kind of tripe is just beyond credulity. I honestly believe that this entire post is a big ol' fib.
"Our fathers were our models for God. If our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about God? You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen."

~Tyler Durden

Offline Don_Quixote

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »
Funny... I've also seen people get healed when I prayed to Zeus. Blasphemy! You ignore Zeus the true god  &)

Offline JL

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • Jin Jing ??...You are beautiful :)
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 11:58:37 AM »

Cheeky  ;D
"Religion is regarded by the common man as true, the wise man as false, and the rulers as useful"

Now listening to--> Linda Chung 'My Love Story Album'

For Jazz :Exotica by Paul Taylor + The Dream by David Sanborn and Latin Quarter by Marc Antoine

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »
 Don't you just love how god will help junkies and alcoholics at there lowest point in life. The poor African children are starving to death at a rate of 4000 per hour because it is part of gods master plan,but he can help a couple of junkies  PATHETIC
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Noman Peopled

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-1
  • [insert wittycism]
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2010, 03:39:40 PM »
Don't you just love how god will help junkies and alcoholics at there lowest point in life.
To be fair, he only helps some - plenty of them die. I guess some junkies are more deserving than others.
Also, considering the positively catastrophic success rate of the AA's religious twelve-step program, he doesn't like helping alcoholics all that much.
Actually, alcoholics recuperating on their own or with help from their families have a higher succes rate. I guess they have a better god. Or maybe AA members just suck at praying.

Or is there another explanation?

I tried to OD off drugs one night because my life was falling apart. I took so much that night, I woke up and saw this figure all black about 10 feet high. I punched it and it became a little poodle running around my room. For two weeks, I thought someone was following me. Through all that, I changed my life and gave my life to Jesus.
That seems a healthy basis for a life-changing decision.

I have seen many miracles happen in front of my face. For example, my friend was in the hospital and was not doing good. He had no money for rent. He called me up asking if we can pray because he had no rent money. We prayed and I believed it was paid for. He called the apartment up and it was paid for that month.
I got free health insurance for half a year. It's called an error. That's just one alternative explanation.
Also, anecdotes are entertaining and all, but without something to back them up they won't convince anyone. Not here, anyway.

I told him that God was revealing himself to him and blah blah blah.
Something unexplained happened. Therefore -> god. Not only a god, but a specific god. No Gaian consciousness. No astral dolphins. Not a one in a billion chance (which btw will happen quite routinely with close to seven billion people available). No mischievous aliens or faeries or something as yet unimagined. No, it was god.
Also, unexplained =/= unexplainable =/= miraculous.

What measures have you undertaken to ascertain what you experienced was in fact effected by a supernatural agent as opposed to chance or other factors? What measures have you undertaken to ascertain this supernatural agent is a god talking to you? What measures have you taken to ascertain that your hearing voices is not an effect of mental illness or an effect of drug use?
"Deferinate" itself appears to be a new word... though I'm perfectly carmotic with it.
-xphobe

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 04:07:04 PM »
O yeah in Africa, about 8 people were healed from leprosy when we prayed for them.

Not exactly eight but "about" eight  :o   Give or take one or a few.   Can you describe their condition before and after being "healed" please.

Any amputees sorted out while you were at it  :shrug  

I said about 8 beause it was like 7 years ago. i dont recall every last bit. I do remember two individuals having elephantitis (their leg looked loke elephant skin and leg was swollen). we went in the leprorsy ward in the hospital in Mozambique, Africa. What happened was that a couple of months down the line. One of the leaders (from our ministry) went back to the hospital and asked where the people we prayed for. The hospital mentioned that because they were all healed, they all left the hospital.

[modbreak]Fixed quotes[/modbreak]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:12:10 PM by Moderator_019 »

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2010, 04:10:46 PM »
wsyderider, since 'god' paid the rent for someone for over 2 years and also helped you magically dial your friend's new number ... and he healed about 8 people in africa ...

... and since he is NOT healing the millions of innocent children starving in africa... or preventing kids from being raped by their pastors...

... would you agree that this god you worship is a major dick?
Well, how would you know Jesus is not healing millions in Africa? I mean I personally went to Mozambique, Africa and he healed those individuals. I experienced the healing and was not something that I read.

[modbreak]Fixed quotes.  Wsyderider, please make sure the end [/quote] tag comes before your reply.  Thanks.[/modbreak]

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:17:43 PM by Moderator_019 »

Offline wsyderider

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 04:11:47 PM »
Let me know, I  can pray for it  =)

Offline OnePerson

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 04:12:15 PM »
Yeah, you know, it's kind of the hospital's job to heal people.

Quote from: wsyderider
Well, how would you know Jesus is not healing millions in Africa? I mean I personally went to Mozambique, Africa and he healed those individuals. I experienced the healing and was not something that I read.

I know research is hard for you, but go research the current state of Africa.  If Jesus is healing anyone there, he's doing a crappy job of it.

Offline Don_Quixote

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 04:17:47 PM »
Why is it so hard for him to heal all children at same time?  :shrug