Author Topic: (No Subject) [#471]  (Read 419 times)

Offline PostalGirl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Just your friendly neighborhood postal girl!
(No Subject) [#471]
« on: September 28, 2008, 08:50:18 PM »
Great website.  Just one suggestion.  If you want to attract a global audience you should
remove the reference to America from the first paragraph on your home page - ie. 'one of
the most important questions in America today...'  Any non-american (like myself) reading
this immediately sees the site as irrelevant to them and / or concerning only americans.
And maybe you could mention briefly the absurdity of ALL religions, not just
christianity. Otherwise, good job on the site.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: (No Subject) [#471]
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 05:58:56 AM »
Great website.  Just one suggestion.  If you want to attract a global audience you should
remove the reference to America from the first paragraph on your home page - ie. 'one of
the most important questions in America today...'  Any non-american (like myself) reading
this immediately sees the site as irrelevant to them and / or concerning only americans.
And maybe you could mention briefly the absurdity of ALL religions, not just
christianity. Otherwise, good job on the site.

Excellent suggestion.  I didn't create the videos, but I'm passing your message on to one of the moderators right now.  The moderators are able to able to contact the creators of the videos and the web site.  I don't know when the next changes will occur, but I agree your comment should be addressed when they do!
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: (No Subject) [#471]
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 07:38:12 AM »
Done.  I've sent a note to one of the moderators with a link to your message here and a few additional comments in support of it.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer