Author Topic: Lukvance  (Read 510 times)

Lukvance, jdawg70 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +527/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
Re: Lukvance
« Reply #58 on: Yesterday at 05:02:30 PM »
What do you think is better?
No, Lukvance: I want you to address your own problems, tactics and behaviour, and to do that, you need to recognise them. In your terms, I am asking you to look into your own soul and see what you are doing.

Others have posted points you might consider when assessing your behaviour.

Do I have to explain myself every time that someone make a mistake about my beliefs? Is that the trouble I am having with my posts? Why I am in this ER?
You have not read this thread or your concentration span is very short.

We want you to understand why your style of replies is unacceptable in a forum dedicated to critical thinking and fair debate.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:08:49 PM by Graybeard »
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Online Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #59 on: Yesterday at 05:49:01 PM »
Graybeard could you answer my questions? It would help me greatly understand what I am doing wrong.
You're worth more than my time

Online Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #60 on: Yesterday at 05:54:26 PM »
To help you remember what my questions are (they are adressed to you as a reply to your comments)
- Why should I do some work on something that is not the subject of the thread?
- How could a lie support an argument? Maybe it is something else that you saw and I missed. Could you quote me where you saw his support for his argument?
- Do you understand why? (they did not create a new thread)
- an answer is never really complete. Right?
- If I *feel* that a question I asked did not received an answer complete enough, do I ask differently? Do I look for more information by myself based on his/her response?  Or do I report to the admin the persons answer? 
What do you think is better?
- Could we have example(s) from reports made about my replies in context please?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +313/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #61 on: Yesterday at 06:19:59 PM »
Graybeard could you answer my questions? It would help me greatly understand what I am doing wrong.

See. This is why it's not going to happen. It's all about your questions. Your opinion, and if no one understands that it's their fault.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Online Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #62 on: Yesterday at 07:17:46 PM »
See. This is why it's not going to happen. It's all about your questions. Your opinion, and if no one understands that it's their fault.
-Nam
Without others input how do you propose I evolve?
Should it be about "others questions. others opinion, and if no one understands that it's my fault."? Is that what you are saying?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +313/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #63 on: Yesterday at 07:52:14 PM »
You do not want to evolve. You want to be in charge/control of the situation, and to do that you have to blame us for not getting you, or what you're saying.

People ask you questions. Instead of answering them, you in turn ask questions but unlike our questions to you you expect us to answer your questions. That way you stay in complete control as to where the topic will go. And people here will answer your questions; their mistake is: they actually believe you're going to answer theirs, in the end yet you never really do because you're here to prove all of us incorrect and the only way a person like you can successfully do that is by trolling.

You're a manipulator but so am I which is why you can't fool me with your trivialities.

Even if you got out of here, you'd behave for a little while then revert right back to how you were before and then they'd just stick you back in here and this all would happen again.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Online Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #64 on: Yesterday at 08:31:24 PM »
I guess there is not need to try then.

Online jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +360/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #65 on: Yesterday at 09:49:17 PM »
Without others input how do you propose I evolve?

Lukvance, if there is anything that you've proven on this forum throughout your entire presence here - throughout every single one of your posts - it is that you do not appear to value the input of others.

You want a quote from your posts that back that up or something?  I really can't do that, as this is a conclusion borne from the observation of a pattern of behavior.  There is no singular quote from you that serves as singular evidence of this conclusion.  It is a long observed trend of you dismissing, often via omission or blatant ignoring of, input to you from others.  Often, it has manifested in the form of someone providing their input regarding your arguments and your general behavior, you countering with a "nuh-huh I ain't no do that" or a "well whatever but yeah it still means that done be true", and you not changing your argument/claim and not modifying your behavior in any form or fashion without so much as a <expletive deleted> explanation as to why your behavior and retorts are not dismissing, avoidant, irrelevant, illogical, unsupported, unwarranted, nonsensical, contradictory, and/or blatantly false[1] when it clearly is so[2].  But singular instances of such behavior do not indicate someone who is being intentionally dismissive of the input of others.  Singular instances can be readily explained by the fallible nature of being human.  We screw up sometimes.  It just freakin' happens.

So yeah; we - everyone - let it slide once in a while.

But man...man oh man...with you.  Over, and over, and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and again, you parrot the exact same things, regardless of what is or is not said to you, pointed out to you, provided you reference to, yadayadayada.  Repeatedly.

And this above...this makes you look like you think that no one has genuinely tried to reason with you.  You pretend that all the words that people say to you are by default wrong without having to consider it.

I...I need you to understand just how damn disrespectful and insulting[3] that is.

I mean - do you value the input of others?  Saying that you do is one thing.  Actually behaving as if you value the input of others is a loosely-related but essentially different thing.

I know it's the emergency room.  I know it is.  I realize that there are boundaries of behavior that should not be crossed - that are generally agreed upon as to be grossly inappropriate.

Sometimes when I need to let some anger and frustration out, I bite down on my knuckle.  It is not a good habit, and I recognize that, but I have not really done a whole lot in my life to correct it.  At least as far as I can tell, it has helped me to stem saying things to people that I otherwise may have, and there have been those times that has been of clear benefit.  I have, over the years, taken some steps to reduce how much I do it though.  Sometimes a scream in to a pillow will suffice.  Other times require the proverbial headdesking.

Understand something, Lukvance - my finger is bleeding right now.
 1. Thanks to you, every time the word boson enters my field of view, I immediately feel the urge to punch your Jesus-avatar in the face.
 2. The last 30+ pages of that Probabilities of god's existence debate thread is one big steaming pile of you being a brick wall.
 3. Yes...I'm well aware of how disrespectful and insulting I've been with you.  I was aware of it before I posted those things, while I was composing those things, after I hit post, and will probably remember it for many years to come.  I've not been inclined to feel the impulse to be such a massive jackass for quite some time, and the magnitude of the qualia of experience I felt for that event is sufficiently large as to warrant a label of 'special and notable event case'.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Online Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #66 on: Yesterday at 10:32:04 PM »
There is no singular quote from you that serves as singular evidence of this conclusion. 
Are you sure? There must be "something"! Not just a baseless feeling.

I could quote myself telling someone that he is right... More than once. (if I was allowed)

Online Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #67 on: Yesterday at 10:36:53 PM »
If you read the thread about the existence of God you will realize that a shift happen from proving God's existence with theory/ideas to proving it with facts. This was made after someone revealing to me that even if logically God existed it did not count as proof of his existence. That proof needed something that you can see/touch/feel with your senses. And that's when I presented miracles.
I listen to you. I disagree with you. Why does it makes you so mad that I disagree with you?

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +870/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #68 on: Today at 10:53:06 AM »
Way to keep missing the point, Lukvance.... :P
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #69 on: Today at 11:01:16 AM »
How about you tell it in one phrase? This will be harder to miss.

Online Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +90/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #70 on: Today at 11:12:13 AM »
How about you tell it in one phrase? This will be harder to miss.

You pay no attention to what people say and then deny that you do this.