Author Topic: Answer and Question [#475]  (Read 270 times)

Offline PostalGirl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Just your friendly neighborhood postal girl!
Answer and Question [#475]
« on: September 28, 2008, 08:59:03 PM »
You ask the question "why won't God heal amputees?" Your answer is an absolute
statement. You have to prove that all amputees that have ever prayed or been
prayed for have not had their prayers answered. Until you can do that your
argument is on shaky ground from the start.

If I may ask, what's your story? Why are you so adamant to prove atheism
correct? Was there ever something in your life that bittered you to religion or
more specifically, to Yahweh?

I look around, I see the woods, the skies, deserts, oceans. I've seen some
really beautiful things in my short time on earth. The whole universe is so
amazingly beautiful and breath-taking. Beyond that, it's also mind-bogglingly
complex. How much has to go right for a single polypeptide chain to be formed? A
single protein? What's the the probability that everything will go right to form
this universe by chance? Part of your creed says (quote:)"God has never left any
physical evidence of his existence on earth." I say that the earth itself IS the
physical evidence of Yahweh.

I pray that the truth, not a doctrine, would come out

Offline CodyTowner

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • The Lair
Re: Answer and Question [#475]
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 09:47:41 PM »
It is not an absolute question. If you have any proof of an amputee being healed after praying, I'm sure we'd love to see it. Unfortunately, though there are many claims of this happening, there is never, suspiciously, any proof of it. Nobody does follow-ups, nothing.

And as to why we are adamant on proving atheism? I know why I am. TO stop people from being hurt by it. And it's not just Christians, with persecutions and even legal right infringements. But all religions who have "enemies" and "evil" ones on the planet.

That's why I like Wiccans. Since when do you ever see "God-es Hates Fags" signs?

A website for writers ^_^ (click the banner)

"Atheism is pissing in God's face" -paraphrased by random Mailbag writer

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 10:22:52 PM »
I look around, I see the woods, the skies, deserts, oceans. I've seen some
really beautiful things in my short time on earth. The whole universe is so
amazingly beautiful and breath-taking. Beyond that, it's also mind-bogglingly
complex. How much has to go right for a single polypeptide chain to be formed? A
single protein? What's the the probability that everything will go right to form
this universe by chance? Part of your creed says (quote:)"God has never left any
physical evidence of his existence on earth." I say that the earth itself IS the
physical evidence of Yahweh.

Funny you should mention that.  I recently went on vacation to a planet that wasn't designed by a supreme being.  You should have seen the place.  Run down as hell.  It was in a part of the galaxy where 99.999% of the space around it was immediately lethal to all life.  In fact there were parts of the planet itself that were so extreme that I couldn't visit them without my protective space suit.  Decay was everywhere.  Every living thing got old and died.  In fact, the vast majority of all plants and animals that had ever lived there had died.  Animals slaughtered other animals for food.  Disorder was constantly increasing (except of course where energy was being pumped in from the planet's primary star). 

Some of the animals there had strange biological features that could not possibly have been designed by anyone with an ounce of bioengineering experience.  Like ... the main intelligent species would eat and breathe through the same hole!  They were always choking on some bits of food.  (Man were they happy when I taught them the Heimlich Maneuver!)  And they had all these back problems because they had a habit of walking on two feet even though their spine had evolved during a time when they were walking on all fours and swinging through trees.  And their eyes!  What a laugh!  I could go on, but you get the picture.  What a mess.

You should be glad you were born on God's own Earth, and not that other nasty place.
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline Introsis

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • It is because it must.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 10:28:21 PM »
I believe I made an argument about the whole, "beauty yay, god is awesome", preachers a couple of hours ago, not repeating myself.
"In the vast, deep forest of Hyrule… long have I served as the gaurdian spirit… I am known as the Deku Tree." ~ Deku Tree, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.