Author Topic: Fuck You!!! [#447]  (Read 2194 times)

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
Re: f**k You!!! [#447]
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 08:43:43 PM »
lol, i knew i'd be able to piss a lot of atheists off. I like how you guys found it necessary to defend your lack of faith to me, like my opinion of you actually matters, while making fun of me at the same time. You say that atheists realize that this life is the only time they have, and tend to embrace life more than anyone else. Then get off your asses, stop trying to justify your f***king beliefs, and do something meaningful, you f***king hypocrites. I'll stop bitching and do the same.

I didn't defend anything to you.  You asked me a question of what I believe and I told you honestly.  I never made fun of you in the slightest.  This life is the only one that I have and I am making the best of it.  I'm studying for a master's in biochemistry and then after that a M.D. in neurology, I officiate soccer, before that I worked with 5-13 year olds with social disorders. Beyond all this my social life is non-existent. All I do is eat, go to class, study, and sleep... and sometimes eating and sleeping are omitted from that.

I'm not trying to justify anything to you. You asked me a question, I gave a response. I could honestly not care less what you think but not all of us believe what you believe.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline L6

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Ignostic
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2008, 08:56:44 PM »
I like how you guys found it necessary to defend your lack of faith to me, like my opinion of you actually matters
You are confused. We aren't defending ourselves, we're educating you. It matters because, unfortunately, uneducated people like you get to vote. Even though you and your opinions don't matter to us specifically, other reasonable but confused people might actually read this thread and learn something.
God's existence is contingent upon the illusion that morality is dictated by religious authority.

Offline Rationalist

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2008, 09:12:47 PM »
most of that was directed to hermes

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2008, 09:25:32 PM »
The Republican base must have seen this movie and taken it to heart, grabbing double-speak names like Moral Majority and Fair and Balanced to shift weight from their actions to their names.

Nope...just standard advertising technique; why be honest when it would only drive your potential customer away.  Snacks aren't named "Extra Weight and a Bypass at 50" they are named "Smart Chips" or "Slim Snacks" fortified with vitamins and whole grains.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2008, 09:26:12 PM »

What was?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2008, 08:34:59 AM »
lol, i knew i'd be able to piss a lot of atheists off. I like how you guys found it necessary to defend your lack of faith to me, like my opinion of you actually matters, while making fun of me at the same time. You say that atheists realize that this life is the only time they have, and tend to embrace life more than anyone else. Then get off your asses, stop trying to justify your f***king beliefs, and do something meaningful, you f***king hypocrites. I'll stop bitching and do the same.

^^ Clearly not directed at Hermes.  He isn't "a lot of atheists", he's not "you guys", he didn't make any statements about humanism, and he wasn't trying to justify anything.  So when you say:

...you are lying.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline CosmicScherzo

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • What would Jesus brew?
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2008, 11:04:11 AM »
New troll, perhaps?
"What claim has your piety on my deference?"

Offline sparhawk

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 11:55:12 AM »
lol, i knew i'd be able to piss a lot of atheists off.
I'm not pissed. You sadden me, and people like you (probably not you personally) make my job more difficult, and in turn impose unnecessary hardships on the people that depend on us for survival.

I like how you guys found it necessary to defend your lack of faith to me, like my opinion of you actually matters, while making fun of me at the same time.
I do think your opinion matters. How are we to convince people around the world to embrace rational and humane life philosophies when our own backyard is cluttered with idiocy?

You say that atheists realize that this life is the only time they have, and tend to embrace life more than anyone else. Then get off your asses, stop trying to justify your f***king beliefs, and do something meaningful, you f***king hypocrites.
You have no idea what I do on a daily basis.

I'll stop bitching and do the same.
I hope so, but somehow I doubt it.
Why am I atheist?
"Here I stand; I can do no other" Martin Luther
"Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil;" Exodus 23:2

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2008, 03:23:43 PM »

...you are lying.

Thanks for the dissection.  Looking back through thread, the best I can guess is that Rationalist's comments were an impulsive reaction to the cartoon I posted, probably based on the anger Rationalist felt.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:44:56 PM by Hermes »

Offline whiteouTT420

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 01:18:16 AM »
"All I do is eat, go to class, study, and sleep... and sometimes eating and sleeping are omitted from that."

Ok...You are making the most out of life?  I find that quite odd.  I would've thought that doing something would be gaining the most out of life.  Also, how can you omit eating?  That's one of life's great pleasures.
Since people complained because of my last one I hope this will be more to your liking.  Atheists are like politicians; they protect their ideas by tearing down others.  I also justed wanted to let you know that sometimes Sarah Palin sounds smarter than you.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2008, 01:52:47 AM »
"All I do is eat, go to class, study, and sleep... and sometimes eating and sleeping are omitted from that."

Ok...You are making the most out of life?  I find that quite odd.  I would've thought that doing something would be gaining the most out of life.  Also, how can you omit eating?  That's one of life's great pleasures.

I was highlighting a typical day. Sometimes I just don't have time to eat. I love to eat, just don't always get the time.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2008, 07:09:27 AM »

The full quote is;

I didn't defend anything to you.  You asked me a question of what I believe and I told you honestly.  I never made fun of you in the slightest.  This life is the only one that I have and I am making the best of it.  I'm studying for a master's in biochemistry and then after that a M.D. in neurology, I officiate soccer, before that I worked with 5-13 year olds with social disorders. Beyond all this my social life is non-existent. All I do is eat, go to class, study, and sleep... and sometimes eating and sleeping are omitted from that.

I'm not trying to justify anything to you. You asked me a question, I gave a response. I could honestly not care less what you think but not all of us believe what you believe.

whiteouTT420, I have to say that you are slimy for quote mining so quickly, and it shows something about your character.  If you have any morals left, go get a recharge by talking to your mother or someone who has morals in volume.  Get yourself straightened out.

I suppose you could get a master's in biochemistry and still have acres of time left over?  How many masters degrees do you have, exactly?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 07:11:20 AM by Hermes »

Offline Shakaib

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2008, 08:26:12 AM »
Wil ba'i ba'id Ani

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OvlWYWXWY[/youtube]

Well, why doesn't GII Video reply on youtube?

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0

Offline whiteouTT420

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2008, 04:20:31 PM »
Hermes, you have to learn how to take a joke especially when it isn't directed at you.
Since people complained because of my last one I hope this will be more to your liking.  Atheists are like politicians; they protect their ideas by tearing down others.  I also justed wanted to let you know that sometimes Sarah Palin sounds smarter than you.

Offline L6

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Ignostic
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2008, 04:32:40 PM »
Hermes, you have to learn how to take a joke especially when it isn't directed at you.
You have to learn how to tell one.
God's existence is contingent upon the illusion that morality is dictated by religious authority.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »

Was the video funny?  I didn't look at it.  I was responding to the question.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2008, 07:05:23 PM »

Was the video funny?  I didn't look at it.  I was responding to the question.

Oh, my comment to you.  I think L6 was spot on about your joke;

You have to learn how to tell one.

Offline whiteouTT420

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2008, 12:59:13 AM »
Well, apparently you take things too seriously because I think any normal person would've realized that me talking about eating being a pleasure in life, while it is, wasn't a stab at him.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 12:23:03 PM by whiteouTT420 »

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2008, 06:42:50 AM »
I can't parse what you wrote, unless you are saying it wasn't intended as a joke.(?)