Author Topic: hi [$458]  (Read 387 times)

Offline DL

hi [$458]
« on: September 24, 2008, 11:10:36 PM »

i find your arguements rather dull and very childish to be honest but hey i guess it gets someone to actually notice your alive..

Offline Introsis

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • It is because it must.
Re: hi [$458]
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 12:37:19 AM »
Ooh, I get to correct grammar:

"i find your arguements rather dull and very childish to be honest but hey i guess it gets someone to actually notice your alive.."

To be honest,I find your arguments rather dull, and very childish. Hey, I guess it gets someone to actually notice you exist. (last change not required)

Sorry, it bothered me.

Anyway: Join the forums, get to know us better before passing judgement. We accept people on all sides of argument.
"In the vast, deep forest of Hyrule… long have I served as the gaurdian spirit… I am known as the Deku Tree." ~ Deku Tree, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 01:23:49 AM »
i find your arguements rather dull and very childish to be honest but hey i guess it gets someone to actually notice your alive..

Really? Then what are your arguments for God?
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 07:15:44 AM »

We get comments like yours, as well as ones where the person is outraged and threatens us with murder, and others where the person pities us.

Yet, we don't get any good counter arguments.  The conclusion I am forced to come to is that Christianity truely has nothing substantial to back it beyond tradition and assertions by believers that it is true.

Meanwhile, the number of times the videos have been viewed keeps rising, and people who watch the videos are de-converting from Christianity;

"The best optical illusion in the world!" video has almost 2 million views.

"10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer" has over 3 million views. 

2 other videos have almost 1/2 a million views, while only one video has below 100,000 views.

That's impressive when you consider that YouTube doesn't count new views based on how many times an individual presses the play button!

So, while the videos bored you, they seem to be engaging to many other people.  If you have recommendations on what would make them better, feel free to send a message or drop by the forums and let us know.  I'll see what can be done about passing your suggestions on to the folks who made them.

Thank you.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 11:44:43 AM »

I'm curious why this person watched them if they were "rather dull and childish".
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Gargaroth

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • This is just a simulation.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 02:32:47 PM »
to be fair, to assess them as childish and dull, you'd have to first watch the vid...

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 02:52:54 PM »
to be fair, to assess them as childish and dull, you'd have to first watch the vid...

true, but I'm guessing that they watched the whole thing so... ::)
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/