Author Topic: The Nazareth Myth  (Read 1284 times)

Offline switch

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
The Nazareth Myth
« on: September 16, 2008, 01:04:32 AM »
Anyone checked this out?

http://nazarethmyth.info/

I'm a little skeptical, but I think it would be great if this guy has a case to make.

Offline Obadiah

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
Re: The Nazareth Myth
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 03:00:37 AM »
That site is whacko jacko, but even assuming it's theory is right it woulden't be a conquest for athiesm, or even a point against christianity. He has to explain how the earliest Christians believed in Jesus of nazareth and explains that what it really means is "Jesus the Nazarene" which... and this is Obadiah in the white spaces..I think the author thinks is the same as "Jesus the Nazerite" which was a denomination of Jew.

In other words... at worst, it would mean there's a translation error in out English versions of the bible....And that Jesus grew up in a town called Japhia which exists where Nazareth is now.. and that he was a Nazerite...

Offline Count Iblis

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 11:02:20 PM »
I was under the impression that long ago it was established that Nazareth was uninhabited in the 1st century.
Religion is an act of sedition against reason.--P.Z. Myers

To find out more about the Evil Atheist Conspiracy visit http://www.atheistthinktank.net/

you know, hell is going to be so jammed full of lying Christians that I fear I will never get in.  --velkyn

Offline Freak

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 11:13:34 PM »
As far as I'm aware there is no evidence for Nazareth before about 200AD.
When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised, the Lord doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me. - Emo Philips

Offline Shakaib

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 08:19:19 AM »
There's no evidence that Shakepeare existed. Haha how stupid. Jesus did exist, of-course he did.. how would a "NON-existent" man be highly respected and loved by more than half of this planet?? 3.5 billion people including Christians and Muslims. He existed. Maybe not the Son of God or God, but at the least, he must have existed.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +677/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 09:53:36 AM »
There's no evidence that Shakepeare existed. Haha how stupid. Jesus did exist, of-course he did.. how would a "NON-existent" man be highly respected and loved by more than half of this planet?? 3.5 billion people including Christians and Muslims. He existed. Maybe not the Son of God or God, but at the least, he must have existed.

Please go punch yourself in the balls.  Then, never post here again.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Shakaib

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 12:17:31 PM »

lol

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 12:47:26 PM »

If he touches his manhood, he might have his hand cut off.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline Shakaib

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 02:04:21 PM »

If he touches his manhood, he might have his hand cut off.

Oh, funny guy