Author Topic: This is great. [#416]  (Read 5381 times)

Malachi4

Re: This is great. [#416]
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2008, 10:18:22 PM »
Again, this just shows your spiritual ignorance. There is a great difference. The Holy Spirit is the same regardless of whom "has" Him. The Holy Spirit could not and would not disagree with himself.

Then why so many different denominations, with their own set of beliefs based on the same set of writings?

Well praise the LORD, you finally see my point! Denominationalism is 100% wrong. (The Bible even says so in Revelations.) Matter of fact, when God says "Behold I stand at the door and knock..." in Revelations, he's not speaking (in every case) about a person's heart. He's speaking to us in the Ladiocean church age and how we've kicked Him out of church.

The MANY denominations began during the Nicene Council when the "Church" was set up. Constantine (I think was his name) decided to split God into three person in order to have Christianity fit in better with Roman/Greek religion. When he did that, it began the Catholic Church (The Harlot spoken of in Revelations, and she is a harlot because she has sold herself out and left the Word.) from that, all the other denominations split and divided because they didn't agree with what went on before. There were many reformers, like Luther or Wesley, etc.. that tried to straighten things out, but then the people, once they left the scene, "organized" religion again and fell away from the Word.

So, if you have three different denominations (or people for that matter) all disagreeing with each other on what the Word says, then either two are right and one is wrong or all three are wrong because the Holy Spirit would not disagree with Himself! You must stick with the Word regardless what "man" says.

Now, before you go and say that maybe what they did at Nicea was correct, let me just say this...  The Nicene Council occurred approximately 250-300 years after Christ and his Disciples had left the scene.... How would they know better what was meant to be than the men who walked and talked with Christ Himself? 

Check this out...  Peter and Paul both went into the wilderness at separate times, alone. I can't remember how long each one stayed in the wilderness, but the point is that when they came out, they were both preaching the SAME word and this of course was before we had the NT. They both (obviously) had the Holy Ghost and both agreed with what the other preached even before they knew it...

Now, does this mean that there is not anyone in a denominational church with the Holy Ghost? No, but I'm talking about as a whole. Which I've said before God doesn't deal with groups, He deals with individuals. Anyway, you can't even get (for instance) all the Baptists that attend the same church to agree on the Word! (Insert Smiley pulling own hair out here)

This is why I don't claim any "religion" and why you will never find my name on any book or roll of any church. The church I attend officially has NO members... And remember, the Bride and the Church are two different things. One will be found with oil in their lamps and the other will not. One will be spotless and ready for the marriage with Christ, the other is a foolish virgin....

Which then refers you back to the types and shadows in the old testament and the levitical laws. (Like the one with not wearing garments made from two different materials is a type of not mixing the word with doctrine)

Anyway, that's how I explain the many denominations. Hope this helps!

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2008, 06:05:43 AM »
Malachi4, I used to be somewhat like you in belief. I too was convinced that I was one who had the real "truth" because I did not belong to any denomination and did not believe in the trinity. But I came to realize that many of the things I did not believe in could be supported in the bible regardless. I know of a trinitarian who can support the concept very well using the bible. What makes him wrong and you right?

The bible is full of so many contradictions that most can support their various beliefs using it. Go to any Christian board and you will find this out. Each person will the claim the "holy spirit" led them to their understanding. Can you explain this?
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Malachi4

« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2008, 11:04:16 AM »
Malachi4, I used to be somewhat like you in belief. I too was convinced that I was one who had the real "truth" because I did not belong to any denomination and did not believe in the trinity. But I came to realize that many of the things I did not believe in could be supported in the bible regardless. I know of a trinitarian who can support the concept very well using the bible. What makes him wrong and you right?

The bible is full of so many contradictions that most can support their various beliefs using it. Go to any Christian board and you will find this out. Each person will the claim the "holy spirit" led them to their understanding. Can you explain this?

All I can tell you is that anyone who tries to use the Bible to disprove the Bible doesn't have an understanding of how it works, or rather doesn't really believe. I'd like to know how someone uses the Bible to prove the Trinity when the word "trinity" isn't found in one place in the Bible.

I suppose people will reference Matthew 28:19 where Jesus said to go into all nations baptizing in the name of the father, the son, and the Holy Ghost, but that supports what I said before. Father, Son, Holy Ghosts are all titles or manifestations of the same spirit, not a name. It doesn't even same names, it says name. Acts 2:38 says  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Peter, who walked and talked with Christ knew that Jesus spoke in parables and by saying the "name" instead of titles, He meant the Name of Jesus.

In Him dwelt the fullness of the Godhead bodily. He was the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost and his name was Jesus. Now, you won't find anyone under a denominational spirit that agrees to this, and they will accuse me of being "pentecostal", but that's not the case. I just believe the Word.

I got so outdone with denominations not entering into the sanctuary reverently, or selling stuff in the church (which the bible states is wrong) and every thing else. They still try to depend on their works and not grace. When I asked God to show me where I was wrong and lead me in the right direction I was led on a very direct path to this realization. It wasn't until I was re baptized according to Acts 2:38 that my eyes began to be opened. I still have a lot to learn and I depend on God to show me what I need to know and when.

As far as different people all claiming to have it, I would say you must look at their fruits because the bible says you will know them by their fruits. If their fruits don't line up with the word, then you may need to rethink what they are telling you. I started verifying with the word what people were telling me it said. That really makes all the difference.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2008, 10:00:38 AM »
I got so outdone with denominations not entering into the sanctuary reverently, or selling stuff in the church (which the bible states is wrong) and every thing else. They still try to depend on their works and not grace. When I asked God to show me where I was wrong and lead me in the right direction I was led on a very direct path to this realization. It wasn't until I was re baptized according to Acts 2:38 that my eyes began to be opened. I still have a lot to learn and I depend on God to show me what I need to know and when.

As far as different people all claiming to have it, I would say you must look at their fruits because the bible says you will know them by their fruits. If their fruits don't line up with the word, then you may need to rethink what they are telling you. I started verifying with the word what people were telling me it said. That really makes all the difference.

You are a denomination, M4, whether you think you are or not.  You have certain beliefs and practices that are intepreted as you want, just like any other denomination.  As has been said, your claims are nothing different than the claims of every other Christians: that you are the one with the "right" intepretation, the "holy spirit" talks to you; that you were "led" by God to what is "right", that your "fruits" are better than anyone else's. 

Baptism doesn't seem to be only what you take it to be from one verse.  This site: http://www.religioustolerance.org/bap_bibl.htm has a great overview on how contradictory the Bible is on the subject (again).

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/