Author Topic: The Geneva Project  (Read 1723 times)

Regenesisxxl

The Geneva Project
« on: September 18, 2008, 12:10:45 PM »
Some scientists say that a black hole might be formed if they will crush the particles.

Some say that a huge nuclear explosion will appear.

Others that nothing will happen at all.

And others that everything will work as planned.

What do U guys think?

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
Re: The Geneva Project
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 12:22:23 PM »
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=1355.0

Thread duplication.  Read the original please.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Regenesisxxl

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 12:25:41 PM »
[LOL
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 12:30:21 PM by Regenesisxxl »

Offline Freak

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 12:52:09 PM »
How about we leave science to the scientists, shall we?
They know more about this than you ever will, and they probably don't want to kill themselves, so stop worrying.
When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised, the Lord doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me. - Emo Philips

Regenesisxxl

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 12:56:58 PM »
They know more about this than you ever will, and they probably don't want to kill themselves, so stop worrying.
Im not worying.LOL

Offline Freak

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 01:00:26 PM »
Im not worying.LOL

Then what drives you to consider these possibilities? You know you don't have the expertise required to understand the answers, or to even ask the questions, and yet here you are asking them. And why do you care what other random uninformed people think about it all?
When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised, the Lord doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me. - Emo Philips

Offline ;)

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • My name's Dan, ignore the crap username :)
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 01:11:14 PM »
Physicists are clever, they're not going to kill us :)

Do abit of reading up on it, understand the physics to a certain degree, and you'll feel safer.
Our freedom's consuming itself.

Regenesisxxl

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 01:55:24 PM »
Im not worying.LOL

Then what drives you to consider these possibilities? You know you don't have the expertise required to understand the answers, or to even ask the questions, and yet here you are asking them. And why do you care what other random uninformed people think about it all?
I was asking other peoples opinions.But I hate peoples like you who have a problem with that.I dont know what the %uck is wrong with you.If U dont agree with what I ask,then dont reply anymore.

Offline Freak

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 02:09:11 PM »
What's wrong with me is that it is stupid people like you that frack up crap for everyone else. All you are doing with this thread is spreading FUD from ignorance. The LHC isn't going to make black holes that eat the Earth up, or blow up a huge nuclear explosion, or any other stupid idea you might have. Where'd you even get those ideas? You listened to other stupid people spouting stupid ideas as though they mattered. If you and all those other people kept their mouths shut when they didn't know what they were talking about, maybe we wouldn't have retarded presidents making wars and pushing the whole world into an Orwellian dystopia. Maybe we wouldn't have fracked up laws which hand down more prison time for copying a song than running someone over. Maybe we could let scientists do their god damned jobs and release reports to let everyone know that we are causing a major atmospheric catastrophe.

What's wrong with me is that you are stupid, not because you don't have a brain or the capacity for not being stupid, but because you choose to be stupid.

Regenesisxxl

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 02:10:52 PM »
What's wrong with me is that it is stupid people like you that frack up crap for everyone else. All you are doing with this thread is spreading FUD from ignorance. The LHC isn't going to make black holes that eat the Earth up, or blow up a huge nuclear explosion, or any other stupid idea you might have. Where'd you even get those ideas? You listened to other stupid people spouting stupid ideas as though they mattered. If you and all those other people kept their mouths shut when they didn't know what they were talking about, maybe we wouldn't have retarded presidents making wars and pushing the whole world into an Orwellian dystopia. Maybe we wouldn't have fracked up laws which hand down more prison time for copying a song than running someone over. Maybe we could let scientists do their god damned jobs and release reports to let everyone know that we are causing a major atmospheric catastrophe.

What's wrong with me is that you are stupid, not because you don't have a brain or the capacity for not being stupid, but because you choose to be stupid.
Are U on drugs or something?

Offline JTW

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 02:36:25 PM »
Here let's settle it this way. From my understanding (which is little), the collider only achieves 99.999% the speed of light which is actually quite a shortfall really. It would need to be completely 100% the speed of light to come anywhere close to creating a black hole.

Relax.

Regenesisxxl

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 02:38:35 PM »
Here let's settle it this way. From my understanding (which is little), the collider only achieves 99.999% the speed of light which is actually quite a shortfall really. It would need to be completely 100% the speed of light to come anywhere close to creating a black hole.

Relax.
How many times do I have to say that I am not worried.I was just asking.LOL.

Offline bahramthered

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 04:12:10 AM »
This whole debate comes down to wiazrd's first rule (borrowd from Richard Goodkind)

"People are stupid. They will beilieve anything if they want to or they are scard of it."

People are scared of the:
Mad scientist destroying the world.
Cern might produce micro black holes.
People are scared of black holes.

One resonable fear (alright mayeb 2) equals a huge fear without need of evidence or odds. They will fear this and reviel it, till it happens. Then it's back to normal and we all forget about it.

Same thing happened when the manhattan project first acheived a nuclear reaction (which was suppose to destroy the planet). We're still here.

GET OVER IT ALREADY

Offline Cyberia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +35/-0
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 09:40:05 PM »
The dangers of the LHC are a legitimate question, and should, of course, be seriously considered.  That said, I believe they have been, if not initially they have been considered at this point.

Besides, the LHC isn't going to kill us.....Eta Carinae will.

Copied from a blog I wrote recently:

Meet the coolest star in the galaxy: Eta Carinae.  She's 120 times as massive as our own star, and clearly going through her death-throughs.  Eta Car has massively outgassed at least twice in the past 10,000 years, a heartbeat for a star.  There is some speculation that she's burning Carbon already, giving her 100 years left, at most.

Definitely going to go supernova very soon, Eta Car is actually a prime candidate for a hypernova, an even bigger explosion believed to be the source of GRBs (Gamma Ray Bursts), the largest explosions in the universe.  A supernova can outshine the combined output of every star in it's galaxy....a hypernova can outshine the combined output of every star in the universe.

And we have a front-row seat!  At 7500 light-years away, Eta Car is at the edge of the safe-zone.  We should be OK....  But GRBs spew powerful jets of material/energy out their poles when they blow.  If we are in the line of either of those jets....we die.  No "if's", "and's" or "but's" about it.  We die.  Not even "Star Trek" technology could save us.  If the jets miss us, we'll get a very, very good  view of what an exploding star looks like.  LHC eat your heart out.
Soon we will judge angels.