Author Topic: Hello [#189]  (Read 465 times)

Offline DL

Hello [#189]
« on: August 09, 2008, 10:04:56 AM »
Please don't pretend you know what you're talking about.

I'm not even that educated and I see so many holes in your theories.

Give it a rest, dude.

Read "The Case for Christ" and get over yourself.

It was, in fact, written by someone trying to disprove that Christ was the messiah. Trust me; Lee Strobel is a lot more educated than you or I will ever be.

Don't you think there's a reason people still believe in God? It's not a comfort factor anymore! Christians are the lowest lifeforms of our society...because anybody can make fun of them at any point in time and it's ohkay. If you say one thing about an atheistic view, you're a cynic and should be punished for such.

I'm not here to rant...just to tell you that you're wasting your time. You haven't studied the Bible enough, my friend.

Asking Jesus to appear in physical form? God will do what you ask of him if he sees fit to do it...not if it's what you want. Hitler could've asked God to kill all of us. Are you fine with that too?

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
Re: Hello [#189]
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 10:10:40 AM »
Asking Jesus to appear in physical form? God will do what you ask of him if he sees fit to do it...not if it's what you want. Hitler could've asked God to kill all of us. Are you fine with that too?

Hitler prayed to an imaginary god too?
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 10:26:21 AM »
It would appear that you haven't read the Bible enough, my friend.

Read Earl Doherty's "Challenging the Verdict."

Asking Jesus to appear in physical form? God will do what you ask of him if he sees fit to do it...not if it's what you want.

Matthew 21:21 says believers will receive whatever they ask for.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline CosmicScherzo

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • What would Jesus brew?
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »
Hitler could've asked God to kill all of us. Are you fine with that too?

For all the effect it would have, yes, I would be fine with that.
"What claim has your piety on my deference?"

Offline oogabooga

• Graduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • I doubt, therefore I might be.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 12:32:38 PM »
Please don't pretend you know what you're talking about.
The author of the page and the videos actually knows exactly what he's talking about.

I'm not even that educated and I see so many holes in your theories.
Define them, please. I can see so many holes in your theories too. Apparently it doesn't matter whether I even know what your "theories" are, for as long as I can claim there are holes in there, the holes will, indeed, be there.

Give it a rest, dude.
Why should he? Will all the Christian web pages and videos (especially GodTube) suddenly stop operating if he does? And why not?

Actually, I did read it a while ago. It even failed at funny. Sorry.

It was, in fact, written by someone trying to disprove that Christ was the messiah. Trust me; Lee Strobel is a lot more educated than you or I will ever be.
No, actually Lee Strobel is educated enough to know how to manipulate people.

Don't you think there's a reason people still believe in God? It's not a comfort factor anymore! Christians are the lowest lifeforms of our society...because anybody can make fun of them at any point in time and it's ohkay. If you say one thing about an atheistic view, you're a cynic and should be punished for such.
And yet Christians have immense power in every single country where Christianity is a majority religion. Oh, dear, you Christians are so abused, eh? People kill you en masse, just because of your religion, especially in the USA, right? Come off your high horse and stop playing the victim when you're effectively wearing the executioner's robe, please.

I'm not here to rant...just to tell you that you're wasting your time. You haven't studied the Bible enough, my friend.
I have a sneaky suspicion I know the Bible a great deal better than you ever will.

I'd also like to know how you didn't come here to rant when that's exactly what you've done?

God/Jesus has promised to a) return in the life time of the apostles, b) fulfillment of every prayer, c) the ability to perform miracles that would surpass those of Jesus. None of that has happened. And considering that Hitler was quite a religious man, I suppose he did pray for every non-Aryan to be killed. The result of his prayers were the same as the results of any other prayer - nothing happened.
Excreta Occurs

Offline DL

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 02:07:16 PM »
OP responds via email:

---

thats the most retarded thing ive ever heard u can try all u want but u cannot make me not love my lord a saviour JESUS CHRIST!!!

BTW im not a cynic u shuld look at urself in the mirror and say wow wat an idiot.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 02:31:08 PM »
OP responds via email:

---

thats the most retarded thing ive ever heard u can try all u want but u cannot make me not love my lord a saviour JESUS CHRIST!!!

BTW im not a cynic u shuld look at urself in the mirror and say wow wat an idiot.

What is the most retarded thing? Why?

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline oogabooga

• Graduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • I doubt, therefore I might be.
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 08:40:56 AM »
Love whomever you want, whenever you want, for as long as you're not hurting anyone in the process. Nobody is trying to get you to stop loving your imaginary friend. We're just trying to stop you forcing your imaginary friends on others who do not wish to have any.

I'll be honest now - you really aren't a cynic, and I suppose nobody here thinks you are. Cynicism requires intelligence and verbal skills. Judging by your email reply (and your initial preaching), you possess neither.

P.S.: A funny thing just happened - I ran the spell checker and the only spelling mistakes it found were the OP's. And I'm not a native English speaker. So, really, not a cynic. I promise.
Excreta Occurs

Offline Dragnet

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • iustus res "We just want the facts"
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 01:26:39 PM »
How could you possibly know how well educated I may, or, may ever be?
Modern science provides a way to actually test the ability to learn.
Some people through the failure of genes in certain places are actually unable to grasp the abstract concepts required to function outside of social groups.
Theists, it seems to me, (in my observations ) to have the largest collection of these failed genetics.
I am responsible with my actions NOW so I don't HAVE to be responsible for them later.