Author Topic: Have you ever recieved a programmers point of view? [#429]  (Read 332 times)

Offline DL

Have you ever recieved a programmers point of view? [#429]
« on: September 17, 2008, 05:41:17 PM »

I will agree with almost everything you say except that god is imaginary. You have no proof that God doesn't exist.

Just because God doesn't answer prayers, stop children from starving and all the other horrible things that happen in the world does not mean it doesn't exist.

Here I will prove it (logically) I am an actual no shit programmer, I have programmed artificial intelligents. Lets say I make some sort of little world like the game Sims (but no human can play, just watch it). How the program makes decisions is through a lot of random functions so each person in the game can make their own somewhat decision. Well, there is no way for each one of these "people" to even know about me because I am not in their world, I can't physically touch them, because they are technically software of a program and I am just a person who created a world inside this box that sits on my desk.

Also since God creates so therefore a "creator" what is saying that It didn't move on to make bigger, better, more complex programs and just left us running by ourselves because It is to busy to watch over us and figured "I will see how that program held itself up after I am done with this next project and see if it self destruct or is still going."

Offline Ananukia

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I wear no mask.
Re: Have you ever recieved a programmers point of view? [#429]
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 07:50:56 PM »
Lying for jesus.
        Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
    Where flap the tatters of the King,
    Must die unheard in

Dim Carcosa.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Have you ever recieved a programmers point of view? [#429]
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 08:07:20 PM »
I will agree with almost everything you say except that god is imaginary. You have no proof that God doesn't exist.

Just because God doesn't answer prayers, stop children from starving and all the other horrible things that happen in the world does not mean it doesn't exist.

I'm an agnostic atheist.  I don't claim no gods exist, only that I don't believe that they do.

The Christian God, though, does not exist.  That's what the videos show clearly ... either that or your holy book has some serious errors and is not a proper representation of the god it is supposed to represent.

Here I will prove it (logically) I am an actual no s**t programmer, I have programmed artificial intelligents.

I doubt that you are, but I'll go along with it for a moment.

Lets say I make some sort of little world like the game Sims (but no human can play, just watch it). How the program makes decisions is through a lot of random functions so each person in the game can make their own somewhat decision. Well, there is no way for each one of these "people" to even know about me because I am not in their world, I can't physically touch them, because they are technically software of a program and I am just a person who created a world inside this box that sits on my desk.

OK.

Also since God creates so therefore a "creator" what is saying that It didn't move on to make bigger,

Wait.  "Also"?  You didn't make a point, you set up a scenario.  The rest of that sentence doesn't make any sense.  I'm sorry, I can't be honest and tell you I accept your claim of being an AI programmer.  I've known people in that field, and you are just mimicking a cartoon version of what's on TV not what they *attempt* to do.

better, more complex programs and just left us running by ourselves because It is to busy to watch over us and figured "I will see how that program held itself up after I am done with this next project and see if it self destruct or is still going."

You didn't even complete your thought.  Don't insult real professionals by claiming to be one of them when you are clearly not.  I wouldn't want a free spreadsheet from you let alone hire you to do anything around a computer.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer