Author Topic: The end of voyager?  (Read 263 times)

Offline 1makesitwrong

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
The end of voyager?
« on: December 31, 2013, 06:54:04 AM »
As the year ends and voyager leaves the solar system.  I can't help but wonder what will it see that we won't.  That brings me to wonder if all the money and time spent through the centuries on religion and religious wars, what could we be seeing.  If that money and time was spent on science could we be seeing our first earth like planet or maybe a moon that could sustain life. All the wasted resources of intelligent women who were forbidden by religion to be educated. What one of them could have created or discovered.  All the infidels that were killed by one side or the other in the name of one or more of imaginery god or god's.  If their imaginations could of  imagined machines of science, instead of machines of torture in the name of a god.  It's hard for me not to be sad.  All the humans who have died because there god told them to kill instead of finding answers to what troubled human kind.  So in the new year I hope at least one human being turns his or her anger and hatred into a renewed interest in science and social welfare for the benefit of human kind.
The bible was pronounced dead at the scene

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
Re: The end of voyager?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 03:11:39 AM »
Ever seen that Canadian TV series ...  The Borgias?

That brings me to wonder if all the money and time spent through the centuries on religion and religious wars, what could we be seeing. 

It's an endless cycle of beg, borrow, steal money to pour into the papal army and then piss away that money in some pointless endeavour.
The things that could have been done with that money!!!
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.