Author Topic: The answer to the question why won't God Heal amputees?  (Read 16707 times)

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
Re: The answer to the question why won't God Heal amputees?
« Reply #435 on: April 02, 2009, 11:33:58 AM »
Passage Isaiah 54:17:

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Preaching.  Can we ban this idiot already?

Why do you only want people on here that agree with your view point.  Are you afraid to hear the truth.  Fear not.  God wants to do you no harm.  He loves you.
We have other Christians here on the forum.  Some of them are able to hold up their end of a discussion.  You cannot.  You are incapable of addressing serious issues without the use of your babble, I mean bible.  Many of us have asked serious questions or made rebuttals to your claims, yet you continue to be oblivious to your own ignorance.
Quote from: truth
God wants to do you no harm.

If this were true, God would show himself to all as to avoid sending anyone to hell*.  He does not.  He remains hidden allowing those who die to go to hell.  So, your statement is a lie.
*that is if you believe such things.
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Truth

« Reply #436 on: April 02, 2009, 11:35:56 AM »

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

You afraid of what God has to say?  Fear not.
Passage 2 Corinthians 10:4:

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #437 on: April 02, 2009, 11:41:35 AM »
<removed preaching>

No, I'm not afraid.  Tell God to bring his holy a** down here and stop sending people who can't comprehend what it means to engage in a meaningful discussion.

Offline Truth

« Reply #438 on: April 02, 2009, 11:42:22 AM »

God wants to do you no harm.

If this were true, God would show himself to all as to avoid sending anyone to hell*.  He does not.  He remains hidden allowing those who die to go to hell.  So, your statement is a lie.
*that is if you believe such things.

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Offline Truth

« Reply #439 on: April 02, 2009, 11:43:39 AM »
God wishes above all things that you prosper and be in health as your soul prospers. 
In fact the exact Passage 3 John 1:2:

2Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
You and I are his beloved. 

The reason God does not "show himself" as you put it is that he gave us free will and we have to choose either life of death.  It all started with Adam and Eve in the garden.  They had everything, they saw and talked to God, yet they still sinned.  So God wants us to make the choice, so we can appreciate it. 

Offline Truth

« Reply #440 on: April 02, 2009, 11:46:06 AM »
<removed preaching>

No, I'm not afraid.  Tell God to bring his holy a** down here and stop sending people who can't comprehend what it means to engage in a meaningful discussion.

Who made you judge and jury.  My conversations are very meaningful.  The sower sows the word.  We all reap what we sow.  I think that the words used on this site will reap much fruit.

Can you understand what I am saying?

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #441 on: April 02, 2009, 11:59:58 AM »
<removed preaching>

Who made you judge and jury.  My conversations are very meaningful.  The sower sows the word.  We all reap what we sow.  I think that the words used on this site will reap much fruit.

As a participant in your threads, I have a right to determine by your posts how meaningful the discussions are.  You ignore much of what is posted and choose to focus on the posts which you find insulting or inflammatory. 

You may be a fantastic person in real life, but your ability to address our points is lacking. 

Please stop with the veiled threats.

The bolded parts serve no purpose other than to make yourself feel better about being "persecuted" on this heathen forum on behalf of your God.  Hoping one day we'll get ours and you'll get yours.

Offline Truth

« Reply #442 on: April 02, 2009, 12:00:46 PM »

You cannot ban God.  You can ban me if you want, but nothing can stand up against God.

Offline Fridge

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. " - Martin Luther King Jr.

"He wants us to stop sinning- to stop hurting each other.  And one of the ways we do that is by coming to Jesus and eating His flesh and drinking His blood"
-theist

Offline Truth

« Reply #444 on: April 02, 2009, 12:03:49 PM »
<removed preaching>

As a participant in your threads, I have a right to determine by your posts how meaningful the discussions are.  You ignore much of what is posted and choose to focus on the posts which you find insulting or inflammatory. 

You may be a fantastic person in real life, but your ability to address our points is lacking. 

Please stop with the veiled threats.

The bolded parts serve no purpose other than to make yourself feel better about being "persecuted" on this heathen forum on behalf of your God.  Hoping one day we'll get ours and you'll get yours.

You are wrong.  I wish no one harm on this site.  I wish the same thing God wishes.  I wish above all things that everyone prospers and be in health as their soul prospers. 

I feel that the word of God is doing its work.  It seems to make the devil angry. 

Offline Truth

« Reply #445 on: April 02, 2009, 12:07:30 PM »
People!

Bump.

bamp

Calling me names achieves what?  My response is still the same:

No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment God will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #446 on: April 02, 2009, 12:08:17 PM »
I wish the same thing God wishes.
Well, your God plans on throwing unbelievers in a pit of fire.  That's harmful.

It seems to make the devil angry.  

How do you know this?

Offline Operator_013

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #447 on: April 03, 2009, 03:48:51 AM »

It's not even preaching, it's just using a Bible verse in place of the old schoolyard yarn "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me". Doing so repeatedly is taunting, a deliberate attempt to provoke a reaction from other forum members, and in spite of my warning in the other thread to avoid rule violations, these posts violate rule 11 (Trolling) of the Forum Rules.

Truth will receive a 72-hour suspension.
Inactive moderator account.

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #448 on: April 03, 2009, 07:46:58 AM »
I stand corrected, Thirteen.  Thanks for your intervention.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +505/-17
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #449 on: April 19, 2009, 09:10:10 AM »
Hello, and thanks for letting me in. I've been spending an idle hour clicking through some of my favorites and revisited here and (amongst others) Landover Baptists to see how the inmates of the latter are coping. Anyway, whast casued me to sign up was that they seem to have seen your site and have replied to the fundamental question at http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?p=316489#post316489. It amused me, it may amuse you.

I realize that the question of regrowing a leg is itself fraught; to save me time in research, is the basic idea that if God did restore a leg, He would do it instantly or just cause it to grow; if the latter, at what sort of a rate? If it's a question of growing, at the normal rate it could be inconvenient for about 15 or 16 years.  :D I therefore suspect it would have to be instant.

Anyway, hello to everyone again, I'm off to look round some more of the site.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #450 on: April 19, 2009, 10:21:21 AM »
Hello, and thanks for letting me in. I've been spending an idle hour clicking through some of my favorites and revisited here and (amongst others) Landover Baptists to see how the inmates of the latter are coping. Anyway, whast casued me to sign up was that they seem to have seen your site and have replied to the fundamental question at http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?p=316489#post316489. It amused me, it may amuse you.

I realize that the question of regrowing a leg is itself fraught; to save me time in research, is the basic idea that if God did restore a leg, He would do it instantly or just cause it to grow; if the latter, at what sort of a rate? If it's a question of growing, at the normal rate it could be inconvenient for about 15 or 16 years.  :D I therefore suspect it would have to be instant.

Anyway, hello to everyone again, I'm off to look round some more of the site.

All praise the Godly members at Landover Baptist!  May they confound the wicked and witless, dryly and in character!  I give them 5 Jesuses ... erm ... 5 Jeesi ... erm one Jesus on toast 5x!

Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #451 on: April 19, 2009, 09:09:38 PM »
Thanks for posting that, Greybeard.  It is interesting to read how the poster lays it all out so solidly.

They start by ridiculing atheists in a particularly childish way, then they proceed to enumerate some of the miracles mentioned in the bible, as if that is proof of anything, then we get a few scriptures, then they claim that you get used to not having the limb you've lost and that there is no longer any pain or discomfort to keep you from appreciating God's works.  Then there's a bit of total nonsense followed by the lame excuse that God can't perform an obvious miracle under any circumstances because it would blow our minds too much.

And I noticed that they actually claim that God isn't jealous, which I believe is directly contradicted by Exodus 20:5.

Of course, the final blow to the evil, wicked atheists is a claim that they have thoroughly debunked WWGHA and that "there can be no further questions."

Wow, now that is impressive.  Ezekiel Bathfire obviously has no idea what he is talking about.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline subtleinspiration

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #452 on: April 20, 2009, 09:05:57 AM »
Wow, now that is impressive.  Ezekiel Bathfire obviously has no idea what he is talking about.

It's parody.
"As a God fearing Christian,  you should never ever date an Atheist. One night alone with an atheist is enough for you to lose your faith and to be converted into one of the spiritually dead."

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #453 on: April 20, 2009, 04:53:12 PM »

It's parody.

Oh, jeeze.  A poe.  <facepalm> Wow I fell for that one big time.

Offline ChristChex

« Reply #454 on: April 23, 2009, 12:58:47 PM »
Check this youtube video- Re:hey, atheist you don't know
From philos71. It does a good job at explaining.
"I do not exist,"
we faithfully insist

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #455 on: April 23, 2009, 01:09:03 PM »

Hey, the video is invisible, just like your god.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline subtleinspiration

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #456 on: April 23, 2009, 01:10:08 PM »

YouTube Link Post FAIL!
"As a God fearing Christian,  you should never ever date an Atheist. One night alone with an atheist is enough for you to lose your faith and to be converted into one of the spiritually dead."

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #457 on: April 23, 2009, 02:24:29 PM »
OK, I fixed it...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLk5A9JtCnw[/youtube]

Is that it?

Offline rlyte

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #458 on: May 04, 2010, 07:37:48 PM »
May jesus bless you keep exposing the truth!