Author Topic: Neuro-science questions thread  (Read 769 times)

Offline rickymooston

Neuro-science questions thread
« on: September 16, 2008, 06:19:16 AM »
Hi we have a few neuro-science experts on this board.

Anyway, here is my question.

I use my password every day. It is almost programmed in my hands.

Suddenly I blank forgot it. What happened?  Did some brain cells die?
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline bahramthered

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
Re: Neuro-science questions thread
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 06:35:27 AM »
Not a Neroscientist but here's my guess based on what I know:

You thought about it. Your brain had moved from the conscious section of your brain to a reflex action. The instant you thought about it your conscious mind tried to find it and came up empty. It's not that you don't know it, it's just your brain moved it off "center" (This is such a lay term I don't want to hear a word).

It's sometimes called unconsciously confident in business, the final step of training. The previous step is consciously competent.

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 07:21:17 AM »
thanks. Welcome to the forum by the way.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline bahramthered

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 08:37:23 AM »
Thanks. I'm kinda black sheep already. I tend to post early morning (which is late night for me; third shift) and with a few beers (my job is phyisically demanding and beer is better than asprin) which hurts my credabilty.

Sometimes I think I make good points. But that might be the beer talking...