Author Topic: If you have a question about Jesus  (Read 21316 times)

Offline dmnemaine

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
Re: If you have a question about Jesus
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2010, 06:48:46 AM »
Well I've got no reason to believe that not a single word was written in His presence, but I think that Luke penned Luke, John penned John, Matthew probably penned Matthew, and a guy named John Mark probably penned Mark.

I think they all had significant help.
So we are supposed to believe that those four people wrote the gospels because you think they did?  Or because some religion told you they did?  Or because you have some mystical "faith" that they did?   That's nonsense.  Any legitimate historian would laugh you out of the room if you came to them with that theory.

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2010, 06:52:02 AM »
Since Jesus never wrote anything, and the devil never wrote anything, and since no one else was in the desert with them,
who exactly heard him say all of this stuff?
Well, since Jesus was not mute, he was able to talk to people about his experiences easily. You might have had him confused with Moses, or one of the demonaics.

No, you are the one confused. The people who "wrote" about what Jesus said, never actually HEARD him say anything. Or do you purposely turn a blind eye to that fact in order to be secure in your delusion?
Not all those who wander are lost; some are buried in my backyard. . .

Offline dmnemaine

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2010, 06:52:56 AM »
Hmm, believers in God outnumber nonbelievers in the world.

Assuming you mean the christian god here, your statement is false.  Non-believers in your god far outnumber believers.

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2010, 06:55:48 AM »
Sky, are you trolling again?

I think you are.

Please stop it.

Offline ReasonIsOutToLunch

« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2010, 09:52:01 AM »
I would kill my wife and kids if God wanted me to. There you go, you have a quote. Now if you're interested in actual discussion you'll read the rest of the paragraph. I would have to be sure that God would consider it a capital offense for me NOT to take my wife and child's life AND that God had all of our best interest in mind. Considering that He caused the death of His own Son to be the salvation of the world, I'm convinced that He is trustworthy. It would be highly unexpected however, and I would feel comfortable asking God exactly why. He wrestled with Jacob, and told Abraham to offer his son, and Isaac agreed that God was trustworthy... so though He slay us, I will trust Him.

Jesus Christ on a pizza bucket, you are a FOOL. Why do you think the rest of your paragraph makes the first sentence any better? Honestly your last four words are chilling.
God, doesn't know pi.

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2010, 09:58:24 AM »

Jesus Christ on a pizza bucket, you are a FOOL. Why do you think the rest of your paragraph makes the first sentence any better? Honestly your last four words are chilling.

Yes, and this FOOL sees what he is saying/believing as much different than this: (and it's NOT!)

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +332/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2010, 11:17:32 AM »
This has to be without a doubt, the most scary, creepy, goosetingling things that an xitan can say.  To put an imaginary being before family that is real and tangible is absolutely a mind boggling reality for these people.  And the more frightening thing is that they are taught to believe this philosophy and foolish hierarchy for obvious cult-like reasons.

The Bible does state that one has to hate everyone (including themselves) and love only God. So, if one interpreted that as: You have to love God more than anyone else. So, for a Christian it shouldn't be "creepy".  However, I doubt most Christians love God more than they love their loved ones.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2010, 11:21:47 AM »
..  However, I doubt most Christians love God more than they love their loved ones.

-Nam

"most" probably not, but likely a totally horrifying minority!
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +332/-84
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2010, 11:22:20 AM »
No D.

If there is no God, there is no free will, and I have no choice but to be as I am, and you have no choice but to be as you are. So it is CREEPY when you pretend as if I do have a choice.

Or do you believe in the soul?

Being told to choose "believe in me or die", isn't really free-will. Sure, it appears there's a choice but actually there isn't.

If a man pointed a gun to your wife, and said "love her more than God", or he'd kill her -- which one would you choose? Apparently going by a previous statement: your God. Is that really a choice you're making?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +332/-84
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2010, 11:23:54 AM »
Hmm, believers in God outnumber nonbelievers in the world. So perhaps you're missing part of reality. Perhaps you have a magic decoder ring that I don't? (Oh, you don't like appeals to popularity? :D)

Your god, or any god? 'Cause if we're speaking about your god, then, there are more non-believers than there are believers since anyone who worships a deity that isn't the "True one" such as you believe is yours, are all non-believers.

-Nam

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +332/-84
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2010, 11:31:54 AM »

I don't believe that. Why? 'Cause most Christians go to church and have someone read the Bible to them, they don't read it themselves. And, most people really don't pay too much attention in church, do they? I mean, when I went years and years ago, most that I saw were either sleeping, doing a crossword puzzle, or some other activity, and not really paying too much attention. I doubt the members of the church I went to are the only members who did such a thing.

The scholars of religion know the Bible. The extremists know the Bible. And, advent followers know the Bible. The rest: do not. I think many of us have shown much evidence to support this.

-Nam

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2010, 12:32:56 PM »

I don't believe that. ..

-Nam

I didn't mean that the minority percentage was horrifyingly close to 50 percent. I meant that the minority  is horrifyingly not Zero.
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline Fool

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2010, 02:43:05 PM »
Is there any one in this thread interested in actual discussion? I'm going to start putting people on ignore because they are taking up valuable space. But if you have a genuine question, feel free to ask.

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2010, 03:11:58 PM »
Is there any one in this thread interested in actual discussion? I'm going to start putting people on ignore because they are taking up valuable space. But if you have a genuine question, feel free to ask.

Taking up "valuable" space. How dare you come to this forum and pretend to know what is valuable to us or not.

The fact is you are simply trying to proselytize and are not at all interested in "discussion," so get off your high horse and you might be able to learn a little something about how normal people think and understand reality instead of dealing in myths, lies and superstitions.

Offline Fool

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2010, 03:17:28 PM »
Taking up "valuable" space. How dare you come to this forum and pretend to know what is valuable to us or not.

The fact is you are simply trying to proselytize and are not at all interested in "discussion," so get off your high horse and you might be able to learn a little something about how normal people think and understand reality instead of dealing in myths, lies and superstitions.
This is just as much my forum as it is yours. I was here before you and I'll be here after.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +289/-32
« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2010, 03:33:38 PM »
Trolls don't tend to have much success in taking ownership of a forum.  Just an FYI.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2010, 03:34:29 PM »

This is just as much my forum as it is yours. I was here before you and I'll be here after.

"I know you are, but what am I?"

Stop evangelizing.

Get over yourself, too, you have no more material than the last lazy theist that tries to convert.

That is what you're doing, right?

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
  • The Forum is made of its members.
« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2010, 03:39:20 PM »
Is there any one in this thread interested in actual discussion? I'm going to start putting people on ignore
I doubt it.  We don't have that function here.

because they are taking up valuable space. But if you have a genuine question, feel free to ask.
There's legit questions that you aren't answering so that excuso-whinge isn't going to wash.

For example... again...

Did Jesus say that homosexuals should be put to death?
I've left WWGHA now, so do everyone else a favour and don't bother replying to my old posts and necromancing my threads.

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
« Reply #192 on: March 17, 2010, 03:41:16 PM »
And just in case you can't see the above post because the font is too small...

Yes or no?
I've left WWGHA now, so do everyone else a favour and don't bother replying to my old posts and necromancing my threads.

Offline Grogan

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • I Deny God
« Reply #193 on: March 17, 2010, 03:44:40 PM »
Do Jesus and God have different thoughts and minds?

Do they always agree on everything?

Quote from: kenn
You want to understand God and the world around you through science and logic alone and, because you cannot come up with a "reasonable" explanation for what they ate when leaving the ark, you dismiss it.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2010, 03:59:02 PM »
why doesnt jesus do ANY of the things he promised in his book?
and why does he utterly despise amputees?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Fool

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #195 on: March 17, 2010, 04:48:32 PM »
No such comment was recorded.

Offline Fool

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2010, 04:49:24 PM »
why doesnt jesus do ANY of the things he promised in his book?
and why does he utterly despise amputees?
Blaziken,
     Do you know that I get reported for proselytizing if I talk about why God does things?

Offline Al Stefanelli

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Professionally Charming Curmudgeon
    • Al Stefanelli - The Rantings of a Professionally Charming Curmudgeon
« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2010, 04:50:34 PM »

Funny how some of the old testament is valid and some is not and some of the new testament is valid and some is not and let's call the whole thing off...

You people are insane, do you know that?
Organized Religion is like Organized Crime; it preys on peoples' weakness,
generates huge profits for its operators, and is almost impossible to eradicate.

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2010, 04:51:04 PM »

Thanks for your answer.

I have another...

Would Jesus WANT homosexuals to be put to death?

Offline Fool

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2010, 04:52:41 PM »
Would Jesus WANT homosexuals to be put to death?
Well, you'll probably report me for referencing the Bible, but it says that God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked.

So no, in God's perfect world there would be no homosexuals being put to death.

Offline ReasonIsOutToLunch

« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2010, 04:53:32 PM »

Go ahead and ignore me, Tool. That way I can be spared your "wisdom" and  you can remain ignorant.
God, doesn't know pi.

Offline Fool

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2010, 04:54:43 PM »
Apparently there is no ignore function, so I'll just disregard from now on.

Offline Grogan

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • I Deny God
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2010, 05:02:15 PM »
Apparently there is no ignore function, so I'll just disregard from now on.

Please address my comments and questions, thanks.
Quote from: kenn
You want to understand God and the world around you through science and logic alone and, because you cannot come up with a "reasonable" explanation for what they ate when leaving the ark, you dismiss it.