Author Topic: Incredible! [#387]  (Read 463 times)

Offline DL

Incredible! [#387]
« on: September 11, 2008, 07:07:48 AM »

Your points are amazing! And logical at the same time! I also liked how you didn't just say that religion is fake!

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Incredible! [#387]
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:06:01 AM »
Your points are amazing! And logical at the same time! I also liked how you didn't just say that religion is fake!

I didn't make the videos, though I agree they are well thought out.

Come on over to the forums if you'd like; plenty of insanity to witness and endless discussions to get into.  (Well, If you can!  Keep!  The!  Number!  Of!  Ex!-Clam!-Ation! Points!  Down! ...a bit. *grin* )

Religion: Keep in mind that some religious people (such as 1/2 the Buddhists (and probably quite a few theologians) ), don't think there are any real gods.  They are basically religious atheists, and there are many millions of them.

Personally, I have no problem with someone being religious as long as they don't promote supernaturalism or superstition in public or want to do so with my money or as a way to discriminate against others.  Prayer happens to be an obvious example of superstitious beliefs that promote general ignorance and wishful thinking while the world needs more people to address issues that could benefit us all.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline abizaim18

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 06:58:51 PM »

Thank you, and God Bless you

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 08:43:08 PM »

Thank you, and God Bless you

That's just rude.   :o
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer