Author Topic: Here are the answers to your questions. You know what they say [#200]  (Read 558 times)

Offline DL

I thank the Lord that you take so much interest in Him. You are on the right path to complete knowledge of the truth. And the truth shall set you free. To encourage you to continue on your quest for truth I will give you a one sentence answer for each of your inquiries.

Why won’t amputees heal?

God is able to heal any person’s sickness; you might want reconsider your label on amputees.

Why are their so many people starving in the world?

Humanity is naturally selfish and greedy.

Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the Bible?

The scriptures you quoted are based on Old Testament law that is no more; thanks to the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ you don’t have to die in sin.

Why does the Bible contain so much non-scientific nonsense?

The Bible is filled with much scientific evidence from the finite beginning of the earth to the completed prophesized kingdoms in history as opposed to most of scientific study which is based on theories and hypothesis or in simpler terms, improbable and inconceivable chance.

Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the Bible?

The scriptures you quoted speak of servants or maids and home staff; again, you might want to reconsider your label on people in the service industry neither should you label the United States as unintelligent in recent history.

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Jesus himself said “No one is good, but One, that is God”.

Why didn’t any of Jesus’ miracles in the Bible leave behind any evidence?

He left you a detailed text containing 66 books with multiple witnesses to those miracles; besides living during that time you should try studying the Bible in its entirety.

How do we explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you?

He has.

Why would Jesus want you to eat his body and drink his blood?

It is figurative to symbolize the death, burial and resurrection that Jesus went through for your sake; instead of tasting that dreadful taste of a torturous death you have the undeserving privilege to taste bread and grape juice.

Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians?

Christians are human too.

Some Word from God to think about:

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians1:21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

1 Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1 Corinthians 2:13-14 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy[aSpirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 3:18-20 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”; and again, “The LORD knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”

I hope this answers your questions. I encourage to keeping seeking and I have faith that you will find what you are looking for. God Bless you.

Offline Vynn

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • 1st an infidel, then a heretic, now an atheist!
Re: Here are the answers to your questions. You know what they say [#200]
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 11:17:21 PM »
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Hmmm..

So, if we're perishing, the message of the cross is foolishness to us, so then, if it is foolishness to us, how would we be able to see it as anything other than foolishness in order to be "being saved" in order that it might then be "the power of god" for us?

It's a bit like telling someone that there's a maze to get through, and they can only see the one way to get through the maze once they've gotten through the maze.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 09:11:20 AM »
Why won’t amputees heal?

God is able to heal any person’s sickness; you might want reconsider your label on amputees.

How is this an answer?  You are saying he is able to heal people, which I'm guessing you will claim to be a witness to, but he has never regrown an amputee's limb.  You are making a claim, but have no evidence to support it.  Just stating it as fact doesn't make it so.

The Bible is filled with much scientific evidence . . .

And you lost me. 
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »
It is figurative to symbolize the death, burial and resurrection that Jesus went through for your sake; instead of tasting that dreadful taste of a torturous death you have the undeserving privilege to taste bread and grape juice

Look up the pagan origins of this "symbol" if you would.

He left you a detailed text containing 66 books with multiple witnesses to those miracles; besides living during that time you should try studying the Bible in its entirety.

Why don't you?  And why don't you tell us why prominent historians who lived in Jesus' day, like Philo and Pliny the Elder, don't mention him.

The Bible is filled with much scientific evidence from the finite beginning of the earth to the completed prophesized kingdoms in history as opposed to most of scientific study which is based on theories and hypothesis or in simpler terms, improbable and inconceivable chance.

Wrong.  There's no science in there that wouldn't have been known to Bronze Age natives.

But please, do send us what verses you were thinking of when you wrote this.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 09:43:23 AM »
Why did my 1 year old cat die this morning whilst god spares the careless driver who sped down a 5 mph limit road?

In fact, would I go to hell if I stuck large piece of marble (paint a child on it?) in the middle of the road to teach people who like to speed a lesson? What if my cat was a child? (we have a lot of them around) I know I'd go to jail (for about a week, it's the UK, people spend short sentences here) but would I go to hell? Just wondering, I could handle a week in jail, but an eternity in hell I couldn't. ;)

Alternatively we could assume god isn't real and I could buy myself an air rifle to shoot the tyres of speeders.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

anna

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 10:04:34 AM »

Why won’t amputees heal?

If you are suggesting that an amputation is not a sickness it would still be considered a disability. Why does God discriminate against disabilities?

He created us in his image, did he not?

The scriptures you quoted are based on Old Testament law that is no more; thanks to the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ you don’t have to die in sin.

So what made God change his mind?

Could you please give an example of the "scientific evidence" found in the Bible?

The scriptures you quoted speak of servants or maids and home staff; again, you might want to reconsider your label on people in the service industry neither should you label the United States as unintelligent in recent history.
But people in the service industry are free make their own decisions about what they want to do in life.

So he makes us evil....and then he punishes us for it?

There has been many books written about Mythlogy too, does that it make it's contents factual? 

He has.
Please elaborate.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 01:19:23 PM »
I thank the Lord that you take so much interest in Him. You are on the right path to complete knowledge of the truth. And the truth shall set you free. To encourage you to continue on your quest for truth I will give you a one sentence answer for each of your inquiries.

Why won’t amputees heal?
Let's see, are yuo arguing that God can only heal certain types of illnesses?  Good-bye omnipotent God.
why is god now totally dependent on humans to do what he supposedly used to?

but let me guess, you'll still cite the OT when you spew hate against homosexuals?  And you'll still want the first 10 Commandments up.

Please provide instances of this claim.

Ah, always good when a Christian has no idea what their bible says.  No, dear, it's not just bond-servants, it's war prisoners too that were enslaved.

Ah, the ol' "everyone deserves horrible things happenign to them becasue of the supposed actions of two people".. What a "just" God!

I have.  Your bible was put together by men, and there are hundreds of other books they could have put in it.  Strangely enough, no other culture even mentions the supposed events in the Bible. 

He has.
Evidence please.

It is figurative to symbolize the death, burial and resurrection that Jesus went through for your sake; instead of tasting that dreadful taste of a torturous death you have the undeserving privilege to taste bread and grape juice.
Hah, let me guess, you think Jesus changed water into grape juice. 

Jesus said you were never to get divorced.

Some Word from God to think about:

1 Corinthians1:21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

1 Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1 Corinthians 2:13-14 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy[aSpirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 3:18-20 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”; and again, “The LORD knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”

I hope this answers your questions. I encourage to keeping seeking and I have faith that you will find what you are looking for. God Bless you.

so, you quote Corinthians.  So, do you also enforce women covering their hair and men not having long hair? 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 08:48:07 PM »

Uh-oh. Short answers might need more elaboration.

Why won’t amputees heal?

You didn't answer the question.

And...?

But that doesn't change the fact that God still demanded the death of these people. It's still death, no matter which book it was in. It's the same God...right?

You sort of danced around the question. Let's assume the Bible contains some scientific accuracies - fine. You've not answered why there is still at least some scientific nonsense in the book. Would a divinely inspired book not be perfect?

Let's assume you are correct (and I'm not quite sure you are) - why are there rules on how to beat them?

There are no good people in the world? Sheesh. And people tell me that atheism is depressing.

None of which hold up to scrutiny. So let's ask again - why is there no evidence for any of these miracles?

He has.

Interesting. You know, we've had Christians write in who say that Jesus doesn't appear to people because he's not supposed to yet. So which one of you is lying?

Research the origin of this.

You didn't answer the question. They are human, too, and they supposedly have the blessing of their God. Why isn't this God helping?
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline abizaim18

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 06:58:18 PM »
Why won’t amputees heal?

How is this an answer?  You are saying he is able to heal people, which I'm guessing you will claim to be a witness to, but he has never regrown an amputee's limb.  You are making a claim, but have no evidence to support it.  Just stating it as fact doesn't make it so.

Well, states in Matthew 17:19

"Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?" He said to them, "Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."

The Bible is filled with much scientific evidence . . .

And you lost me. 

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 08:15:55 PM »
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Well, states in Matthew 17:19

"Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?" He said to them, "Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."

Are you saying that no amputee has ever had enough faith, ever?

"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User