Author Topic: hey [#384]  (Read 255 times)

Offline DL

hey [#384]
« on: September 10, 2008, 05:58:11 AM »

You have good questions, man! About science and stuff. But stop and think for a minute. Everything that we see is so unique. So persice. So functioning with no faults, other then humans, I mean. Did you ever ask yourself why? Why we humans sometimes feil, like that computer which gets a virus? I have my friend who is a scientist and he is currently studies the bug and sees how unique is the genetic code. So, as any software on a computer, we have some code, a program or software if you wanna call it. So then, couldn't it mean that we all as well as everything else have a creator who thought persicely how to make things. I don't think that there is magic involved at all. Think of a computer for a second. Some smart gifted personset down and thought of it, I mean, he thought on how to make a piece of metal hold data, calculate, record, and other stuff. Computer didn't come to exist as a result of sciense. However, made computer has a science inside, magnets, electricity, static and so on. Yet, it has a code or software loaded for it to function which was created, let's say, by Bill Gates, if we are talking about Windows Operating System. it was not created like "puff" and it exists, but it was created. I think that, yes, our univerce and everything that's on it was created and not just "Bemm!"! There were reactions involved, just as when a technician builds a computer, butI think that there should be a creator who managed all this and designed humans to be humans and yet be someone's image, and animals to be animals, and birds to be birds. I mean someone thought of it all first and then he produced all this. Science was made too. It didn't come out off nowhere.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-0
  • Living the Dream
Re: hey [#384]
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 06:33:23 AM »
I think that, yes, our univerce and everything that's on it was created and not just "Bemm!"! There were reactions involved, just as when a technician builds a computer, butI think that there should be a creator who managed all this and designed humans to be humans and yet be someone's image, and animals to be animals, and birds to be birds.

*shrug*  I don't

A computer is a piece of non-living technology invented and created by humans.  How is that anything like life?  (and you should read up on evolution and the theory of natural selection)

I mean someone thought of it all first and then he produced all this. Science was made too. It didn't come out off nowhere.

These are two completely unrelated statements.  "It didn't come out off [sic] nowhere" is a valid hypothesis--but it does NOT necessarily follow that "someone thought of it all first and then he produced."  Who, then, thought of and produced this "someone" you speak of?
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: hey [#384]
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »
You have good questions, man! About science and stuff. But stop and think for a minute. Everything that we see is so unique. So persice. So functioning with no faults, other then humans, I mean. Did you ever ask yourself why?

Ah, correct me if I'm mistaken but you aren't describing reality.  Humans aren't perfect, true, but nothing is perfect so humans aren't unique in that way.

Why we humans sometimes feil, like that computer which gets a virus? I have my friend who is a scientist and he is currently studies the bug and sees how unique is the genetic code. So, as any software on a computer, we have some code, a program or software if you wanna call it. So then, couldn't it mean that we all as well as everything else have a creator who thought persicely how to make things. I don't think that there is magic involved at all.

Great.  Magic is not an answer to any question.  I only use that excuse when I'm fooling around -- and never seriously.  (Example: How did that money end up in the cushions of my sofa?  Must have been magic!)

Think of a computer for a second. Some smart gifted personset down and thought of it, I mean, he thought on how to make a piece of metal hold data, calculate, record, and other stuff. Computer didn't come to exist as a result of sciense.

Actually, computers only exist these days because of the research needed to develop them.  That research is largely based on the methods and knowledge from science.

However, made computer has a science inside, magnets, electricity, static and so on. Yet, it has a code or software loaded for it to function which was created, let's say, by Bill Gates, if we are talking about Windows Operating System. it was not created like "puff" and it exists, but it was created.

Well, I know how computers were made in quite a bit of detail.  What you describe is a cartoon version of what is necessary to build a computer ... and not a very good one!

I think that, yes, our univerce and everything that's on it was created and not just "Bemm!"! There were reactions involved, just as when a technician builds a computer, butI think that there should be a creator who managed all this and designed humans to be humans and yet be someone's image, and animals to be animals, and birds to be birds. I mean someone thought of it all first and then he produced all this. Science was made too. It didn't come out off nowhere.

OK.  You're talking about the BS folks like Ray Comfort peddle.  Frankly, those guys are morons.  There is no polite way to say it.  If you are willing to come to the forums, I'll be glad to talk with you and back up anything that I say with facts not speculation.

Bottom line: If the universe needed a creator, what created the creator?  If nothing created the creator, why is a creator needed to create the universe?  You can't have it your way and ignore the complications.  That's dishonest.  Yet, if we look at reality and drop the speculation there is no reason to postulate anything that is supernatural or beyond the universe.

Side note: Keep an eye on CERN and the LHC.  We humans are amazing!
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer