Author Topic: one of the best [#382]  (Read 436 times)

Offline DL

one of the best [#382]
« on: September 10, 2008, 05:55:17 AM »

your vidoes are some of the best on youtube. the things that you have been saying i have been saying for years as i was brought up in the christian faith by going to sundayschool and church and find out later that it is all fake. i would say god bless you but then i would be a hypocrite.lol

thanks for the posts and keep up the good work in trying to eradicate this evil organisation.

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
Re: one of the best [#382]
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 11:56:14 AM »
I swear when I read the title to this message, I heard singing in my head. "Simply the best! Better than all the rest...!"
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: one of the best [#382]
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 05:22:19 PM »
your vidoes are some of the best on youtube.

I didn't make them ... but they are pretty good, aren't they?  Blunt, but very well thought out, and not so deep that they require someone with a degree in philosophy to understand.

the things that you have been saying i have been saying for years as i was brought up in the christian faith by going to sundayschool and church and find out later that it is all fake. i would say god bless you but then i would be a hypocrite.lol

One of the folks here on the forums had a good analogy for why people are religious.

thanks for the posts and keep up the good work in trying to eradicate this evil organisation.

I'd be happy if the religious people would stop defending the harmful nonsense with superstition; bigotry against non-religious people, bigotry against others not in the religion they are in, bad health policy (anti-condoms, and anti-HPV vaccines), and the general attitude that many Christians have that the sooner the Earth is destroyed and Jesus comes back the better. 

I don't think I could say it any better than Marcus Brigstocke;

Religion - The 3 Abrahamic Faiths

Bonus: Richard Dawkins on his show
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer