Author Topic: "Wake up!"  (Read 6913 times)

Offline RealityCheck

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
Re: "Wake up!"
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2010, 03:28:19 PM »

How many atheists are serving in Haiti right now?

I've no idea. But however many it is I'll bet none of them are stealing Haitian children. 

It wasn't stealing and you know it! Many parents willingly agreed for them to take the children. Their hearts were with the children who were starving on the streets. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything so lets drop this one!

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 03:28:44 PM »

(You've got some nuts on your side, too!).

You should know.

Although, there are plenty of people who don't believe in unicorns or Santa Claus who are nuts, too.

Oh, by the way, if we give you three goats, can we pass over your bridge?

Not all those who wander are lost; some are buried in my backyard. . .

Offline RealityCheck

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 03:30:14 PM »
What do some of you guys have about unintelligent cursing?
It's not a curse, in this context, it's a statement of fact.

Big difference.

Look, you've come into our area and are taking shots at us, what do you expect, a cup of coffee and a hug?

Note that we're not coming into your church and taking shots at you on a Sunday morning.

Good point. There is safety in numbers and I'm the only one - yikes! I know I know.. how does it feel, right?

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 03:30:42 PM »

How many atheists are serving in Haiti right now?

I've no idea. But however many it is I'll bet none of them are stealing Haitian children. 

It wasn't stealing and you know it! Many parents willingly agreed for them to take the children. Their hearts were with the children who were starving on the streets. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything so lets drop this one!

No it was definitely stealing.

There were plenty of "christians" who did some wonderful things for the "savages" here in North America when they moved in.

Nice group.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 03:31:57 PM »

Name one.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 03:33:57 PM »

You just keep telling yourself this. Who am I to spoil your delusions.

"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline RealityCheck

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 03:36:15 PM »
What do some of you guys have about unintelligent cursing?
It's not a curse, in this context, it's a statement of fact.

Big difference.

Look, you've come into our area and are taking shots at us, what do you expect, a cup of coffee and a hug?

Note that we're not coming into your church and taking shots at you on a Sunday morning.

Sorry, didn't realize this was a church service. My apologizes, I'm definitely really confused, then! Let me exit this forum quietly and quench my embarrassment.

Offline RealityCheck

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 03:38:06 PM »

Name one.

I'd prefer not to use real names on here. lol.

Offline subtleinspiration

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 03:40:55 PM »
What does it accomplish?

It conveys a message.
"As a God fearing Christian,  you should never ever date an Atheist. One night alone with an atheist is enough for you to lose your faith and to be converted into one of the spiritually dead."

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
  • The Forum is made of its members.
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2010, 03:42:21 PM »
Good point. There is safety in numbers and I'm the only one - yikes! I know I know.. how does it feel, right?

Numbers have nothing to do with it.  If there were 1000 christians here arguing that 2+2=5, simply because they have faith enough to believe it, they'd still be wrong and it would only take one atheist to debunk their assertion by linking them to an online calculator.

Bottom line, you've freely walked through the door of this site and taken shots at the indigenous inhabitants in your opening post.

Do you think that's going to get you somewhere, or just rub the majority of people up the wrong way?

Putting it another way, do you think that was smart, or stupid?

Sorry, didn't realize this was a church service. My apologizes, I'm definitely really confused, then! Let me exit this forum quietly and quench my embarrassment.
It isn't.  Are you too stupid to see the comparison or are you just being a smart ass?

My prediction, you won't last very long at this forum before the moderators kick your ass into the ER or straight back out of the door for trolling.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 03:45:36 PM by Agga »
I've left WWGHA now, so do everyone else a favour and don't bother replying to my old posts and necromancing my threads.

Offline RealityCheck

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »

Numbers have nothing to do with it.  If there were 1000 christians here arguing that 2+2=5, simply because they have faith enough to believe it, they'd still be wrong and it would only take one atheist to debunk their assertion by linking them to an online calculator.

Bottom line, you've freely walked through the door of this site and taken shots at the indigenous inhabitants in your opening post.

Do you think that's going to get you somewhere, or just rub the majority of people up the wrong way?

Putting it another way, do you think that was smart, or stupid?

It isn't.  Are you too stupid to see the comparison or are you just being a smart ass?

My prediction, you won't last very long at this forum before the moderators kick your ass into the ER or straight back out of the door for trolling.

Trolling? How am I trolling? lol. How am I doing anything different than you guys do? I have people cursing at me! But because I have different beliefs than you do and this is now suddenly your "home," I am going to be kicked/banned/etc? Hmmm. Mods do you have any comment on that?

Offline RealityCheck

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2010, 03:52:02 PM »
Didn't get this one! Three goats? lol wow.

You should know.

Although, there are plenty of people who don't believe in unicorns or Santa Claus who are nuts, too.

Oh, by the way, if we give you three goats, can we pass over your bridge?

Offline RealityCheck

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2010, 03:52:58 PM »

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 03:54:25 PM »
Trolling? How am I trolling? lol. How am I doing anything different than you guys do? I have people cursing at me! But because I have different beliefs than you do and this is now suddenly your "home," I am going to be kicked/banned/etc? Hmmm. Mods do you have any comment on that?
Well, gee, let me think...

You've come onto the site and started a thread in the WWGHA section, but have openly stated that'll it be a waste of time addressing the questions that this section of the board is for.

Instead you've used the thread to take shots at the members and purpose of this forum.

That's trolling.  Trust me, we've seen your type come and go so many times that most of us can see the pattern faily quickly now.

I've left WWGHA now, so do everyone else a favour and don't bother replying to my old posts and necromancing my threads.

Offline RealityCheck

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2010, 03:58:22 PM »
[modbreak]

Please do not quote entire posts in your responses. That habit is lazy and wastes thread space. What has been said is there for all to read. If you want to address individual points in someone's post, break down posts according to the individual points you want to respond to, point-by-point, or simply say -

Member X, here is my response to your last point ...

Also review quoting guidlines here -

Quoting FAQ

[/modbreak]

Wow. So, lets keep events that took place before we were born out of things, ok? That is like descendants blaming descendants with slavery and asking for money or retribution when neither party had anything to do with it, isn't it?

Disagree about the stealing part. Tell me how it was stealing. Besides, I wasn't one of them so I can't speak for any of them. I can guess, however. We have enough orphans in this country and so people don't need a reason to steal. Disaster area + kids + starving = not a good thing!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:35:15 AM by Admin 1 »

Offline RealityCheck

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2010, 04:03:24 PM »
[modbreak]

Please do not quote entire posts in your responses. That habit is lazy and wastes thread space. What has been said is there for all to read. If you want to address individual points in someone's post, break down posts according to the individual points you want to respond to, point-by-point, or simply say -

Member X, here is my response to your last point ...

Also review quoting guidlines here -

Quoting FAQ

[/modbreak]

Well, I did have honest questions about the purpose of this site - which have been answered but I was side tracked into defensive mode very immediately if you look back in the thread.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:35:29 AM by Admin 1 »

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2010, 04:10:35 PM »
Um, no.

Your OP starts the ball rolling by insinuating that atheist are immoral, lazy people who don't help others and spend too much time on this forum.

Your OP is one big criticism of the members of this site.

Like all good theist trolls who've come before you, as soon as you're called out on that, you cry victim.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2010, 04:12:29 PM »

Disagree about the stealing part. Tell me how it was stealing. Besides, I wasn't one of them so I can't speak for any of them. I can guess, however. We have enough orphans in this country and so people don't need a reason to steal. Disaster area + kids + starving = not a good thing!

So every time there's a disaster somewhere christians can just swan in and scoop children off the streets without first confirming that they are actually orphans and that the local authorities say that it's ok to do so?

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2010, 04:48:35 PM »
If the purpose of this site is to make it so that "believers" wake up and smell the coffee and live their life to the fullest - what are you all doing in here, wasting time, some of you posting thousands of posts.

I'm installing VMs, applying patches, upgrading firmware, etc.  While that's cooking I pop in here now and then.  Is that a problem?  Would you prefer I play Minesweeper or maybe watch American Idle?

Regardless whatever you think the purpose of the site may be, my purpose is to pass some time with fellow non-believers.  It's nice to be a part of a community.  Think of it like "church" only without the funny robes.

How many atheists hang with the homeless and give them food and warm drinks and clothes when it is cold outside?

Funny you should mention that.  I just got finished setting up a computer lab for a large homeless shelter that houses entire families.  Now their kids can go to school and have the resources of the Internet available to them so they can do their homework when they get back to the shelter.  You should have seen their eyes light up when they saw it.
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +473/-40
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2010, 05:14:43 PM »
So every time there's a disaster somewhere christians can just swan in and scoop children off the streets without first confirming that they are actually orphans and that the local authorities say that it's ok to do so?

Hey, who needs a disaster?  ;D
I always say what I mean. But sometimes I'm a sarcastic prick whose tone can't be properly communicated via text.

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2010, 05:32:02 PM »
Didn't get this one! Three goats? lol wow.

Yea. Three goats.

Isn't that the general Troll Asking Price for people to cross over their bridges?

You really are not only a troll, you're an arrogant one, too.

Bonus points!

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2010, 05:35:56 PM »

Wow. So, lets keep events that took place before we were born out of things, ok? That is like descendants blaming descendants with slavery and asking for money or retribution when neither party had anything to do with it, isn't it?

Nope, history is what it is. There is not "blame," it just simply happened, oh and the perpetrators "happened" to be "christians." I see nothing in "christians'" pattern of behavior to show much has changed.

And, yes, they were "stealing" them. Just because YOU don't want to admit it doesn't make it not true.

They were trying to save the poor children from the satanist existence.

They had no intention of ever giving them back and they took advantage of parents who were frightened for their kids' safety.

Pretty despicable. But, again, not something outside of the abilities of True Christians.

Edited spelling.

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2010, 05:38:03 PM »

Well, I did have honest questions about the purpose of this site - which have been answered but I was side tracked into defensive mode very immediately if you look back in the thread.

hahahaha! "Defensive mode" That's a good one!

Offline Operator_011

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-1
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2010, 05:58:36 PM »
Hi RealityCheck.

We’ve received multiple post-reports of trolling in this thread and I’m inclined to agree with those reports.

Basically your OP consists of this comment:
I'm not going to begin to try and list any arguments or points because:
..and a 'critique' of the atheist members here.

You haven’t brought any discussion point / rebuttal of the GII videos and, keeping in mind your confrontational entry to the forum, you can't really claim that the responses you've received are unwarranted.

I’d recommend that you take the time to read-up on the purposes and culture of this forum:
WWGHA Rules, WWGHA Rules for Christians, Notes For New Members, The Forum Etiquette Guide, the Quoting FAQ’s and the relevant FAQ's for the discussion sections before posting in them.

Thanks.

Eleven.

Former Moderator Account

Offline DaBungalow

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2010, 06:04:50 PM »

Fair point, if you ignore the fact that your very first post implied we were less charitable than Christians. We were put into "defensive mode" first.

Offline RealityCheck

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2010, 06:14:58 PM »
Sorry about this Eleven!

Didn't realize the focus of this forum - that is my negligence, and I apologize!

I am also sorry for implying (mindlessly) that Christians were more cheritable than atheists - something that you have shown me isn't true - I should have done research on that first.

I do have an appropriate topic but I will move it to the right forum.

Thank you  :)

Hi RealityCheck.

We’ve received multiple post-reports of trolling in this thread and I’m inclined to agree with those reports.

Basically your OP consists of this comment:
I'm not going to begin to try and list any arguments or points because:
..and a 'critique' of the atheist members here.

You haven’t brought any discussion point / rebuttal of the GII videos and, keeping in mind your confrontational entry to the forum, you can't really claim that the responses you've received are unwarranted.

I’d recommend that you take the time to read-up on the purposes and culture of this forum:
WWGHA Rules, WWGHA Rules for Christians, Notes For New Members, The Forum Etiquette Guide, the Quoting FAQ’s and the relevant FAQ's for the discussion sections before posting in them.

Thanks.

Eleven.

Offline Operator_011

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-1
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2010, 06:24:49 PM »
Thanks, RealityCheck. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Eleven.
Former Moderator Account

Offline DaBungalow

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2010, 06:57:51 PM »
I am also sorry for implying (mindlessly) that Christians were more cheritable than atheists

Cheers :)

...should I make fun of the typo...?
...I'm not gonna make fun of the typo...

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2010, 08:30:09 PM »
Let us consider the anatomy of two similar charitable donations, first one from a Christian to a religious charity, and the second from an atheist to a secular charity.

1) Donation from Christian to religious charity:
  • the Christian feels empathy and wishes to help - so far so good.
  • the donation is also inextricably linked to a desire for salvation
  • the donation is also inextricably linked to a fear of hell
  • the charity that receives the donation has goal diffusion - it wants to help AND spread the gospel
  • there is a real logistical cost of 'ministry' activities that does not provide the desperately required services
  • some of the disaster victims will be unwittingly sucked into a second disaster - that of delusion.

2) Donation from atheist to secular charity:
  • the atheist feels empathy and wishes to help - pure and simple, there is no ulterior motive.
  • the charity that receives the donation has only ONE clear goal - to deliver its specialist services to highest priority needs

Anyway that the reasoning that swirls around in my head as I make my regular donations to my favorite nonreligious charities - and I do it with great satisfaction and pride I must add.

So RealityCheck, how's the weather in Haiti?  I must applaud you for making the personal effort to be there BTW.
Git mit uns