Author Topic: My Last Prayer  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Cashinc

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
My Last Prayer
« on: February 18, 2010, 04:32:40 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDKMN8_FlB4[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 04:49:01 PM by Cashinc »

Offline Operator_A25

• Reader
  • Darwins +7/-0
Re: My Poem and story
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 04:38:53 PM »
Is this what you had in mind?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/MDKMN8_FlB4&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/youtube]
Former Global Moderator Account

Offline Cashinc

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 04:40:16 PM »
Thank you!  I was still working on it.

Offline cppman

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • LOL WUT
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 03:55:18 PM »
Thank you!  I was still working on it.
Amazing poem, very nice.

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
Re: My Last Prayer
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 07:52:06 AM »
Cashnic, that is a great work.  Thanks for putting it up here.
Git mit uns

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 01:53:46 PM »
very nice, cash. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 11:10:34 PM »
Nice! One tiny nit ... I wish the words of your final stanza stayed onscreen long enough for me to read them along with your voice.

Good stuff! :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline kevyrat69

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • oh rats.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 12:07:48 AM »
Cool, I liked it so much I put it on my facebook.  Love to share this one.  It has that punch I love at the end.
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

whatever people are experiencing when they experience God, it's not something they're perceiving in the external world. It's something their brains are making up.
Greta Christina

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 09:26:43 AM »
I cried.

A lot.

Thanks, Cash.
Not all those who wander are lost; some are buried in my backyard. . .

Offline RegalSin

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 07:21:10 PM »
Well lets use logic on this table.

For starters. You don't just pray and hope all the pain goes away. You have to confront it, face to face.
Praying is half the situation. For you to give up on prayers, only means that you was not faithfull to begin with.

Some bums are out there for silly reasons. Imagine the ones using public assistance, when they could just go home and kiss there loved ones feet.

You had sins? Like what? Remember a sin is a scar for life. Like a bad memory but is important to you.

Another example is your kids. When they got sick, you did not say "run all naked in the mud, and I will pray to make the demons leave your body so you can get better. Nope you gave them all kinds of things to make them better, and kept on praying.

Your bills are your bills. Nobody can not pay them but you. God has nothing to do with money, but you. God will not aid a bank robber without cause. Look at Bonnie and Clyde. They made there point, then broke out and took lives, in the process. If Clyde was anywhere near responsible. He would have gotten Bonnie impregnated, and stayed in prison by himself.

Praying for the followers of evil. You can't do anything for them. They have to follow god. You can pray for there souls but not pray for them. What did you did in reflection of that prayer?

Speaking of the Bible. My dad has his own church. He reads to me ( since I listen, when I get the chance to listen ). None of his other kids will try to listen or talk with him about god. They all just think he is a bad daddy.

About your sister. More recently this brother of my Aunt-inlaw who died in a car crash recently was telling the auidience about chance.

If the guy she was with, was that bad. You should have stepped in. You cannot pray for your sisters escape. Why not go to the guy, and just talk to him. One on one. Tell him, how you feel, and why your sister should still be alive. Imagine the guys with ten or even twenty sisters. All the crap they go threw. You gotta live threw, and find a sane way to deal with this.

While this might be on your mind " It could have been, differnt, but I never" or " why wouldn't she listen " you have to understand. No prayer is going to stop another person from commiting any act. Look at Jesus,
and how God let him die. However he risen again. Thus proven the proof of forgiveness. Meaning she will be allright and have to still have faith. Even if the reality is that she is not alive right next to you right now.
Again, she a girl. Some boys out there get crazy ideas of there model women should be like. Like the girl next door to me who was called a hoar. The guy thought it was a romantic thing. Yet she cried about.
There is also the police.

What was your store? Remember events reflects business. Like the kindle will most likely make books illegal or some sorta crap like that in the future. Or how everything is made of super non-plastic plastic.
Also how loyal was your customers.

Imagine the people with like ten siblings. Like the boomers who was exposed to radition devices, and all kind of stuff. Imagine the people exposed to celluar phones even before birth. You got a whole bunch guys at my workplace with cancer. They just keep on going, like a train with rusted wheels. Cancer cannot leave. They gotta cut it out, zapp it out, or take medication. The prodcedure used might kill them in the process.

Cancer is when cells just stop reproducing correctly. It happens at old age for all people. Cells brake down.
Nothing new. At least it was not aids, or some other disorder. You have to understand, if you truly beleive you will see them again.

Your a business man, so fight back smart. Don't just quit. There has to be a way, to balance it all out without risking anybody lives including yours.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +171/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 09:57:24 PM »
I prayed that regalsin would not reply...
I prayed he would find another forum to try...
I prayed that no more posting would he do...
I prayed too hard, and nothing came true...

shit

Offline Jake

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-2
  • I see what you do there.
    • Pat Condel's Godless Comedy
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 09:59:37 PM »
I prayed that regalsin would not reply...
I prayed he would find another forum to try...
I prayed that no more posting would he do...
I prayed too hard, and nothing came true...

s**t

You weren't faithful enough, clearly.
"I don't respect your religious beliefs and I don't care if this offends you." - Pat Condel and myself along with him.   I do respect intelligence, rationality and logical consideration, however.    Humor's always good too.

Offline ReasonIsOutToLunch

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 10:15:17 PM »
Well lets use logic on this table..........Praying is half the situation.

So, do you want to use logic or pray? You can't do both.
God, doesn't know pi.

Offline Jesuspadawan

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 04:09:14 PM »
It was an intersting video. I know what it is to pray and the answer is no. My third daughter was born with a lot of problems. She was diagnosed with Cerebral palsy at about nine months. We were devestated. We started occupational therapy immediately and we prayed. The therapist who diagnosed her said that there is the possibility that she will never walk or talk. She is about to turn 8 and you can barely tell that she ever had CP. She talks and runs and swims. She goes to therapy twice a week and has in home therapy as well.

She was also diagnosed with Autism & Sensory intergration disorder. Like I said she was a mess. She will need to be homeschooled but she is beautiful and brings a lot of joy to our lives. God did not heal her of the Autism. Why? I don't know. I know what you probrably say, "He doesn't heal her because he doesn't exist." I understand the frustration of being told no. That's all I'm saying.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 05:03:34 PM »
My cousin was diagnosed with something I cannot spell or pronounce in English. Basically she was never supposed to talk, walk or even eat without help
We prayed and nothing happened
We took her to a doctor after the initial "praying stage" and she got better. Now she can walk, eat normally, get dressed on her own, understands everything we tell her (she couldn't before) and can perform simple (and sometimes complex) tasks like turning on/off the lights, getting object X from room Y etc
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 10:41:33 PM »
Two of my mom's best friends were diagnosed with cancer within a few months of each other. One had brain cancer and was a member of my mom's church, the second was not and I don't recall what kind of cancer she had. She was a single mother of two young girls. Both were prayed over. The one that was a church member had the entire church pitching in with the most intensive prayer I've ever seen.

Both died of their illnesses after agonizing suffering. The single mother left her two high-school-aged girls with nothing. Medical bills had taken everything she had.

These deaths were devastating to my mom, who was going through a bitter divorce at the time.

My wife's mother was diagnosed with lung cancer and had intensive prayer sessions held by pastors of my wife's southern Baptist church at the time. Some congregation members had convinced this dying woman that the tumor in her lung would be gone by the next round of tests. She prayed fervently and was sure the cancer would be gone. Unfortunately, it was not only still there, but had metastasized. She died after about 10 months of agonizing pain.

Not long after that one of my wife's christian patients told her that her mom had gone to hell for her sins.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline ZombieTortureDevice

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Double Tap!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 09:14:12 PM »
Great poem. The failure of prayer is a big reason for my lack of belief today as well.
Pretending that we live doesn't make us alive.