Author Topic: Empire [#379]  (Read 502 times)

Offline DL

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
Empire [#379]
« on: September 09, 2008, 01:23:32 PM »
I came to know of your fine establishment through YouTube. I read the book, perused the blog, visited the forum. It's quite the little empire. One suggestion: you should better integrate the blog and the forum. There are many good posts in the forum that could be condensed and adapted to the blog. There are many comments in the blog that would benefit from forum members who would respond to them (politely of course). You might also consider advertising more. I am surprised I have never heard of your efforts, given their extent. That is all.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Empire [#379]
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 03:13:18 PM »
I came to know of your fine establishment through YouTube. I read the book, perused the blog, visited the forum. It's quite the little empire. One suggestion: you should better integrate the blog and the forum. There are many good posts in the forum that could be condensed and adapted to the blog. There are many comments in the blog that would benefit from forum members who would respond to them (politely of course). You might also consider advertising more. I am surprised I have never heard of your efforts, given their extent. That is all.

Very low budget ... high effort.  If you have a web page, blog, or YouTube director's account, post a link to here.  It would help boost the Google page rank a bit.

That said, there have been a minimum of two spin-offs you might want to take a look at with good quality content;

State of Protest
http://www.stateofprotest.com/blog

Atheist Think Tank
http://www.atheistthinktank.net

...I'll leave it to others to plug additional projects.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Empire [#379]
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 03:14:37 PM »
Also ... there is a sea of related web sites out there.  It's hard to stand out in that roar of activity.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer