Author Topic: Curious [#2351]  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Gordon Freeman

• Graduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • Car je gol! - Emperor has no clothes!
    • Ateizam
Re: Curious [#2351]
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 01:09:19 AM »
^^ awesome post, thatguy.

Can I have your permission to copy and paste it on another forum, with attribution to you, of course.

Absolutely. I'm humbled by this request actually. Same goes for Gordon Freeman.

I'm going to translate it to my language today. Thank you thatguy.
The bible is like our celebrity world: Beautiful from outside, but rotten from inside.
---me---

When you confront bible and logic, it is not logic that fails.
---me---

Offline Positiveaob

Re: Curious [#2351]
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 04:20:37 PM »
I'd like to point out that atheism does not define morals. I am pro-life and support the 2nd Amendmand.

Good for you, I like it when we have some conservatives on this site.  It helps to show that atheists are all-types, not just a bleeding heart liberals like we get painted as.  And I get royally pissed-off when someone suggests that Xtians contribute more to various charitable work such as Haitian relief.  The words christianity and ethics are not synonymous!  Atheists are pretty much a representative slice of humanity, just united in not devoting our lives to stone age superstitions.

For me personally, I dont spend much time thinking/worrying about abortion, and (much as I like guns personally) I'm definitely not 100% with you on the second amendment issue.  But alot of other issues, including reforming welfare/medicaid and increasing the military budget, I'm definitely on the conservative side.

Getting a bit off-track I guess, but I doubt the OP is even reading these responses anyway.
If you desire peace of soul and happiness, then believe; if you would be a disciple of truth, then inquire. - Neitzsche

Support the Military Religious Freedom Foundation!