Author Topic: Pseudo-Random Poe Generator Using random sentences from a WWGHA Theist  (Read 8847 times)

Offline jtp56

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-66
  • WWGHA Member
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Pseudo-Random Poe Generator Using random sentences from a WWGHA Theist
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2012, 11:02:42 PM »
Tell me what you believe, and I will find a scientist who has a different theory.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2012, 02:11:49 AM »
1+1=2

Good luck.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2012, 06:29:54 AM »

So I'm hammered drunk!  WTF?  Why is your inane effusive post supposed to counter my arguments?  Typical response!!!  A person believes different than you so its the person, not the argument/response.  Discuss the point, not me!  This is the problem! The scientific community today! No one dare challenge the primary axiom.  The believers (BBT and evolution) do not argue the primary axiom; they end up arguing resumes from the false premise that they are right.

This is an on line forum, and I think it's cute how you demand your wittle ideas be discussed. Then what happened, sweetheart?
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +280/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2012, 06:32:22 AM »
*raises hand*
Do me.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2012, 07:33:25 AM »

great one HAL! How were you able to change your settings, so it actually looked like jtp56 was writing another inane effusive post? Almost like the real thing, only not as hammered drunk.

Oh this -

So I'm hammered drunk!  WTF?  Why is your inane effusive post supposed to counter my arguments?  Typical response!!!  A person believes different than you so its the person, not the argument/response.  Discuss the point, not me!  This is the problem! The scientific community today! No one dare challenge the primary axiom.  The believers (BBT and evolution) do not argue the primary axiom; they end up arguing resumes from the false premise that they are right.

We have a script running in the background on the server now - Grimm wrote it. If I want a string of responses for fun from any member I just select the member and how many sentences (10 sentences above) I want and it inserts it into any thread at will, just like above. Sounds like the real person doesn't it? But, it's meaningless drivel, as you can read. Hahaha.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2012, 08:03:30 AM »
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....well you're not going to fool me anymore.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:58:33 PM by Ambassador Pony »
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »
*raises hand*
Do me.

Hang on to your seats. This is gonna be so much fun... Gimme thirty minutes. I'm an atheist who cannot understand why people believe in something with 0 evidence. I once had to be hungry for 12 hours... if i find a coin in the middle of the street, its because i was there and looked down, if i drop something, its because it slipped. If you are swallowed by any animal, whale or not, YOU ARE DIGESTED BY IT. Sorry. I got a little carried away there with the hyperbole. I tried to be subtle about showing it, but now I see that was a mistake. I think there's a name for this fallacy, but I don't remember what it is.

See if this gets through your thick skull. Everything happens for a reason. There were these bacteria that "fed" on, let's call it element A. They had feathers, you know. We could also brainwash all of them. However, I believe there is a slight problem with the methods by which these studies are performed. What about basic biology? Or are you saying that they'll die within a 24-hour period? The test is throwing them into the volcano. The logic behind this statement is astounding.

Now this: You've met, let's say... 100 people. Actually let's say 200. Seriously, that is the only thing I can think of.

The current character limit seems too short for some posts. Welcome to my world. I blame the fairies. Sorry, I just realized my statement is incomplete. The first step would be to read the rules. You don't have to, but that doesn't mean I'm not curious. Translation: I realized that I'm wrong, but I won't admit it because I'm intellectually dishonest.

Do large amounts of acid just pop up out of nowhere? I was just curious. And random number generators are quite similar to actual randomness. Am I the only one who knows what Azdgari means but can't stop thinking about something else? I look at "puddle" and can't stop smiling. I don't like my men with beards. Yes, I know I'm not kin hell. I've never shed a tear at a funeral. I don't understand what this means. Where the hell did I say any of that? What's that supposed to mean? It's a riddle. One problem with that: Nobody gives a shit. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow, I'm a fucking retard. I tend to describe my attempts as "nonsense" if I lack the knowledge to make a serious attempt. You can't have juice without water; does that mean that water is juice? My point is that if I cannot even conceive of an experiment to determine that, how am I supposed to provide evidence for it? See the first point. See above. See way above about the supernatural. Above. Let me restate this as clearly as possible. See two points below. See everything above. Keep looking down. Your move. That's how it works.

*sigh* I could go on, but I think I've made my point. This thread is here just in case it's true. Report me if you wish. I have nothing to fear. That is my story *Farewell. My job here is done. I'll address the rest tomorrow. I have to go to sleep now.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2012, 06:26:51 AM »
These are hilarious. They don't seem nearly as real as the theist ones though.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2012, 07:04:50 AM »
They don't seem nearly as real as the theist ones though.

The theist ones are easier to create/take less time. Their phrases are so general that I don't have to move things around as much to make a paragraph that sounds realistic. But that was the point of the whole idea. I was reading theists posts one day and realized most of them would make as much sense if I strung random claims and utterances about religion and god together, and I believe I proved that was the case. The atheist ones end up being more silly and fun when done this way, because it's harder to re-arrange logical claims and rational thinking. In other words they don't make as much "sense" (to use the term loosely) as the theists ones but are fun to read anyway.

I'll do another theist today and see how it turns out for comparison to the last several atheists.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2012, 08:12:32 AM »
OK here's a theist - magicmiles. Again, every single sentence is a random sentence from random posts, and yet it flows very well, but isn't as funny as the atheist ones. It also took very little time to put together. It just sounds like most theists, going right along spouting generalities and god-nonsense. I could have gone on a lot longer because it was so easy to assemble. Do you think I'm biased or do you think my "theory" has merit?

magicmiles

Hi

I did ask for my account to be deleted but that didn't happen...clearly. I don't run away from hard questions. Reading through the content of the web site, I noticed there was the occasional reference to Santa as a means of equating the craziness of Christian faith. You're probably in for an unpleasant surprise. Sounds to me more that you dislike God rather than don't belive He exists. We have a tendency to refuse to recognise authority unless it suits us, or unless we agree with it. Are you generally happy to submit to those in authority over you? Lets just try and keep it civil, and bear in mind that for every 1 post I make I get 1000 replies...What a load of absolute bullshit. As I said on another thread, I'm not the right person to try and respond to these objections to God.

Oh - has science discovered what set the whole 'cause and effect" thing in motion? I must have missed the news. What we seem to have is an "unknown" that was the first cause in the subsequent cause and effect chain. I have a good idea on what makes some of you tick, which was my intention. I don't claim to understand how God can have always existed, but I believe it. I'm reasonably sure that's a logical fallacy of some type, but I'm too lazy to check. That can be a general question to all posters. I'm making every effort to be respectful and courteous.

My point is unfolding. I believe faith is believing something to be true and responding accordingly. Well, psychiatrists all tend to agree that they actually don't have a sense of right and wrong. I cannot accept your arguments about objective morality - I'm convinced beyond any doubt that humans share the same moral compass. I can't make much ground on the subject of a 'moral compass' if you insist on being the one to define what it is can I?

I believe God can give and take life as He sees fit. It's hard to wrestle with for beleivers and non-believers alike. God is merciful. Jesus healed the sick. It also appears, and this is a bit of a general comment, that there is much derision of Christians for basing their beliefs on " some old books ". Are the ten commandments culturally relevant today? So I'm sure I'll address then all sooner or later. There will be nothing good about hell, whatever that literally ends up being. Pain can be good. It doesn't prove God exists in any empirical way, but it certainly strengthens my faith.

I really can't tell you anything here that you probably don't know already. For the record, I know nothing of science and dislike the discipline intensely. I beleive that supernatural is God...and I can't explain Him, but I can know Him. It isn't blind obedience. I don't require any validation. Yes, I have read the bible in its entirety. I actually find it more authentic that the gospel accounts have variations in detail and what events are and aren't recorded.

Such fun... sorry. No more arguing here. I've just put Empire Strikes back on the DVD player - my son is watching it for the first time as I type ( he's 6 ). See you in some other threads no doubt. And my best regards to your Grandma Floy.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2012, 05:43:10 PM »
Most interesting.
The 2010 world cup was ruined for me by that slippery bastard Paul.

Offline wilhelm

• Novice
  • Darwins +1/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2012, 01:15:52 AM »
Also, I bet your secretly saying within you "I don't want Him to come. If He does, I'll hit Him into next week!

;D

Jesus cant come? Now thats just mean. I'd let him come. Just wear a condom or somethin...

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2012, 03:34:42 AM »
Hmmm. I have the inkling of a theory starting to germinate in my mind about your theory HAL. Just out of curiosity could you do me? Seeing that I am neither an atheist nor a true believer it could be mildly interesting.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +826/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2012, 12:45:40 PM »
HAL might be willing to do you, just like we are all willing to let Jesus have a second coming if he wears a condom. Just check with your wife first. :D
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »
Just out of curiosity could you do me?

Be careful what you ask for - you just might get it.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »
I hadn't been paying much attention to this thread, but it's great!   ;D 

I'd say do me, but I think we all know how that would work

"I love.....That's hilarious.....It's pretty amusing......"    ;)
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2012, 02:53:15 PM »
Psssst.. Hal...smoking is cool... :o

<gives life as I know it over to Hal.>
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2012, 04:21:28 PM »
Hmmm. I have the inkling of a theory starting to germinate in my mind about your theory HAL. Just out of curiosity could you do me? Seeing that I am neither an atheist nor a true believer it could be mildly interesting.

So after reading this, what's your theory?  :)

jaybwell32

To all the beautiful people who come here and set up multiple accounts -

I have a natural ability to effectively communicate with bat shit crazy people. I did start a heated debate when I was in boot camp by telling this one guy that I was god and challenged him to prove me wrong. I happen to find irony very funny. I had a friend once who was poorer than me. Currently, my family is covered by medicaid/medicare and for a short time I was covered as well. I don't trust anyone who keeps trying to take my money. We recently adopted a puppy from our neighbor and had to take him to an emergency vet hospital late last night. It's a beautiful sun shiny day with low humidity at about 76. I am pretty much drunk at this moment. It's also a great day to get high                   ON WEED! What kind of drugs ya'll do?

This thread is wide open, anything goes. Now let me tell you something about restaurant workers. I will say this much in all honesty. Generally speaking of course. I guess they figure controversy = profits. They support gay marriage...they support open carry of firearms...If that ain't enough maybe you could do your own research. I've been scratching my head over this myself. Well dammit. It made sense in my mind. There really is too much to get into at the moment so I'll just leave this here for you to think about. Sooo, back to the drawing board.

Slow down there little eager...Look at the words which I just bolded. Religion is a tool.....to motivate the dumb masses to move. My view is that once they are old enough to be reasoned with they are too old for spankings. Why get offended over what god damned word comes out of someones mouth? This could be a big can of worms but I am sincerely confused by some of the arguments and statements posted on this forum. Do you think it is reasonable to dehumanize a whole group of people because they don't have the same views as you? Commin atcha from all angles bro! braaainz.

Another fun activity is to go into your local 24 hour grocery store around 1 or 2 in the morning and suck all the gas out of the whip cream on the shelves. I shit you not...it was magical. If that was too extreme...I will give one free +thumb to the first person who answers this question correctly. What do you get when you mix David Bowie with Annie Lennox, Lady Gaga and a Mormon? It's really quite easily explained if you just look at that bird over there!

Can you help me Mr. Ambassador? Who do you play with? Are you related to a troll, goes by the moniker of Animal? It's as if you know me, personally, like the back or your hand. Don't you cuss at me. You sound like a hopeless romantic. You want to brow beat and humiliate all believers into submission so that we can all contribute to society and be free from oppression or being made to feel stupid. The deliberate infliction of pain, yes. Yeah, yeah, yeah...scare tactics and fear-mongering. I am sad for you. If I were to say to you that there are as many different realities as there are people to perceive it, would you agree or disagree? Also, if you start getting burnt out or overwhelmed just visit one of the recreational threads. Or you have grown tired of this POE you created maybe? Insulting bald guys will get you eaten by lions and tigers and bears, oh my! I am done with you. 0_o

Just had a thought...I have had drinks so this may not be exactly what I mean to say but here goes. What is more natural, wood or plastic? Is nuclear fusion natural? Concrete? Cars? A thought is forming in my addled mind. If a cat gives birth to kittens in an oven, it doesn't mean they're biscuits. This makes even less sense than putting screen doors on submarines. I could, without lying, tell you that I know for a fact that Satan is real because one time on LSD I played a game of chess with him. Loved every moment of it. We are the Gods that the lower primates will someday write stories about. Hold on to that thought.

I'm sorry...what were we talking about? Okay, I used to stare at the sun...you know why? Scares the shit out me frankly. We all know Velkyn pretty well. You seen the muscles on that woman?! She's fit, bet she could outrun a gazelle. I had to spank her a couple times for disrespecting her mothers authority. The idea came at me from nowhere. Somehow the girl survived but for how long no one knows. I remember when I was about 8 or 9, driving by a Girl Scout's camp area. But seriously....there are somethings that are better left unanswered.

Fuck Democrats. Fuck Republicans. Fuck the two party system. This is you and this is me. We are one and I am drunk. Can you see what my mind sees? You know, if we're all dead then I guess I am just talking to myself from here on out. I'm gonna go vomit then curl up in the fetal position for awhile.

Now, lets forget about this whole unpleasant mess and go shopping. I have a theory I will post at some point in the near future for your consideration. For now, I must retire. You may PM me if you like. Thank you for reading, I must now take my meds and attempt my ever elusive slumber.

KILL SCOT PETERSON.

Edit:

spelling and grammar
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:28:29 PM by HAL »

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »
 :o I ain't askin for that punishment. Is vekyn really that...nahhh.. I don't believe it. ;D

Offline Lorax

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2012, 04:08:31 AM »
*raises hand*
Do me.
Wow, I'm a fucking retard. I tend to describe my attempts as "nonsense" if I lack the knowledge to make a serious attempt. You can't have juice without water; does that mean that water is juice? My point is that if I cannot even conceive of an experiment to determine that, how am I supposed to provide evidence for it? See the first point. See above. See way above about the supernatural. Above. Let me restate this as clearly as possible. See two points below. See everything above. Keep looking down. Your move. That's how it works.

*sigh* I could go on, but I think I've made my point. This thread is here just in case it's true. Report me if you wish. I have nothing to fear. That is my story *Farewell. My job here is done. I'll address the rest tomorrow. I have to go to sleep now.

This is consistent with my interaction with Lucifer.

May I request Velkyn? He may not be interested but I am.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2012, 08:25:24 AM »
and still can't realize that Velkyn is a she not a he. 

and I don't see this as "punishment".  I write like I do and no apologies.   ;D    I love a good spoof. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2012, 08:34:30 AM »
and still can't realize that Velkyn is a she not a he. 

and I don't see this as "punishment".  I write like I do and no apologies.   ;D    I love a good spoof.

Or as T.V. tropes calls it: Affectionate Parody.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2012, 08:54:12 AM »
Or as T.V. tropes calls it: Affectionate Parody.

indeed.  and I love when actors have no problem with parodies of themselves adam westing

and I'm more evil than Hatter since I will put a link to suck people into Tv Tropes.  ;D

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2012, 09:07:24 AM »
So after reading this, what's your theory?  :)

First, you have confirmed my suspicion that I am riddled with A.D.D.   If left unchecked I could go off on a rant like that one and make about as much sense.  ;)

When a theist joins this site they usually have one thing in mind...defending their God. Almost all their thoughts will be geared towards that goal. So, it's very easy to show them being all the same and like minded. It does not necessarily mean that they are all the same, just that it can be shown that they all come here for the same reason.

With Lucifer and myself you get a completely different "feel" to it. Because we are coming to this forum for different reasons. If you were to do velkyn or jaimehlrs, for example, you would likely find something more coherent and fluid...like jetson's, but still have a different "feel" to it...reflecting their personalities.

It's like a snapshot of a person's running narrative on this forum. In my case, it's a snapshot of my running narrative in general.
Now, I'm gonna go vomit then curl up in the fetal position for awhile.

I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2012, 09:42:01 AM »
Feel free to do me whenever.  And to use that sentence in it as well.  :P
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2012, 09:45:36 AM »
indeed.  and I love when actors have no problem with parodies of themselves adam westing

and I'm more evil than Hatter since I will put a link to suck people into Tv Tropes.  ;D

I agree that you are more evil, because even Evil has it's standards ;)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvenEvilHasStandards
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2012, 12:04:39 PM »
Hal: I'm a baaaaaad boy.  :)  But nobody ever said baaaaaaad isn't entertaining.. 8)

By the way, velky gets my vote for baaaaaad ass of the year...costume also sold separately.   ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:08:11 PM by atheola »

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2012, 12:34:40 PM »

OK, I will later today or tomorrow.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »

Working on it, this is a tough one - lots of material, LOTS of material. We'll see what it ends up like.

Next up -

Velkyn  :D